Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Everfree Dark Tournament RP

Literally Snails

2 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I'm sorry, but at the moment, Jade is completely exhausted and out of energy. She's fading in and out of consciousness. So, would it be okay if you could ask her a little later?"

"No."

1 hour ago, dragon4111 said:

Draco stopped in his tracks and said "You coming miss Topaz? I'm going to be giving my leader a call and there will be nothing of this arena. So please come with me to my guild," Draco stated with a charming smile on his battle worn face.

Topaz shook her head, wiping the expression from her face. "I've had enough of this. For this year at least." She said.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo just continued to stare at Rail's fallen form, while it seemed that Draco tried to make an offer to Topaz. He wasn't sure if she would listen or not, but it seemed like it was finally over. He was brought out of his musings as he felt Jade struggle to stand up. He was thankful that she regained consciousness, but she still looked to be very tired. He looked over to see that she was hobbling away. In the direction she was heading, it could only mean that Jade was heading towards the medical area. He knew that Tricis was her number one concern right now. He made his way over towards Jade, while placing a hoof upon her shoulder. "Here." He stated, before lowering himself towards the ground so she could place herself upon his back. "I know you probably don't want help. In the state that you're in, you'll be in no shape to walk. I want to go see Tricis and help her wake up. You've earned a good rest so there's no need to push yourself, okay? As a friend, please let me help you, Jade." 

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

"Don't go out on me now. We haven't even botha'd your gran yet." She heard Cumulus' voice say as her eyes closed. He used a wing to prop Jade up on the opposite side of Dynamo. Tatterhoof had walked down through the thinning crowd as well, standing in the rubble of the ring next to Cumulus and Dynamo.

"So the show's finally over," Tatterhoof said before being startled into a jump when a massive hoof slammed onto the ground behind him. Onyx stood towering over them all after stomping on the lighter next to Rail's corpse. In his arms, he had the body of Selene.

The last living member of Team Rokata looked down at Jade, barely conscious, being helped by her friends. "Before you go," He said, "How? How where you able to beat him?" There was an accusatory sting to his voice, the culmination of a decade of hatred. "What did you have that I never did?"

Jade didn't have the energy to stop Dynamo and Cumulus helping her, so she could only groan weakly and wiggle her hooves as she was lifted onto the Unicorn's back.

She heard Onyx's booming voice, and with what consciousness she still had, she wondered. How did she beat Rokata? Shao certainly helped, but his power alone couldn't have been enough, could it?

"Didn't give up," she eventually muttered. "Kept fighting... pushed to his limit..."

On 8/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, Literally Snails said:

"No."

On 8/19/2020 at 8:40 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade didn't have the energy to stop Dynamo and Cumulus helping her, so she could only groan weakly and wiggle her hooves as she was lifted onto the Unicorn's back.

She heard Onyx's booming voice, and with what consciousness she still had, she wondered. How did she beat Rokata? Shao certainly helped, but his power alone couldn't have been enough, could it?

"Didn't give up," she eventually muttered. "Kept fighting... pushed to his limit..."

@Unicorncob @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363 @dragon4111 @DwhitetheGamer

Dynamo sighed and began to open his mouth to give what he thought. He suddenly stopped as he felt a sort of movement upon his back. His eyes glanced over to see Jade was still awake with what consciousness she had left. It was soft, but he was able to hear her muttering response to Onyx. Looking back at the minotaur, Dynamo sighed with a shrug of his shoulder.s "I hope that answered your question. Look. If I knew the answer, then I'd probably tell you. At the moment, all I can say is this." The blue unicorn grew quiet as he tried to find the right words to say. "I think Jade had something special going for her. Rokata? He had all the power in the world, but it seemed he only wanted to fight. To fight someone that could challenge him and help solve some sort of purpose. Maybe he wanted to fight someone who could make the fight not be so easy to conclude. A fight that one wouldn't know which side would be the victor. Maybe Jade and Rokata had some sort of similarity with one another. Tricis told Jade and I that when she trained us. How the two of us reminded her of what Rokata used to be. I...I don't exactly know what made Rokata become who he is now, but he lost his way. Maybe...what he had done to Draco was a sign that maybe the old Rokata was still there deep inside. Maybe I'm just overlooking things, but I know this. Jade had something going for her. I heard what happened to your and your tribe and I'm truly sorry. Even so, you fought only to have some sort of revenge and/or a vendetta against Rokata. Hate and revenge will never solve anything, or get you what you desire. Jade? The mare's got heart, determination. Perhaps a true strength that you, I, nor anyone else may be able to understand or fully grasp. Maybe someday, the truth will reveal itself. For the moment, that's the best answer we can give you now." He would say, hoping that Onyx would accept that kind of response from both him and his team captain.

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/19/2020 at 7:40 AM, Unicorncob said:

5 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

"I hope that answered your question. Look. If I knew the answer, then I'd probably tell you. At the moment, all I can say is this." The blue unicorn grew quiet as he tried to find the right words to say. "I think Jade had something special going for her. Rokata?

@DwhitetheGamer

Then I have my answer straight from her. Exactly what he said he wanted from me, but it was all a lie. I was never meant to beat him. I was used.

Onyx hoised Selene's body over his shoulder and walked away, passing by Copper as he exited through what remained of the west gates. He didn't say anything to the combatant, but gave him a passing look in his stoic expression, still with a hint of respect.

Cumulus and Shining Armor lead Jade back to the medical ward with the aid of Dynamo. It was far from a fully fledged hospital, and the treatment rooms were all full of fans injured from watching the finals, so many that their numbers spilled out into the halls and into lounges usually left for gambling and spectating. The room Tricis' body was housed in was still off by itself. The staff had kept it undisturbed under direct orders from Rail.

Tricis was right where they left her, laying on her back with her legs crossed over her chest and her eyes peacefully closed. Only a small sliver of sunlight shone through the curtains, illuminating the room.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:10 PM, dragon4111 said:

@Literally Snails

"Enough of the blood shed?" Draco asked with a shake of his head. "Very well I'll see if I can get into contact wirth one of my contacts to see if they can hook you up with a trade. I know you can do it on your own but allow me to do this miss Topaz,"

"I doubt she wants a job, considering," Dai said, displaying more understanding of ponies than Draco. "You should join your friends."

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Cumulus and Shining Armor lead Jade back to the medical ward with the aid of Dynamo. It was far from a fully fledged hospital, and the treatment rooms were all full of fans injured from watching the finals, so many that their numbers spilled out into the halls and into lounges usually left for gambling and spectating. The room Tricis' body was housed in was still off by itself. The staff had kept it undisturbed under direct orders from Rail.

Tricis was right where they left her, laying on her back with her legs crossed over her chest and her eyes peacefully closed. Only a small sliver of sunlight shone through the curtains, illuminating the room.

Jade's vision blurred in and out, but she could see the masses of injured fans taking up the wards and hallways. The fans injured from the destruction.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't pushed Rokata so hard, these creatures wouldn't be...

Her thoughts froze as she saw the body of her teacher laying peacefully in her bed. She tried to squirm onto her hooves. When Tricis awoke, Jade wanted her to see her pupil still moving under her own strength after emerging vicorious.

Stand tall... make her proud... apologise for the trouble I've caused...

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@DwhitetheGamer

Then I have my answer straight from her. Exactly what he said he wanted from me, but it was all a lie. I was never meant to beat him. I was used.

Onyx hoised Selene's body over his shoulder and walked away, passing by Copper as he exited through what remained of the west gates. He didn't say anything to the combatant, but gave him a passing look in his stoic expression, still with a hint of respect.

@Unicorncob

Seeing Onyx begin to walk away had lead Dynamo to believe that he got the answer he was looking for. Seeing Selene being hoisted over his shoulder caused the blue unicorn to stop temporarily in his tracks. "Onyx, wait!" He called out to the departing minotaur. "There's only one thing I can ask, if you don't mind. Selene maybe have been an enemy, but...she's still my friend. If you can, then please give her a proper burial. That's all I can ask is to give her some closure." He knew that she was gone as her life was connected to Rokata's. The least he could do is to give Selene the respect to finally hoping she could find peace. He soon turned around, following alongside Shining Armor and Cumulus towards the medical ward. Seeing injured fans around the halls and in rooms was a shock to Dynamo. However, he knew that a majority had gotten hurt throughout the finals, so it wasn't mostly shocking. It reminded him of when he would be in the hospital to visit his father. It would probably be something that the gaming pony would never get used to seeing.

13 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

21 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade's vision blurred in and out, but she could see the masses of injured fans taking up the wards and hallways. The fans injured from the destruction.

This is all my fault. If I hadn't pushed Rokata so hard, these creatures wouldn't be...

Her thoughts froze as she saw the body of her teacher laying peacefully in her bed. She tried to squirm onto her hooves. When Tricis awoke, Jade wanted her to see her pupil still moving under her own strength after emerging vicorious.

Upon reaching Tricis's room, Dynamo was thankful that it was left undisturbed. Entering the room, he was greeted with the sight of their coach lying on her back. She looked almost peaceful as a small bit of sunlight shone through the curtains and upon Tricis. As Jade squirmed to her hooves, Dynamo helped her to her hooves. All the while, placing her hoof upon her shoulder to help give her support. "Shining Armor, do you still have the vial to help Tricis wake up?" He asks, hoping that either Shining Armor or Jade would have the vial on them for the moment of truth. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/22/2020 at 8:00 AM, Dynamo Pad said:

"There's only one thing I can ask, if you don't mind. Selene maybe have been an enemy, but...she's still my friend. If you can, then please give her a proper burial. That's all I can ask is to give her some closure."

Onyx stopped for a moment, hearing Dynamo's request. He turned his head slightly to let Dynamo know he heard him, then he walked away without a word.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:50 AM, Unicorncob said:

The vial Rail provided was placed near Tricis and Shining Armor opened the cap. The purple lifeforce shot out and immediately seeked Tricis out, returning to her in the same way that Rokata had taken it less than a day earlier. A lifelike glow returned to her skin and Jade could see her distinctive aura return, like she could see the life return to her.  Her aura was still weak, having given nearly all of her energy to Jade, but she was alive.

Shining Armor stepped back, making sure Jade would be the first to see her as Tricis opened her eyes. She rose from the bed, smiling at her apprentice with a soft, knowing gaze. She barely had enough strength to talk at first, and her voice was raspier and weaker than usual, but she seemed to be recovering quickly. "You look terrible," she said.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Onyx stopped for a moment, hearing Dynamo's request. He turned his head slightly to let Dynamo know he heard him, then he walked away without a word.

The vial Rail provided was placed near Tricis and Shining Armor opened the cap. The purple lifeforce shot out and immediately seeked Tricis out, returning to her in the same way that Rokata had taken it less than a day earlier. A lifelike glow returned to her skin and Jade could see her distinctive aura return, like she could see the life return to her.  Her aura was still weak, having given nearly all of her energy to Jade, but she was alive.

Shining Armor stepped back, making sure Jade would be the first to see her as Tricis opened her eyes. She rose from the bed, smiling at her apprentice with a soft, knowing gaze. She barely had enough strength to talk at first, and her voice was raspier and weaker than usual, but she seemed to be recovering quickly. "You look terrible," she said.

Jade's heart soared when she saw Tricis begin to stir, and soon wake up. She smiled back, eyes starting to tear up. "I feel terrible."

She bowed her head to her teacher. "I'm so sorry for causing all this trouble. But, we did it. It's over now."

On 8/25/2020 at 7:58 AM, Unicorncob said:

Jade's heart soared when she saw Tricis begin to stir, and soon wake up. She smiled back, eyes starting to tear up. "I feel terrible."

She bowed her head to her teacher. "I'm so sorry for causing all this trouble. But, we did it. It's over now."

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Tricis put a hoof on Jade's shoulder and turned to Shining Armor. "And Rokata is...?"

Shining Armor nodded.

"Help me up," Tricis said to Jade and Dynamo. She needed them to help her stand, and when she was able to stand, she walked over to the window by her bedside.

"Well, if that's all done with, I'm gonna leave," Dai said to Draco. "I don't think it'll be hard for either of us to find the other, when we need to."

Quill tugged on Shining Armor's elbow and spoke to him loudly enough that Jade and Dynamo could hear, but Tricis was already across the room. "There's something I was trying to find out, the reason I went to grab my notes when Rokata transformed. I was looking for this."

She pulled out a black and white picture of Thuum, the Gryphon warlord who attacked the dojo Tricis and Rokata's father used to teach at, who killed his father and slaughtered his students when tricis and Rokata where away. Tricis had told Jade that Rokata left to confront Thuum alone, and came back victorious, but forever changed. The picture bore a striking resemblance. The structure of the monstorous gryphon's muscles, the claws, and shape of his head and jagged teeth, it looked like Rokata in his final transformation.

Thuum wasn't a supernatural being, he couldn't have posessed Rokata or become him somehow, yet Rokata's transformation seemed to be designed after him. Whatever Rokata did to become what he was, he designed it after that monster.

"Why would he choose to look like something he hated so much?"

• Brohoof 1

Rose just watched the whole thing go down and once she got some strength back into her limbs, she picked herself up, and said as she walked up to Topaz, "Sorry about your father, are you going to be alright?"

10 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Tricis put a hoof on Jade's shoulder and turned to Shining Armor. "And Rokata is...?"

Shining Armor nodded.

"Help me up," Tricis said to Jade and Dynamo. She needed them to help her stand, and when she was able to stand, she walked over to the window by her bedside.

Quill tugged on Shining Armor's elbow and spoke to him loudly enough that Jade and Dynamo could hear, but Tricis was already across the room. "There's something I was trying to find out, the reason I went to grab my notes when Rokata transformed. I was looking for this."

She pulled out a black and white picture of Thuum, the Gryphon warlord who attacked the dojo Tricis and Rokata's father used to teach at, who killed his father and slaughtered his students when tricis and Rokata where away. Tricis had told Jade that Rokata left to confront Thuum alone, and came back victorious, but forever changed. The picture bore a striking resemblance. The structure of the monstorous gryphon's muscles, the claws, and shape of his head and jagged teeth, it looked like Rokata in his final transformation.

Thuum wasn't a supernatural being, he couldn't have posessed Rokata or become him somehow, yet Rokata's transformation seemed to be designed after him. Whatever Rokata did to become what he was, he designed it after that monster.

Despite every inch of her hurting, Jade wasted no time in helping Tricis out of bed. She kept her eyes on her teacher as she looked out the window.

I did it... we did it...

She looked over at the picture and listened to Quill. The image was certainly uncanny, but if Thuum wasn't responsible...

"What if it wasn't his choice?" he suggested. "Perhaps something posessed both of them?"

On 8/27/2020 at 7:52 AM, Unicorncob said:

Despite every inch of her hurting, Jade wasted no time in helping Tricis out of bed. She kept her eyes on her teacher as she looked out the window.

I did it... we did it...

She looked over at the picture and listened to Quill. The image was certainly uncanny, but if Thuum wasn't responsible...

"What if it wasn't his choice?" he suggested. "Perhaps something posessed both of them?"

@Dynamo Pad@DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363

(It's been real, and I'm still open to doing a sequel, but I've clearly lost steam on this one. I appreciate you all for sticking around till we got to an end!)

Spoiler

"Were it so simple," was all Tricis said, still gazing out the window.

Ray and Tatterhoof met up outside of the arena beside the hotel pool, watching fans clear out from the nearly obliterated stadium. "Dai said thomething about thtaying in Equethtria a while. Said she... needed to learn more about them."

"Then I guess my debt is solely to you." Tatterhoof said leaning on his Cane.

Tatterhoof and Ray stayed together after the tournament, but under Ray's leadership, they formed an actual circus act. Having been proven a less than capable fighter, Tattehoof's talents were used for what they always should have been for: entertainment.

Dai left the arena with Draco, but with little more than a vague promise to return to him, she parted ways with him to live amongst ponies. For what reason? She doesn't know.

"Maybe Rokata thought it was some kind of penance, like he was guilty for feeling vulnerable and he never wanted to be vulnerable again, so he became the one thing he knew was invulnerable," Shining Armor theorised. "Maybe he admired the power Thuum had and really did become him. Maybe that's what made him feel so guilty. Maybe he was afraid of the way Tricis dealt with the tragedy, and took the extreme road so he wouldn't have to look back. Maybe he was just afraid of growing old."

Onyx walked on foot for days with Selene's body before finally ariving at the ruined desert site that was his village. Amongst the husks of charred huts, a boulder was errected in its center, where a well once was, carved by hands with the names of the deceased. Behind the boulder was a cave carved in limestone. Onyx placed Selene's body at the foot of the boulder, resting her head against it like a pillow.

Onyx trained in solitude at his village, some nights confusing nearby travelers with sounds of earthquakes and tumbling rubble, but his efforts were directed at nothing. With Rokata dead, he would never know if he was even capable of reaching his goal.

"Rokata isn't a pretty picture. He's a scattered puzzle. Every time you find a piece that fits you realize two others are in the wrong place, and he's willing to attack anyone trying to solve it, including himself." Shining Armor added.

Topaz sat behind her fathers desk with a phone to her ear. The shades on the window behind her shrowded the room in moody darkness. "Yes, there's plenty of money from the proceeds for the repairs.... I don't care how long you say it's gonna take. It's getting done in a year." She leaned back in her chair. "The chairpony?" She paused and brought the phone away to take a deep breath before pulling it back. "You're talking to her."

Rail's plans were burried with the last of his fortune, leaving his daughter with only his tournament as inheritance. Though she'd never attempt the evils that he sought, she would continue his legacy through the dark tournament.

Tricis and Rokata locked eyes, then Tricis turned to Jade and Dynamo. "I'm... tired. Let's go home," she said, a tear of joy, relief, and sadness crossing her cheek.

Cumulus was already perched in the open window on the farside of the room, tipping an invisible hat to Jade. "Right as rain! We'll fight again when you're better Jade!" He promised. Shining Armor suddenly snapped into action.

"Wait! You're a fugitive from justice!" He cried, dashing toward the window. Cumulus jumped out and flew away, leaving a trail of smoke. Shining Armor jumped through the ground floor window and could be heard barking orders at royal guards outside to pursue.

Spoiler

A week passed and the stadium was empty. Reconstruction wouldn't begin for another month and the ruins of the arena were left to crumble in the rain. A lone dark blue unicorn mare trudged through the muddy sod toward a pile of rubble beside a collapsed stadium wall and put up an umbrella.

"I was planning to wait here for years, but who is this?" Mason's haunting voice echoed from the very earth. A small shadow-like orb stretched from between two rocks, with a single red eye blinking up at her. "I haven't recovered yet. I can't see you."

"It's a pity to waste something that's survived for so long, laughing one," the mare said. She knelt beside the rocks, getting eye level with what remained of Tenebris. "You're going to love what I have in store for you."

• Brohoof 1

On 8/24/2020 at 9:58 PM, Literally Snails said:

On 8/25/2020 at 8:58 AM, Unicorncob said:

Seeing Onyx turn his head slightly gave Dynamo the idea that he heard his request. Even though nothing was said, he was glad to know his voice had been heard.

Once the vial was opened, the life-force instantly came to life and searched for Tricis. Finding it's target, a lifelike glow had appeared, while the life soon began to return to the old mare. The energy given wasn't as strong as it once was, but Dynamo could still sense her magic. She was still with them, in the end. Dynamo made sure to keep Jade supported, while making sure that she would be the first to see their coach. Hearing Tricis's voice was like talking to an old friend he hadn't heard from in years. He chuckled at the interaction, before giving a tired nod. "You can say that again. After what we went through, we've really seen better days. Still, welcome back and it's good to see you again, Coach Tricis." He bowed his head to his coach/teacher. 

On 8/26/2020 at 10:32 PM, Literally Snails said:

@dragon4111 @Dynamo Pad @DwhitetheGamer @reader8363

Shining Armor nodded.

"Well, if that's all done with, I'm gonna leave," Dai said to Draco. "I don't think it'll be hard for either of us to find the other, when we need to."

On 8/27/2020 at 8:52 AM, Unicorncob said:

I did it... we did it...

Making sure Jade was steady on her hooves, Dynamo walked over towards the other side of the bed. He soon helped Tricis out of bed, before hearing Quill's question directed to everyone in the room. Looking towards Quill, he looked at what appeared to be a gryphon. The appearance in the picture matched perfectly to what Rokata looked like as he and Jade fought. "This tournament has happened before, right? With Rail, it seemed like he has made this tournament a thing year after year." Dynamo started, a sort of theory beginning to form within his mind. "Maybe it was Rokata, who had entered the tournament had gotten a sort of wish. Either that, or being given the power of a yokai, then he found the strength to take his revenge. Maybe to take down the monster that took his father and students away, then he would have to become the very monster he had despised?"

12 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

@Dynamo Pad@DwhitetheGamer @dragon4111 @Canteen_the_unstable @reader8363

(It's been real, and I'm still open to doing a sequel, but I've clearly lost steam on this one. I appreciate you all for sticking around till we got to an end!)

Reveal hidden contents

"Were it so simple," was all Tricis said, still gazing out the window.

Ray and Tatterhoof met up outside of the arena beside the hotel pool, watching fans clear out from the nearly obliterated stadium. "Dai said thomething about thtaying in Equethtria a while. Said she... needed to learn more about them."

"Then I guess my debt is solely to you." Tatterhoof said leaning on his Cane.

Tatterhoof and Ray stayed together after the tournament, but under Ray's leadership, they formed an actual circus act. Having been proven a less than capable fighter, Tattehoof's talents were used for what they always should have been for: entertainment.

Dai left the arena with Draco, but with little more than a vague promise to return to him, she parted ways with him to live amongst ponies. For what reason? She doesn't know.

"Maybe Rokata thought it was some kind of penance, like he was guilty for feeling vulnerable and he never wanted to be vulnerable again, so he became the one thing he knew was invulnerable," Shining Armor theorised. "Maybe he admired the power Thuum had and really did become him. Maybe that's what made him feel so guilty. Maybe he was afraid of the way Tricis dealt with the tragedy, and took the extreme road so he wouldn't have to look back. Maybe he was just afraid of growing old."

Onyx walked on foot for days with Selene's body before finally ariving at the ruined desert site that was his village. Amongst the husks of charred huts, a boulder was errected in its center, where a well once was, carved by hands with the names of the deceased. Behind the boulder was a cave carved in limestone. Onyx placed Selene's body at the foot of the boulder, resting her head against it like a pillow.

Onyx trained in solitude at his village, some nights confusing nearby travelers with sounds of earthquakes and tumbling rubble, but his efforts were directed at nothing. With Rokata dead, he would never know if he was even capable of reaching his goal.

"Rokata isn't a pretty picture. He's a scattered puzzle. Every time you find a piece that fits you realize two others are in the wrong place, and he's willing to attack anyone trying to solve it, including himself." Shining Armor added.

Topaz sat behind her fathers desk with a phone to her ear. The shades on the window behind her shrowded the room in moody darkness. "Yes, there's plenty of money from the proceeds for the repairs.... I don't care how long you say it's gonna take. It's getting done in a year." She leaned back in her chair. "The chairpony?" She paused and brought the phone away to take a deep breath before pulling it back. "You're talking to her."

Rail's plans were burried with the last of his fortune, leaving his daughter with only his tournament as inheritance. Though she'd never attempt the evils that he sought, she would continue his legacy through the dark tournament.

Tricis and Rokata locked eyes, then Tricis turned to Jade and Dynamo. "I'm... tired. Let's go home," she said, a tear of joy, relief, and sadness crossing her cheek.

Cumulus was already perched in the open window on the farside of the room, tipping an invisible hat to Jade. "Right as rain! We'll fight again when you're better Jade!" He promised. Shining Armor suddenly snapped into action.

"Wait! You're a fugitive from justice!" He cried, dashing toward the window. Cumulus jumped out and flew away, leaving a trail of smoke. Shining Armor jumped through the ground floor window and could be heard barking orders at royal guards outside to pursue.

Reveal hidden contents

A week passed and the stadium was empty. Reconstruction wouldn't begin for another month and the ruins of the arena were left to crumble in the rain. A lone dark blue unicorn mare trudged through the muddy sod toward a pile of rubble beside a collapsed stadium wall and put up an umbrella.

"I was planning to wait here for years, but who is this?" Mason's haunting voice echoed from the very earth. A small shadow-like orb stretched from between two rocks, with a single red eye blinking up at her. "I haven't recovered yet. I can't see you."

"It's a pity to waste something that's survived for so long, laughing one," the mare said. She knelt beside the rocks, getting eye level with what remained of Tenebris. "You're going to love what I have in store for you."

Listening to Shining Armor's explanation, Dynamo nodded as it seemed more believable. "If that's true, then maybe that was why he, as well as the other members on his team accepted the power so easily. At least, from what we had heard before our fight with them, anyway." Looking over towards Jade and Tricis, Dynamo gave a nod at her response. "Okay. Let's go home." Blinking in surprise to Cumulus's quick escape, Dynamo gave a small smile at his final words, before escaping. "Don't forget about me, Cumulus! I hope to fight you too." He would say, before watching as Shining Armor jumped out the window. He couldn't help in chuckling slightly as he barked orders to the royal guards outside. It seemed like everything was finally starting to go back to normal.

• Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Literally Snails said:

Jade was more than happy to put as much distance between herself and this place as possible. She bowed her head to Dynamo, and what remained of her team. "It has been an honour... to fight by such strong warriors. I hope we... may meet again some day... under more pleasant circumstances."

She blinked and tilted her head at Cumulus's sudden appearance, followed by Shining Armour's call to action. She would go after her himself, were she not ready to collapse any moment.

"I suppose... I will expect to see him again."

She turned to Tricis. A tear slid down her own face, one of relief. She wasn't sure if she would be able to live with herself if she couldn't bring her teacher back.

You would. You have become much stronger from this place than you think.

I was wondering where you had gone to.

I have been resting. That fight took much out of me as well.

Will you stay, now that it is over?

You have earned the right to call upon the strength of the dragon when need be. You have proven yourself worthy. Besides, I am eager to see more of this world of yours. Hopefully it is less dark than this place.

Jade smiled to herself, then looked back to Tricis, bowing her head.

"Would you grant me permission to stay with you until we are both recovered?" she asked. "I promise I will not be as much of a burden."

Spoiler

image.png.83ca51baea90f99faf94a0d13c58265e.png

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Jade was more than happy to put as much distance between herself and this place as possible. She bowed her head to Dynamo, and what remained of her team. "It has been an honour... to fight by such strong warriors. I hope we... may meet again some day... under more pleasant circumstances."

She blinked and tilted her head at Cumulus's sudden appearance, followed by Shining Armour's call to action. She would go after her himself, were she not ready to collapse any moment.

"I suppose... I will expect to see him again."

She turned to Tricis. A tear slid down her own face, one of relief. She wasn't sure if she would be able to live with herself if she couldn't bring her teacher back.

You would. You have become much stronger from this place than you think.

I was wondering where you had gone to.

I have been resting. That fight took much out of me as well.

Will you stay, now that it is over?

You have earned the right to call upon the strength of the dragon when need be. You have proven yourself worthy. Besides, I am eager to see more of this world of yours. Hopefully it is less dark than this place.

Jade smiled to herself, then looked back to Tricis, bowing her head.

"Would you grant me permission to stay with you until we are both recovered?" she asked. "I promise I will not be as much of a burden."

Dynamo looked over to Jade, who had bowed before him. Hearing her response caused the blue unicorn to smile and shake his head. "Please don't bow to me, Jade. If anything, then I think the honor is all mine. When I joined this team, I wasn't sure what to think. I didn't even feel like I could compete. Being together with you and the others really made me learn and value what I had. Along with discovering things about myself that I may not have realized. Just like when I fought against Selene, I was able to discover the potential that was hidden deep within myself. I have you and the others to thank for that." He would say, bowing his head towards both his captain and friend. "Thank you for considering me to be a strong warrior. I sometimes don't think I deserve to have such a title, but I still appreciate your words. It was an honor and a privilege to have a great and strong captain to lead this team. Also, are you kidding me? I know we'll see each there again. Maybe the team can all meet up every now and then to keep in touch. Maybe once you are all better, then you should stop by Ponyville. I run the arcade for other ponies and gamer's. It'll be nice to kick back and relax with the team."

• Brohoof 1

Rose didn't want to ruin the mood and left without saying goodbye to them, cause deep down, she knew the for better or for worse, she'll see them again sooner or later. She headed back to grab her sword in the rubble.It laid in the dirt with a few bangs and dents in the blade. She brushed it off and put it in her sheathe before flying off and back to her home.

• Brohoof 1

@Dynamo Pad@Literally Snails@DwhitetheGamer@Unicorncob

"Hmm well this was funj," Draco stated with a grin on his face. Life and death matches.And I'll probably be assigned a more administrative role. Mean more free time. I'll need to get replacements for my eye and leg but.. He will look to his wings. "Can't replace those. Oh well I'll make due,." he stated aloud. "Now then Copper you said you wanted to join Ancalagon's Crusaders correct?" Draco asked with a raised eyebrow.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 1:52 AM, dragon4111 said:

"Now then Copper you said you wanted to join Ancalagon's Crusaders correct?" Draco asked with a raised eyebrow.

Copper looked over at Draco and nodded to him.  He did have some fun going solo as a mercenary, but now, he thought, it would be the perfect time to join a guild and further enhance his strength.  "Yes, I do want to join your guild." he said simply.  "After seeing this whole tournament thing, I wanna push myself to greater heights."

During the entire sequence of actions before this, Copper gave a nod of respect back to Onyx, as well as watched the reunion of Jade and Tricis.  It reminded him that he needed t otalk to his parents some time soon.  He hoped they were okay, as they were getting old.