Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - October

Princess Cadance

It is with great pride that I announce that we are to host the next Art Contest here in the Crystal Empire, as it's surrogate ruler i will present to our worthy champions the trials they'll have to go through to be part of it.

they will have to pick one characteristic from each line and combine them all into a single character for their drawing, or any other form of visual art they may choose to

first comes Ocupation
Wizard / Witch / Magician

then their expression comes to question
- Mischievous / Smug

And last, but not least is their race
- Kirin / Nirik / Human(equestria Girls)

chose wisely my brave champions, for it may very well be what gives you the edge into this coming trial

And now, for some of the rules
- your entry must have a character combining all 3 traits( you can chose one of the two when seperated by slashes / )
- it can be done in any media as long as it's visual art
- it can be a new character or a pre-existing one(canon or not) you can tweek them to fit the traits
if you use bases, please state so, and link back to the artist that made them

lastly i'll leave you with a warning, know that the Crystal empire takes pride in keeping a safe enviroment both for the participants and the observers, thus our two final rules
- Art theft will not be tolerated, if you're caught submitting someone else's artwork, you will be banned from this, and all future Art contests
- As always, keep it safe, and abide by the general rules of the forum, that means not gore, or explicit stuff

You have until the end of October, so be sure to give it your best, there's plenty of time
the winner will recieve a special badge-Rank until the next winner is announced the following month

your submissions will be expected to be placed Here

I wish you best of luck in this endeavor, make your region proud

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured

Neato, the traits will work well for my idea. I always wanted to do something with HP related. 

here is my progress.

Spoiler

trixie.thumb.png.dda5b2ffba951d19e105708934cb616d.png

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 3

There's an error at the submission page, I can't submit it.  I'm going to post here, so if someone could transfer it to the submission page, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

"Trixie solemnly swear she's up to no good"

photomania-5639d29a22eafd0eed85be2c02f74d88.thumb.jpg.5b225f4d7ea34763f7d12351cd80e6e2.jpg

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 4

On 10/3/2018 at 8:22 PM, TBD said:

There's an error at the submission page, I can't submit it.  I'm going to post here, so if someone could transfer it to the submission page, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

"Trixie solemnly swear she's up to no good"

photomania-5639d29a22eafd0eed85be2c02f74d88.thumb.jpg.5b225f4d7ea34763f7d12351cd80e6e2.jpg

Absolutely stunning. Such amazing artistic direction/style!:wub:

1 hour ago, Supreme Leader Rarity said:

Absolutely stunning. Such amazing artistic direction/style!:wub:

Thanks Rarity, I appreciate your comments!:mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Trix or Treat? said:

I see kirin. I broohoof. I see Trixie i geek out. But a kirin Trixoe? Thats perfection right there

Thanks :-D! I would agree through that trixie does look more majestic as a kirin xp

// You'll know when it gets serious when I start describing my thought process in computer code
FictitiousEntity kirin = DefineEntity(ParseMedia(WatchMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("youtube", "mlpfim kirin"))));
kirin.RefineEntityDefinition(ParseMedia(LookAtMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("derpibooru", "kirin"))));
kirin.RefineEntityDefinition(ParseMedia(ReadMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("google_search", "kirin"))));
ganaram_inukshuk.AddEntityToMemory(kirin);

std::vector<MlpfimChar> mlp_characters = {
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("pinkie_pie"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("maud_pie"), 
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("king_sombra"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("sunburst"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetRandomCharacter())
};

std::vector<std::string> art_restrictions = {
  "magician",
  "smug",
  "kirin"
}

// Input art style, list of characters, number of iterations, optional theme, and optional restrictions/parameters
ganaram_inukshuk.ImagineScene("minimal_version_3", mlp_characters, 300, Themes.GetTheme("halloween"), art_restrictions);

That block of code is my thought process; now I just need to remind myself that I already submitted...

// Remind self of submission
GanaramInukshuk.MakeMentalNote("Art contest for October already submitted");

20 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

// You'll know when it gets serious when I start describing my thought process in computer code
FictitiousEntity kirin = DefineEntity(ParseMedia(WatchMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("youtube", "mlpfim kirin"))));
kirin.RefineEntityDefinition(ParseMedia(LookAtMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("derpibooru", "kirin"))));
kirin.RefineEntityDefinition(ParseMedia(ReadMedia(GetMostSignificantSearchResultFromQuery("google_search", "kirin"))));
ganaram_inukshuk.AddEntityToMemory(kirin);

std::vector<MlpfimChar> mlp_characters = {
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("pinkie_pie"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("maud_pie"), 
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("king_sombra"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetCharacter("sunburst"),
  ganaram_inukshuk.CharacterDatabase.GetRandomCharacter())
};

std::vector<std::string> art_restrictions = {
  "magician",
  "smug",
  "kirin"
}

// Input art style, list of characters, number of iterations, optional theme, and optional restrictions/parameters
ganaram_inukshuk.ImagineScene("minimal_version_3", mlp_characters, 300, Themes.GetTheme("halloween"), art_restrictions);

That block of code is my thought process; now I just need to remind myself that I already submitted...

// Remind self of submission
GanaramInukshuk.MakeMentalNote("Art contest for October already submitted");

interesting train of thought

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

for some reason i cant use the link provided... and seeing other users posting their entries here, gonna do the same.

smug kirin witch

Spoiler

s0eL1es.png

im sorry i can't background :(

On 10/29/2018 at 4:20 AM, Usager said:

for some reason i cant use the link provided... and seeing other users posting their entries here, gonna do the same.

smug kirin witch

Hide contents

s0eL1es.png

im sorry i can't background :(

your entry is actually there aswel, so the link worked

20 hours ago, Usager said:

Oh... my bad then, can't remember what appeared but it wasn't a confirmation... should have talk about it

I think it shows an error, so it's not your fault for thinking that, but it actually works

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was locked