Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else have a naturally loud voice?

Octavia Heartstrings

I wouldn't say my voice is naturally loud, but if I talk at an "above-normal" level, everyone would be able to hear me within a big sized classroom (like the building, not the population of students). But to my mother, she thinks I'm yelling, yet I barely even try. When I want to whisper and not have anyone else hear, I would have to speak in a super low tone to the point where I can't even hear what I'm trying to whisper to the person I'm whispering to.

I'm an odd person. :mlp_grin:

Edited by Tylad
  • Brohoof 2

I'm polar opposite; People have a hard time hearing me. I've tried talking louder but it has it's limit.

My brother, on the other hand, is naturally loud. His "inside" voice can be heard two rooms away :glimmer:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Volume isn't the issue with my voice. Everyone tells me my voice is exceptionally deep at times and can project farther than I intend for it to, but I'm not exactly loud. Wish I was though, at least then I wouldn't have to repeat my order at every restaurant because the server couldn't hear me, sometimes even bending over to get close to me while I'm talking :maud:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

My voice isn't naturally loud, rather I have times when I get louder without realizing it, especially if I get excited about something. One of my many autism traits I think.

Happens to me too, but more often when I'm angry... Start raising my voice without even realizing it...

Edited by ~Dusky~
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes and I also have a naturally quiet voice, and those voices tend to come out when I don’t want them to (I’ll be too quiet when I need to be loud and too loud when I need to be quiet)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

My natural speaking voice is pretty quiet but I can raise my voice to be stupidly loud, to the point that I've never actually met anyone who can shout as loudly as me. I'm confident that people streets away could hear me clearly if I shouted out my window right now.

YES, I NEVER NOTICED TILL MY EIGHTH GRADE TEACHER POINTED IT OUT AFTER I FOUND MYSELF BEING CHASTIZED FOR TALKING DURONG CLASS FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW.

But I've learned how to control my volume much better in the years since. :fluttershy:

• 2 weeks later...