Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@@Blitz Boom

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I too am always anxious to see what you'll respond, see what's going to happen next.

I'm still prepping the next segment btw, it's going to get much more involved real soon.

Hopefully.

Depends on what you keep yourself busy with.

@Illiad Easle

My task is mostly to think of new ways for Null to throw insults around, without actually swearing. Have to get creative sometimes to not get flagged for inappropriate behavior. :P Sometimes when Void interrupts her, it's actually a cop-out because I couldn't think of anything. :D

As for a response, I'll see how quickly I can get it out tomorrow. I usually write my reply to you on the breaks at work, so it tends to depend on how busy it is.

@Illiad Easle

Sorry for the late reply, but one of them long days. Still go you your daily dosage though, and this time, it's a matter of seeing whatever the doctors will keep to their guns and likely send some goons to deal with things, or if they'll spend far less effort and just repeat a name out, in which case everything will go far more smoothly. Looking forward to seeing how this will go. :)

@@Blitz Boom

I must say this is going to be an interesting next post, it may get close to GMing, but I think I can make the very reasonable assumption about your characters that since no mention to not blinking was made, that neither Null nor Void would take any precaution to not do so.

Basically I'm going to take advantage of Null looking away to have Void blink. Acceptable?

I'm writing my post like that as it makes for a better bit of drama.

Unless you disagree of course, you know that 173 doesn't need much time to do real damage.

@Illiad Easle

Yeah, I figured it was that one. And yes, they blink. Thought I also made it somewhat obvious that Void is basically watching her sister constantly, to see what will happen since she's going up against the *doctors*.  There's no eyes on the golem currently from the sisters.

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

At least until Void and potentially herself got out, back to Equestria, and reported this stinking country for the kidnapping.

Abducting a legal citizen of Equestria were an act of war, or at the very least would cause an uproar that were going tk force Troy to answer. The two countries may not be on speaking terms, but Equestria were vast and after Twilight had gotten crowned, they had expanded their amount of allies exponentially, even beyond their borders. Troy wouldn't be able to win a war against them, like the propaganda she'd been fed as a foal proclaimed, and even if they could withstand a siege for a time, were they really going to sacrifice thousands of lives and risk a deep siege invasion for two ponies?

It's a bit long and not at all relevant to the story at hand, I just love exploring hypothetical situations.

I just wanted to explore this hypothetical and give you some extra information on Troy. This is not to edit your post as clearly this is what Null thinks about Troy, and she didn't come from Troy proper, so it is feasible to have her believe something that isn't quite reality.

Abducting citizens could be an act of war, though Troy could legally prove by birth that they were Trojan citizens first, they do have the birth records after all, and it would require that Celestia first admit that Troy exists.

Causing an uproar falls in the same category, they would need to find people that know of Troy's existence, which are very few.

Allies of Equestria: From what I know of the show, yes Equestria has some allies, but they aren't very powerful in their own right and honestly are more like city states at best, and puppet states at worst, for example the Crystal Empire is effectively a puppet state of Equestria. These don't have real force to contend outside of Equestria's own military. (Exponentially is easy to acquire when previous allies is a very small number.)

Troy winning a war: I will get to that in my second book. Both nations have extremely powerful militaries, and both have masked that power extremely well. To the point that the citizens of neither country really know what their own country is capable of. It would still be a powerful standoff, but if Troy fights dirty the civilian casualties on Equestria's side would be catastrophic. For example, the anti-magic bomb. Comes from a type of anti-magic called contagious. It infects those it comes in contact with, making them immune to, and unable to cause, magic for a certain amount of time depending on the dosage of contact, ranging from an hour to decades to wear off. If we suppose that a big enough one was detonated in, say, Cloudsdale? It's show canon that the pegasus ponies use magic to fly (Null can be said to maintain this power despite her aura, thus could still stand on clouds, though said clouds would dissipate without magic holding it together) Thus under the effects of Contagious, they would fall.

However, if Troy fights cleanly then they would be able to maintain a standstill on Equestria's south border, Appaloosa falls quickly as it is so far outside of the rest of Equestria, thus the really contested towns would be Dodge Jct, and Las Pegasus, both of which have been trading with Troy despite Celestia's embargo, for years.

Troy wouldn't outright win, but Equestria surely wouldn't either.

Though really all of this is irrelevant as the government of Troy would simply deny all knowledge of said agency. It has nothing to do with Troy as a country, operates in the desert wastes outside of the cities and is known to have close ties to criminal organization. Thus a war would not happen.

@Illiad Easle

Well, I have to respectfully disagree on some things here.

First off, Equestria have some rather powerful allies, especially if used in the correct way. The changelings (Or at least the main one run by Thorax) for example, can be great for scouting out and hitting specific targets without anypony knowing. Unless the entire country of Troy is build out of anti-magic bricks, they will find their way through. Dragons are also some rather large, beefy creatures to have on your side, even if they got their magic suppressed, and with the ties to Ember currently, they'd potentially have some allies there if given some incentive.

Also, there's just Discord. He have been fooled some times, but he could literally snap his fingers and make molten metal fall on the entirety of Troy, as an example. Or just make anything they'd wish to bomb Equestria with vanish/fall over Troy instead. He's pretty much the most powerful weapon you can have on your side.

As for which country Null and Void came from, you have to factor in that 1. They have been through the process of being made legal citizens of Equestria. And 2. Even if birth papers can be procured, it doesn't mean that laws from the original country counts for them. Troy laws only works within their borders, and wandering outside those borders to abduct citizens that are no longer legal residents of Troy (or anyone for that matter) is a crime in the country they acted in, unless they specifically had permission by that country to do so. I doubt Celestia would allow that.

And in regards to a war happening, I think that outright decimating entire cities would make Equestria more than willing to retaliate in kind, which makes me revert to my previous point about Discord and molten metal from the skies. If not that, then... Well, we've seen what happens when a princess goes crazy. Murder all them innocents, and I get the feeling that they might also end up cracking, and that wouldn't spell good news for either country.

But yeah, as you said, Troy can just deny knowing about the agency, though I sincerely doubt that Celestia would believe them. I could see that for the sake of not getting into an actual war over a potentially small issue, that they could reach an agreement on Troy having to run an investigation into what they claim are a criminal entity, and Celestia giving a small warning about not letting this sort of thing happen again. Basically a toothless exercise from both parties, unless a transgression then repeats and things gets a bit more heated, as Celestia would consider this to basically mean threats to all her other citizens. Who's to say a high ranking diplomat isn't snatched up out of nowhere for example? Can't allow a rogue nation to do that.

Oh, and almost forgot, in regards to Null, I do attempt to make things set up to end as nicely as can be, but the more she is being treated like an object or some kind of tool, and the more others insult her sister, the more the likelihood is of her not only looking for an escape, but outright release something that she knows will kill everyone in the facility, and perhaps even more beyond it.

I eluded to it a little in a previous post, but trust me, Null's hoofs are not clean of blood, and this wouldn't be the first time she had been the cause of someone's life ending, as a result of the way they treated her and Void. And frankly, I thought the demand was a very reasonable one. Perhaps the doctors are better off getting knocked down a peg or two, one way or another. *cackles maniacally*

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

I really like where this is going, and I love having someone to bounce these ideas around with, you'll be the second one to hear about all that follows. (I discussed this all with Randimaxis before.)

1. Allies

a. Changelings

As you read in my posts on Oracle, Thorax is not the only friendly changeling hive, and honestly the changelings outside of potentially him would prefer neutrality given the Queens Council recommends neutrality to avoid unintentional damage to fellow changelings. Troy also has the large ally of a much older Changeling Queen Permutation, daughter of the killer queen.

b. Dragons

While I am unsure exactly how the whole Dragon-Lord thing works, Troy also has very friendly relations with dragons. Troy is also a very large trade nation, specializing in those rare goods that dragons love for their hoards.

c. Other allies

Troy is also very close with the griffon kingdoms, a race I have often seen as poorly portrayed in the show (The exception being Gabby as I am led to believe). Which I attributed in another segment to Celestia dissing on all non-pony races to boost national unity after the unification of the three pony races. But that really doesn't go here.

2. Discord

I know it isn't show canon, but brought in from A Cultural Exchange Randimaxis introduced Havoc as another draconequis, I in turn present Fury, full name Nicola "Fury" Tesla Tower Shield. (He's got a great story behind him.) In short he founded TrUST when he was still an earth pony, then Deep Science after some deeper research transformed him into one. He is devoted to causing fury, and serves as a counter to Discord. Despite being younger he is smarter.

Second, Discord only does anything when it's funny. This was very well addressed in Stardust (A very nice fanfic if you have the time) Specifically in the sequal. He thought, in summary, I could destroy all of them, completely wipe them from existence, but where would be the fun in that? What's the point? No one would be truly benefited.

Thus I believe that it would be more in character of Discord to not do anything too destructive, while ensuring things don't get too far out of hand. He's also proven fallible in the past, he can be tricked, he can be contained, he can be distracted. Likely scenario is that Fury and Discord go out to lunch and let their respective nations fight it out while eating popcorn and throwing out witty commentary. (Actually I think I'll use that when I write that part as an explanation for why they don't do anything active in the course of the war.)

3. Jurisdiction

I can accept that they formally renounced their Trojan citizenship, though simply going to another country does not eliminate criminal charges that may or may not have been placed against them. Though honestly that was a stupid argument on my part as the Trojan Legal System would not be pressing any charges against them in any case. So yes, the Grey illegally abducted Null and Void, they tend to do that, if and when questioned Troy has a long history of important and unimportant people who have been similarly abducted, generally there's one or two missing cases a week attributed to the Grey. The Grey have been around for centuries and Troy has only succeeded in making them the only criminal organization south of Dodge Jct.

4. City Decimation

That's actually a chapter I have planned (An April fools chapter don't worry, it's the same chapter as the destruction of Cloudsdale.) where Celestia does have Troy, the city, completely obliterated via massive sun laser. The fallout on both sides causes both nations to fall apart, all reverting to tribes and city states as a new civilization struggles to stand from their ruins.

5. Denial and Investigation

This is the scenario that would be the most likely, but also an event that near future happenings may make impossible. No spoilers.

6. Null

I have high expectations for what comes next, but I will recommend that you deal with 173 first, or I'll have to introduce the second key character just a bit early, as well as a story element. (You've already met the first)

Conclusion

I am highly pleased for your aid in making my world, not so much a better but more of a better thought out, place. I await with great anticipation your next post so that we may continue what is quickly becoming another great adventure.

(Also Null can't even prove that she's in Troy, thus Troy could dismiss the accusation as having occurred even outside of it's jurisdiction. And if they escape the same way they came and end up back in Equestria, they'd have to find the facility again to prove any connection to Troy.)

Sorry about that final thought, this is one of, if not the, longest posts I've done.

@Illiad Easle

Gonna be quick about these, since I have lots of other writing to do today as well. :P So speed round through your points.

a. Even if Troy have changeling allies of their own, it does not mean that the hive of said changeling can be everywhere, so Thorax's ilk can still be useful in dealing with problems. It just means they'll get caught faster, and will be made to regret it. Though if we're going by head canons, I recently had the slaver queen I mention in another thread convert, and start some talk with Thorax. She could be useful in dealing with things her own way. Though really, she only have 1 drone currently, and would be more interested in talking with your queen, rather than duke it out. They're both known in their respective countries (Onache isn't from Equestria, so not that one for her) and at least Onache would be unlikely to ask for a fight, but rather for a standstill and see if they could find some agreement. Onache can offer some slaves if it is, if she's given a little time to work with. :P

b.  Fair enough on the dragons, though considering how much closer they are to the Equestrian princesses location-wise, at least Dragon Island would be possible to lure on Celestia's side, in exchange for a better deal.

c. Muddled waters on this one, but eh, I was just saying they had more allies since Twilight went around and started dishing out olive branches. The extend to which those bonds have fgone is as of yet unknown.

2. Discord may well not do anything murderous, but you can mess with the entirety of a country too and still make a war be lost. Like turning all the weapons into creme cheese or something. And as for not getting involved, you mentioned potential attacks on Equestria. if anything got close enough to Fluttershy, he'd go and retaliate. You don't mess with the yellow one when he's around. :p

But yeah, he's likely to have more of a standstill with another one I suppose, so that none of them interferes majorly, but just sit on the sideline and enjoys the show.

Also, who doesn't have a draconequus to work with these days? I have one too, and that one would side with Equestria in a heartbeat, but could be easily convinced to switch sides if she's given a fun reason. Quick outline of her story is that she's pretty ancient, and were born after a massive forest fire in ancient times ravaged through the continent she sprouted from. She were known as the spirit of destruction, and were a violent, psychotic being who were hellbent on decimating everything and everyone that she encountered, and replace them with vast scores of forests and animals of her own design. The other draconequui had to kill her in the end to stop her from ruining everywhere, including their own playgrounds, and around 700 years ago a cult tried to resurrect her. Too long dead sadly meant that her memories were all gone, and before they could indoctrinate her, a seer stole her away, took her to a barren island in the middle of nowhere, and raised her to be more of a creator than a destroyer. She's usually pretty harmless and just looks for fun these days, though in hectic situations or if she gets surprised, her instincts reacts like her old self, and things potentially ends badly for whatever her focus ends up on. She's also rather gullible, and can be cheated into doing bad things.

Likely never to come into play, and again, this leaves out some details like what the seer needed her for, etc. but just going along with my point. Anyway, bottom line: No draconequui would likely interfere in the war, long as no one touched their closest allies.

3. Yeah, hard to press charges against somepony who ran when they were 6. :P As for the Grey, good scapegoats, though I think you're hiding exactly how much they have influence in the legal system. Something tells me that them being the only criminal organisation around, may have something to do with eliminating the competition, more than them just being lucky to not be cornered. I don't know, just thinking you have tricks up your sleeve.

4. Sounds a bit like the Injustice comics. :) Cool.

5. Whelp, might as well start carving out some tombstones then, just to be on the safe side :P

6.I kinda need a clarification here. You put 173 as being hardened clay, whereas the original SCP is concrete. Just wondering then if that means that as the statue is clay, if it is not technically breakable? You know, like a giant vase, and if so, is anything inside it that could come spilling out, like a flock of locusts or something? I have an aggressive, overprotective sister that may feel punchy. :P

There we go, done. ^^

Few footnotes though.

1. I am likely to keep this at a response a day. It leaves me with time for other things, as well as dealing with my own thread, just so you know. :)

2. I figure that Null and Void doesn't even know how they got through the portal in the first place, so they'd have to escape out of a door or something, unless you're planning for the actual new government (Newly elected Illiad, hint hint) to eventually come in and try to assault the facility, as it is believed to be a headquarter for the Grey, at which point I have no idea how things would evolve.

I kinda doubt Illiad knows of Deep Science at least, considering what else you have said of Troy and the Grey in general thus far. Seems like they'd easily have a deal going with the previous leader, as far as I remember, you described him as being a pretty rotten apple in the one fanfic I have read (Mainly because Ziggy was in it. I don't usually read fanfic), but Illiad might not be in their pockets, and he seems like a smart kid. He gets a lead, he might chose not to ignore it, though of course, Deep Science would likely get advanced notice from contacts in the army, or the high officials of some kind.

I don't know, just something that popped into my head as I started to write. :)

@@Blitz Boom

I really appreciate your well thought out post, I'm okay with you posting once a day, just don't forget to post in the actual thread.

a. They may not be able to be everywhere in the world per se, but I have established in my own canon that they have spread as far north as the Blackwater Quarry, all with their own identities, thus they would also play the spy unless Equestria does a search for changelings, in the which they would discover hundreds not even related to Permutation from the other, non affiliated, queens.

Thorax on the other hand would have to introduce changelings to Troy in order to spy them out, and given a good changeling scout can spot another changeling fairly easily, it would be hard for them to establish much of a foothold in Troy.

Especially when one of the key generals of Troy is a changeling himself. General High Tower revealed himself a changeling in A Cultural Exchange Part 2.

b. I'm sure dragons would play a part on both sides, so as to be evenly matched.

c. The extent of Equestria's allies is also something of a mystery to me, which is why I usually remind others of my canon's separation from show canon after season 4. I still take elements as I can, such as Thorax, but I don't have to follow exactly. Which is why I simplified the war story to the allies that could actually participate in a war. Troy, The Griffons, and The Deer on one side, and Equestria, the Crystal Empire, and the Reindeer on the other side. As the war starts out as Deer v Reindeer calling in their allies, it discourages any other parties from joining in and limits fighting on the Equestrian continent. Any other allies either side may have can be simplified to playing a support role, resources and the like, and not an active military role.

I appreciate your use of the correct plural.

I had planned in my war that a condition would be that key elementals, (Elements of Harmony and the Order of Balance) would be neutral to the conflict and thus protected. An attack on either, intentional or otherwise, would be a war crime and bring the might of the Equis Global Council against the country to do so. Said council overrules allies, thus if Troy attacked the elements, even the griffons would be compelled to turn against them.

Thus they (The draconequui) would have a very nice movie party together.

3. Exactly what I had in mind, the Grey are almost as old as Troy, and older than modern Troy. And have by their own means eliminated all the rival gangs, really they've brought quite a bit of peace to the country and are usually not at all aggressive towards the city or national guard. Which is why Trojan leadership are not too preocupied with getting them stopped, they have, usually, limited their targets to the corrupt individuals that the law couldn't touch.

4. Thank you, it has been very fun to think up.

5. Might want to make a few, but don't worry about dying, they'll get out eventually, someone has a plan.

6. I used hardened clay as cement is not a typical golom material, plus it allows the sculpture to change its shape, mobility and such, without needing carved joints like other goloms you may or may not encounter. Plus it isn't hollow, and while the clay is hardened, it isn't baked. Thus you won't shatter it too easily, but you could eliminate mass and make a few large dents.

Other notes, 1 was responded up top.

a. Escape

They'll certainly have a run in with Trojan Military, but they won't be seeing Consul Easle any time soon, given I've set this before the war, but likely after the election, this could be Consul Hooves. Nonetheless, you won't be meeting him.

b. What Illiad Knows

Illiad, if you've picked it up, is the balance of Good and Evil, and thus is the embodiment of the spirit of vengeance, like Luna and Midnight Star before him. He, upon becoming Vice-Consul, is well aware of the Grey, their leader, and has their respect. He is the only one who knows him as the spirit of Vengeance, and takes calls from him n those that need to be eliminated, Illiad had Erasmus Blackwater eliminated via the Grey. Illiad also knows Deep Science as the leader of said group is the balance of Wisdom and Strength.

Illiad knows that the world needs balance, the Grey against Troy, Deep Science against fanaticism.

It's complicated really

@Illiad Easle

Well, as said, I don't read too much fanfic, so the main points about what Illiad have and have not done is above my payroll. I was just going by what I remembered, but hey, now I know a little more. :)

Still finding it funny how many OC's of mine your appearance in the Quarry thread actually inspired. First came the seer I spoke about earlier, called Zhu, which are an agent of balance in Equestria, though not an element. Think of him more as a useful servant, that struck a deal that would save Celestia's life, in exchange for him to devote his extended life and future sight to maintaining balance of good and evil, no matter the cost. He have yet to kill anyone, but that is more or less the only line to have not been crossed.

Then came Null and Void, who have been pretty interesting in other threads, and now are here in their worst situation to date, and may potentially mess with the balance in Troy out of sheer vengeance and pettiness. Fun times. ^^

Anomaly - my draconequus - were next, as I needed some explanation for another thing I had added, and Zhu having played part in resurrecting her and then stealing her away to be brought up better and useful to his cause, fitted in the puzzle at the time.

I have to admit, it's fun to learn more and potentially use that beyond this thread too, if the situation arises where more is asked elsewhere. ^^ Although I will point out that Illiad is a hypocrite if he knows about Deep Science, all they snatch up and torment/torture/imprison/kill, but then as Vengeance doesn't actually avenge any of the ones that're dragged in. Even if the leader of Deep Science is seen as some kind of necessary evil, the organisation still deserves quite a substantial amount of vengeance to fall upon it, at least in the case of them taking away those who doesn't not deserve it. Illiad looking away makes him a hypocrite, but really, everyone needs some kind of character flaw. :)

Also, question: What plural were you referring to earlier, in point 2? Not entirely sure.

@@Blitz Boom

Glad to hear that I helped you out on your journey.

Vengeance and Deep Science. Truly Deep Science and the Grey are necessary evils as you say, but Illiad and the spirit of vengeance still do play a part in those things that actually deserve vengeance. To know, most of what enters Deep science is a result of vengeance, to say their punishment. But in rare cases there are those taken and mistreated by mistake, or a vendetta by some specific scientist, and not the organization as a whole, who, by its leader, strive to remain in balance. But who's to say a tragic accident won't befall the one responsible? Sometimes vengeance takes a bit before it cashes you out on your karma.

Okay, so I have a decision to make here as to where your story will go, and I'll tell you frankly the options and your decision.

Well, I was going to do that, then decided that the story would be best as I originally planned it. I'll give you the option later to undo many of the effects it causes don't worry, yet.

Just waiting on your RP post to get things moving too the big point.

@Illiad Easle

There, got your response up. Accept this sacrifice, oh mighty evil. :D

Seriously though, I know it doesn't push things too much and doesn't provide a ton, but I figure the ones keeping the place going are ready to do something already, and that the only option would be to keep them activated, yet more or less where they were.

Apologies to your NPC. I'm sure Null would apologize if she were real. :P

@Illiad Easle

I'm pretty sure that calling someone out as being a lesser creature with a mental issue is considered some kind of insult to bat ponies. :) In any case, just felt like writing it, and you're right, Null generally doesn't apologize. It's a sign of weakness in her eyes, and she rarely think she have any reason to show that when she needs to keep Void safe.

@Illiad Easle

I'm not blind to you making an obvious option to take a stab at things, but I still have to adhere to how my characters would react, and with Void being the way she were at the time, Null wouldn't try anything. Her sole purpose is to make sure that Void is okay after all. Perhaps another time. :)

@Illiad Easle

Set the scene as best I could. Now it's just to wait for the first opening to use their advantage, and then hope for the best.

Also, the mention of Center Zero is a town of some of Equestria's greatest scientists and inventors in my headcanon, that're loyal to Princess Celestia. Especially the inventors, who through generations - even before the town were build - have presented the princess with their latest and greatest, in hopes of it being useful in her eyes. I mainly added this to get some filler in, as it will likely have no impact on the story at all, but were mainly to provide some perspective for Void.