Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

• 3 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Hey, sorry for not responding to things for some days mate. Christmas time, family things, and travel have gotten me dragged around all over. I'll hopefully be able to respond tomorrow, if things don't get too crazy, but won't be back to my usual schedule and calm before January 2. Sorry again for the inactivity, and I hope you had an amazing christmas. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

Alright, before this gets too much further I'd like to get your input on a few things, plot points I have in mind for the future and end of this story.

Basically I want it to all come down to this: after Void closes the valve on 008 Panic will direct her to bring a certain object to him, the Silver Tower, an automaton presently controled by a soul gem, when she brings it to him his true nature is revealed.

I also want the true nature of Codex to be revealed too, but I need either Null or Void present to see it, I think the timing would be best if Null and Pen are just getting back to Codex when Void brings the Silver Tower to Panic.

Then the game enters its final phase, escape the facility before Panic destroys it.

So, what I need help with is Panic convincing Void to help him, what could he do to get her to bring the Silver Tower to him?

@Illiad Easle

Just quickly gonna say that according to your instructions, it reads as if the right way were separate from any of the other two routes, and therefore I approach it as such. Minor communication breakdown there it seems, but rolling with what you wrote.

Also, try to keep the OOC talk in..: Well, the OOC. Moderators have been after me on my thread in the past when they saw that clutter, and they might have a pop at this too if they see it. Better safe than sorry, right? :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sorry about that, you guessed right, and I'll try to have further ooc here in the future.

Void's really getting dark, it looks like the two of them are getting swapped, They're both breaking, Null's becoming a nervous wreck, while Void's dying inside.

I love it.

@Illiad Easle

Huh, weird, I wrote something here yesterday... Eh, trying to recreate it then.

Basics of it were that Null and Void aren't meant to function apart. Void is the kind heart of the two, but she is scared, nervous, and have a hard time seeing them succeed in a dire situation. Her sister helps keeping her up and keep pushing on, so without her, Void is losing hope.

Null on the other hand, is the brawn and driving force, but she needs to have Void there to both keep her in check, and to give her something to keep her mind of her own broken psyche. Without Void, she's getting more and more irritated, scared, and closer to welcoming the sweet embrace of death. In a sense, even if she won't admit it, she tries to work with Pen not just to get Void back, but also because her suspicions and paranoia about the skin suit gives her something to keep the bad thoughts away for a little longer.

If it all came down to it, Void could survive without Null. It would be hard at first, but long as she had someone else, she could move on, and have a life of her own. If Null were the only one left of them, it wouldn't even be 24 hours after that before her entire mind comes crashing down on her at once, and she throws herself off a cliff. With everything that have happened through her life, and how she had to bottle everything up to try and care for and raise Void, she is broken in ways that will inevitably destroy her. And honestly? I'm not sure if she ever can get mended, or if her untimely death is more or less sealed.

...That got a little darker than I had intended. Guess that's how it goes sometimes. Trying to address it in my own threat by having a highly technological pony work on a metal wing replacement for her missing one, to try and bring some light into her life again, but that's there, this is... Ending with her getting eaten or something. I don't trust your GM ways enough to rule that out. :D

@Blitz Boom

She'll only get eaten if 990 can't stop her from getting eaten, like some memetic effect breaking his hold on her. (For instance if either of them is wearing the jade ring he wouldn't be able to overcome their extreme magical resistance anymore, thus they'd be fully vulnerable to the facility.)

Two things,

One, it's been so long in this rp that I've lost track of who has what items. I'm pretty sure that one of them has the special horseshoe. Was it Null?

Anyway, for the scene I'm posting, if Void has the shoe then she can use it on the scanner, if she doesn't she'll find one by looking through the wreckage of the elevator.

Second thing,

An idea I had a bit ago was that Null and Void could learn to control their ability to a certain extent, not here in the facility of course, but once (if) they leave. That way, through practice, they could extend and reduce the range, and get to the point eventually where they could turn it off (I'm thinking years of practice, like 20 or more). I'm thinking that it would be hard in the beginning, they're sure they can't do anything about it right? Well if they were able to realize that the abilty can in fact be controlled (Null could realize that her flying was in fact her controlling this ability to allow magic to let her fly) would be something that could change their entire perspective on what they now consider a curse into a blessing and real asset.

anyway, just an idea. My post will be up soon enough.

@Illiad Easle

My apologies for the slow response here, and none in the real one for a few days. Been feeling a little under the weather recently, and having enough of a hard time focusing on my own thread. I'm trying to see if I can get everything done, since my head is starting to work a bit better again, but it might first be tomorrow. Sorry. :(

As for what you wrote, I checked, and Void took the horseshoe with her. Likely caught on her necktie and she forgot all about it. I'll make use of it in the next post. Null were faced with the option of a horseshoe, but it were in the room with the ones who chased after sound, and talked like their previous victims/random folks, but she left it, as to not make any noise that would cause them to chase after her.

As for the idea, I'm reluctant to agree on it. A big part of what makes Null and Void into what they are, is that they cannot turn off this power. It can be a blessing when retrieving magical items, or needing to break through barriers/protect themselves from magical attacks, but also a curse, as in it making them, pariah's around anyone who uses magic. It is how things are balanced out, and just imagine if they could control it. In a world where magic is highly prevalent, it would be akin to just all of a sudden making super heroes. Just you know, easier to stab.

I might be able to agree on them being able to affect the range somehow though, to a point where they literally have to touch something for their aura to work, or have it increase to a range that would make them able to work kind of like small scale magical shields. Turning it off however, should not be an option, and manipulating it sounds... Strange.

However, I Will be willing to entertain the idea of manipulating it to some degree into a force that can be used, if there are some mechanical basis for it. Say... Off the top of my head, that something happens where Null somehow agreed to/were forced to, go through some robotic experiment. A metallic horn or something of the like could be installed then, and long term, could allow for her anti-magic to be used somewhat like a unicorn's/alicorn's regular magic. The same would of course be the case for Void, but it might be easier to work with Null in this hypothetical, as she's also a wing down, and are more fragile. A lot of things could happen to a mare, and when magic weren't an option to patch one up good or help staunch wounds... Well, a lot can happen.

Oh, and regarding the flying, Null were never able to do the regular kind of pegasus magic, with manipulating or standing on clouds. Only fly. I consider the flying to be more of a natural thing than magical, and then the magic being in regards to interactions with the weather and such. Not sure how that would work in Earth Ponies though. Might have to think of that at some point, to add something else that Void is missing.

@Blitz Boom

Alright, I agree. In a way it is like Illiad's empathic abilities, while he may at times want to be rid of them, and can dampen them to a great extent at times, he cannot stop it either. Looking at it that way I can see your point.

If it pleases you then, adjusting their own ability will be a point in the future, provided you want the story to continue in their adventure once they get out of the facility, which should be very interesting.

As to the nature of Flight and what Void is missing, I can further see your idea. Null could never affect her own ability enough to let her touch a cloud, but her shear desire to fly was enough to let her achieve it despite the magical dampening. In Void's case, Earth pony magic was always more subtle, given she never settled down to grow crops she wouldn't notice that she lacked the innate magic to help them grow, to know how to cultivate it. She would also lack the magically enhanced constitution, thus she would be weaker physically than another of similar size.

Or something like that.

@Illiad Easle

I see no real reason to stop after the facility. We had several ideas for what to do in the outside setting discussed before, so might as well roll with it, and see where it takes us. :) 

Regarding Null... I'm still saying that flight is just instinct and training, and doesn't need magic, so it wouldn't affect her. The point of it being an instinctual thing to want to fly and flap around, is also one of the reasons why it's hard for her to just have one wing in my head. It makes her feel incomplete, which weren't helped with all the other things just piled up on her.

As for Void, makes perfect sense. Gonna add it as a trait of hers that she couldn't cultivate a cactus without it somehow going horribly wrong. Seems like a fun, weird quirk that could come up now and again under calmer circumstances.

As for the physical side of things, I think that if she just lazied up, that'd be the case, but she have spent her life running, moving heavy things, and carrying quite a heavy bunch of cursed items with her. She have gotten some good muscle training, along with Null. Still of course, if she had that earth pony magic trait, she'd be proper build like a brick house, so... Gonna use this as an excuse for why she's not looking more muscular. :P I already have one muscly pony OC, no need for another.

Oh, and for the record, I know that Panic is referring to a certain skin suit with a dark inside, and no, it's not making me any less nervous about what you're suddenly going to do. First rule of any RP after all: Never trust the DM, and you're an inventive sort. Makes me think you could end up doing all sorts of bad things, for little more reason than because it was fun. :)

@Blitz Boom

Awesome, ya'll're going to love the new Equis waiting outside the facility.

Regarding Flying, I've always considered that they needed magic to achieve flight, but perhaps we compromise and say, that while most pegasi rely on magic to fly, it is not ultimately necessary to achieve it, thus Null could do it without it's assistance through pure determination. Thus, similar to Void, she wouldn't achieve the same levels as a normal pegasus, but she'd still be able to keep up with training.

For the other record...

I'll let you decide if I was about to confirm or deny your assertion.

@Illiad Easle

Wondering, what sort of things is it that's in the room with what I assume are some sort of magic repressant spray? Since if their weapons are there, I might be able to tone down Void's downward spiral a little, as there would be skme comfort in that.

Her weapon were a nagitana that could be separated into 3 pieces, and it made whoever held it to essentially go into a berserker rage, along with the blade causing a kind of decaying effect on what surfaces it hit. Both repressed when Null holds it of course,  but it can be thrown to work from out her range, if there's a need to go through a wall. Doesn't work on anything stronger than concrete though.

Null's weapon were a blowdart set with the darts as effective as the ones we've already used, and the blowdar pipe itself stealing ten years from the handler per use normally.

If they are or aren't there, what other things might be? Wanna make sure what limits I have here, as most of the things could be used as weapons in some way,  and might again if the dust gets off them? Some details required in the OOC so I don't mess up. :)

Oh, and the small note of the response hurting you. Did I mess something up? Was pretty tired when I finally were able to get it written, so I wouldn't be surprised, and I can correct it if need be.

P.S. Did not expect SCP-66. This is gonna end up being a special, weird little time. :D

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sorry for the delay, I read your post between waking up and falling asleep this morning, and forgot about it when I got up again half an hour later.

The anti-magic dusted room contains whatever they were keeping at their house that the scientists hadn't had time to properly catalog yet. So the benign things at this point. I'll allow the darts, but the sword was definitely cataloged, and stored at a very different facility right before the incident.

Mostly the point of the room is so Void realizes that Ponyville wasn't harmed by their absence. (It was obliterated by a completely unrelated incident.)

If the item had a charge, it's long drained and would need recharging. AM-Inert is especially good at undoing curses, at the cost of draining all magic from the affected.

If the item was simply anomolous in some magical way, it will recover once the dust is cleared off of it, though for most things it is very difficult, the dust was deployed as a fail safe after all.

When I said it hurt me, I meant that I felt guilty for springing it on her, I felt bad for her. You did, and are still doing, great work with your posts.

@Illiad Easle

Ah, like that. So low rung things with effects that are not purely curse magic,but more just something that can be repressed in a similar fashion, yet is by nature something strange. I'll see if I can figure something out there, though we'll see what strikes me as we get to the post. :)

And gotcha on the hurting. Didn't think it'd strike at ya, since it seemed like you wanted to actively crush her spirit. Guess I was wrong. :)

@Blitz Boom

Hey now, the spirit crushing is wholly the effect of realism, feeding in to the world you inspired in me. 

The other half will be much more positive I assure you, I actually love your characters and consider them a very worthy addition to the Trojan Canon.

I look forward to your post!

@Illiad Easle

The positivity depends on Null and Void to some degree though. Remember, they despise Troy, and being told that it is essentially the only civilized place they could reach on a trip that hadn't chased them out already, would make things complicated, depending on how things goes. We'll see though. Liking what I see so far, and constantly curious as to what is to come. :)

As for the post, got a tiny bit out of hand, but seemed like Void needed to get a lot of text on this one, so... There ya go. Hope the items fly by too. I figure the blowpipe and dart only works as that now, along with the dice and bamboo stick, as there's no more curses running in them, though the 8 ball would still be *alive* so to speak. Your opinion on that?

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

So, I had this idea that I think would be pretty cool as an alternate ending, and it would split off right about where we are right now.

In the ending we have planned and what we will do first given it will end pretty quickly after they leave the facility, is the universe where Illiad beat Discord, they go to the new Troy.

In the alternate ending, Illiad didn't beat Discord, so when they leave the facility they get attacked by Discord's minions and then get picked up by a scout vessel for the Æther Project, and then they can have adventures up there.

I would love to pursue that alternate ending when we finish our planned ending if you are so inclined.

@Illiad Easle

Hmm... I don't know. Being a sky pirate sounds kinda cool, but the alternative sounded pretty interesting too...

Tell you what, I'll let things play out as they do, and then you decide what path to take. I'll just roll with it. :)

Speaking of rolling with things (and also, sorry for missing the post until now. Forgot to check) there's a question I have about the current post you put down.

That being that during the process with Panic, you sorta missed out on an potential outcome: That being that as he were getting control over Silver (And yes, I am well aware of who she used to be at this point) and speaking about how Void weren't useful anymore, what then happens if she attacks him before he leaves?

Don't get me wrong, she ain't usually an aggressive sort, but she is under a lot of pressure, and have now been told that she wasted her time, that everything they did for 900 were a lie, and that Silver - whom she believes to be alive to some degree - have been overtaken after she made the robot free the entity who did that. She'd have a mixture of grief and a panic attack, akin to what happened to the golem. You know, the whole *furiously kicking at whatever causes her distress with her strong legs* thing. What then might his reaction be? Would her effect work on him? Would he move out of the way? Retaliate and break her false leg perhaps? Or is he simply so fast that she wouldn't have the chance to touch him, even when he were monologuing and she stood in the way of the exit?

I have to ask since there is only two ways she will react to this: Either blindly attack him, or chase after him. Both with tears streaming down her face over what had happened to poor Silver.

I know there was the nightmarish face, but that would only stun her for a bit, so if you'd please tell me of potential reactions to an attack, or her being pushed aside or something, I can include that when getting the post underway. :)

@Blitz Boom

I actually thought about that after I posted.

Panic is very fast, so if Void tried to attack him he would simply leap over her to get to the exit. The doors they came through are bigger than the other doors, so she can't exactly block the way. 

Panic is fully mechanical, no magic in his being. Silver was magical, driven by the gem that panic removed. It would be drained by Void, but easily recovered if magically charged.

As a hint, having the gem would make a certain later encounter much easier for them. 

Further, if panic wasn't in the control room, what is? 

@Illiad Easle

Alright, I have something to work with here, and the control room have given me an idea. Please excuse me if what I do seem kinda like taking control, and if it goes too far, just lemme know. :)

And worry not, I had plans to take the gem. Hopefully something good can come from it eventually, though if the gems is suppressed or drained will end up being up to you. Regular magic is drained, but curse and highly unusual stuff are just suppressed, which means that you'll have to chose in the long run. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

So you're aware, given how Pen's species operates when they are torn apart each piece retains part of the memories of the former whole if sufficiently large. Thus the shreds that were big enough are still of Pen's type, though not big enough to do much yet.

Null's anti-magic protects her from "the curse of the skinwalker" so her skin isn't going to fall off once this is over, but the shreds that now have her hoof encased will slowly grow as they eat her dead skin.

Really they give her a better benefit than anyone else as when they leave she will be 100% exfoliated.

Not that she'd recognize the benefit right now.