Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

I cannot say if I am planning anything with this mentioned queen at all, since it were just something I took out from the top of my head, but eh, it might be brought up later. Just felt right as a sort of filler at the time. :)

Sounds well written, I had never thought to put a name on the queen of the Las Pegasus hive, so I think that'll work fine.

I don't know if she'd have survived the attack, but we could definitely have some of her changelings there when Null arrives.

@Blitz Boom

There's not much I can add to either scene given how well you fleshed them both out. I suppose we could do a scene at their parent's house, but other than that there's not much on my end until Null leaves for New Pegas.

@Illiad Easle

I think we've set up things well enough with the general too, to have that whole story in the backhand for some later point. everything's set up and prepared in case we need it, or get bored and want a side adventure at the same time as other things goes on as well. :)

As for Null and Void, we can skip ahead if you like, and I can just cover a section of *this happened the night before* without much of an issue. We should start moving towards New Las Pegasus sooner or later, so a minor skip like this seems fine. :)

And regarding Cheshire and her hive, as written, there are currently three of hers still in the remade town, doing what they can to keep up the spirits of the folks, just like she would've wanted them to do. I haven't put a name on them, so if you want to control one or two, go ahead and have fun. ^_^ Only thing set in is that they get their love from joy, and that they're performers, so a ton of wriggle room to work with.

I also do not know if Cheshire survived. I think that for time being, I'm staying undecided, and we'll see how things move along. Might be I'd eventually find the setting to just beg for a changeling in disguise, or a body of one to lay around for some reason, and I'll have something i the backhand. One of... Several things I'm having to play with at a given time. *evil laughter*

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sounds good, I'll set up the departure scene so you can write out their last night together and we can begin the journey.

I'll keep the changelings in mind, perhaps they could take the place of The Kings in New Vegas, Cheshire having set up a school of performance after becoming public that the remnants of her hive continue to inhabit?

Let me know if you see a scene that warrants a changeling cameo, but something you should know about changelings is they don't leave bodies when they die (How else did they go undiscovered for so long?) when they die their natural magic stops, allowing the fire to consume them, so when a changeling dies all that's left is a pile of ash. Changeling tradition dictates collecting the ashes for use in memorial rites.

@Illiad Easle

Unless said carcasses were nullified, in which case no inner fire could destroy the body, surely. Unless you are implying that soon as they get nullified, they burn alive, which is daaark.

I like the idea of the hive taking residence in that school you mention. Sounds like it'd be exactly what would draw them in after everything that's happened, and would be a good place to try and teach others the performing arts, so that New Las Pegasus can keep growing its theater etc. scenes.

The school could also have been seen as a good thing back in the days, as a way to make sure folks knew where the hive were, and could keep them under surveillance, which Cheshire would agree with, as a way to try and play ball with the public as best she could. After all, the more scrutiny she'd allow herself to be under, the more they'd find nothing were wrong, and as such, the public perception would be better. It would just make it seem suspicious if she refused to be chained down, and that would defeat the whole purpose of going public for her small hive.

@Blitz Boom

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Unless you are implying that soon as they get nullified, they burn alive, which is daaark.

Given we've shown the sister's power does not disrupt inner magic, as it still allows pegasi to fly in her vicinity, it won't break the inner magic that keeps changelings from combusting despite the fact that it disrupts their external disguise, so the sisters wouldn't burn them by coming to close if that's what you're after. It's the magic that prevents their burning after all.

On the other side, antimagic is very harmful to changelings for that exact reason, if they get contaminated with it they will burn alive, which does add a bit to the terrible nature of the anti-magic bombs.

On that note, the only way to preserve a changeling body would be to submerge it in gel before or right after they die, or maintain the inner magic somehow. As such this is very rare.

23 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

It would just make it seem suspicious if she refused to be chained down, and that would defeat the whole purpose of going public for her small hive.

I agree that that is a reasonable action on her part, especially if her hive is on the small end.

I'll get the transition post up shortly, do keep in mind that we do still have the full alternate ending to the facility to explore if we ever tire of this side, the ending where they go to the Æther instead of Troy.

@Illiad Easle

I'll keep the part about the burning alive then. Dark stuff, though I wasn't talking about the sisters. I were referring to the contaminant that have infected others that you brought up early in the RP. It were likely from the bombs, like radiation poisoning more or less.

As for the reason for a small hive, the way I see it, the bigger a hive, the more they need to feed, hence why they have to turn to brute methods to even have a chance at feeding themselves. Cheshire would know that, and as such, keep her hive small so that they wouldn't have to do anything drastic, and could do by infiltrating various shows, doing street performances in disguise, and that sort of thing. It would be easier to blend in and take what they needed without anyone vanishing, rather than the way Chrysalis did for example, which puts an inevitable spotlight on you. And a bad one at that.

She'd have the chance for expanding her hive once she got accepted of course, but that would take time, and then there were this here darn war happening... Sad days indeed. :/

I may have some idea on how to implement some story, but we'll see how it goes. Depends on where the story goes from New Las Pegasus, of which I actually do have an idea, if you do not. It involves going out and scour the former kingdom of Equestria, and seeing a few varied places, such as the one I have in mind, and the Quarry. I'm sure you'd like to show that one off too, yes? :)

As for the alternative story, we could do that too some day, if we get bored. Or have it in a separate thread if that's to your liking. Depends on you really, so mull over it for however long you need, and then see where the mind goes. :)

@Blitz Boom

I can't tell if it's you misunderstanding the purpose of Mercy and Vengeance, or just Null. But in case I didn't explain it well enough before here's a basic rundown of how it works:

A follower of Vengeance, like Null, has purview over those who owe a karmic debt or those whose trails are red or black. It is up to her how they are to be made to repay their debts. (In some cases death would be insufficient a punishment.)

A follower of Mercy, like potentially Void, has purview over those who are owed a karmic debt or those whose trails are blue or white. It is up to her how their debt is repaid. (I suppose now that I think about it a mercy killing could be one of those recompenses, but Mercy also has very powerful healing abilities so a killing would only be warranted when the one receiving it earnestly desires it.)

As is I think Null's concerns are valid given her level of understanding, I just wanted to make sure you understood what it meant in case I wasn't clear.

Also, planning ahead, was thinking of bringing up a potential romantic interest for Null. If you're on board with that, what sort of personality do you think she would like best? Any specific attributes they should have? (Race/Gender/height/age) I was thinking someone with dwarfism so they'd be about her size, but I'll only put them in if you're okay with it.

@Illiad Easle

I roughly get what the point of Mercy and Vengeance is, but Null is a paranoid character as well as an overprotective older sister. She will look at something that looks nice, and figure out if there is some way it might hurt her little sister. As she have done mercy killings before (and are scarred mentally from it, as I think it adds some layers and shows she isn't an emotionless, violent psychopath) she associates the term with this as well, and as that is one thing she have done hers to shield her sister from, it terrifies her that Void might have to do something like that eventually.

As for her own job, for the time being, she's trying to get the facts straight before judging the thestral. Might be there's some redeeming circumstances to this whole thing, and afterwards, she have to find out his punishment. Currently thinking to have him sent to Troy to work his debt off by having to help others. Depends on whatever or not vampire thestrals can handle light. The lore and stuff is all over the place when I see them taken up.

Regarding a potential romantic partner, there's a few things.

First off, he doesn't have to be hit with dwarfism himself. It would be a bonus, since he'd understand her situation more than most, but it isn't required. Most important is that he doesn't treat her like a foal, or look on her like she's some sort of weak cripple. She hates being perceived as weak, though it could work if he sees her like that at first, then they get into a tussle, and he shows that he respects her proving him wrong.

Age, height, that sorta thing isn't all that important. An equine of some sort likely, so she could see some degree of future for them if it came down to it (opens you up for anything from the three classics, to thestrals and zebras. Changelings too really, as their DNA are rather malleable). I am not saying that the odds are great with say, zebras or thestrals, but way I see it, they're close enough in species for crossbreeding to be possible. It just takes more effort and time for it to work properly.

...I may be biased as I have a few cross breed OC's, but still, I'd debate the merit in this sort of thing.

Let's see, personality... Never thought much on this, but I think Null would do best with a counter anchor. Back when she were really bad, the only thing keeping her somewhat in check were Void's kindness, functioning as the weight on the other end of the scale. With Void gone, and Nine not exactly being above pushing her towards violence (guess combined with current experience) she could potentially do well with one with a lot of heart. Doesn't mean it have to be someone who only shows kindness and tries to make the world smile, since she's gotten better in recent weeks, but you know, one with a lot of compassion in the things he does.

Also, Null respects honesty. Doesn't mean she always likes it, but someone who's willing to call her out on her idiocy at times, and tries to reel her in, is someone she'd do well with.

So I guess the short of it all would be a compassionate, honest-when-needs-to equine male, that doesn't treat her like she's worth less than others. I'd say it's fine if he jokes around with things at times though, if that's your style. :)

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Would've been nice if this had been an ancestor of theirs that they could look up to

That could be arranged, it would mean that further they're related to Hercules (The one now holding the gate closed with Foe Hammer) as he's his only son. I could accept that Hercules had a foal with one of the Grey Mares and thus is a distant grandparent of Null and Void.

No idea how that could be revealed especially considering the Black Knight doesn't even yet know he had a son, but that's something we can look at.

@Illiad Easle

It's your decision mate. I have no issues with Null thinking that her family line have been nothing but scoundrels and monsters, but you can throw in the monkey wrench, to make her have to debate where it went wrong to get to where it were now. Or something else, I honestly leave this 100% to you, and you can decide what to do with it, and when/if to just dump it on Null. :)

Also, preparing to use another char I've mentioned here on my main thread, so I went into a creator program, and well... Figured I could drop a visual on Queen Cheshire, just in case. :)

iD3emJR.png

@Blitz Boom

5 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

when/if to just dump it on Null.

I'll keep that in mind then, we'll see when I can naturally put it in the story. Perhaps we let Void find out when she does Mercy? So Null only finds out when she gets back?

6 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Figured I could drop a visual on Queen Cheshire

This being her disguised form? Looks nice! How is your other rp doing btw? Last I checked it was the largest rp in the forums recent history.

@Illiad Easle

9874 replies so far, along with about 290k views. Funny how I did violent, in depth and intriguing RP's for years before coming to this forum, and those sites barely lasted, but then this one is just.. Yeah, it's weird. D Going well though. Just had to grabble with a Mary Sue though. I mean full on self insert, all powerful, had a hoof in everything important, sort of deal. Got real defensive once we started asking in to things just to make sure we got it right, since y'know, Mary Sue's ain't fun to RP with.

And yes, to get back on topic, that is Cheshire. In her mind, appearing as non-threatening as possible were vital for her hive's acceptance and survival, so she went for a regular sized, enthusiastic mare, with some clothes inspired from some of the shows she did with her changelings. Swirl the mane and style it like a ribbon, and the look's complete.

She ain't much more intimidating in her real form though. A bit taller certainly, and the general changeling appearance are unnerving to those who finds them to be so in general, but she does what she can to present herself as non-threatening as can be, and play things off overly theatrical, to a point where it is hard to take her serious. Hard to say if this jolly nature of hers are as good anymore, if she had to infiltrate some of the troops fighting Equestria to be able to survive in the long run, or been hiding and observing the calamity unfold, or whatever else might have happened, if she is still alive in this timeline.

Whoever left in New Las Pegasus though, have embraced her old way of being to varying degrees though.

@Blitz Boom

I tend to enjoy messing with the Mary Sues though, I had one back the first time I did Escape from Deep Science, was essentially a Sonic clone and tried to go super sonic to escape death. Also tried to invoke Randimaxis against me when they couldn't kill an unkillable entity with their super sonic form while equally asserting that they were unkillable.

They thankfully dropped out gracefully once the others got on them in the ooc.

6 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

Whoever left in New Las Pegasus though, have embraced her old way of being to varying degrees though.

I'll keep that in mind, glad for the addition to changeling lore. I initially imagined the color for that hive to be orange, but since you're doing the heavy lifting in lore I'll take whatever color you like that isn't amber, cyan, teal, violet, or red, as those colors have been assigned.

@Illiad Easle

Honestly I figured their color were orange too, it just didn't fit while I made the visual. Looking at things, a light green might be more fitting really, as it'd match the eye color. 

"Essentially this".

And I figured that it made sense that without their queen present, yet also not certain if she were dead, the remaining ones would try to uphold her legacy. Both to honor her, and to prepare for the day when she'd come back to them. Probably also helps that it is what they know, and it both helps keep them sane through everything, and lift the spirit of those around them, which in turn makes them feel as if they are contributing.

Also, creative way to deal with a Mary Sue. :) It's a shame that some folks don't get that you can have unkillable chars work properly, long as you give them proper handicaps to make them fair.

I have 1, who is also likely my strongest magic user, and could essentially crush most whom she met like mere insects. However, she is bound by contract so that she literally cannot hurt others, and whilst she can't ever truly die, she can be killed. It just takes her time to come back, and her body gets further infested with the effects of the dark magic she uses when it is. Hence, she tries to avoid it, as to not lose what little is left of her equinity. She's also an emotional basket case, which is one reason for the contract. She might accidentally kill someone otherwise, in one of her angrier episodes, where she feel like she'd being judged by everyone too much.

ANywayAnyway, rambling. What I were gonna say, is that I tend to not troll per se, those with Mary Sue's, but rather try and help them find things that can hamper them a bit, and work into their story. It makes for more interesting play than *I am awesome, and totally an unstoppable hero*. No one is perfect, and it is the role of a GM to remind them of that. Sometimes by doing the things you did. :D

@Blitz Boom

There are cases of multi-chromatic hives, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say her hive has lime green eyes and orange accents (the back plate/wings/tail/head fringe) or some mix of items between the two colors. Sounds great.

The unkillable I had was scp-106 (Radical Larry) which I adapted into Queen Gelatine for your run.

Does your rp have a large playerbase? or is it kind of cyclical like TBQ where you have a few long standing and a bunch that come for a bit and leave?

@Illiad Easle

Sort of a mix honestly. I have a few that's been there for a while, some returning players, and a few whose not been there for long, whilst others cycle in every now and again. Also varies how often folks post, with one of the old timers, one relatively long lasting, and a new one, being the ones who most frequently have posts ready for every second day when I post. Hence why the posts I have to reply to, could be anything from 3 (yesterday) to 14 (two days prior).

And the color scheme sounds fine to me. :)

• Brohoof 1