Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

A question regarding the Silver Sigma part. Felicia does have a wireless connection that she can use. Usually she did so, to connect with other robots back at the camp, to better organize and order them, as well as receive data from those who were no longer functional enough to return for manual extraction. I imagine the parts needed to make an AI would be severely lacking, and Molotov would have to basically rely on making regular robots, out of whatever parts he could salvage, which would make them just simple robots with a need of one to control them, in certain situations that went outside their programming. Felicia would prove the most effective of his creations to do so, as she could act and control them faster than his potentially distracted mind would be able to.

Would utilizing that, and run through varied frequencies, potentially cause a connection? I dunno if it is considered bluetooth, so best to ask in advance. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Provided she thinks to scan for frequencies other than the one she's used to, she may be able to find the right one. The subsequent issue is that would only find her the facility wifi, and not the connection to the Codex harness, as the codex harness's reciever is waited for a specific code on a specific frequency in order to activate it's transmitter.

Essentially, It would be nearly impossible for Felicia to find this connection, and even if she found the frequency she does not know the code or the encoding. Not having the encoding would further prevent her access to the system even if she were able to establish a connection.

Codex was essentially designed in such a way that Vale was a critical component, rendering it nearly useless without her. Colonel could only interface with it because he and his carrier were principle designers of the system. Colonel made his own back door to access it without Vale.

To advance that plot, if she decides to investigate the room itself more than just the harness, I'll provide her with some design documents that would point her in the direction of Vale being the missing component to the machine.

Edited by Illiad Easle

• 3 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

So, we've reached the climax of Null's arc with Grey.

I believe I remember that at some point we mentioned having the curse lifted from Null and Void...

Well, Null did ask for the cycle to be broken, so at least for her and Void it has been. They wont get any more premonitions about the future, and they no longer have their draining aura around them. They are now free to discover who they are beyond the curse that previously defined their lives.

Hopefully that's alright with you, we can work out something else if it isn't.

@Illiad Easle

It's a... Surprising turn. Not that Epsilon showed up. I knew she would, considering the clues, though not that this would happen. Though it brings up a question, as well as two sides of how Null and Void will react.

Null

When the initial shock goes down, and she feels the curse lifted, she will be torn on it. On one hoof, she will be glad to not be burdened by this mark of a cursed legacy, and that she won't be funnelling the magic she drains to someone else.

On the other hoof, she had planned to use this aura, to more effeciently do her job, out in the grand world. She still have vengeance to strike after all, and so, she will have to rethink how she does things, and have to learn how to act around magical and cursed items, since she never needed to take the bad sides of what they could do, into consideration. It'll have her get into issues at times I can imagine, and with a need to get hold of some charms of some sort. Or that she will intentionally get herself infected with true magic drainage. It's a big world, with plenty of powerful entities, and disasterous trinkets.

Void

It will greatly confuse her to go through, and she too will need to understand how to act around magic now that she doesn't just automatically cancel it out. Yet she will be happy. Now that she is free of the strings that kept her from being fully around others. Especially the foals, whom she now won't be able to cancel out any longer.

It will also mean that Molotov can now fully help her. The wings and assorted appendages he can make are fully mechanical, but an optical replacement for her eye will be possible to make for him, that can be linked magically with her, so she can see properly.

The question

Am I understanding right, that Epsilon is indeed their sister, and that she have now taken on the mantle of the new Grey, essentially?

It have some importance, though not for Void. It will however, for Null. She set out to save her family from The Grey. That won't stop, just because Epsilon have taken over now. The Grey is still a thing, and as such, the job isn't over. Especially not if Epsilon is blood. That means that she still have family to save, and a cycle to break.

That will motivate her as she goes out in the world. Not just to keep those who may be a threat to Void and Arcade in check, but to find a way to finally break this cycle for good. Starting with figuring out who Nibiru is. Likely the entity the oracle originally made a deal with, I can imagine.

Unless I am misunderstanding further, and Epsilon have been chosen by Vengeance, and this were some sort of rouse? I don't know for sure, though the grey coloring makes me think it is the entity angle, as it wasn't as if Null changed colors.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Per the question: Yes, Epsilon is their sister and she is the new Gray Mare destined to return the Grey to its former honor and glory. As she chose it for herself, she doesn't consider herself in need of saving.

Nibiru is one of the three great specters of Vengeance, the other two being Nemesis, who serves Illiad, and Nine, who serves Null. Nibiru was first made a specter of vengeance with the first Grey Mare when she founded what eventually became the Grey, initially a band that operated under Karma to enact both mercy and vengeance, exploiting the grey areas of morality. Null can learn this from Illiad.

Epsilon, via Nibiru, has not yet been chosen by Vengeance, but may shortly depending on what happens next, finally restoring the Grey to their original station as the mediators in the shadows.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

Hmm...

I wouldn't say you overstepped, the differences between what you said and what I planned happened could be explained as Void not understanding what was happening in the moment. 

However, it isn't exactly the sort of story id expect her to tell the children. It isn't typically a good idea to tell children their idol and mother figure might not actually be a good person. I'd have Void tell them that Mistress saved her and her sister, and tell Vale privately that she was involved in the attack against them. Then she'll get the full story from their parents. 

Does that sound good? 

• 3 weeks later...