Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

About August last year, you said I could do with Fheng what I wanted, if I had plans. So, I had her make it out of there, and cause some trouble, that'd make the sisters reflect on their place in life. Fheng wants vengeance, for her wings, her life, and the torment she endured.

As for how Ashclaw knew she were there? A mixture of instinct, and a warning that something familiar, had been noticed.

Also figured that now were as good a time as any, as The Grey were seemingly still dealing with the early day(s) of their new leadership (I think the changelings are further ahead, but not sure), so they wouldn't be around to stop stuff like this. Or were not as organized, though I could be wrong.

Regardless, you now have a vengeful escapee to deal with. Let's see where this'll lead. :)

And of course, lemme know if there's something to take into consideration here, and if what I wrote would go against what would happen in town normally. I can edit accordingly.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Yes, a good question isn't it, about how long she have been there, and what she might know? I won't tell you. :3

What will unfold, will be solely based on how Nine interacts with things, as they now unfold. Might be a short endeavor. Might end up with a manhunt. We'll see.

@Illiad Easle

Okay, truth time: I had more ideas with Fheng, but I forgot about the trail tracking of Null. xD So uhm... Yeah, just gonna use her in a shorter term capacity, and as a learning experience, since I can't do much else with her, on behalf of how Null is tracking her moves now.

Unless of course, you're not sending her back to Tartarus, and have something else in mind. I could think of something worse than death for her at least. Seeing how she's all about power, and wanting to ascend to dragonhood, making her into something weak and pathetic, might well be a more cruel judgement.

But I'm letting you decide her faith in full. :)

Same with the changeling plot. There's two scenarios now, but frankly, you can pick either, none, or both. I figure we get to the meeting soon, and if you pick neither, we just go right for it. Just figured I'd give an option not about time skips so shortly after one. :)

@Blitz Boom

I was actually impressed, very good job.

The only clarification would be that the damage she attempts to afflict will be done to her in addition to rather than instead. So she's still capable of causing damage, albeit to a diminished extent given her weakness, it's just also done to her.

This can lead to interesting effects if she does manage to kill someone, as she'll be left with the sensation of dying by whatever method she inflicted it for the rest of her life. If she strangles someone, she'll be choking forever, etc.

@Illiad Easle

Have to skip the post this time. I had almost all of it written down, then the PC crashed, and when I started it up again, the text that were saved, were from the post I made the last time. :( :angry: I really, bloody hate when this happens!

So yeah. Gonna have to work it all out from scratch again, so there's gonna be a delay. :/ Sorry. Really hope they'd actually fix this sorta thing.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

I figured I should clarify Innu's reaction. She knows that the illusion wasn't real, but similar to Rasputin the image in the fog reminded her of a much more traumatic experience, one that happened far more recently then Rasputin's did. Now she associates Hizu with the memory of the experience, and until she can get some closure on the trauma it will continue to haunt her.

If you want to explore that, you'll just need to let her go somewhere she considers safe, and ask her to open up about it.

• 1 month later...

@Illiad Easle

(I won't force you to change your ideas of how changelings reproduce, and I can accept that changelings have many different ways to reproduce, but my preferred mode of changeling reproduction is an asexual one. Here's where I described it to Randimaxis: https://mlpforums.com/topic/142290-a-cultural-exchange-1x1-with-randimaxis/?do=findComment&comment=5888100)

=========================================

Just responding to this: I'm not putting in details, on how they're reproducing. I don't know, after all. So I made it vague, with just the idea that there is a certain amount of... External DNA, that needs to be added, which you yourself had brought up some other time. When you said they mostly pick genders, during egg laying. Or something akin to that. Anyway, she just doesn't want her brother and sister, to be part of that whole thing, as it seems weird to her.

Beyond that, her thoughts on the whole process, were left vague, as I did not intend to make assumptions. Just so you know. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Makes sense, and no worries.

I believe what I said was that the physical characteristics of changelings, (Like physical gender traits, wings, horns, etc.) Are determined by the unique mixture and strength of the emotions that fill the cocoon they grow up in. Most changelings refer to these characteristics as Predispositions, or things that they'll have an easier time disguising as. For instance a changeling with a strong female disposition will look more feminine when undisguised, and typically be more comfortable disguising as a female, but they are still perfectly capable of disguising as a male. Thus the concept and importance of gender as it pertains to identity depends greatly on the hive and the changeling in question. Some consider it an important part of who they are, others do not.

Per reproduction, I personally consider the External DNA to be provided by the ambient magical field through the emotion gel and energy collected. In a sense the 'father' is a mix of every changeling and creature involved in the process of producing the gel that nourished the eggs in the cocoon.

Feel free to ask for more clarification if you need it, but it won't be important to the story for some time. We can have her meet with Oracle first to be taught the process, given I would assume that Bling's queen was rather private about it.

@Illiad Easle

So, about the Bling part: I've set up the moth thing to proceed, either eventually, or when perhaps another bug enthusiast pops up. Not sure if you wanted part of it, so left it there for now.

She have indeed arrived at the old theater, and are just now looking into the main room, to see how things are/whom are there. I left it there, since it were late when I were done writing, and were unsure what to write afterwards. I'll edit in a little line at the end, to make it a bit more open for others.

@Illiad Easle

Question: Were Queen Oracle the one at the Blackwater Quarry? Just wondering, in case this is how you want to lead into news coming back, about Cheshire's death. As written some time ago, there is one of their hive left, who were there when Cheshire fell. Utterly unaware that there's even a single member of his hive left. Much less that they're thriving. Would mean there could be a section there. Or it could just jump to him returning at some later point, with Pirouette in tow.

(edit) Just found it. Oracle is in Blackwater, and so is he. There's something to go with there then, if you'd want something to happen there. :) 

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

On 2022-03-25 at 5:34 AM, Illiad Easle said:

As to having things happen at the quarry, that's a bit outside my domain, but I'm okay with Rasputin coming back with the remaining changeling after some time has passed.

It'll be a harsh, but important growing point for Bling, I think. Without the hope that Cheshire comes back, it becomes even more important that she steps up to the plate, and lifts up the responsibility. Though she may have a minor crisis of faith when hearing that Cheshire's definitively dead. A firm hoof at that point, may well be warranted.

Also, I'm sorry for the half reply. Surprise message from work, that they wanted me to cover a morning shift. I'll try and get it done when I come home.

@Illiad Easle

Just putting it here too: Feeling increasingly poorly these days, so my writing will be irregular, if not absent, for a bit. Hopefully able to get it on track again soon, but need to be able to sit, without feeling ill, first. Apologies for the delays.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Blitz Boom

Been a bit since you last posted, I hope things are alright on your end?

Some ideas I thought up in the meantime, as well as a clarification:

Per Null training Ardee, maybe she could consider going to that guard mare from Spartrot that trained her to use the wing blades? Left and Right (The pair of pegasi that taught Null to fly again) are also options if Null doesn't want to entirely teach Ardee by herself.

Per the Mist, I want to make abundantly clear that there's nothing sexual about the Mist's attraction to changelings, nor the Mist's interest in watching creatures go about their lives. the Mist doesn't work like that. In both cases it's more of a strong fascination. The Mist finds watching creatures live to be fascinating, like a scientist watching an experiment play out. In regards to changelings, the Mist simply enjoys their texture like one might enjoy a soft blanket or the wind flowing through one's hair, only in this case the Mist is the blanket and the wind.

Per Ardee, her aggressive preening is not a form of self harm, the short primary she pulled too early was an accident caused by not paying close enough attention due to her frustration, though Void may not see it that way.

Anyway, I hope these thoughts and clarifications are of some use to you. Do let me know if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to give you a peak behind the curtain as to why my characters act the way they do. Just because your characters are in the dark doesn't mean that you have to be.