Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Whoops. Hadn't seen your message in here. O.o Sorry about that. :(

As for the school, I don't mind bringing in a character for school. I'm sure I could scrounge someone up from my pile of OC's. Lemme see...

3am6IBw.png

I got Cherish Sky here. Originally I used her as a ghost, but she'd obviously be alive here. :) None of those I am bringing up here, will be as they were in Equestria, on the other thread.

Q5TnoPc.png

Jelly Drop.Bat pony/pegasus. Mostly a bat pony though, from her father's side. All the way down to her having light sensitive eyes. hence the tinted glasses.

0dPt805.png

Long Stare. Usually have her as an adult, but she looks like she could be rather young too.

Seems to be those I have of the younger sorts. I think. I do have this one.

CxiiWNP.jpg

Dragons can be larger, even when young, so a pony sized dragon, could fit their age regardless. But still, I leave it up to you. You got some to work with.

526696069_Screenshot_20201230-021849_AvatarMakerFantasyPony01.thumb.jpg.467251ea7127cfcd786f056d7fff6b64.jpg

Oh right, nearly forgot this one. Cover Up. He's in his early teens, so could still fit it. He uses ink and magic, to make tattoos, or remake them, by draining the ink off, and reapplying it. He does so to himself a fair bit. All the dark color - barring the tip of his tail and mane - are ink.

@Blitz Boom

A dragon would be interesting, but Cherish Sky seems far too cute to leave out.

Be sure to remember that whoever you pick will have witnessed the horrors of Discord firsthoof, likely to some lasting effect.

I also don't mind if you want to pick two, or cycle them all through at some point, I imagine that as we move forward with the school they'll eventually have opportunities to interact with the other young creatures in Troy.

@Illiad Easle

Well honestly, most of them are orphans in my main anyway. xD

Cherish is a ghost, Cover Up's entire town was demolished by pagans (the town was made of travelers from Harrowmark), Long Stare is not an orphan, but she's estranged from her mentally abusive family, barring her sister, and Jelly... Well, Jelly's life is pretty good, even if her parents are divorced.

As for picks here... I could always just have multiple. But I can always start with Cherish, and we see where things goes. :) I'll one day make use of Cover Up proper, somewhere. xD I spend probably the longest on his model, as I had a base idea, and it was not easy to make work. The limitation of creator programs at times, but I can't draw a stick figure without crippling it, so programs it is. And I liked the result in the end.

Fun fact: The models you are seeing here, are using 3 different creator programs. :)  Two of them are phone related (1 used for Cherish, 1 other for the dragon and Cover Up) and then another for the last two

Anyway, options... Cherish on her own, would likely be an orphan too. She'd be adopted, but I can't see the sort of parents that raise a meek foal like this, to have been the survivalist types. Her base idea were always that her special trait, were that she were a matchmaker, so I'll keep going with that. She'll have an eye for love, and would be a nice, calm sort, who'd like to make friends. I'd also imagine she'd have some mental issues, due to seeing the things happening through the crisis, so... Her adoptive parent, is the therapist Null and Void have been seeing, that tries to help her, but she does have her lapses of somewhat PTSD. Gives some connections with the established bunch as it is.

If you want the dragon in, I can have her too. One's already an orphan, so... Her only friend, and vice versa, due to said dragon whelp not really knowing how to make friends, but Cherish being very patient with her. Gonna have to say that she were likely not the only one in her batch to escape, but time caused the others to die off, one by one. Lack of resources, traps, their *caretaker* tossing one out into the open to be used as bait, for them to escape... My mind can go some dark places.

I'd say though, that she made it to Troy alone in the end. Caked in old blood, refusing to talk about what had happened and kept to the outskirts by herself. Hunting dune foxes, and scrounging up the odd crystal now and again, for sustenance, and resting in a makeshift hovel. She'd probably have gotten enough survival after the years of travel and hardships, to have learned a few things. Enough to keep alive anyway.

Cherish making first contact, a bit of a shaky start, but then helping her slowly try and integrate... Yeah, I think I could make that work.

Beware though, that she'd be a biter. Like, if she got annoyed, or scared, she'd snap out after you. Just warning chomps in the air though. Unless it's a flight or fight situation.  Those chompers would hurt. xD

Seeing something you like? This is all off of the top of my head. As is... Basically 95% of what I write, but that's besides the point. :P

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm familiar with two of those programs, which I've used previously.

I think it's fine to start with just Cherish then, I think she'll be able to bond with the young ponies well given the shared trauma. We can add in others later either to the school or just in the town, allowing some others that you've mentioned to be older than them rather than all children.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I'm coming up with what the clones names will be after they get their marks, and I'm open to suggestions, but here's what I've got so far:
Ardee -> Ranger Daring

Toupé -> Precise Powers

Elef -> Elisofon Fastar

Teal -> Tenacious Learner

Again, not set in stone, I just wanted to try and keep their initials

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

If I'm being honest, I'm not really feeling the school arc right now. Something about being in school making me disinterested in writing about school. If I were to force myself through it I fear it would feel hollow and forced, which won't be much fun for either of us. That's partially why it's taken so long for me to respond.

Unless you've got some big ideas and passion for it, I propose that we put it on hold until summer or I get a renewed vigor for it, and focus on Null, Arcade, and Ardee in New Pegasus for now.

Sorry I don't have the energy to do more right now.

@Illiad Easle

Aight, that's fine. We can just get to it another time, if you feel like it, and pretend that they've had some introductions, and are starting to know each other a little better. :) 

We can focus on the town plot for the time being, until you have other ideas.

Also, that would likely include the eventual return of Rasputin, so just wanted to reiterate, that him returning, would not be alone. Pirouette would return with him, having heard there were still some of his family not only alive but thriving. As he also witnessed the fall of Cheshire, he is also the only one that can convince Bling and the others, that she is actually gone, which will have to be something they'd need to face, sooner or later.

Things will be interesting, down the line. :)

• 1 month later...

@Illiad Easle

I swear, I didn't go into this, thinking that Cherish were that drawn to thestrals and night time. It just sorta evolved on its own.

And no worries on the Ardee post. I should've had a breaking point earlier in the post, but I tried writing it off as him just thinking that was what were going to happen, and rolled with it. :)

(edit)

Right, while I remember it: Will be gone for some days after this. Family stuff, so leaving the PC at home.

Edited by Blitz Boom

• 2 months later...

@Blitz Boom

Here's a picture and a prompt!

image.thumb.png.6a7aa20ee227d7945d73716857609dc6.png

So the picture is something I go commissioned of BLU team when it was first created. Null and Void have met a fair number of these creatures on their travels.

They fought the pegasus, earth pony, and unicorn at the Gates of Tartarus. The griffon was there too on Null and Void's side, and the changeling there is a younger version of Rasputin Stalliongrad.

The pegasus is the same one that Null is tracking down now.

The deer is on the Æther right now, Maud and Spiral met him in the other RP.

Now the prompt:

One group I have in my stories is the musical band HexComb, which is made up of changelings from several different hives. In my notes from years ago I said that the group included a changeling from Las Pegasus, and recently I was considering how this changeling could have joined from the Cheshire hive.

The idea I had was that the group originally went by a different name, as they only had five members, and went to perform in Las Pegasus. Then, either a member of their opening act would have been replaced by a member of hive Cheshire, or a member of hive Cheshire would get caught trying to replace a member of the group for their performance.

In the first case, the group would go to speak to the changeling privately after the show before they could switch back, reveal that they too were changelings, and offer for them to join their group instead of replacing other performers.

In the second case, the group would confront the changeling by revealing that they too were changelings, and ask how they thought they could replace one of them, essentially asking them to audition to show that they were sufficiently skilled, at which point they would mention that they had been looking for a sixth member anyway, and offer for them to join full time.

I'm of course open to any ideas you might have on this, or if you can think of another angle that might be more likely considering your hive and their methods.

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

Members of Hive Cheshire did sometimes get someone drunk, make them fall asleep etc. then take over their role for a show, so it's in character. They just had to pick carefully, and scarcely, so that it could be written off as the actors forgetting, or being so vain, that they refused to believe that anyone could act as well as them. I could imagine one time, that a member from their hive would get caught afterwards.

Both scenarios could well happen honestly. But it depends on how good the members you have are at maintaining costume during potentially a fun night out. But I do think the second scenario is probably the easiest to make work. Like, one of the Cheshire hive's changelings would've studied well what would be performed, the role, the costumes needed, etc. then sneak over, wait until the actor were alone, and then attempt to make them snooze off. Easy enough to lead the changeling into a trap then, as this sort hadn't backfired before, and the one in question, would be an actor. They'd know how to fake it, or they'd be sucky at their job. :)

Confronted, the changeling would profusely apologize, and try to explain that they were from the local hive, and that they were all performers, but had to live in the shadows like many others, due to social stigma. Especially after Chrysalis attacked Canterlot.

An offer to audition properly, would make that changeling's heart skip a beat, but they'd happily give them their best showing. For nothing else, then to show they were genuine about being a performer, so that they might just let them go, rather than have them arrested, or beat them up. A bit of authenticity, y'know?

Being offered to join proper, would thrill them. They'd have to go and talk to Cheshire first, since their hive as you've seen so far, have been a small, but very closely knit one. As for the response, Cheshire wouldn't be mad, but overjoyed and thrilled, that her child got such an opportunity, and would encourage them to follow with the group.

The family would make sure to say their farewells, and ask them to remember to send mail sometimes, and think of them, when they were out in the big world, but no one would stop them from leaving. This were the sort of thing they dreamed about after all. Being free to act, even if this involved having to hide themselves.

I can whip up a name, look, personality etc. fairly easy, if they come into the picture. They'd obviously be excited and nervous at going towards New las Pegasus of course, not having heard from their family for years, but they'd be relieved to see that at least some were okay, whilst also worried that Cheshire had been gone for so long.

They won't know that Cheshire is dead. I'm saving that for when Rasputin returns, and brings Pirouette with him, from the Quarry hive. That's the fate of that one. To tell the bad news, and both end one chapter of the hive, but also pave the way, for them to understand the gravity further, about why they need a new queen in town. Cause with Cheshire gone, there won't be anyone coming to them.

My thoughts anyway. Fine with you?

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

Only correction is that this meetup would happen before the Canterlot Wedding, otherwise I think your depiction of how it goes down is perfect. I don't have plans for them to show up in this RP, as they would have been among those gathered onto the Æther with the rest. Being in Troy when everything happened, they were cut off from going back to their individual hives, staying together hoping that things would calm down, and when things only got worse they would board the Æther, knowing that for some of them they might be the last survivors of their hives.

Perhaps they could show up in the Æther Project RP? I'm thinking that Las Pegasus will exist as a bastion much like it does in this RP, just a bit less well-off, so for your changeling to return to the city to find that they are not the last of their hive would be something to consider. Although, one key difference is that the Las Pegasus hive in the Æther RP won't have been visited by Rasputin, as Null and Void wouldn't have gone to the Gates and let him out.

@Illiad Easle

Sure, I can have them show up in the Æther RP too. :)

As for how things would unfold there... Well, basically the same, as before Rasputin. Less alive changelings overall in the town, but Bling and the other two three that reminds of the old hive, will still be doing their best to try and keep spirits up, and care for changelings. They might be relied upon to help others too, but that won't be an issue either.

If we're going that route though, poke me about it, cause I were wanting to have Brittle meet them. Considering her issues, they'd be the best hive to help her through things proper, and make sure she were still contributing to things.

As for the time, and stuff... Well, Bling would be the de facto queen still, having accepted it as time went on, and the need for a central leadership among the changelings became more apparent. She's busy dealing with so many things though, and does sometimes need another to take over for her, to allow her to sleep for at least a few hours. I'll make use of some familiar faces, to her inner council, so to speak, if time comes then. :)

@Illiad Easle

You should keep OOC stuff here dude. :) I've had moderators go after folks in my thread for this stuff before.

As for the question, while TrUST and Deep Science are different, the detail is in what were said around it: He never met anyone from there, and thus, he only have to go by rumors. Rumors are often exaggerated, and blends things up, and you know how folks like to talk about the hush hush things they heard elsewhere might be going on, rather than the front facing, regular boring stuff going on. :) 

It's the same with Center Zero. Sure it's a secret per se, but everyone's heard that it's a hush hush place, where all the smart ponies in Equestria goes, never to be seen again. There's always gonna be stories like that. Doesn't mean they know much tangible stuff.

@Illiad Easle

I am keeping that in mind, but as said, he's going off rumors. Las Pegasus is a gambling town. Lots of stories being passed around, of questionable legitimacy. All he knows, is what he's heard, and the front face of what he have seen from the school, which I made as vague as possible, in case you had some plans with that. I just added a bunch of changelings. What happened to them? I dunno. Maybe they got turned into experimental subjects. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

For the record, I don't have any big plans with Crow. Just setting her up to be somewhat useful, and someone that can be used for things in the desert, if needed. Also in case there would be a need for something scavenged.

I may end up having her work as a kind of assistant to Molotov. Y'know, helping to scavenge some good parts, and trying to grasp what he's doing out there in the desert. That sort of thing. But for now, just doing some setup of things, to give some character. :)

• 4 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

I don't know how Null fights, and these goons are just generic so I think it would be better if I left this scene to you.

To give you some ideas, I don't intend for Null to fight them all off. The griffon with magic is a remnant of Discord's Legion, hence why he has snapping magic, and the rest are influenced by him. If Null takes him out the rest will scatter. How Null accomplishes this is up to you then.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

It should be difficult to take down the griffon, so let's say he's pretty quick to dodge, but the rest aren't, so she could use the blowgun to give her some space to take on the griffon.

Edited by Illiad Easle