Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@@Blitz Boom

Alright, I'll be waiting then.

My take on Discord is how it falls in the story Five Score, but to sum it all up, he snaps. Or that he was faking the whole time just to get into the perfect position to overthrow everything. Acting reformed allows him to get close enough to kill Celestia and banish all the elements as well as Luna.

When Illiad ascends, it's by defeating Discord.

As to their history, I've been thinking for a bit.

So we suppose that they aren't perfect sisters, but share a father. And we can suppose that they were noticed from an early age to have this ability. Deep science takes them as soon as the ability manifests to a Deep Science Light Security facility in the deserts outside of the ruins of Eponsilon where they were placed in the care of two researchers to see how this ability would develop over time.

Thus even Deep Science does not know of their progenitor, just their separate mothers. i intend for them to encounter their own SCP file with tons of information on this line.

I have more, but I need to do dinner, so I'll be right back with their life on the first site.

@@Blitz Boom

Sorry for the delay.

At the site they actually lived with a number of other slightly or potentially anomalous foals in a sheltered community. But when their abilities clashing with the site's containment protocols and procedures, leading, unbeknownst to the sisters, in a number of containment breaches by other things kept at the site, the directorship was breathing down the site manager's neck, the very same Autoclave Bunsen Burner. He, through his inability to keep the facility secure due to the mobility of Null decided that it would be best to have her clipped so as to not cause another breach. When that failed he had do demote two of his prized researchers, and when they broke protocol themselves, causing another high level containment breach in the process, Dr. Burner was on the brink of being thrown out of Deep Science himself.

He managed, just barely, to remain. But he has hated the sisters ever since for almost costing him his life and history.

That is why he broke protocol to capture them, why his methods with them were so unorthodox.

@Illiad Easle

Ergh... Not really a fan of that idea with Discord, especially since he seems pretty much only in a tip when it comes to anyone messing with Fluttershy. Plus, it'd kill Celestia, and I think that is one of the pillars if the universe that were unlikely to ever die. Perhaps get sealed into the sun or something, or if not that, then brought back after death, but full on never to return dead? I just ain't seeing it honestly.

Same with Twilight and the rest getting sealed away, as that would mean that Equestria basically either had to rely on Cadence alone to take over, or would descend into civil unrest and war, which may well happen after the chaos of losing most of the country's heroes

I dunno, just seems like a highly implausible set of events that would essentially kill the main setting of the universe this were set in, and just work as a sort if fanfiction for someone who doesn't like anything about the world the show portrays, and seeks to destroy it.

If it's the cannon you wanna roll with, I doubt I  an stop you, but I'd honestly say you were better off running a variance of it yourself, with Equestria being more in a sort of stasis, where something made Discord snap, Celestia were brought to the brink of dead but saved by geeting kept in stasis (which may have ended sealing Luna into her bindings for example) and the entire main cast went into the world to look for a cure for the princesses, to free them. It'd leave a country that's prone to invasions in less chaos, and the generals/Cadence could take over and govern whilst awaiting the main cast to return from a journey that would likely take years, ir even decades.

Heck, you could have Illiad able to do something about the situation yourself, buf being unwilling to, due to his own grief and old grudges. Could give him something more to battle with throughout the years.

Again though, your story, your choice. I'm just saying my two cents on this, and that if you're going with that angle in this thread too, I reserve the right to consider taking actions into my own hands, regarding bringing Celestia or others back if needed. Not through Null and Void though, as I have others more suited, but meh, not anything that will come into play for ages, if ever.

Going on to the sisters story though, I think they'd find out the abilities of the two immediately basically, since the magical equipment in the hospital wouldn't work, which might also have caused complications, leaving the foals without any known parents. It'd be easy to take them then, and not have questions asked.

The rest seems spot on. Containment, Bunsen's grudges, and the inherent issues keeping the foals there giving him so many problems that it might have actually killed any hope he had of ever getting into O5, or what your version of it is. Perhaps he figured that getting them back would fix things, and getting them used for something would peove his competence, as well as likely excuse his reckless incompetence and lack of ability to follow their rules, such as he does when capturing the sisters agajn.

Can't imagine this massive containment breach and loss of life is going to get him any brownie points though. Muahaha!!!

@@Blitz Boom

Eh, my larger headcanon is a bit tied up with some of the other features of Five Score to leave it out, there's a big time and dimensional loop that takes place later involving Selena, the staff, and the Fastar Clan. But that's besides the point.

Here's what I see in all this:

After the summer war Discord saw that things would never really reach peace between Troy and Equestria, they would forever be at each other's throats until one of them dropped dead. So he came up with a plan that would, eventually, unify the two nations to bring an end to the strife.

He released the spawn of Tartarous, a neutral or common enemy, in the hopes that the two nations would band together to defeat it, and frankly only together could they even hope to pull off such a feat. But when Troy discovered that just holding a line would push the spawn up north towards Equestria with very few casualties of their own...

Discord realized as both nations suffered heavy losses that this plan wasn't going to work, so he came up with a much more drastic plan, a sort of world-wide restart.

Starting with those who could stop his plan, Celestia, Twilight, the other princesses and the elements of Harmony, he sent them all to another dimension for 25 years (Five score divided by four) Where they would all forget the vast majority of their past lives, and when they returned, should they proove strong enough to do so, they would be able to build up a new society from the ground up, with a newfound respect for what they had learned. He also provided a way for some safe havens of knowledge and culture so not all would be lost, but only so the best would return. These havens included The Blackwater Quarry, Archback Mountain, the Æther Project, and Mt. Haven (Llama territory) In addition a few of those sent retained their memories of Equestria to eventually guide back those that had been sent, these included: Celestia, Luna, Twilight(limited extent), Sweetie Belle (Who knows why), and Illiad Easle.

In both of the endings I write about his goal is acomplished. When Illiad does not defeat Discord all those that return work together to found New Equestria. When Illiad defeats Discord he reunites the shattered remnants that remain to found the Trojan Republic. (Troy's down to the last city when Illiad finally beats Discord anyway, so not much of Trojan culture was left to begin with)

In the end, no one dies as a result of Discord's actions, everyone comes back 25 years after they were sent away, at the same state they were when they were sent away, just with 25 years experience from the other world to help them make another, better, Equis.

How that relates here. After three years is about a year after Discord's defeat, so the Trojan Republic is beginning its outreach to gather any remnants that exist in the world. Celestia is in the other world, but will be welcomed back in 23 or so years, which is when the Æther project (Which has Illiad's wife) will return.

It's an interesting take, don't you think?

@Illiad Easle

Aaah, like that. Okay, this is actually an awesome angle then. :) Interesting story, and quite the shift in the world that doesn't leave too many heaps of corpses, but sure do uproot things.

So Equestria is basically a battle-scarred wilderness, where who that remains of old Equestria are scattered and have to make due with smaller towns and focus on survival, whilst what little remained of Troy have banded up and made themselves a new seat of power, on the crumbling remains of the old Troy? That's pretty mental right there, but in a good way.

Nice setup mate. :)

@Illiad Easle

Nice post mate, but you're going into godmodding again, by saying they would see thins, and some comments on what they thought too in the previous post. I understand you wanna make things fit in, and no worries, your conclusion to the ambush on Null is completely okay, as it fits the narrative and as you diverted the main attention to the pony we know she'd be focused on, it makes sense too. Just please mate, reel in the control of movements and thoughts, or I basically have nothing to do. :)

You can keep your current post as it is, since it ain't too bad, just a note for future reference. ^^

@@Blitz Boom

*Facepalm.

:unsure:

Again, sorry.

If it helps you any, I write my posts based on the maximum amount of information available to your characters. You are completely free to limit on your end what they actually see and take notice of, just be sure to mention the things that they don't see (For example: "Void was too preoccupied with the deer to notice anything about the room" And thus I will know for the future that she knows nothing of the contents of the room, or "Void took particular notice of the tubes, ignoring all else" Also works.) I set the scene, and you decide what your actors actually notice or understand.

That is not to say I would tell you about something they couldn't see, unless I make it obvious, and I won't allow them to make impossible conclusions, (For example, given Dir. Clave was speaking in a different voice in his first line they could not recognize him, I made it an impossibility to recognize him. Then when he spoke normally they could easily recognize him. And Again you could decide that they still don't recognize him for any number of reasons. You would just have to say something along the lines of "They still couldn't quite recall where they had heard the voice from before." So I know they don't know the connecting information for later.)

Again, this isn't to excuse my behavior, just providing you a way to work around me as I try to get better at this. I have not DMed very many of these so I need the practice and greatly appreciate the feedback.

:derp:

@Illiad Easle

Alright, let's try and beat it out of you this way. Metaphorically speaking, of course. :)

And really, I see the godmodding issues as being the most DM thing ever. It's getting used to direct the meddling little puppets as well as possible that sets these sorta things in motion, when you're then on a forum, at least from what I have heard. But eh, we'll get past it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

@@Blitz Boom

Hey, really love your post, glad to see you using my helps to get your side across.

The next post will be rather big, given it's the transition to the next phase of the story, so bear with me. I'll be writing it after work today so you should see it in 8 hours or so depending.

@Illiad Easle

I hate to do this mate, but I feel like I'll have to once again refer you to an earlier point of mine: Don't say *They were* *They would be* or *They could* on their own, as that seems like set actions when it's not followed up by some other words, such as *Perhaps*. Try to use more open phrases such as *They may* *Perhaps they* and *They might* to set it more as a story option, rather than a set path. Ambiguity on the behalf of another players actions is the way to go. :)

When it comes to the images and such that 900 shows them, having it forced makes sense, as he literally doesn't give them another option than to experience it. In the waking world, things are different, and their responses to things might not be as cut and dry.

Like say, if you set that in the current situation *Null would be aware of a presence lurking outside the box she were trapped in*. Who says she would? She's been frozen down for a while. Might she not focus more on how the aftermath of that feels? Worry more for Void than anything? Have another moment of fury? You never know, hence why being more vague in it helps. A Might instead of a Would seems like a little, but it does give far more leeway. I mean, perhaps I won't do anything close to what you put in as being basically what would happen, and though it may work internally, imagine having to read that afterwards for someone. They'd keep wondering why it seemed disjointed. :)

Beyond this, good post, looking forward to responding to it later. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

@@Blitz Boom

:unsure: Gah!

I'll get it one of these days I swear.

9 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

*Null would be aware of a presence lurking outside the box she were trapped in*.

5 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Despite the voice sounding nearby, their was no indication that any living thin was in the room with them.

Though I think you may have misread it, I tried to imply that they could NOT see anything, that while there was a voice (That they can hear since it's coming from speakers in their boxes.) They cannot see anything. I did not try to imply that she would be aware of anything in the waking world, and in fact tried to do the opposite, that something was clearly outside of her awareness.

Though I got an idea, it doesn't make for the best storytelling and only works with really honest RPers who can keep straight what their characters do and don't know about their surroundings. I can describe the scene outside of their perception in general terms, and thus you have to judge what they did or did not see or what they did or did not hear.

For example: The light in the room was too dark to make out much of anything.

vs. The light in the room was too dark for them to make out much of anything.

Or

A voice spoke to them from the darkness

vs. They heard (or could hear) a voice speaking to them from the darkness.

In that case, if speaking more generally (The upper option) works more to your liking, then I will strive to write that way. I will in that case say that they did hear or did feel something if they had no choice in the matter (such as 900 or if something touches them) But in any case where there might be an ambiguity you will be the judge as to what they experience from the set I lay out for you. You just have to be honest and objective in deciding their real actions without making those decisions based on outcomes I've already told you.

(I once RPd with a guy who I tried this with who then abused the system to avoid all danger even if his character wouldn't rationally make some of the decisions he then made. But I trust that you can actually keep it all very straight.)

I think I'll go with that, and I'll edit my recent post to reflect that writing style so you can decide if you like it better that way.

:derp: I'm still learning, after all this time.

@Illiad Easle

46 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

For example: The light in the room was too dark to make out much of anything.

vs. The light in the room was too dark for them to make out much of anything.

Dude, what sort of RP'ers have you been working with when you think you need to hold them by the hand? xD The first example of these two are what I'm talking about, as there you set the scene, and wait for a response, VS the second, where you're saying *No, your characters can't see in the dark".Jeez, no wonder you're writing in half godmode sometimes if you've been running witht he sort of crowd that forced you to drag them along, rather than play off them.

Look, Null and Void won't suddenly be cyborgs out of nowhere, have magical powers, or fart fire (with a refreshing mint scent). They're pretty much what you see, plus internal dialogue to fill out some space and give some insight into the places they've been before. I might not be the best RP'er, but I do have some degree of consistency. :P Well, unless it's been a long time, but that have more to do with me forgetting things, and I don't have a problem correcting it if it's pointed out to me that I remembered wrong.

Oh, and as for the aware thing, I didn't mean that is what you said. I just used a random sentence as an example here in the OOC. I am aware of what your intentions were. :)

Anyway, we've gotten to the same wave-length now, so that's good. :) Let's keep it rolling.

P.S. If you meet someone like the other guy again, make the floor suddenly turn into literal lava. You don't bend the system of someone who controls the reality in which their character is living. Muahahahahahaha!!! *thunder in the background*

@@Blitz Boom

And it only got worse for some of them as it went on. So much so that it spilled out into the OOC.

Starting on March 31st.

You can correlate those posts to what I had to deal with in the RP

Also, I was thinking of taking a slight step back from where we were and doing a very specific ret-con. It would really advance the plot as well as thicken it, and give you much more to write while I basically describe rooms and monsters to you.

Here it is:

When Null and Void woke up, they were not in the same room. Each with no sign of the other being anywhere nearby.

Null is awoken by Panic, and Void is awoken by CODEX, both sent to take control of the facility from the other. They would eventually encounter each other in the maze, then decide who they would side with.

OR

We keep going as we are, they will hear from CODEX by the same means as Colonel, and thus have to decide whether they trust Codex, and by extension 900, or Panic.

Either way is a great story, but I think my proposed change would make the greater story.

What do you think?

@Illiad Easle

It's... Tricky. Null on one hand could be worked with, as long as Panic tells her that CODEX holds Void, as the protective elder sister side of her then comes into play. However Void is difficult to work with without making yourself her enemy, when she's alone. She haven't been without Null for long periods of time since she were around 4, and being around strangers at the same time... I'll allow it, because I trust that you can handle it, but just keep in mind that CODEX will have to play around her well to make her an asset, rather than someone who would instantly switch sides the second she met Null again.

As for retconning things, how exactly are we going to do that without the story looking all bungled up? Easiest way I see is just to have me edit a few things, so that Void is groggy and therefore doesn't notice where she is, with a few snippets going off here and there where she can't see the area properly, then thinks the movement she sees are from Null. Long as CODEX says roughly the same thing when she wakes up, it could still work fine, though you'd need a small edit on your side too to make it clearer. As for Null... I'll figure out a way to make her side of things look more fitting. Potentially she just imagines that Void is there, as the prolonged sleep are having more effects than simply making her movements stiff for a bit. SHe'd realize soon enough.

However, not going to edit anything until we agree on the way to do it, so I presented my idea. Waiting for your take on it now.

P.S. Not clicking the links. I cringed enough once already, not doing it to myself again.

@@Blitz Boom

Probably a good idea to not click the links, I cringed pretty hard myself when I went to read it again. (Can't believe he tried to cite Randimaxis against me.)

Anyway I think it will go like this:

You'll edit your posts to just have Null there, Void will have been still unconscious for the past few posts, and we'll get to her in my next post. You can end your present post, or the post before it, with Null demanding to know where Void is.

Then, in my next post, we'll switch the scene to Void's PoV, and play them both out side by side until they happen to find each other. There should be enough development between them to have a decent amount of confusion as to who they should side with in the end.

Given they're separate, every time they would die they find themselves removed from the situation by 900, not that they die and get resurrected, but they only go back to when they triggered the event, remembering what they saw and did like a foreshadowing. That should work right?

The more they die this way the more power 900 has over them to speak in the waking world. Die too often and they'll go crazy.

I'll edit my posts now to only reference Null.

@Illiad Easle

There, edited the posts. I didn't include the part about the final message from the speaker at the end post because I assume you're going to remove or change that part, as it included both of the sisters. There's a few moments like that in your posts to fix up, but on my end, I'm awaiting what comes next. :)

As to the rest of the stuff, basically don't do anything stupid, or they go coo coo for Coco Puffs? Gotcha. Something tells me though that you have filled the place with mimics or something. I don't trust a GM. :P

@@Blitz Boom

I'm sure Pen and Seen can get through to her.

To explain what they are, Pen is SCP-1368, but modified to be an actual suit rather than a skin suit. Most of her kind act like the description, enslaving ponies for their own purpose, but Pen's an odd one, accepting CODEX's offer to be useful rather than in containment as long as she doesn't enslave anyone. She's still completely hollow though.

Seen is a shadow scepter, a living entity of dark mist that is hurt by sunlight but gains energy through heat given off by living things. Communicates by vibration to produce humming noises. He lives inside Pen to help her out. He isn't an SCP, just wandered in during a certain event that happened while they were asleep. CODEX doesn't know about him/doesn't care that he's there.

• 3 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

Just to respond to the top part of your latest post, my guideline for leading Null and Void around tends to go mainly for what I can do to make them feel worse. Prolonging Void's suffering and making Null get faced with Pen, who have seen her sister, seemed like a fun prospect for misery. :)  Honestly, I'm more surprised you haven't let an anvil or something fall on either of them yet.

@Illiad Easle

Just before you potentially go at me for inconsistency, in case it haven't been obvious so far, Null is one with a looooot of anger, and is not against hurting others, but she barks more than she bites. And currently, a part of her is terrified and desperate to try everything if it means she will get to Void, so, she vents out in words instead of actions. Something tells me though, that yelling isn't going to prove to be the smart thing. :P We will see.

@Illiad Easle

Pen is a very naughty pony-wannabe. Bad thing! :P

Heh. Just wanted to say that I will have to wait to respond until tomorrow. Took a while longer than I thought writing in my main thread, and I'm drained in the head from it. Hope it's okay, and have a good day. :)

@Illiad Easle

Question: Is the golem still after her? To the point where Void can hear it? Whatever she can, will depend on how much of a chance there is at her entering the room and seeing Panic. Deja vu is one thing (Though again, remember that it's not *was* but *would be* as there is no guarantee that she remembers all of it, or is in too much denial to admit it to herself. Remember, when it comes to thoughts, leave options, not guarantees) but being in a panic from being chased is another. If the golem is seemingly no longer making noise, and therefore doesn't seem to follow her, she will slow down and look for cover, which will get her into the room.

I'll make a post once I know this, unless it's while I'm sleeping, at which point there will be a delay. :P