Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

• 3 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

I'm not sure what you meant with that last sentence.

(The other skin walker saw the creature, like Pen it has no choice, and due to the curse of 097, it will be destroyed by the creature in order to sate it.)

I checked up on it, and 097 is the pumpkin patch. What have that to do with any of these other two, and what will be destroyed to sate it? Like, the skin crawler would get destroyed by the shy guy? Guess I'll see in the next post, but just that numbering that mostly confuses me here.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sorry for the confusion, I meant 096, which is the shy guy, only off by one, but my bad. 

Anyway, my next post will be very intense, just so you're aware. Null's mouth just got her in trouble with someone. 

No promise that I'll be able to write it tonight, but I hope to!

@Blitz Boom

Here's what happened, 096 has a curse, where it is forced to eat anything that sees its face. However, given Null and Void are immune to curses, the curse affecting 096 doesn't recognize them as having seen its face, and thus it isn't forced to eat them.

@Illiad Easle

Just in regards to the changelings first and foremost, it were just one hive, but as the theme tends to be with Null and Void, they have crossed the generally worst parts of other races, and have made biases from that, as to not try and put themselves into another situation they might not survive. Hence, one hive of truly disturbing or sadistic changelings, muddles the water against all of them.

@Illiad Easle

Hope this does for a fair enough response too. :) If the gem is what (or who) I think it is, I figure it might hold some sort of interest, though in regards to the sisters, good luck getting anywhere with them when the leader of Troy is there. Considering what the country have done to them, seeing the leader there is not going to yield any sort of positive result without some sort of manipulation.

And do remember, no magic affects them. I know we had some things work on them in the facility, but honestly, I think it'd be a little *deus ex machina* if for some reason, Illiad's magic would work on them like it were nothing. Be creative with it, like summoning bolas's and throw them at the two, or nets or something. Sure the magic goes away, but the physical items won't, long as they aren't magically constructed. :)

Then again, no idea what your plans are here. Gonna be interesting. :)

@Blitz Boom

I think it was a very good response, and I hope mine was equally acceptable. If they choose to flee then they could have a small moment alone to realize how the world has changed in their absence. The Consul is willing to talk to them honestly, not that Null would believe him, if they're willing to listen.

I'm trying to think up a way to get them to realize that the world is so very different than what they assume it is, that they've only seen the bad and decided it was the whole world.

ALSO!

Big idea I had, could be a major thing.

Their power seems to be nullifying magic right? What if they were actually just absorbing the magic, and sending it somewhere else? Like magic batteries?

So, we know they share a father, what if their father cast a spell on them as foals to bear the curse, to send that magic to him? He's been using them as a magic battery their whole lives!

This allows them to nullify magic around them, but still have magic within themselves, thus Null could still fly, Void has her Earth pony constitution, but no external magic can effect them, because the curse just takes the energy and sends it to their father to expand his own mana reserves.

This is of course just an idea, and I'll be fine if you don't like it.

@Illiad Easle

I actually love that idea. :D It fits their cutie marks too, that are black holes just spinning each their own way. They are literally sucking in the magic, so to speak. As for why it wouldn't eat curse magic, but just suppress that... Perhaps their father have some sort of purpose that have no room for dark magic? Honestly, I'll leave that detail to you, if we ever get to that point. I'm sure there will be something psycho there. :)

No matter the reason, it still makes for a strange situation with their family, and does bear the question: Did they get born because he needed to have this done, or did their birth somehow force him to do this? Strange things shall one day happen that may answer this.

@Blitz Boom

I almost wish she had tried to attack him, it would have been an interesting scene to write.

As a bit of lore, the desert wanderers are known in Troy as those who live without government, must like the mavericks of Equestria, small colonies of individuals who follow a nomadic lifestyle. They were just approached by an apparent wanderer, and I would like to believe that it is the only group they could get along with, given they typically avoid most of the shackles of civilization and advanced magic as very few are unicorns.

@Illiad Easle

Null tends to bark more than she bites, so to speak, unless an actual danger is presented that may get close enough to try and hurt Void. Something tells me there will be other chances for her to jump him and try to give him the bashing he - in her mind - so rightly deserves. :)

As for the desert folks, they haven't been in Troy since they were 6 years old. and they were usually isolated to their home or near it, which meant they never left the town. Stuff like wanderers are rare sights for them that they can barely remember as it is. Besides, knowing you, this guy is actually some sort of soul eating demon in disguise. :P

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

I saw your post, loved it, but I'm in the process of moving right now, so I may not be able to respond for a little bit. 

Looking forward to it though, they will get the full story that they will likely refuse to believe, should be great!

@Illiad Easle

Nah, it was a good post. :) On a related note though, are there any sharp objects in the premises they are in right now? Null may or may not feel... Inspired, after the riveting tale of how the world were now bleak and barren of hope.

@Blitz Boom

Well, she still has the weapons that they scavenged off the desert...

I'm trying to figure out how she can be made to disassociate the suffering caused by Deep Science and The Grey from the whole of Troy. Equestria suffers from the same issue in The Zoo and The Closet, though to a lesser extent. 

Anyway, let's see how it goes shall we? 

@Illiad Easle

Well, we Did think about introducing their parents at some point. Even without their memories, it'd still mean a massive amount, and if say, by chance, the new Consul have ensured their safety in some manner, or know where to find them and can present them to the sisters, along with potentially some information of their past they didn't know(He had to have known of the sisters being in the facility somehow, and knowing of their papers all the way back from birth would be something he might ave access to) there might be a chance. The two elderly ponies would likely get very confused, but the sisters have the picture of the four of them together, since you allowed for that opportunity. :)

Anyway, just some thoughts here. We'll see as time goes on.

@Blitz Boom

That sounds like a good course of action, finding the scientists that acted as their parents...

I have an idea, and thus a surprise for them on the first transport. 

Say for example, once their scientist parents got wiped out if Deep Science, they became doctors? And have since become medics...

@Illiad Easle

Honestly weren't entirely sure how to go at this, and went over about three different iterations, but I think this works. As written last paragraph is only if the two would be left alone. It can be ignored if you do not plan to have that happen.

Also, congratulations. You finally managed to break Null. :) Good job.

@Blitz Boom

And now that she thought she had nothing left, we bring back in what they lost.

The amulet they have will be crucial.

I also left the descriptions vague as I really shouldn't establish your cannon, you can design them or envision them as you like.