Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Made some descriptions on the fly. I have some semblance of an idea that one of them knows that they're adopted (not to the extend it actually went though), and for that, I figured I'd have some glaring issues that one of them can't just ignore. You know, nothing alike in colors despite sharing the same ones with their sister, and one of them being an earth pony, though none of their parents are. Have fun guessing who is in denial. :)

Also, hope the descriptions are good enough to work with. If ya need more, lemme know, and I will BS something up. :P

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Noted, I think Null wil have quite the time coming to terms with it all. 

So you're aware, I thought up a bit of a backstory for the parents, essentially they were scientists in Celestia's school before they fled to Troy to escape her scientific repression. Then they were assigned to care for the foals given their previous experience in anti magic. 

The way the school worked was that if a scientist ever discovered something that celestia deemed unsafe, they would have their memory of the discovery wiped so as to not unleash it. 

The scientist parents escaped the school before they could be wiped for the anti magic discovery. 

When they were discharged from Deep Science for letting Null and Void escape they were similarly wiped so as to prevent any harmful knowledge from reaching the populous, thus they don't remember them, but are also aware that they're missing large parts of their memories. 

If it pleases you that is. 

@Illiad Easle

Eh, I like the idea, but I do kinda see Celestia's point really. Some science is just too dangerous, and need to be kept down to not end up ruining the whole country.

I will say though, that I could imagine her having some high end scientists, long as they are kept isolated, are insanely loyal to her, and everything they make will go through her, and judged on whatever or not it should be shared and put into society, or kept down until such a time as she would deem it needed. Weapons for instance, might be good to have ready, even if officially, nothing would ever have been made.

I may or may not be referencing a link to a certain explosive filly and the town I have her and her brother come from. :P Though honestly, it still makes sense to me that she'd have a secret facility going somewhere, just in case. Don't wanna loose her upper hoof against Troy, with all their tech and stuff.

Anyway, just my two cents, and considering Equestria is down, will not have any impact on this thread whatsoever anyway. :) Your idea on the mind wiping stuff in neato, and I approve of where it's going. Gonna be interesting to see where we go from here. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Took a while to think up some names for their parents, but I think these should work well. Their mother were a biologist, hence the name she's saddled with. Seemed fitting that a biologist would be attached to watch someone who had an anomaly of the sisters caliber.

Tried to add some more details on the chain of events, but if it goes against what you figure works, lemme know, and we can discuss what I should change it to. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

To add some context to their father's question, I was thinking that he and their mother were trying for a foal, and that their mother would actually be pregnant when they see her the next day, so he's nervous about the prospect of being a father. But, to learn that he's apparently done it already, and that their new foal would have a pair of sisters to help out, is a tremendous relief to him.

If you agree that is, They are technically your characters so I wouldn't want to overstep.

If you don't agree, then the question was purely in an effort to remember the kind of stallion he used to be.

@Illiad Easle

I have no issue with your plan, go for it. :)

Two things of note here though:

1. I did write in a previous post that Caligraphy weren't able to cook to aave his life, which will be reflected in the next post from my side, but do keep in mind that it's been nearly 24 years, and things change.

Which brings me to number 2. The parents are not my characters entirely. I can give descriptions on how they looked, acted, and were, but it's been 24 years and at least one mind wipe since the lot have seen one another, and things can and will change. Just let me handle how they used to be from the perspective of Null and Void, and then you handle the seedy side of things that they were actually part of, and how they are currently.

So yeah, make her pregnant, change her looks around too if you so please, make the two secret griffon cosplayers or whatever you please. Times have changed, and you have the reigns in what way they are now. :) The names are set in stone though. I thought for an hour on those two.

Oh, and one minor thing in case you are planning to go with that angle (never know with you) the *magical guiding* that can help others like the chef, should not work on Null and Void. I'm thinking what their real dad did to them are something far more ingrained that can't be fixed by that sorta thing, and will just take that magic and add it to his reserves.

Anyway, you have your free reigns again, and therefore I expect I will need to prepare for some surprises down the line (Who knows? Perhaps you'll have the parents suddenly remember what happened one day, and make it awkward as all hell or something) so just gonna go and prepare the bunker. :p

and in case it have not been obvious, I am trying to make a post here every day again, but some days might be delayed due to drama elsewhere. Still, I want this show on the road and see what twists and turns you're gonna put us through. :) It'll be fun. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

@Illiad Easle

In case you're wondering why Null sought out the griffon, it's pretty easy really: She wants to die. She just doesn't have it in her to kill herself, even though she kept telling herself for years that when Void were set, she'd off herself to finally let her sister be free, and end her own miserable existence. Considering how deep in the slumps she is now, especially after reaching what she considered the lowest point where she couldn't take more and yet failed to make good on her self imposed promise, she's dragging herself towards beings who she considers might kill her. Since she links the griffon and changeling to the consul, and the consul to the worst evil of them all who only wanted her to suffer and die, seeing them caused her to go to the one with a weapon, thinking below all the layers of depression that perhaps she'd kill her.

Honestly I had planned to have her do something eventually, but my original plan were just that she'd try to walk outside and into the nearest tar creature. Yet you set an opportunity up, so... Here ya go. :P

Figure it were worth mentioning this since, y'know, you might need it too if there's some sort of therapy needed to get her out of it. I'm still undecided on whatever or not their mother could somehow get her out of this slump.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Apologies if I move too quickly, I just don't want to leave you with little to comment on.

And as before, you can feel free to break my post in half and change how it goes, just because I wrote it doesn't mean its all set in stone.

@Illiad Easle

For the record, Null needs something that gives her hope that's strong enough to pull her out of her slump. A reason why just seeing their mother is only enough to stir something, is that she in herself is not enough to give her that much hope. She can't remember them after all, and so far, haven't really done anything that seems motherly either, beyond one comment. She have just mainly talked with their dad.

I am not doing this just to prolong only having one point of view from my chars. :) I'm waiting to see what you'll think of.

@Blitz Boom

Interesting, I'll have to think this one through. 

Anyway, I did see your post and I'm thinking up a response, but between getting over a cold and traveling I didn't have the chance to type it up yet, don't worry I'll get it when I get off work tomorrow. 

@Blitz Boom

There's not too much further to go, at least that's all I have planned.

As to their father, since they're never going to hear this: When the Grey found out about Null and Void being in the compound, they immediately struck a better deal with TrUST to guard the area. Their orders were paramount that nothing happen to them. When they got hurt, the Grey broke into the compound to eliminate those who had released the specimen that caused the attack. And when their scientist parents tried to take them out of TrUST, and thus out of the Grey, they tried to recover them at any cost.

While Grey Mane is a cold and distant stallion, love between generations is not common in the Grey line. Each generation's curse is only broken by producing an heir.

@Illiad Easle

So the only way for them to be free, is to have an offspring? Jeez, no wonder he didn't seem to care much about them, or the mares who birthed them. More or less just seen them as his ticket out of it, though from what you're written here, it seems that in his own, sorta twisted way, cared some for them.

As for the story, we'll see where it goes. What you have planned may soon come to an end, but who knows where things goes from there? Only time will tell. :) Personally I use the *Pulling things out of my rear* approach, and then see if I can convince others later on that it were totally my plan from the very start. :P

@Illiad Easle

For the record, the general is one I run with in my own RP thread, but I figured that I could use her here too just to pad out the post a bit. The royal guard are well enough established, but hey, the coast needs protection too, so I could explain that away easily.

Also, if you want one of those safe havens you spoke off in play at some point, the town where the Coastal Guard headquarters are could be useful for the purpose, provided that the Tartarus spawns doesn't A. Just walk through the water, and B. Is immune to getting attacked by a horde of territorial sharks. One direction, at the very edge of the country, could make for a stronghold. Just putting it out there as it sprung into my head as I were writing this. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Sorry for the delay, I didn't get an email notification when you posted. 

As to your idea, I think the coast guard is pretty cool, well fleshed out at least. 

As to them surviving...

The tar-spawn were Discord's first wave and base troops, but once he took out the princess he had a number of local mob bosses, traitors, lead forces of like minded ponies and others to further his goals, casting the five score spell on all those who resisted. 

The beacons of civilization only survived because of extreme measures:

Archback, the Black Knight called in a favor that Discord owed him, and thus the mountain and those within were spared. 

AEther, they have their own Draconequis, so Discord (and anyone else) can't find them.

Blackwater, an extremely powerful shield rune developed by a millenias old Selena/Disciple, powered by a full hive of Changelings.

Cervidas, natural resistance to magic makes the tar-spawn ineffective and the spell fails, basically not worth the effort

Troy, literally killed Discord to survive. 

I'm not saying it's impossible that some group survived there, I'm just saying they'd need an impressive story given their being very close to Equestria.

As an idea, If they went down the coast to North Port, then they'd have the help of the mercenaries there. 

@Illiad Easle

The Coastal Guard have a good number who would sooner die than to leave their sharks behind, so long as they could direct them down to North Port, it could function.

Story could be something along the lines of: When Discord's attacked, those who could tried to flee towards the coasts to try and get away from the attackers. The Coastal Guard, stationed in many cities around the coast, would be there to take in any refugee they could and fight back the spawns from Tartarus and what else came their way the best they could, whilst getting the refugees on boats to have them traverse to safer lands. Many of the towns along the coast would sooner or later perish, and scattered survivors of all sorts would make it to the besieged town of Shark Bay, where the headquarters of the Coastal Guard stood.

They would be in peril themselves, and have suffered heavy casualties throughout the attacks, and know that they couldn't stay there. In a last, desperate attempt to fulfill their duty, a dozen of volunteers decided to remain in town to keep the barricades up as best they could, and create the illusion that there were still plenty of beings inside town. Meanwhile, Tidal Wave would direct all the survivors on to boats, rafts, and whatever else that could float them, and have the remaining Coastal Guard members direct as many sharks with them as they could, then keep them in check and try to make them function as a sort of protective duty for them.

Since their remaining ships and such wouldn't be good on the long trips across the ocean, they would be forced to try and make their way down the coast to find if there were any settlement further down south, where the areas had more natural defenses against attackers. The trip would claim several casualties, including a good portion of their sharks, a few creatures to shark attacks from sharks too feral or scared to know better, which then had to be put down, and several more to varied attackers from the shores. Even if they would pick the occasional desperate survivor up here and there, less than a fourth of the minor fleet they had assembled would make their way down to North Point. Around two dozen guards of varied origins, four-five dozen beings, 8-12 sharks, and Tidal Wave herself, who would begrudgingly approach the mercenaries and negotiate some degree of truce between them. There were safety in numbers, so they would be able to come to an agreement eventually, and the groups have mingled together and helped keep a small bastion of safety down there for the past three years, with varying degree's of success.

Tidal Wave would be the last remaining general in Equestria, and the few guards who still lives, be they Solar, Night, or Coastal, answers to her, yet as you put it, the kingdom is gone, and as such, her former title is mostly meaningless now, though it does help to instill some degree of hope in certain members of the survivors, and again, keeps the ones clinging to their guard training in check and organized, which would be crucial for keeping their position safe. Having military expertise and trainers to make sure that everyone would be able to fight or do something useful to keep them all alive, should be enticing for the mercenaries, though of course, if this war ever ended, they would likely have made an agreement on something they'd get. You could figure out what that might be.

How North Point still stands could well be because of the area naturally being easier to protect, because of the topology, as well as several trinkets and artifacts the mercenaries might have had at hand at the time+what some survivors might have been able to bring with them.

Something like this?

Also, won't be able to post tonight. Very late, and barely finished the big post in my own thread, so... Yeah, delay until tomorrow, and I can't promise it won't get sporadic in the weekend. Visiting family.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Your story sounds reasonable enough, Though they won't be able to stay in North Port for long. After most of Equestria falls is when Discord turns to Troy and the other neighboring nations such as the griffon kingdoms. North Port would be besieged much in the same way that Shark Bay was, but with more boats, and they would all decide to move to South Port, leaving all at once, the small ships first while the gunboats provide cover until they are either destroyed or leave themselves, a bit more successful, but not by much.

The journey to South Port is filled with much of the same dangers as before, though with the previous experience and the expertise of the mercenaries, they make it with fewer casualties.

In this version, since Troy didn't fall, Discord was unable to push further south, so South Port remained relatively untouched, and is now the only port with access to the Cervidian continent.

If you can agree with that, then I find your canon admissible to the story here.

In the regular version, where Troy did fall, the gathered mercenaries and ponies at South Port still manage to survive for a time, but eventually they have to leave too, about 3-5 years into what the survivors call Discord's reign, they hear word of a safe haven in Cervidas, and decide to leave the same way they did before. More casualties as the sea has grown unruly after years of unstable and inconsistent tides, but they are able to reach the zebrican coast of Cervidas, and from there could make their way inland to the llamas, or remain for another few years with the zebra on the southern coast, where they would be able to hide until the 25 years have passed.

If you can agree with that, then I can add your coast guard to the official Trojan Cannon, I know it isn't much, but I like to collect well written stories and characters to build them into my own version of the world.

@Illiad Easle

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, and makes sense in both histories. I can imagine that in regular version though, unless they would lose the rest of their sharks, the former guards at least would stay with the zebras at the coast, and manage to keep a population of them growing as the years passed. It's kinda their stick in my head for some reason, with the shark wrestling being mostly a tourist thing and to show dominance, whereas regularly, they try to make companions out of them. You try to intimidate a pony riding a shark. :P

Oh, you might need this too.

pL2QDWu.png

This here's Tidal Wave. At least when Equestria still stood. Just imagine a lightweight aqua-blue, rust-free, piece of armor on her, matching the shoes, and a trident, and you got the whole look. She's in her early twenties here. Figured this'd help long term in case this ever comes up for some reason. :) Never know where things goes.

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

So here's the idea, 900 somehow got inside one of them, and the latent connection that exists between all of the Grey line allows it to move between the two of them, which is how it brought them both to the same dream.

However it got in, it can't get back out, nor does it want to as being in there keeps it safe from the deity it failed when it was first trapped within. I'll let you decide where on their adventures they got 'possessed'.

Now, Selena is going to use a summoning circle to draw at least part of 900 out to where she can touch it, and use it as a bridge into their minds, which would theoretically trap her inside as well. Illiad would then, at the signal of either Null or Void at Selena's direction, adjust the summoning circle to bring her back out and return her to her body.

Unless you have a more plausible solution?