Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I'll come back then. Once I start to get the hang of this. Thanks for your time... Ma'am."

The mare simply nodded at Null's farewell, following her as far as the exit to the tent where they parted ways, the mare returning to overseeing the ongoing training of the guards.

where she had met the griffon earlier

(Can't say I remember where this was, did you mean the brothers?)

(Regardless, I didn't plan for her to run into anyone)

She was not interrupted in her training, while a few watched as she did the more complicated stretches, no one stayed around for longer than a few moments before moving on, faster if Null shooed them away with her eyes.

"You know, many of these stretches bear a strong resemblance to the ones in the memories we received, I suppose the differences could be due to the different body proportions between you and Princess Luna. I'll keep that in mind when it comes to other motions as you are much lighter than she was."

(Void)

2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

There's been enough pointless bloodshed over that. Surely they'd understand that, and not try to reopen old wounds."

Their mother nodded, the seriousness of it on her face, "Indeed, the Summer War was not pleasant on either side. Hooves was the Consul then, he retired immediately after it ended and moved to the Cervidian continent to: 'Try and undo some of the damage'. Easle was the Vice-Consul then, I don't think he wants things to go back to the way things were then, he's always wanted to make things better, he strove for better cooperation between the two nations back then, so I've no doubt he'll do the same now."

(The General)

Wadda ya? Willing to hear us out, Consul Easel?

Illiad smiled, but waved for her to put her hoof down, "Let's save the shaking for when we've come to an agreement shall we? Though given what you've said I don't think it will take very long. I do appreciate that my fame has preceded me, but I hope that it doesn't get in the way of our negotiations."

He pulled out a paper he had been working on while she gave her speech. "It's not everything, but it's a start, and the extent of my abilities without the council, to get more you'll need to present your case to them in a more formal and quantitative manner, but I do approve of you meeting with them in the near future. Or in other words, We are willing to hear you out."

He passed the paper over to the General for her to look over. "This what I can give you now to get started. You and those belonging to this R.O.C. are free to pass through our territory provided you agree to be subject to our laws while within our territory. Furthermore it declares that we accept the claim of the R.O.C. to the territory pertaining to North Port, you will be free to do as you wish there, and we will not hinder your efforts to move troops, civilians, and supplies through our territory there and wherever else you need."

He leaned back, "As it pertains to trade however, given that you would like to remain an independent force, you'll have to be subject to the Trojan Trade Commission for any exchange of resources or trade routes, especially since I don't believe you have presently the funds to simply buy the materials outright. That is why you'll have to meet with the Council, to convince them that such an investment on our part is worth the cost of sending the resources and laborers necessary to accomplish your goal. I would be glad to speak in your favor at said meeting, but you'll have to prepare well, the Council may not be as open minded as I am."

Illiad then extended his hoof to her, "If you find that arrangement agreeable?"

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

(I meant the brothers, yes)

On 4/30/2020 at 3:07 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"You know, many of these stretches bear a strong resemblance to the ones in the memories we received, I suppose the differences could be due to the different body proportions between you and Princess Luna. I'll keep that in mind when it comes to other motions as you are much lighter than she was."

"Compared to Princess Luna, I look like an infant. Only thing I never liked about the princesses. They just made me feel even worse about this tiny, foal-like husk."

She had a lot to respect about the princesses, but Null couldn't exactly avoid the fact that they had irked her with just how tall they were. At the best of times, feeling like a constant foal were annoying enough as it were, since she had to actually stand on top of her sister or drag someone down to her level just to have a chance at looking them face to face, but with the princesses, she had felt like little more than an infant, or some sort of lower life form. A tiny morsel, standing in front of an actual pony, and she had felt more miserable than usual.

That however, were not something that any sort of deal could fix. She were stuck this size, and had to live with seeing things from the dirt wherein many had commented she belonged in. Comments like that really weren't helping her accept her minute status.

(Void)

"We had a few at the forge talk about the Summer Wars. Nothing I heard about it sounded good."

She had actively avoided asking too many questions when it were brought up, considering the first thing she had heard were related to a rather bloody confrontation between Troy and Equestria. Just another in the constant, warring story between them... And to think, that even as the end of the world came knocking on their door, the two could still not see past things and unite. And where had that brought them? To the brink of ruin, with so little left now to rebuild and repopulate. And that were just among the ponies. Griffons, dragons, dryads, deer, etc. were likely in a worse position, with them being lesser populations than the large equine collection that had previously held the highest numbers.

She had seen dragons and griffons here though. Along with deer, and one minotaur she had seen dragging a cart of supplies last week, that had looked like he really just wanted to go grab a bottle, and never let go of it again. Dryads though, were still a no show. No surprise in Troy really, since there were so much desert and their kind loathed that sort of environment, but it still made her worry that their kind could potentially be completely eradicated now. Perhaps when one day she went into the world, she could try and see if she could find any trace of some of them, hiding in the deepest, inhospitable parts of some large woods, trying to protect what animals remained.

*Sigh* There would be much to do and see in due time, but for now, she really should focus on her own family and their well being. What else were out there, would come in due time, with or without her joining up with Mercy.

"One of the Trojans talked about parts of it that included the Coastal Guard. Considering his wounds, it must've been a pretty nasty confrontation. I hope that's not being held over the general's head."

(General Tidal Wave)

"We agree to your terms so far, Consul Easle. Only fair that we should follow the laws of the land, though during the deeper talk at some point in the future, we're gonna have to talk about some of the things we're likely to be doing up near North Point. Some points of tradition from both the mercenaries and former Coastal Guards that're considered to be important to us, that I don't think violates any sort of law, but I'm just laying out there that we'll be open about any sort of inquiries about these kinda things. We wanna get off on the right hoof with Troy."

She'd fold and stash the piece of paper inside her armor, where it'd be safe until she could return to South Point with it. The others were gonna be happy to hear that at least they'd be willing to be heard out, and had tentative support, long as they went along with the law of the land, and were willing to lend a hoof if they were called for. Pretty much the deal they had with Equestria too, before they were invited to join up with the throne and they split into two factions, so they could likely work with this just fine. Tidal at least had no intentions of splitting up like that again, that were for sure.

"I'll level with you here though, alright mate? I'm sending somepony else to deal with the nitty gritty of the finer details when we can arrange a proper meeting. His name's Ink Maester. A good stallion, who takes these sorta things real seriously, and remains focused on the task at hoof. He'll have our full authority to start off making up a proper agreement between us.

That being said, he's not a former Coastal Guard, or really anything like the sort. He used to run with the mercenaries that split from us when the majority of the old Ocean Coalition decided to join into an agreement with the throne, and well... There's a lotta worry from their side about you. Concern that they're gonna be punished for not exactly being the best ponies back in the day, which is why none of 'em joined me to go to Troy either. I only had one former guard come along, and he had to go to the infirmary from being stung by a scorpion. Luckily for me, Convoy here's been a real pal, and taken over for the time being."

She'd give a nod with the head towards her companion, probably still standing guard and doing the whole *silent protector* thing, that the Solar and Night nights tended to practice a lot. Nothing against him for that though. Whatever worked for him, right? And she really were happy that he were here. Made it good to have somepony with her, and thankfully, far as she heard, her first travel partner were doing fine. He just needed a few hours of rest after getting some antidote, and he'd be back up and running.

"So yeah, we're gonna have to have a chat about that. And regarding that Council of yours, I'm ready to stand up to them, and talk our case if it is. I know I'm probably not the most beloved figure any of 'em's ever seen, but that ain't no reason to hide. I'll confront the issue and see what comes of it.

I'll tell you this right away though, the others are more than happy to extend the same hoof of cooperation as we once did to Equestria, before the split. We'd keep our independence, but help in what ways we can from the ocean. Be it protecting a shipment, deal with monsters or invaders trying to get inland, or lend a hoof if you need some more folks at an event to keep things in check.

Especially that second point's gonna be something to keep in mind. Trust me on this: The ocean's not as serene and calm as it looks. A lotta dangerous stuff down there, and now that the surface ain't as dangerous anymore, whatever's been hiding down there will start to trickle up. We've already seen a few surprises down at South Point."

The cringe on her face told that it weren't something nice either. Which it weren't, really. The only good thing she had to say about the war from Tartarus in the last bundle of years, were that it had kept the nastier things way down below the waves, where they wouldn't be caught up in things. Three days ago though, they saw their first sea serpent again, and while he were a pushover who got trounced before he could hurt anypony badly, and eventually apologized to them all, she knew that he were just a sign of what were to come. Most obviously to her: Sirens. Nasty things the lot of 'em, and the very reason the Ocean Coalition had been made in the first place. The three sisters had made it abundantly clear that in an emergency, the beach dwellers were on their own because the Royal Guards were too slow to respond to something since they focused on the princesses first.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Compared to Princess Luna, I look like an infant. Only thing I never liked about the princesses. They just made me feel even worse about this tiny, foal-like husk."

"Compared to the princesses, most looked like foals. Perhaps that's why they treated their subjects like children? Regardless, you're not hollow, you're full to bursting with more spirit and rage than most adults have in their full lifetime."

(Void)

15 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"One of the Trojans talked about parts of it that included the Coastal Guard. Considering his wounds, it must've been a pretty nasty confrontation. I hope that's not being held over the general's head."

Their mother shook her head, "He doesn't seem like the kind to do that, not with how hard he tried to get Troy to move in Equestria's defense at the start of the crisis. I think things will work out well between them."

(The General)

Some points of tradition from both the mercenaries and former Coastal Guards that're considered to be important to us, that I don't think violates any sort of law, but I'm just laying out there that we'll be open about any sort of inquiries about these kinda things. We wanna get off on the right hoof with Troy.

Illiad nodded, "Of course, you'll be completely free from Trojan jurisdiction in your own territory, free to set your own laws and follow your own culture."

That being said, he's not a former Coastal Guard, or really anything like the sort. He used to run with the mercenaries that split from us when the majority of the old Ocean Coalition decided to join into an agreement with the throne, and well... There's a lotta worry from their side about you. Concern that they're gonna be punished for not exactly being the best ponies back in the day, which is why none of 'em joined me to go to Troy either. I only had one former guard come along, and he had to go to the infirmary from being stung by a scorpion. Luckily for me, Convoy here's been a real pal, and taken over for the time being."

Illiad smirked a bit, "I think you forget that at least some of them were on our side during the Summer War. Nonetheless, provided they have no outstanding warrants for their arrest they shouldn't have any issues with us. If they do however, for instance being murderers or other such, it'd be best if you didn't move them through Trojan territory. I won't be able to pardon them all without the Council revolting."

Especially that second point's gonna be something to keep in mind. Trust me on this: The ocean's not as serene and calm as it looks. A lotta dangerous stuff down there, and now that the surface ain't as dangerous anymore, whatever's been hiding down there will start to trickle up. We've already seen a few surprises down at South Point."

Illiad nodded gravely, "That's exactly why we'd need such a coalition like you present, and we're not the only ones who'd benefit so we don't intend to monopolize you like Equestria tried to. I think it would be in the best interest of all involved if the R.O.C. remained neutral in keeping the trade waters safe."

That said, Illiad stood and gave a slight bow, "If that's all you need from me now, I'll await the arrival of your diplomat. The Council should be able to meet with you in a few weeks if not sooner, but you should feel free to get started on moving your citizens and laying out specific plans for the town. The more detailed and reasonable your plans the more likely the council will approve of the necessary loans and investments."

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

"I can be filled with buggering rainbows and breezies, and it still won't change how small this body is. I doubt you have any idea how hard it is to try and live around others, when you have to look up at everyone, and no one takes you seriously unless you get violent. Luna were one of the few who didn't treat me like a foal, or some sort of useless cripple. And Celestia was... Fine."

She liked Celestia, but it were hard to argue against the princess being somewhat patronizing. She had just thought off it more as her trying to be kind and open, but looking on it, it were hard not to think that Luna's slight concern, yet still courteous welcome, were the more adult way. Though in fairness, they had both lived for so long, that most pretty much were foals to them.

Nine might understand - since he were in her head - that she were also bitter about her size since it severely limited her dating pool. No one she had met, that didn't think she were a pariah of some sort, had any sort of interest in her. Why would they? She were a nobody. A cripple hanging around her little sister, whom she were really sick and tired of being told were her mother. Seriously, soon as they had passed into around twelve-thirteen, and got interested in colts, the eyes were only ever on Void, whilst Null were just seen as her little sister, and eventual daughter. Not an actual adult who might have some wants of her own.

It were surprisingly hard to find other small ponies like herself out there. At least the places she had been, though there had been a couple she could mention. One of them tried stabbing her, and the other one had looked pretty dead in that cage they had found him in. Beyond that, no luck.

"Peh, whatever. There's work to be done."

There had been enough stretching for now, so she'd head back to the workshop. Probably something there she could do for a few hours whilst she semi-relaxed. Might be something in the non-essential box, or someone there looking for help.

(Void)

"He did? I thought he would've pushed to keep out of things. We never really looked into the politics that much between Troy and Equestria. I mean, we sorta talked about it, but we weren't in Equestria for long, and back here in Troy, it all sorta sounded like propaganda. A little too harsh to sound real sometimes, you know?

...You were in both places, right mom? Were it bad with misinformation on both sides? And were there... I mean, were Troy or Equestria the ones that were right, or did they both have problems in this feud?"

(General Tidal Wave)

On 5/2/2020 at 4:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I think you forget that at least some of them were on our side during the Summer War. Nonetheless, provided they have no outstanding warrants for their arrest they shouldn't have any issues with us. If they do however, for instance being murderers or other such, it'd be best if you didn't move them through Trojan territory. I won't be able to pardon them all without the Council revolting."

"So that's fine with most then. The general ones are stuff like a bit of roughing up, dunken disorderly, and y'know, working a bit harsh. Murder isn't an issue... Long as kinda look away from Drizzle Gleam. He uh... He got history, but he's been a good asset, and managed to turn his life around massively. I'll just have him teleported in after we passed through Trojan area or something like that. Ain't too hard putting a beacon on him and get a singular being through. If that ain't working, small boat and a long trip around."

Drizzle had once had a peculiar nickname in the outskirts of Troy, about eight years ago before he all of a sudden vanished without a trace. That being *The Glitterer*. It sounded cute, but the aftermath of those whom he had experimented on and left as melting piles of rubbery bones and oddly, glittering goo, were far from being as cute looking as it sounded like. Especially if you got there before the body had melted very far. The sight were... Disturbing, to put it mildly.

He had still been a problem after escaping judgement by hiding in Equestria, but after the crisis had forced him to come running to South Point for shelter, he had been forced to make a choice: Be useful, or make trouble, and get thrown out. So he had abandoned his experiments, put his effort into more proper medical practices, and actually gotten to a point where he now tirelessly lead the medical team, and had done so for a few years. Under a close eye for most of the time since he were picked up of course, since a few Trojans had been aware of him, and tipped the leadership off, but he had proven his loyalty in times since then, and far as the Ocean Coalition were concerned, him continuously saving life were a good penance for his past crimes. Best not to pass him through Troy though, just in case.

"That's exactly why we'd need such a coalition like you present, and we're not the only ones who'd benefit so we don't intend to monopolize you like Equestria tried to. I think it would be in the best interest of all involved if the R.O.C. remained neutral in keeping the trade waters safe."

"We lost out independence to some degree by working along with Equestria, and got fractured in the process. There were a good reason for it back then, but I can guarantee you that I for one, ain't gonna let it happen again. Also, it was part of the agreement when we reformed, that it'd be inscribed in our ground rules that our independence to any throne were mandatory. One of our agreed upon foundations, though we're more than happy to start talking assistance. We're just not gonna be in a slot where we can be pulled to one side and forced into a war again, or something like that. I still regret the last one Equestria pulled us into..."

It were a painful thorn that she hated being there, but it were just a fact. She had been the leader, and no matter what she did after the fact, it were ultimately her responsibility. She should've known better, or responded differently during the escalating conflict itself. Perhaps she could've saved some more soldiers on both sides that way... Some of the civilians too...

It had actually lead to quite a tussle in the leadership at the base in Shark Bay, with mutterings going that nopony were feeling great about what had gone on, and would've liked to not been part of it to begin with. The crisis happening truly tore things apart, but without it? She could honestly have seen them eventually pulling somewhat away from Equestria again within the decade regardless, to avoid being dragged into something like this.

Unless one of those who had thirsted for vengeance had gotten in charge, in which case they would've gotten in even bigger problem, and likely ended up with an even more fractured guard, where a lot would leave to join their former brethren, or outright retire from service entirely. Maybe go the route of vigilantism. it were hard to say, as the opinions had been pretty varied.

That said, Illiad stood and gave a slight bow, "If that's all you need from me now, I'll await the arrival of your diplomat. The Council should be able to meet with you in a few weeks if not sooner, but you should feel free to get started on moving your citizens and laying out specific plans for the town. The more detailed and reasonable your plans the more likely the council will approve of the necessary loans and investments.

Tidal shook her head to try and get the dark clouds out of her path. There were work to do, and it sounded like this part of it at least, were about to end for the time being. She had to stay focused.

"Alright, that sounds nice and painless. We'll get plans sorted, and prepare Ink for his trip. Give him like... A week, eight day's, and he should be ready. Paper pusher type. Likes to have everything sorted in advance and recheck to make sure it's all there and set up right.

And you know, just gonna put it out there, that we ain't gonna go overboard. We'll get the necessities for a base set up, with houses fitting the numbers of folks we have now, and then start preparing for the future ourselves. Long as we got the essentials for the original folks ready, we'll be able to prepare properly."

Planting trees, getting resources, etc. were things they'd have to do, but the first arrival were gonna be the issue. Depended a lot on what were left of North Point that could be salvaged too, which they had to go and check up on within the next few days if possible. Would be a whole lot easier if they had something like the Evergrown living in the area, like they had about twenty kilometers from Shark Bay, since those folks tended to maintain their forest areas as well as any dryad, but last time she'd been in North Point, there hadn't been any sign of the elusive folks, and she doubted that had changed since. Not that they liked showing normally either, after the whole debacle some centuries back where some ponies started to harvest them for their essence, since it worked as a hyper-efficient fertilizer. Had made 'em go back to hiding near those big ol' trees they considered sacred, and covered their scattered towns in heavy illusions, to keep to themselves.

Tidal had always kept hope that she could get contact with them one day, and try and convince them that things had gotten better, and that they'd be protected, but there just hadn't been the time for it sadly. Not with the crisis.

*sigh* Poor things. Hopefully the Tartarus spawn and Discord hadn't been able to break through and find all of their scattered holy trees and villages. They'd been through enough in their relatively short, six centuries of existence, without having to be put in history books as just another extinct species.

Anyway, the Concil were probably busy, and she might be wasting his time, so she'd give him a salute and get ready to go about her own, merry little way. Although... Y'know, couldn't hurt to ask, right?

"Mind me asking: With all these folks starting to poke their heads out and travel again, have you seen anypony claiming to be part of the Crimson Claw Disciples? Few months before North Point fell, we got a messenger claiming to be part of some minor survivor group with that name, managing to keep the spawn away from their area. Unlucky sap were sadly on the brink, after a nasty bite from a Granite Adder that were left untreated for too long, but before he died, he urged us to find his group. Something about them looking for other survivors, though he never got the full story through. Petrification were overtaking him, so we did the humane thing. Never heard from that group again, but with the influx... I dunno, just got a little curious I suppose. No skin off my back if you don't though, Consul Easle."

He probably hadn't heard of them. Not a whole lot had made it through the last bundle of years, and what were the odds of some obscure group doing it? Much less suddenly being here? Peh, she were probably wasting his time with this.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"I can be filled with buggering rainbows and breezies, and it still won't change how small this body is. I doubt you have any idea how hard it is to try and live around others, when you have to look up at everyone, and no one takes you seriously unless you get violent. Luna were one of the few who didn't treat me like a foal, or some sort of useless cripple. And Celestia was... Fine."

Nine was a bit wounded by the comment, but shrugged it off, "I remember that while I know much about you, you really don't know anything about me. You remember that I fit inside you, so I'm smaller even than you, and that's rather small for a specter. Stars, Seen's the size of a full sized pony and even they're on the small side of typical specters. I was the runt of my set, just barely large enough for full consciousness. It's only due to my King's supreme mercy that I was allowed to continue rather than being reabsorbed. So yeah, I think I can understand what it's like. You feel you always have to prove yourself, show everyone you're not as weak and helpless as they think."

or someone there looking for help.

Sure enough someone was waiting outside the shop for her to arrive, or rather her or her sister to arrive, it was the receptionist buck from the hospital, the one with the ever growing false leg, which seemed to be a bit overgrown from the last time they had met, his limp a bit worse from the last time as well as he walked over to her. "Hey! I've seen some of your work on the others, real top notch stuff. I was wondering if you might have a moment to help me as well?" he gestured to his leg. "I know it's a bit different from what you're likely used to, but the legs you've carved look so much better than I've ever been able to do for myself... I can pay well."

(Void)

...You were in both places, right mom? Were it bad with misinformation on both sides? And were there... I mean, were Troy or Equestria the ones that were right, or did they both have problems in this feud?"

Their mom looked contemplative for a moment, "I'd say they both had their flaws, no nation is perfect after all, especially when they're led by imperfect creatures. Troy may have been a bit over the top with how they described Equestria, but I think they made a proper distinction between Equestrians and Equestria. The Trojans were never mean towards your father and I when we came over, though we did have to correct some of the information they had on Equestrian government. I'm led to believe our experience was common to most Equestrians entering Troy. On the other side, Equestrian history books state that Troy was destroyed during Nightmare Moon's reign, and remained that way until the Summer War when that information was corrected. As it pertained to the war, the conflict between Equestria and Troy only started because they were allied to opposing sides. It started as just the Cervidian Civil War after all, and despite the Hawks' calls for it there were no battles fought on the Trojan-Equestrian border. No Trojan died on Equestrian soil nor vice-versa. After the peace accord at the end of the Summer War the relationship of the two nations was much more friendly than it had been before, which is why the Consul wanted to help them during the crisis."

(General)

have you seen anypony claiming to be part of the Crimson Claw Disciples?

Illiad thought for a moment, "I don't recall hearing anything about that group, but I'm not screening everyone that enters the city. I'll ask around in Customs and Immigration if they've had anyone claiming to belong to said group, I'll let you know if I find anything in that regard."

@EQ_Theta

(Null)

On 5/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I remember that while I know much about you, you really don't know anything about me. You remember that I fit inside you, so I'm smaller even than you, and that's rather small for a specter. Stars, Seen's the size of a full sized pony and even they're on the small side of typical specters. I was the runt of my set, just barely large enough for full consciousness. It's only due to my King's supreme mercy that I was allowed to continue rather than being reabsorbed. So yeah, I think I can understand what it's like. You feel you always have to prove yourself, show everyone you're not as weak and helpless as they think."

Null were honestly not sure what to say, as she felt a mixture of shock over what she were hearing, remorse over her own words, and a bit of empathy for Nine. A mixture she were not used to dealing with, and she frankly did not like it. Made her feel all... Guilty and stuff. Urgh.

"I uhm... Sorry. Didn't think about that."

Apologizing. Something she'd had to do a lot in recent days, since she kept putting her hoof in her muzzle. Difference now being that she couldn't just leave everyone she got into a tussle with in the back mirror and ignore them as just some ignorant locals. Nope. They were now neighbors, townsfolks, and generally troubled enough beings who she might end up leaving behind, but her family had to keep dealing with them, so she couldn't just go around causing a lot of ill will without thinking anymore.

It weren't easy though, and as such, she had to apologize now and again, which to some tended to sound a little phoney, since she couldn't keep proper eye contact or say it right all that much. Turns out living a life of someone not allowing themselves to show weakness, and a knack for pushing others away, did not prepare you for normal, social situations. Go figure.

"I guess you understand it more than I thought. I'll try and keep that in mind."

Not just the perception, but the whole *runt of the litter* situation too. Perhaps Nine being stuck in her head were a better outcome than she had given it credit for at first. Turns out that for a karmic companion, he were probably the one who'd she be able to get along with the best, considering he knew some of what her misery felt like, via his own observations and experiences.

She'd ask him about this king that had been brought up some time before, but at the time she didn't feel awkward about things anymore, they had reached the workshop, and she saw that there were someone waiting for either her, or Void. Considering who it were, it actually seemed like it'd be her, since woodwork were not a strong point of Void's.

"Hey! I've seen some of your work on the others, real top notch stuff. I was wondering if you might have a moment to help me as well?" he gestured to his leg. "I know it's a bit different from what you're likely used to, but the legs you've carved look so much better than I've ever been able to do for myself... I can pay well."

Yep, it were for her alright. And for the issue she had brought up earlier on, which seemed to have gotten worse. How quickly did this thing grow, exactly? And where did you even get a leg like that? Were this a Dryad leg or something? Rough if it were. Those creatures did not seem willing to let go of body parts, though really, who were willing to do that? An organ here and there were one thing, but a leg something else entirely.

"Yeah, I can have a look on it. Gonna need some details first though. Like what that leg even is, since it keeps growing? If the magic's not too ingrained, I'll end up getting rid of it when I work on it. Just how it goes. If it's a curse, it's just gonna go dormant while I work."

She'd unlock the door and wander into the shop were most of it were in a pretty decent state. They'd cleaned up the essentials earlier, so besides a few cutting tools on Null's bench that she hadn't felt like reaching up on the wall with, it were about as clean as you could get in a town like this.

"Also, what sorta style are you going for? Some like to put a spin on their own design. Like carvings instead of tattoos, some varnish to give it color, that sorta thing. Sometimes a little further, if they wanna grab things or something."

The grabbing were still a prototype, but so far, the griffon had not been around complaining yet, so a tentative success for the time being? Yet that were but one potential style, and more befitting of griffons. This one might actually want something like an emblazoned peg leg, with a hook design carved into it, because - and she quoted - *Pirates are real cool.*. Only one she had run into that actually preferred a peg leg, but who could tell if there weren't more? Some beings were weird.

(Void)

"I honestly thought it were a lot more bloody and horrendous, with how others kept talking about it. I guess... Not listening in properly might've clouded my judgement on this a little. Though really, it's just good to hear that there aren't a lot of invasions and pointless bloodshed from that to worry about. There'd probably be someone carrying a grudge over that, and it wouldn't make it easier for anyone."

(General Tidal Wave)

Illiad thought for a moment, "I don't recall hearing anything about that group, but I'm not screening everyone that enters the city. I'll ask around in Customs and Immigration if they've had anyone claiming to belong to said group, I'll let you know if I find anything in that regard."

"They're wearing this sorta marking looking like a curved, red claw. Should be easy enough to see if it is, and if you do, be cautious. Not sure what their deal is, but the *disciples* part of their name's striking me like they're some sorta cult. Lotta bad news with those.

Anyway, wasted enough of your time Consul Easle. It's been a pleasure."

Another salute given, and unless he had more to say, she'd direct Convoy to follow her back where they came from, outside, and down the nearest path that seemed to go away from the building. Throughout it, she looked as happy as a clam, but soon as she sensed they were out of the range of the place and its guard, she let out a deep, large sigh, and keeled over a little.

"Phew, that was a load off my shoulders. The others are gonna be thrilled to hear that we got a chance at least, long as we don't go 'round doing something stupid."

She hadn't shown it, but she had honestly been pretty nervous about this whole thing. If he had said no, or that he wanted her to surrender to their prison for her past actions or something, they could've been in a big issue. Troy were the best ally they could get if they wanted to move materials, assert themselves, and rebuild North Point. Without their cooperation - even if slight - they would have had a lot harder getting anything done. What a bloody relief that this were over with for the time being.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"You couldn't have known, no need to apologize."

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Yeah, I can have a look on it. Gonna need some details first though. Like what that leg even is, since it keeps growing? If the magic's not too ingrained, I'll end up getting rid of it when I work on it. Just how it goes. If it's a curse, it's just gonna go dormant while I work."

The buck nodded, "Of course! This whole thing came about from some rather unique circumstances, so I doubt you've ever seen anything like it, even I don't know exactly how it works, if it's magic or not, but I guess I can live with it not growing anymore if it comes to that. If you look here," he'd turn about to give Null a better view of it, pointing to where it met his fur, "you can see it sort of melds into my skin, going underneath. When I was a much younger buck, pretty much a fawn, I lost my original leg in a stupid accident, it was removed all they way up to the socket. I was far from my glen then, would likely have died had some zebra doctor not found me. They cleaned the wound but put some sort of strange seed they pulled out of a potion in the empty socket where the bone used to be. I thought it was just to keep there from being a pit there, but a few days later it sprouted out of the stitches, and it's been growing ever since. I started carving it once it was thick enough to support my weight and long enough to touch the ground, and it's worked as a good leg ever since. Keeping the leaves off it grows slower, but I never found the doctor again to find out what exactly they did."

"Also, what sorta style are you going for? Some like to put a spin on their own design. Like carvings instead of tattoos, some varnish to give it color, that sorta thing. Sometimes a little further, if they wanna grab things or something."

The buck pondered for a bit, "I, hadn't thought of that. I'll have to get back to you on that as there is a certain pattern that comes to mind, but I'll have to show it to you. For now though, I'd like it to look as natural as possible, you might as well use my other leg as a reference, given I can't remove it I kind of have to be present while you do it."

(Void)

"I honestly thought it were a lot more bloody and horrendous, with how others kept talking about it. I guess... Not listening in properly might've clouded my judgement on this a little. Though really, it's just good to hear that there aren't a lot of invasions and pointless bloodshed from that to worry about. There'd probably be someone carrying a grudge over that, and it wouldn't make it easier for anyone."

Their mother shook her head, "Don't get me wrong, the war was bloody and terrible, just that most of the fighting happened on the Cervidian continent, hundreds to thousands died on both sides before it was over. But one thing that is central to Trojan culture is their deep respect for the dead, especially those who died in combat. They have a saying: 'I may not agree with you, but I admire your willingness to die for it.' That's why they have graves in the Dead Oasis for both sides of the war, even their war for independence. To most Trojans Equestria is dead, and therefore ought to be respected in death, so I don't think they'll pose much opposition."

(The General)

Anyway, wasted enough of your time Consul Easle. It's been a pleasure."

Illiad shook his head, "Not at all General, the pleasure's been all mine."

"Phew, that was a load off my shoulders. The others are gonna be thrilled to hear that we got a chance at least, long as we don't go 'round doing something stupid."

Convoy shrugged, "Even if you did do something stupid, I think the Consul's relieved to have North Port off his plate. Before you showed up there was talk amongst the Trojan guard of going up there themselves. Now that the Coalition is going to take care of it they don't have to worry about it as much."

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 5/6/2020 at 5:21 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The buck nodded, "Of course! This whole thing came about from some rather unique circumstances, so I doubt you've ever seen anything like it, even I don't know exactly how it works, if it's magic or not, but I guess I can live with it not growing anymore if it comes to that. If you look here," he'd turn about to give Null a better view of it, pointing to where it met his fur, "you can see it sort of melds into my skin, going underneath. When I was a much younger buck, pretty much a fawn, I lost my original leg in a stupid accident, it was removed all they way up to the socket. I was far from my glen then, would likely have died had some zebra doctor not found me. They cleaned the wound but put some sort of strange seed they pulled out of a potion in the empty socket where the bone used to be. I thought it was just to keep there from being a pit there, but a few days later it sprouted out of the stitches, and it's been growing ever since. I started carving it once it was thick enough to support my weight and long enough to touch the ground, and it's worked as a good leg ever since. Keeping the leaves off it grows slower, but I never found the doctor again to find out what exactly they did."

Zebra-grown wooden leg? Sure, why not? Those creatures could do basically every other thing according to the rumors she'd heard in her time, so why not just add this to the list, and keep it in the folder marked *Seriously?*.

There had been so many stories about them throughout the years, yet there always just seemed to come more in. Now it were a seed planted in a stump, and then a few years past it were trapping moonlight and using it as a living sprite to help around a village. What were next? Actual necromancy? No, that seemed too easy... Fully resurrecting the dead? Yeah, that seemed like a better sarcastic response to something which frankly, she still wouldn't be surprised if they could do. Nothing else seemed out of reach, so why this?

*sigh* Looking beyond the snark though, it were quite the tale, and a wonky thing to have on you for sure. It probably didn't get cancelled out by her magic either, so she'd have to make him keep some degree of upkeep on it if he wanted to keep it functional. At least with how she did her work.

"I, hadn't thought of that. I'll have to get back to you on that as there is a certain pattern that comes to mind, but I'll have to show it to you. For now though, I'd like it to look as natural as possible, you might as well use my other leg as a reference, given I can't remove it I kind of have to be present while you do it."

"Hold on."

Null went over into a small crate in the corner, and pulled out a sketch book containing some sketches of the varied degrees of legs she had made, and a few pointers on how they worked. t hadn't originally been her intent to do this, but after getting tired of trying to explain how things would work, this just seemed like the wiser investment of her time. Also showed that her artistic side were not just to wood, as the schematics and drawings were actually rather well made, and showed well what she were trying to get through. In this case, how a realistic pony leg would look like, including how the joints would be cut, carved out, outfitted with wires, reassembled, and then put back together for the best variant she had figured out how to make. Almost the same as what her sister used, just were hers were more hollowed out, since the wood it were originally hefted from were heavy, and needed to be made lighter somehow. Hollowing out the sturdy frame had seemed the smartest thing.

"Something tells me that this isn't gonna work with that one growing into you. So I'm gonna have to work from the outside, and try and make the wires fit inside. Then cut a bit around the knee to make for a flexible enough joint, and then see how it goes. Gonna be taking some time, so you best sit comfortable. Moving around at the wrong time could be dangerous."

Something which were just cemented as she got the second thing from the crate: Her actual carving knives. A very limited access of knives to begin with, had gotten her to eventually getting some old ones, or scraps of metal that Void and her had reforged to something more useful, etc etc. Long story short, she know half about eight carving knives of varied sizes and shapes, meant for each their part. And for the first part, she'd need the big one. Had to first cut some of the excess wood away before she could get to work on the finer details.

A ray of light shone on the sharp blade as she picked it up, and signalled for the stallion to move his leg over to her so that she could get started.

"I need to get the worst of the mass off this thing. Gonna leave a bit behind until the end, just so it can smoothen out easier. Try not to yank it away or something, or this'll probably hurt at least one of us."

(Void)

"Don't get me wrong, the war was bloody and terrible, just that most of the fighting happened on the Cervidian continent, hundreds to thousands died on both sides before it was over. But one thing that is central to Trojan culture is their deep respect for the dead, especially those who died in combat. They have a saying: 'I may not agree with you, but I admire your willingness to die for it.' That's why they have graves in the Dead Oasis for both sides of the war, even their war for independence. To most Trojans Equestria is dead, and therefore ought to be respected in death, so I don't think they'll pose much opposition."

"It's gonna be interesting to see if that lasts, when the princesses returns someday. The world have probably settled and gotten used to a new way by then, so they'd have to try and adapt to that. Unless they... No, nevermind. It's... It's a silly thought."

Not silly really as much as terrifying, as the prospect were that the princesses would refuse the new order so much, that they would attempt to retake Equestria and return it to become what it once were. Ironically, becoming the very sort of being that had brought their kingdom to ruin before, and having to be confronted and taken down themselves. The thought were... Not kind, and she tried her best to dismiss it, and thinking that surely, the princesses would be like that. Yet how well did she really know them? Barely really, and stories were not really valid information, when the tales she heard off only came from Equestria and Troy. Both of which had obvious biases in one way or another.

"Null and I were at that graveyard you talk about too. We paid our respects to the princesses, and Equestria in general, but then we were lead to the oracle's stone... She didn't take it nicely to see our bloodline's more famous member. I can't really say I blame her either. The Grey and his ilk haven't done anything good that we know of, and then we learned that he were... *sigh* It all circles back to them, one way or another, and I just don't understand him. Or any of them. Though I guess, with what Null is now, and what she promised she'd do... We won't have to think about it soon.

I just hope it ends with him. This horrid legacy have to end sooner or later."

(General Tidal Wave)

Convoy shrugged, "Even if you did do something stupid, I think the Consul's relieved to have North Port off his plate. Before you showed up there was talk amongst the Trojan guard of going up there themselves. Now that the Coalition is going to take care of it they don't have to worry about it as much."

"Yeah well, our turf, our problem. I got a bunch of shark riders, boats, and ground troops ready to go in soon as we get around the area, and retake it.

Gonna have a lot of work after that, and not just in rebuilding town. We gotta set up the area for the sharks again. They get a bit tussled when settling in to a new territory, so the first week or so are gonna be crucial. And I swear, so help the mongrels if they polluted the waters. I'm gonna start getting real nasty if I find that out."

As protectors of the beaches and ocean, the Ocean Coalition had in all stages, been very strict of preserving the reefs, and general nature around the beaches and ocean. Polluters were given strict punishments, often involving prolonged periods of collecting and cleaning up after themselves and others to teach them a lesson, with the worse ones getting hung in the cell above the shark grounds. At least that were the case with the Coastal Guard. A bit cruel to some, but it wasn't like they let the sharks actually touch them. They just wanted to scare the holy bejaebus out of the worst ones to make them get the drill that perhaps messing with their area was a real bad idea.

Other times, they also lend them to their old combat instructor for show and tell. A voluntary position that was seen from the outside as an easy punishment. Who got scared of a little mermaid after all, right?

Usually took about twenty seconds for the *participants* to understand that looks could be deceiving, and that Sergeant Kelp were a lot more fight proficient in the water than many would anticipate from her looks. Also with a bit of a sadistic glee to the way she bashed her *victims* around to show her class what underwater combat looked like, when you were a pro.

Tidal hadn't seen her since the attack on Shark Bay, and though the odds seemed somewhat slim, she were hoping that the sergeant had swum off to try and help her own tribe, and kept with them, rather than the more grim alternative. They'd see when eventually they'd get back to Shark Bay, and found whatever or not there'd be a mermaid skeleton somewhere. Only one they had there, though again, she really hoped there were good news on that front when time came. Who knew? Perhaps she were still alive and could come back with reinforcements when it were. Only time would tell.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

45 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Something tells me that this isn't gonna work with that one growing into you. So I'm gonna have to work from the outside, and try and make the wires fit inside. Then cut a bit around the knee to make for a flexible enough joint, and then see how it goes. Gonna be taking some time, so you best sit comfortable. Moving around at the wrong time could be dangerous."

"Whoa," the buck stepped back at first, "If the magic still works, then it won't need a joint added, it's already flexible enough as it is." He'd move it to demonstrate. "I just need it shaved down to the right size is all, if the magic does go out of it then I'll come back for a joint."

48 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I need to get the worst of the mass off this thing. Gonna leave a bit behind until the end, just so it can smoothen out easier. Try not to yank it away or something, or this'll probably hurt at least one of us."

The buck would cautiously get into position. He wouldn't react until the knife touched his leg, at which point he'd shudder. "Sorry, I do have some feeling in it, like a numb feeling. When I do it I at least know when the blade it about to cut, but I'll try to hold still." He'd look around to see if there was something he could grasp in an effort to keep himself still enough for Null to do her work.

(Void)

52 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

We won't have to think about it soon.

I just hope it ends with him. This horrid legacy have to end sooner or later.

Their mother shuddered at the mention of the Grey, "One can only hope, we at least haven't had any run-ins with them since we were discharged from TrUST, and we can only hope we don't run into them again later. If ever there was a pony who could take them down, Null is the one to do it."

(General)

54 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

They get a bit tussled when settling in to a new territory, so the first week or so are gonna be crucial. And I swear, so help the mongrels if they polluted the waters. I'm gonna start getting real nasty if I find that out."

Convoy looked contemplative, "I don't recall if it was there exactly that the legion had set up a fort, but there might have been one thereabouts. Stars know if they're still holed up there or if they moved on when Discord was defeated. We should prepare just in case we need to fight them for it."

He'd look about, "So, we headed back to South Port now? Or was there something else you needed to do while you were here?"

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 5/7/2020 at 9:48 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Whoa," the buck stepped back at first, "If the magic still works, then it won't need a joint added, it's already flexible enough as it is." He'd move it to demonstrate. "I just need it shaved down to the right size is all, if the magic does go out of it then I'll come back for a joint."

In Null's defense, the lump of wood didn't look like what she'd usually associate with a functional leg, nor a flexible prosthetic. More like a piece of wood that someone had stuck on there before thinking it through, which had then somehow fused with his flesh.

"Just makes it easier for me then."

IN her experience, carving out a proper leg took some artistic talent, but it wasn't the difficult part. Trying to make it so that it didn't feel like just a lump of wood were the part that took skills, which were why she had experimented, and eventually successfully refined, how to add joints to these things, and take advantage of for example fishing line to make it so that all parts kept together, and moved like they should. Seeing as her primary *customer* had always been her sister, she couldn't get herself to accept something simple like those she usually ran into, since it wasn't comfortable for Void, and prevented her from running.

Never had she thought that it'd do much to help others, but here you had it. This town had proven her wrong on that account, and in a way, she were glad that her experience were able to help others. Hopefully once out in the world, she could still make use of that, though it'd require her to remember to bringing her knife set. Wasn't too difficult really. She had lifted far heavier things throughout the years, and these had multiple uses. It were just about whatever or not she'd remember when time came.

But whatever. She had to focus on the here and now, and that meant getting ready to start carving. Unless something else wonky suddenly came u-

"Sorry, I do have some feeling in it, like a numb feeling. When I do it I at least know when the blade it about to cut, but I'll try to hold still."

"Are you narfing kidding me? For the love of..."

Null let go of the leg, and rose up to go to another corner of the shop, where she'd rummage around until she found a few books in relatively fine shape, a well worn stress ball, and a thick pencil.

"Here. Void uses them to distract herself sometimes. So if you can't handle it, try that. The pencil's in case you need something to chomp down on."

Granted, it were not the best thing to make use of, but it were what she had to work with right now. Unless he wanted splinters in his face, but that hardly seemed likely.

So she'd get back into position, take the biggest of the knives, and give it a twirl before starting to slowly cut down, aiming to take care of the worst overgrowth before working on the details. Did she had to do the twirl? No, but it were a bit of flair she liked adding to show that she knew what she were doing, and provided the buck didn't scream, she'd go at this nice and calmly.

"Hm, funny really. Never expected that This would be how I'd end up cutting into a buck. Weird times."

This were the one part where Null tended to talk quite a bit, since working on a leg already installed on someone, got easier for her if she could distract herself. Talking helped her with that at times, though perhaps going with the first thought she could think of wouldn't be the best thing. Didn't matter to her though. It'd been said, and it were a bit of admittedly somewhat brutal humor/honesty. If he couldn't take that, he could bugger off and get someone else to do this. Wouldn't be the first time she'd had an encounter with a buck end with a bad mood and raised blades.

(Void)

"One can only hope, we at least haven't had any run-ins with them since we were discharged from TrUST, and we can only hope we don't run into them again later. If ever there was a pony who could take them down, Null is the one to do it."

"We met one in the castle. She took this strange cloth in front of her eyes, and suddenly, he were seeing us. Since then, we've seen others look out like that, watching us. I think that's why big sis jumped into this so quickly. She knows he's somewhere, and that he have to be stopped. Hopefully the other ones he have working for him will just move on after that. If not..."

She cast a glance over to the door, where she had placed the hammer that she had *inherited* earlier today. It had needed a shine and a bit of repair work after the gate incident, but with enough effort and some outside help from someone who actually knew how the thing were put together/forgework of her own (depended on how advanced it were), she had gotten it up in good shape again. Hopefully anyway. The test hits had seemed alright, but she hadn't tried it on a living creature again, since... Well, that'd be crazy.

"I trust she can do this too mom. It's what happens after that I'm worried about."

(General Tidal Wave)

Convoy looked contemplative, "I don't recall if it was there exactly that the legion had set up a fort, but there might have been one thereabouts. Stars know if they're still holed up there or if they moved on when Discord was defeated. We should prepare just in case we need to fight them for it."

"If there's still a fort when we're done there, we'll take it over and have it fitted more for our purpose. Ain't no reason to let it go to waste, unless it of course is set up to mess with the ocean. I'd sooner burn it to the ground personally, than accept that."

Tidal didn't mention whatever or not she'd allow whoever were holed up in there to get out first, but despite her harsh words, she likely wouldn't do that. They'd be rounded up, and whoever didn't get themselves killed in the attack, would face judgement. She expected there'd be a good deal of exiling to to by then, some prison time, some harsh labor, and perhaps, a few who could be salvaged. No executions though. Might be the kingdom had collapsed, but that didn't mean she'd allow such barbarism to take over. They'd go through this the proper way, unless the resistance presented meant that they had to kill to save their comrades during the assault. Post attack is where it'd be more civil, since there were no good excuse for heads to roll when you were dealing with unarmed, captured combatants.

He'd look about, "So, we headed back to South Port now? Or was there something else you needed to do while you were here?"

She scratched the back of her head as she thought this question through.

"Truth be told, I sorta figured this whole thing would end up taking a few weeks, and not be moved on to the next stage already. Realistically, we probably should head back there soon, though... You mentioned something earlier about endearing myself a bit to the higher ups who'd make the decisions, or something like that, right? We got some free time where we could do that, then go round up the other folks who showed interest in going back with us, make sure that they get what they need to so that they can find the place when they're ready, and then be on our way. Might as well be a bit efficient while we're here, eh?

I also gotta go say goodbye to the twerps at some point, and give them a bit of a lesson on where on the map we'll be going, in case they ever feel like coming 'round. But one thing at a time, Convoy."

He might not be used to it, but Tidal didn't ignore him, nor think herself above his opinion on things. She valued hearing how he were doing, and his input, since that stuff were important in her mind. The whole *class divide, never mingle with lower ranks* stuff were a bunch of stuffy old trash, far as she were concerned. Long as it didn't affect work in a bad way, one should unclench a bit, and remember that just because there were others with less of a rank than you, it didn't mean they were worth less, or too stupid to have anything valuable to say. It just meant that you had the final say over their actions, heh.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Here. Void uses them to distract herself sometimes. So if you can't handle it, try that. The pencil's in case you need something to chomp down on."

The buck blushed, but looked thankful. "I appreciate it, thank you." He took to gripping the stress ball in his forehooves while he turned his attention to the books she had brought, ignoring the pencil for now, but he did eye it occasionally while Null cut away.

"Hm, funny really. Never expected that This would be how I'd end up cutting into a buck. Weird times."

The buck flinched at that, and looked back at her with a worried look, "I, um, take it you had some bad experiences? I don't mean to prod of course, especially now, but I hope you find me unlike those you wanted to, um, 'cut into'?"

(Void)

"I trust she can do this too mom. It's what happens after that I'm worried about."

Their mother would come give Void some physical affection, "We'll get there when we get there. And we'll be together for it. We can only hope that whatever she ends up doing, it's what makes her happy, fulfills her. It's all any of us can do."

(General)

"Truth be told, I sorta figured this whole thing would end up taking a few weeks, and not be moved on to the next stage already. Realistically, we probably should head back there soon, though... You mentioned something earlier about endearing myself a bit to the higher ups who'd make the decisions, or something like that, right? We got some free time where we could do that, then go round up the other folks who showed interest in going back with us, make sure that they get what they need to so that they can find the place when they're ready, and then be on our way. Might as well be a bit efficient while we're here, eh?

I also gotta go say goodbye to the twerps at some point, and give them a bit of a lesson on where on the map we'll be going, in case they ever feel like coming 'round. But one thing at a time, Convoy."

Convoy nodded, "The Consul's been good about that, streamlining things while the nation is still small. There's just not a lot of bureaucracy left to get in the way. But believe me, there's still weeks of negotiations before we get even a single sand dollar from the Council for the reconstruction." Seeing that the General didn't have a destination in mind, Convoy set to start leading their path. "Perhaps it would be best if you had a more official meeting with the remaining Equestrians, I could get the word out for those interested to gather so you could speak in a more official capacity, those with power would more than likely attend. From there we could introduce you directly to them and work on getting things streamlined with the council."

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 5/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I, um, take it you had some bad experiences? I don't mean to prod of course, especially now, but I hope you find me unlike those you wanted to, um, 'cut into'?"

"Only known two kinds of bucks. Those who hurt my sister-"

Null cut a good, thin slice down the leg, taking a nice slab of the rougher, outer parts off with the sharp knife.

"- and those I hurt for trying. Rural tribes we've run into didn't take kindly to outsiders. Starting to grasp that not everyone's like that though."

It wasn't just with bucks really, but changelings, griffons- Maybe even minotaurs. Much as she had bad experiences with most races (including her own) the weeks here in Troy, seeing others work together, getting to know folks a little via this work, and seeing them help one another to get through things out there... It took time, but combine it with her being calmer than usual, due to some of her ingrained issues getting helped with, such as with the wings or finding out that her parents were still alive, and it were beginning to dawn on her that just maybe, she had to try and be a little bit more open-minded about others. Even bucks.

Granted, it did help that this one had willing let himself get into a position where she had a knife, and easy access to vital parts. Call it a *trust exercise* or something. Sounded like a nicer spin than what she'd usually put on it.

Also kinda helped with this new vision of hers, not signalling anything on this buck that screamed out *Punish!*. Were gonna be interesting getting out of Troy one of these days, and see how thhe view were in a place not governed already by one doling out vengeance and making sure things were at a fair level.

(Void)

Void let out a sigh as she left her mother's embrace. She were right, just like always, but it were just hard to shake off the feeling that something would go wrong.

"I hate that she has to do this... But you're right, mom. We have to be there for her, and hope that this is what'll make her happy. Perhaps if we're lucky, she'll one day come home and stay here, after her deal is over with."

The thought that Null would be with Vengeance forever were one that she tried not to indulge, as it were a rather bleak prospect. A potential one, yet still, not one she wanted to ponder on for too long if she could help it.

"Anyway, you should relax mom. I'll start cleaning up the place. Don't have to get back to work for a few more hours."

Unless something happened, Void would indeed spend the next few hours focusing on cleaning the place, and if she had the time, prepare something so that her parents could have an easy dinner later, by themselves. It had been a long day, and she wished that they could all be together after it, but with Null's worries, she had to accept they'd be split up, and Null likely needed her to be there for her now.

(General Tidal Wave)

Tidal Wave grinned widely and patted her fellow Equestrian on his back.

"See? This here's why I like you, Convoy. You got a good head on your shoulders, and know how to take charge of the situation. Wouldn't be surprised to see you make a fine lieutenant one day."

Hey, he were doing well, and streamlining a good plan for what they should be doing here. Ain't no reason to be snobbish and not acknowledge it, right? Besides, she weren't kidding. This one might not be the brawniest of the bunch, but she saw some good qualities in him that'd make for a good leader one day. Be it of a squad in the Ocean Coalition when they finally had the chance to rebuild and grow their numbers, or when he left off to be the maverick he yearned to be. Either way, this kid got leadership in his blood, she were sure of it.

"Know a good place for us to gather up 'round here? Soon as we fix up a time and place, we can start getting ready and tackle things head on. Something tells me there's gonna be some questions and worries, but here's hoping we can spark some hope in 'em, right? Just gotta make sure they know that we got a plan, and with some luck, some of 'em might come back to help us start 'em. Taking North Point back ain't the same as reclaiming Equestria, but it's gonna be the first step in reestablishing ourselves, and begin growing stronger. If we can get that first step in, I'm positive that within the next decade or so, we'll be able to see the shores of our homeland again, tridents raised and ready to take back what's ours."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"- and those I hurt for trying. Rural tribes we've run into didn't take kindly to outsiders. Starting to grasp that not everyone's like that though."

The buck shuddered, whether it was from her cutting or her words was hard to tell.

"Yeah, I've heard the Equestrian deer are rather... territorial. Comes from the harsher forests I imagine. The Everfree is not nearly as hospitable as the Cervidian forests."

The buck waited a moment before continuing, "I suppose we should stay on the right hoof then? I don't think I introduced myself before, but I'm Eironn." (Pronounced Aaron)

(Void)

Nothing of interest happened.

(General)

"See? This here's why I like you, Convoy. You got a good head on your shoulders, and know how to take charge of the situation. Wouldn't be surprised to see you make a fine lieutenant one day."

Convoy seemed unused to the praise, "We'll see if I stay long enough for that to happen."

"Know a good place for us to gather up 'round here? Soon as we fix up a time and place, we can start getting ready and tackle things head on. Something tells me there's gonna be some questions and worries, but here's hoping we can spark some hope in 'em, right? Just gotta make sure they know that we got a plan, and with some luck, some of 'em might come back to help us start 'em. Taking North Point back ain't the same as reclaiming Equestria, but it's gonna be the first step in reestablishing ourselves, and begin growing stronger. If we can get that first step in, I'm positive that within the next decade or so, we'll be able to see the shores of our homeland again, tridents raised and ready to take back what's ours."

Convoy nodded, "Stirring speeches like that will certainly help. I don't think the amphitheater will be too busy, we should be able to have everyone gather there, especially if we get the word out now we'll be most likely to get high attendance tomorrow." He flagged down some passing guards, a pair who wore pieces of Equestrian armor, who approached and saluted the General.

"General Wave, we had heard that you had survived and were in the city. We hardly expected to run into you ourselves."

Convoy continued, "The general wants to have a meeting with everyone friendly or loyal to Equestria tomorrow in the amphitheater. As such she needs the two of you to spread the word. Tell everyone and get them to tell everyone else."

One of the guards nodded, "Will do. There's certainly been a resurgence of Equestrian loyalty since the big announcement, I'm sure we'll have a big turnout."

(I think we all learned an important lesson there, but we were all there for it so there's no sense restating it.)

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

"I've never run into a deer in Equestria. Germaine on the other hoof..."

A grimace passed her face as she recalled the first clan of those she had met in that place. Not the last time they would be a thorn in her side, but the first one definitely was hard to forget, much as she liked to try. Both because of their capture, and what happened to them after they had confiscated their cursed items, and one of them got taken out of the protective bag. Might be that there were nothing she wouldn't do to keep her sister safe, but that didn't mean that she wanted to let hem suffer from That one.

In the chaos, they had managed to get out and regain both that, and all the other things, yet not before they both got a first person view of the transformative process of that thing in process. Ended with a half dozen casualties and some scarred for life deer who'd likely prefer to never even see a pony again after that. Along with nightmares for everyone, including her and Void.

Sometimes it still came to mind. How the branches sprouted from the eyes. The extremeties twisting and turning as the deer went into a silent scream, begging for help that would never come... Urgh, some things just never left you, and seeing the process of what that runed pouch could do, were among them. A far worse thing than when they had found it the first time, sitting in the middle of that ruined city littered with twisted trees, puffing out the pollen at regular. What kind of sick and twisted being had made this she couldn't fathom, but when they finally got rid of it, she were sure happy about it. One of the few things they had found someone that both could and would cleanse. Likely could have gotten more done at that particular one if that rock hadn't fallen upon them, but that were neither here, nor there. Honestly, she'd rather not keep thinking about any of this.

On 5/12/2020 at 4:18 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I suppose we should stay on the right hoof then? I don't think I introduced myself before, but I'm Eironn."

"Null. Interesting to meet you."

Much as she had against that race - mainly because of what happened at the times they ran into them after that little town in Germaine - she couldn't escape that it were a interesting thing to meet Eironn. For once, he weren't sticking a spear in her face, talking about how she'd either voluntarily get tied up, or he'd drag her behind her on a stick. And she were rather sure that particular one hadn't meant tied up to it.

There were also the leg. A strange thing that were certainly interesting, and would be even more so, after she had a chance to figure out if her aura did anything to it. It'd paint a picture about the zebra she might need, if she ran into them another time.

"So, you're from Cervidian? Went there once with my sister, but we had to leave before we even really saw anything. Something in the mountains were messing with my health. Fevers, passing out... Never even got to see the first inkling of the zebra's. Nor deer. Probably for the best I guess. Would've been a testing experience if I ran into your sort there.

What's it like there? Before the gates anyway. Can't imagine they got spared from Discord and his filth."

(General Tidal Wave)

The general saluted back at the two soldiers, grin on her face, but having quite a think here, as one of these two looked pretty familiar. The right one specifically. Something about his face just sorta rang a bell... Urgh, what was it... So annoying not to be able to remember stuff like that, right?

On 5/12/2020 at 4:18 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"General Wave, we had heard that you had survived and were in the city. We hardly expected to run into you ourselves."

Convoy continued, "The general wants to have a meeting with everyone friendly or loyal to Equestria tomorrow in the amphitheater. As such she needs the two of you to spread the word. Tell everyone and get them to tell everyone else."

One of the guards nodded, "Will do. There's certainly been a resurgence of Equestrian loyalty since the big announcement, I'm sure we'll have a big turnout."

"Nice meeting you both, and good hearing that there's still some Equestrian blood 'round here. Just ain't the same witho- Wait, I think I got it now. You were working on the training grounds in canterlot, right? Got stuck on one of the dummies, and had some of the rookies poke you like a fish on the sizzle?"

It were faint, but she could've sworn this were the one. Darned if the name came to her though. So frustrating, but y'know, with everything going on the last few years, it could be seen as a small miracle that she remembered anything so simple and jovial from the simpler times. Been a whole lot to focus on that threatened to take away most of the non-essential stuff cluttering up her head.

"Anyway, side tracked there. Like Convoy said, I'd appreciate it if you spread the word, and got folks ready. I'd like to start talking to folks about the future, now that the gates are closed and we got one again. And don't be nervous 'bout asking questions when it is, you hear? I know thing's been tough, and me popping outta nowhere's gotta be raising some hopes and worries, so I'd like to get as much addressed as we can to ease folks in."

She'd ask what the announcement were, but she didn't have to. Sure she hadn't been there, but it were pretty obvious, right? They were talking about the announcement that the gates were closed. A pretty massive deal, so surely something that would've been the crown jewel on that day. Not sure exactly why it rose a lot of Equestrian supporters, but eh, might be from folks finally being able to stop going on the defense, and begin thinking about one day returning home. She sure had it like that, when she had been told about the gate by that courier.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Null)

3 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I've never run into a deer in Equestria. Germaine on the other hoof..."

Eironn shook his head, "By Equestrian I meant the Equestrian continent, not just the country. So, this whole continent we're on now."

"So, you're from Cervidian? Went there once with my sister, but we had to leave before we even really saw anything. Something in the mountains were messing with my health. Fevers, passing out... Never even got to see the first inkling of the zebra's. Nor deer. Probably for the best I guess. Would've been a testing experience if I ran into your sort there.

What's it like there? Before the gates anyway. Can't imagine they got spared from Discord and his filth."

Eironn nodded, "Well, West Cervidas more accurately, like when I said Equestrian I meant the Cervidian continent. But yeah, the climate there is very different from the one here, I'm not too surprised it didn't agree with you so well, that's why there's not many Equestrians over there, a lot of sick ponies during the war." He shook his head, "But yeah, before I left at least it was nice, lots of small towns with tight communities, peaceful. From what I've heard of it these glens were a lot like Ponyville. I moved here right after the war, thought I could give back to the nation that helped my people secure their independence, so I became a healer, or a nurse as they call them here, in a city called DelPhi. Beautiful place that one. But anyway, I haven't heard anything from anywhere in Cervidas since the whole incident. They say the waters got really rough without magic to regulate them, so there haven't been any ships going either way. I've heard rumors that there's a holdout of civilization deep in llama territory, but who knows?" he sighed, "I think I'll try and go back, if that becomes possible, see if there's anything left of my glen."

(General)

"Nice meeting you both, and good hearing that there's still some Equestrian blood 'round here. Just ain't the same witho- Wait, I think I got it now. You were working on the training grounds in canterlot, right? Got stuck on one of the dummies, and had some of the rookies poke you like a fish on the sizzle?"

The guard is question turned red as a beet while the one with him burst into laughter, Convoy himself smiled, but retained his composure at the guard's embarrassment, the guard sighed, "I had hoped that that at least could have been forgotten among the rest, but I guess not."

"Anyway, side tracked there. Like Convoy said, I'd appreciate it if you spread the word, and got folks ready. I'd like to start talking to folks about the future, now that the gates are closed and we got one again. And don't be nervous 'bout asking questions when it is, you hear? I know thing's been tough, and me popping outta nowhere's gotta be raising some hopes and worries, so I'd like to get as much addressed as we can to ease folks in."

The laughing guard eventually regained his composure and the two saluted before heading off, "Will do, we'll get everyone notified."

Convoy would look like an idea struck him, "Speaking of popping up out of nowhere, there's someone especially important we're going to want at the meeting tomorrow, follow me."

He seemed excited as he led the way back towards the Consul's estate, stopping at the guards, "The General needs to see Sunset, is she here?"

The guard nodded, opening the door, "Third on the left, be quick about it."

Convoy would continue forward, reaching the designated door in no time to knock smartly. A few moments later the door would open, revealing Sunset Shimmer garbed in a Trojan robe, she looked curious. "Can I help you two?" (Don't know if Tidal would recognize Sunset, but given the siren sisters went to the human world it isn't unlikely that Tidal would know of the portal and have heard about Sunset in connection.)

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 5/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"By Equestrian I meant the Equestrian continent, not just the country. So, this whole continent we're on now."

Germaine were still far from this whole continent, so her point still stood, though she could see the angle the buck went with. She personally though, tended to see things not in the way of continents, but what country they were part of. A matter of flags over dirt, essentially.

She kept quiet and listened in as he started talking about where he were from, whilst she kept on working. The big slices were done fairly quickly, so she had to reach for a smaller one to start working on details, though it didn't mean she stopped listening in. A good deal of interesting information to gain, starting with hearing that apparently, the climate were an issue for others too. So it wasn't some sort of ward to keep her away, as she had thought sometimes. Not that it seemed likely to begin with, but never let it be said that she couldn't be a bit paranoid and spiteful. Especially when Void had never had an issue there, which tickled her wrong a little.

Then came the news that apparently, the waters had to be regulated? That one were not something that Null had ever heard about, so it were a rather big surprise. Made one question why the waters were unruly now though, right? The attack had to have reached their shores for that to happen, though since as he had said, it were the same continent... Likely hadn't come from the shores.

"We heard it were peaceful too. Why we tried to go there in the first place, but I couldn't handle it, and Void wouldn't leave me behind. We had to move on. I hope that there's still survivors there when you return.

Maybe I'll have the chance to see it eventually. The gate is closed, and it sounds like the Ocean Coalition is back to begin working on the sea. Bound to be safe enough to travel from either side eventually.

I'm guessing you're just waiting for the right opening and expedition to start going too? I could imagine there'd be a strong call for healers of any sort for those sorts of things, just in case."

The details were going well as she talked, with so far the top of the leg being carved to show more properly defined raw details, though the fine ones were still to come. Including muscle tone, though that were the third phase. Second one were getting the leg formed to fit more closely to a buck leg, which were a good deal thinner than some others. Had to take that into consideration, when told to make it realistic looking. It were going fairly well so far though.

(General Tidal Wave)

"I had hoped that that at least could have been forgotten among the rest, but I guess not."

"Awh, it ain't so bad sugar. Plenty of stories 'bout me, a bottle of fizzy stuff, and lots of barely concealed smirks the day after. A single story between you and some rookies having a laugh ain't so bad. I seem to recall having plenty of fun when I saw it at least."

A big grin on her face too, now that she thought more on it. Been one of the best things that happened on her trip there, when she had arrived at what were gonna be another drawn out, boring meeting where she'd have to listen to Screecher babble on all oficially, whilst Dew tries to keep the two of them from getting into a word fight.

Now, don't get her wrong here- Tidal had great respect for the bat pony. She were just so darn rigid and following the rules to the letter, that it were impossible for her to not poke at it. Then she'd poke back and they had a little thing going. Harmless stuff really, but disruptive to the meetings.

Anyway, been a nice break when she had seen him struggle whilst the rookies had a laugh/tried to help as best they could. Been a solid four minutes where she held up the meeting since she were just standing there, having a right laugh at it all. At least until she took pity and went over to help. She didn't make it before the forgemaster had a chance to pull this one out though.

*sigh* Poor Benny. Nice chap, but that dragon weren't a strong fighter, so there wasn't a chance he hadn't made it out, since the generals hadn't either. Even if he had, she knew he would've gone straight to Ponyville, to try and get hold of his marefriend, and with it being Discord's attack, there weren't a chance that town hadn't been ambushed first. He knew what the wearers could do if they got time. If Benny saw that... Poor guy wouldn't be able to keep on fighting without her.

Anyway, her mind went on, and now the guards had to as well. So she said her goodbyes, saluted them too, and saw as they went along. Tomorrow was sure gonna be interesting. Now what to do until then though...

"Speaking of popping up out of nowhere, there's someone especially important we're going to want at the meeting tomorrow, follow me."

Hah, Convoy to the rescue again. She were seriously starting to like this lad. A real help, and knew when to add the right sorta comments to keep things going. She seriously had to find him a good, solid place back in South Point where he could stand out and show the others what he could do. She'd like for him to go places, before he went back to being a maverick, but without just promoting him outta nowhere. That wouldn't be proper, but giving him a place to stand out? That were just a helping hoof. He still had to keep up the good work himself after all.

"A surprise, eh? I like it. Lead the way, Convoy. Looking forward to seeing who this mysterious somepony are gonna be."

Sounded like it were somepony important, whom she kight know, so... Maybe one of the ranking officers from Canterlot? Potentially Shining Armor? How she wished that were the case. Him and his family had been a real cute sight to see, and it were a hard blow to think they had been crushed too. Cursed be Discord and his duplicitous nature!

Following along, and greeting other guards as they went along, she'd find that they ended back at the Consul's place, which just guaranteed that this had to be somepony important. Why else would they be in this fancy place, right? She were starting to get real excited here.

Soon enough, she'd see a pony alright. Wearing a Trojan looking robe, but sadly not one whom she could really place. There were something sort of familiar about that mane of hers, but she sure weren't one that Tidal had seen in uniform before. Who the hay were this? The Consul's wife? Good job if it were. She weren't bad looking.

"Can I help you two?"

"Hey there. Name's Tidal Wave, former general of the Coastal Guard, current general of the reformed Ocean Coalition. Nice meeting ya.

Convoy here said that I'd be interested in meeting you, so guessing you're a top shot, eh? Consul's wife maybe? He'd be lucky if you were, that's for sure.

Heh. So, mind me asking who you are then miss? And sorry if I've met you before and totally sweat it out. Been some hectic years, and I can't keep track of every face, sadly."

She had heard of Sunset, but never met her. It had been a matter the Royal Guard branches had dealt with, whilst she heard the stories later on. She kept meaning to look into who this mare were at some point, but there were work to do, and she just nevermanaged to hit the same time as when she were there. Heard a lot of good stuff, and soon as the name would come up, she'd sure get a shocker. As well as a bit of hope, since if this high prolific pony, who had been known to hang 'round the capitol, had made it out, perhaps others had too?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Eironn looked contemplative, "I suppose we'll see, that's good news though that they'll be regulating the waters. It's like the weather you know? When it isn't managed it gets unpredictable. Who knows though, I don't think I'll go on the first voyage, I want to be sure the crossing is safe first, but maybe after they set up an official travel schedule I'll get myself sent over there."

He seemed to be growing more comfortable with Null's cutting, moving even less than he was before.

(General)

Consul's wife maybe? He'd be lucky if you were, that's for sure.

While Sunset looked confused, Convoy got a bit spooked, looking about quickly before leaning in to whisper to the General, "I forget you're new here, but it's in your best interest not to bring up the Consul's wife or family... they're gone, and it's a touchy subject for him."

Heh. So, mind me asking who you are then miss? And sorry if I've met you before and totally sweat it out. Been some hectic years, and I can't keep track of every face, sadly."

Sunset nodded, "I heard about you, causing a stir among the Equestrians, and I think Twilight might have mentioned you when she wrote to me. I'm Sunset Shimmer, former student of Celestia and unofficial ambassador of the human world I suppose. It's good to meet you in person." She'd turn to look at them both, "So what can I help with?"

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

"Letting others deal with the worst of what's still lurking around there then? Smart move. Gates closed or not, there's still wild life, marauders, magical items everywhere and who knows what. Smarter to let others handle the worst of that first, before going yourself. We'll see how long it takes."

Personally, she'd think a few months at the best of times. Plenty of stuff that'd try to reclaim the world when the gates closed, and she doubted what had survived out there after the crisis, were just a hoard of bunnies and squirrels. There'd be some hardy creatures out there who had stayed alive, by getting to the top of the new food chain. And then again, were marauders, whatever allies Discord had that were likely still in play, etc. etc. A lot of things out there that still made the world unsafe.

Couldn't say that Nine and her wouldn't be busy.

"How closely copied do you want the leg to the opposing one? Ain't gonna make it seem like there's hair, since that's just splinters hammering into you, but there's muscle tone, added color, that sorta thing. So, general copy, or advanced?"

If he said general, she'd move on to smooth things out after using the current knife. If he wanted it more accurate, she'd then go to the next in line of the knives, and start carving to make imitated muscle tone. She would've just done so straight up beforehoof, but meh. She supposed she should ask, since it were his leg and all that. Either way, she weren't bothered. Not like she had a whole lot to do beyond training in various things over the next bunch of days anyway.

(General Tidal Wave)

On 5/15/2020 at 11:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"I forget you're new here, but it's in your best interest not to bring up the Consul's wife or family... they're gone, and it's a touchy subject for him."

"Ooooh... Thanks for the warning on that one, Convoy. I'd hate to stir into a sore spot like that. I know how it can hurt to be reminded."

She'd look up towards the rings in her ear, and feel a wave of sadness come over her, as she recalled her own husband. Their forgemaster, who stood his ground to save others in Shark Bay, and the shining light of her life. It was hard to think about him sometimes, even though she knew that he wouldn't want her to be sad about him passing, but rather focus on all the good times they had together, and remember him as he was. A kind, devoted husband and hero of the Coastal Guard. And she tried to do that, she really did, but... It were hard sometimes to remember all those good times, and then not be reminded that such times were gone, and that they'd never come back.

She wouldn't say she knew what the Consul went though on this. Each dealt with loss of their loved ones in different ways, and she wouldn't dare to say that she knew how he felt. She just knew that for her, it hurt to be reminded sometimes, and she could imagine that it did for him as well. So she wouldn't bring this up again. Out of respect for him, and those he surely longed for as much as she did her husband.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:40 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"I heard about you, causing a stir among the Equestrians, and I think Twilight might have mentioned you when she wrote to me. I'm Sunset Shimmer, former student of Celestia and unofficial ambassador of the human world I suppose. It's good to meet you in person." She'd turn to look at them both, "So what can I help with?"

No time to be focusing on the sad part though, as this pony revealed who she were, and Tidal Wave's eyes went wide in shock.

"Woah woah woah woah, hold up. The Sunshet Shimmer? Princess Celestia's former apprentice, who went to the human world? You... You're alive?!"

she were practically gawking as her heart rate went up, thinking about what this could mean. If the one who had wandered in there years ago, and gotten back in recent years were back, did that mean.. Were there others who had made it out of Canterlot? Did the general? The princesses? Were... Were they hurt somewhere, and needed help?

"Holy Leviathan, I ... I can't believe it. I thought everypony in Canterlot had gotten killed. Is there anyone else? The other generals? Twilight? The princesses?! I gotta know who else is out there. Are they injured? Sealed off somewhere and need help? Whatever you can tell me about them, and what happened that day, please just say it. I have to know."

She were a bit panicky and jittery as she said this, but were it any wonder? She were a former general of Equestria. You're darn right that she were getting riled up after seeing somepony who were more than likely in the capitol on the fated day, suddenly outside and alive. Might mean there were others, or at the very least that Sunset could tell her what had happened that day. With no survivors outside of Canterlot, the best she could do with information there were from views from afar, which basically boiled down to one minute Canterlot were there, and the next, it were gone. Seemingly destroyed by the two-faced mongrel, who should've been smashed to pebbles the first time he got turned into stone.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Letting others deal with the worst of what's still lurking around there then? Smart move. Gates closed or not, there's still wild life, marauders, magical items everywhere and who knows what. Smarter to let others handle the worst of that first, before going yourself. We'll see how long it takes."

Eironn shrugged, "I'm not much of a fighter, so it's not like I'd be much use to them at the start, likely I'd be more of a liability. Once things are calmer I could go be a healer there, keep the fighters at full strength, but only so long as I can do so safely away from the fighting."

"How closely copied do you want the leg to the opposing one? Ain't gonna make it seem like there's hair, since that's just splinters hammering into you, but there's muscle tone, added color, that sorta thing. So, general copy, or advanced?"

Eironn looked contemplative, "Well, I'll be coming back later with the carving design, but for now... let's go with matching the musculature. How does the coloring work? Is it like a paint or more of a penetrating dye? And could you get it to match my fur? Otherwise best to leave it be for now."

(General)

"Holy Leviathan, I ... I can't believe it. I thought everypony in Canterlot had gotten killed. Is there anyone else? The other generals? Twilight? The princesses?! I gotta know who else is out there. Are they injured? Sealed off somewhere and need help? Whatever you can tell me about them, and what happened that day, please just say it. I have to know."

Sunset looked a bit embarrassed at being put so on the spot, and Convoy moved to put a bit more space between the two mares, "Calm down General, I know it's a lot to take in, it surprised the rest of us when she was first introduced."

Once the General was calm enough Sunset would respond, "I was in the human world when it happened, I felt the magic Discord used, and I don't think he did it fully intentionally, but he was somehow throwing things across the gap. I came back as soon as I could, to see what was going on and if I could help, but I found the world destroyed, the crystal empire in ruins and terrible creatures all around. The Consul, Illiad, came for me soon after I arrived, and comparing experiences we discovered that those who Discord fought, those who's bodies were never found, weren't killed, but instead thrown to the human world, bound there somehow by his spell for twenty five years. I don't know exactly who was included in that group that was sent, but the consensus definitely includes the Element bearers and at least two of the other three princesses, as well as most of the civilian populations of the Equestrian cities."

Edited by Illiad Easle
Forgot final part

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

On 5/17/2020 at 8:56 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"I'm not much of a fighter, so it's not like I'd be much use to them at the start, likely I'd be more of a liability. Once things are calmer I could go be a healer there, keep the fighters at full strength, but only so long as I can do so safely away from the fighting."

"Always gonna be use for a healer. Doesn't matter if it's peace or war, there's always something to do for those types."

When she had been really small, before they left Troy, she had kinda wondered if she could end up being a doctor, even though she couldn't use the magical medicine. Mostly for the reasons she had just stated: There were always a use for them. Even then she could see that, and knew what they did were important, so to her, that meant that if she became one, perhaps the others would like her.

Seemed so obvious back then... *sigh* But some delusions were just that: Delusions. She knew now that it wouldn't have mattered if she could turn sand into water. They still wouldn't have liked her. Partially because it wasn't their job to like her, just make sure that she stayed put, and got examined like a lab rat.

The sort of thing she did now, were pretty much going to be the closest she were ever gonna be to a doctor these days. A sort of side hustle of the medical profession, if you squinted at it, though she didn't really bother to do so. It were just a dream that she had long since understood were a young mind's, foolish aspirations. An unattainable goal. At least now, after the deal she had made. Seemed like she weren't gonna be spending a lot of time being able to study for a doctorate with this sort of bagage on her.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:56 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Well, I'll be coming back later with the carving design, but for now... let's go with matching the musculature. How does the coloring work? Is it like a paint or more of a penetrating dye? And could you get it to match my fur? Otherwise best to leave it be for now."

"Normally I'd use some wood in the same color as your fur, but since that ain't an option, I'm thinking we can try some paint. Got a little left of it in about your color, that should be enough for the leg, but I'd suggest dye longer down the road. Works better."

Just weren't something she had a whole lot of. enough to make a few tattoos or the like, but cover a whole leg? Even a deer one? Not a chance. Not unless it were to look real scarce, and take all her stock, which weren't ideal in her mind. Void might need it later on.

She'd grab the bucket later and let him decide on the color scheme, though for now, she had the next knife to go to, as she had to go for the detailed route. Starting with the thigh muscles, which she did in a surprisingly agile manner. Not that he'd likely be surprised. She had been able to do so with the rest too, though he might've thought she'd be slow on the details. Might be she had, if this were her first run at the rodeo, but she had been carving for a lot of years. This right here were more or less muscle memory, even if it were adapted for a deer leg.

(General Tidal Wave)

Tidal would take a step back when Convoy tried reeling her in. She weren't calming down all that much currently, but she at least weren't two steps away from being so pressed up against Sunset that it might seem like she were trying to absorb the mare. It wouldn't help on her not getting riled up when the talk then went on to tell her what the facts were about the princess, as well as the others who had been in Canterlot. Hay, not just Canterlot, but the majority of the civilians that had been unaccounted for, and just presumed decaying somewhere, as the attack wasn't really a time for body retrieval.

There'd still be mass casualties of course. Her husband were still gone, and that couldn't be changed. Same with several others she had served with, whom she had seen fall before the attackers at both Shark Bay and North Point. But there were others now, trapped in the human world maybe, but alive and returning someday.

She felt pale as she heard this, and her jaw slacked in amazement. Sure this could be them pulling her leg, but it were playing off her inner hope that there were something good in the future, as well as this seeming legit, considering who she were dealing with. Sunset Shimmer herself, who if anypony, should know what were the matter with all of this.

As for the reaction once things had started to sink in? Well... To put it simply, her jaw-drop would turn into a giant grin, and she'd go forth and embrace Sunset with enough joy to make a changeling's stomach churn.

"Praise the open seas, there's survivors! And the princesses are alive! This is... It's..."

A cringe went over her face as something dawned on her. A rather grim thought by the look on her face as she loosened her grip on Sunset again, though didn't move away herself.

"...It's going to be a disaster.

Everything's moving on to another system. Everypony's touting democrazy, and an end to the war. If they come back, and try to change that back to how it were... The people's not gonna accept it. It could end up- No! No darn it!"

She'd start hitting herself on the top of her head to try and bash the bad thoughts outta her skull.

"Freaking war-torn world and it's paranoia.fueled thinking. It's gonna be fine. They'll come back in 22 years, and they're surely not in charge anymore where they are. That's enough time to change their mindset. If not, we'll deal with it when they get here. We just gotta... Wauw. This here's really jumbling me up mighty well lass. It's good news, it's a horrible one. It's hope and potential damnation in a nice little package.

Sorry. This... This here's just gonna be a mighty ruckus once I get back to South Point. Gonna have a whole lot to reassure that we ain't gonna fall back in line if the worst happens, hope to grant, expectations to lower before they get too riled up, and... Mother of Krakens, this here's earth shaking."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Normally I'd use some wood in the same color as your fur, but since that ain't an option, I'm thinking we can try some paint. Got a little left of it in about your color, that should be enough for the leg, but I'd suggest dye longer down the road. Works better."

Eironn shook his head, "Let's hold off on the color then, when I come back with the design we could look into painting that and dying the rest, I could even go get the dye for you if you tell me what to get."

Despite all this he seemed much more relaxed now then when they had started, seeming to have grown comfortable to the mare carving his leg.

(General)

Convoy nodded, "That's pretty much what the general consensus was when the announcement was first made, it gave quite a bit of hope as well as uncertainty. It did set a lot of goals for expansion and reclamation, we've got to get the space ready for when they come back."

Sunset continued, "And there's no telling exactly how they'll return. There was a lot of dark and chaos magic involved in the transferal spell he used, it's unlikely they'll be the same when they return, but their being alive is what's most important, some may be like me and decide to stay there when given the choice. Nonetheless, if you're looking to enlist Equestrians to your cause, I suppose I could help. I'm staying here because it's the only place they can be kept away from me, more than a few zealous ones has proclaimed me the successor to Celestia, despite the fact that the Consul has a much closer noble line than I. Regardless, whatever you need feel free to ask."

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

So they'dwait with the coloring then, until she could get more of the stuff needed for the dye then. Seemed reasonable, and it would indeed look better than the paint, so it wasn't a bad choice. She'd still need the right things to getthis done of course, yet since he offered...

"All I need is a pouch of uncrushed Fizzbug shells, to match your colors. I got the rest for the dye lying around."

It weren't so bad to get these really, as this particular, abundant desert bug were used for a plethora of things, but the plethora part were also why she were running low on them. She needed the shells for dye, Void for certain eye colors, sometimes for a particulat stew to add a bit of clammy taste to the mix, etc. The meat of the bugs were generally used as pet food, so a good vendor would have the hoof-sized things pried open and cleaned out fast to make double sale. Triple, if they knew how to utilize the legs as imrpovised stitches or hoops.

Little buggers could be annoying though, as they tended to hide around any vases or other forms of shade they they could find that didn't seem too crowded, and sprayed a foul-smelling ichor on those who tried pulling them into the light again. The sound it made as they did so, contributed to their name.

As for the leg, she should be done with the upper thigh within the next few minutes, leaving him with a good view of the craftmanship, as she moved on to carefully carve out the outline of a knee, before going to the lower part and hoof.

(General Tidal Wave)

"You'd be more than welcome to join us ag South Point, or North Point after we retake it, Sunset. Folks could use all the encouragement they can get, and I assure you that we ain't gotta be pestering you about taking charge because of some succession talk. When I got talking with our old conpanions, part of the agreement to remake our old order, were that the Ocean Coalition would remain a neutral force, and not go pledging to any single country's flag. Too many old grudges from the split that we ain't keen on seeing back again, so I can say that we ain't gonna push for a new crown in charge anywhere.

Our part's gonna be helping to retake Equestria, then reclaim our neutral port of Shark Bay, whilst letting whoever the people decide they wanna lead them, know that we'll help them from the ocean front, long as they don't try and pull us into something that'd force us to be under control of a singular kingdom again. It worked somewhat in the past, but this time, we're sticking to our guts, and making sure that's core to our rules. Long as I got a say in things, it'll stay that way.

That being said, we got 22 years to reclaim, resettle, and then prepare for the princesses and the rest who'll come back, in whatever state they'll return in. If you ain't keeen on being the one to lead Equestria in the long run, Sunset, perhaps then you could use a bit of the time to help the folks scout out some who you'd think would be worth their time? Y'know, just to help them steer towards some options of solid folks, rather than a bottom-feeder giving honyed words. Might be somepony's gonna rise up naturally, but just in case, consider voicing your opinion on things down the road, yeah? Sounda like your opinion's gonna carry some weight, even if there's some zealous ones that needs to be kept an eye on, before they they doing something drastic.

Take it from my experience: Zealots and cultists are only separated by how they go about their worship. Trick is knowing when to stomp down on things before it goes from being enthralled, to say, eliminating the perceived competition."

The siren sisters of old had a cult build around their worship, that sadly didn't just go away when they did. Some small sections kept lurking here and there, and whenever they started to poke their heads out in the open, it were usually because they were causing trouble. Wouldn't have been an issue if the leadership of the first Ocean Coalition hadn't just ignored the issue and figured they'd get over it, rather than start to assemble and worship their mistresses in the shadows, but they couldn't change the past. Best she could do, were to keep en eye out for any signs of survivors of that cult, and pass on warnings to others to not repeat the mistakes of her predecessors.

"A lot we suddenly have to do now, on a timeline I never thought we'd have to consider, but we can do it. Whatever happens when whoever decides they want to returns, does do, we'll deal with as is appropriate. Hopefully with cheers and celebrations."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(I'll be honest, I'm really just winging all this as I don't have anything planned for the story until Null goes to New Pegas, just so you're aware.)

Eironn nodded, "I should be able to get those for you, by then I should have the carving design ready for you."

(General)

Sunset looked unsure, "I don't know how much of a help I could be with all that, I know I used to be Celestia's student and all, but that was years ago. I can't say I'm much of a fighter or even an accomplished mage anymore. The only real power I have now is that others think I'm important. But if you think that's worth having around with you down in South Port and North Port I'd be happy to come along, it'll be nice to actually contribute to things for once, rather than waiting." She looked back into her room, "I'd say I need some time to gather my things, but I don't own anything. I came here with just the fur on my back, not even clothes to speak of, so it's not like I've got anything tying me here." She turned back to Tidal, "But do know, if word gets out that I've left, a lot of equestrians are going to want to come too. Do you have the room for a few hundred more ponies?"

@Illiad Easle

(Null)

Seemed like that settled the matter, and as such, there were little more than a few random things to say whilst Null finished her work, and sandpapered down the peg to finish it off for now, which left a striking replica of a buck's leg, though clearly still wooden, considering things such as the color and lack of fur. Minor cosmetic stuff, of which the most important would be dealt with another time.

Eventually when he would return with the shells, there'd be about an hour of mixing up ink, then shave off the leg again if it had grown since last, and then start the deep dyeing. If the leg still grew it wouldn't hold forever, but it should do the trick for a while at least.

The rest of the time until she'd hear words from the Consul at some point in the future, would be spendtraining, dealing with whatever work trickling in her way, and trying to get used to her accessories. Usually tests she ran whilst her body were aching from the tough training regiments of wing battle practices, and flight training.

In case it went well with the wings, and it would take over a week, she'd eventually go back to the Spartran mare, to get evaluated, and perhaps recieve her next thing to practice.

In the meantime, Void would also have given a request to see the Consul regarding their parents, and on the day where Null would be called in, hopefully get a response that he had the time before her departure.

(General Tidal Wave)

"Hey, don't sell yourself short, Sunset. The princess once saw some real talent in you, and even though you're rusty, I'm sure it's still there. You just need a helping hoof, and some encouragement to shine again. You'll find plenty of both that, and a few magic users that might be able to help ya out, back at South Point."

Tidal were an encouraging mare, in her own opinion, and seeing Sunset thinking so little of herself were a real shame in her opinion. She were clearly a magic user of some skills, if Celestia had taken her in. And sure, she might've been a bit behind in a while now, but that's where the encouraging and helping out aspects came into play.

It'd probably take a while. Maybe even years. But Tidal were sure that with enough backing her up and helping her, rather than being a bunch of gloomy naysayers, Sunset would one day start shining again.

Seriously, where'd they go if the leadership of any placesaid to those feelong unsure about themselves, that they should just give up being better? She had known ponies like that before. Hay, one of her instructors back when she had started out in the guard had been like that about her, and it had been crushing for a while. Only felt like there wasn't a point in trying, since she were directly told that she couldn't get on top, and had to accept her limitations.

But some encouragement by her closest friends (and a bucketload of spite) later, and here she were. Leading folks who needed it, and proving that you got further by collectively golding eachother up, rather than try and make others think they couldn't get better.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"But do know, if word gets out that I've left, a lot of equestrians are going to want to come too. Do you have the room for a few hundred more ponies?"

"Well, not all at once, but we could make place back at South Point. It'd set us back some since we'd have to start outfitting who'd be willing to fight with some armor and weapon for our attack on North Point, but it'd leave us stronger for the fight ahead.

Even folks not fighting could well contribute, and we do have some extra supplies and space to work with, long as they ain't shy about putting in a bit of effort and doing their part in helping out. The worst might be over with now the gates are closed, but we'll need to work as a team on all levels to get back to some semblance or normality. The more we all do our parts, the closer we get to being able to sling back and enjoy a spot of fishing.

Anyway, you think on it, and try to get word around to those who're interested in following you. I'll get back to my crew that's helping with transport to get things sorted, and Convoy sets up the venue. Then when time's about there,  we'll meet up and get ready for the meeting. Y'know, update eachother on the progress we've done, eh? Hopefully I'll have some good news regarding setting up some more boats from South Shore to get sailing up here so the wait ain't too long."

If they agreed, she'd be on her way, after saluting these two with a big grin on her face. This was gonna be a fun time.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

When Eironn returned with the shells he commented that while the leg had grown, it was substantially slower than before, If Null inspected she wouldn't be able to tell that it had grown at all, so she'd had to take his word for it. The carving pattern he brought back seemed a fusion of traditional zebra patterning combined with the minimalist aesthetic of deer culture. He'd have the whole leg dyed then the carving pattern painted in to further accentuate the design.

Null's dedication to her training served her well, while she was still far from a professional when it came to flight and using the wing blades she was substantially better off than when she started, and could now do both with a reasonable level of competency, the Spartration saying as much the last time they met.

Void's request to see the Consul about their parents was granted by him personally showing up at the forge at a time when both of the sisters would be present, "I hope I'm not disturbing anything, but you made it sound urgent that we meet before Null departs," He showed a small folder which he passed to Null, "tomorrow evening."

He turned to Null in particular, "In there you have details on your false identity as part of the embassy, as well as all the info we have on Grey Mane, I know it's not much but it should get you started."

He turned back to Void, "Now, what seems to be the issue?"

The file contained identification with Null's picture for a pegasus mare named Event Horizon working security for the ambassadors. The information given about Grey Mane was slim, mostly it consisted of notes that Grey didn't do business in person, doing most of his negotiations through intermediaries or through reprogrammed Minotaur golems which doubled as city security. He seemed to be based out of The Stacked Deck a towering casino/hotel which connected the ground district to the cloud district as well as sitting on the shoreline, effectively the centerpiece of the city.

(General)

Their meeting the ext day with the citizens went about as well as could be expected given the short notice. News that Sunset was going to be at the meeting brought in a large amount of attendance, and at Sunset's urging most of those who attended agreed to remain in Troy until the time came to rebuild North Port, limiting the amount who would initially be returning to South Port with the General to a few dozen of the more able bodied individuals including Convoy. The remaining two hundred or so would prepare to move to North Port to rebuild it and establish the roadway once it was deemed safe by the first force.

Before the first group would depart for South Port Convoy pulled the general aside and in confidence revealed that he was a changeling. He told the general that it didn't feel right to hide it from her, and respected her decision as to whether a changeling should be allowed to remain in a force comprised mostly of former Equestrians. He after all did not know the General's stance or experience with changelings. If she sent him away he would depart, but if asked to remain he would resume his disguise, asking that she tell no one else his secret.