Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(Sisters)

Both of them were rather surprised to suddenly see the Consul here, of all places. Void a little less so, as she had hoped to hear from him soon, though she were still surprised that it were this sudden. She had honestly expected a message back or something, since it sounded like he were busy. But uhm... He were here now, right? She just had to address it all now. Whilst Null were here, which she had kinda hoped she didn't have to.

So she put down the tools she had been cleaning and let out a small sigh. Guess there were no way around it. And really, they were done working for today, and Null were resting after stretching her wings enough in her practice to start wincing. They had the time to get over a few things now, in their break. Might as well just get it over with.

20 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"I hope I'm not disturbing anything, but you made it sound urgent that we meet before Null departs," He showed a small folder which he passed to Null, "tomorrow evening."

He turned to Null in particular, "In there you have details on your false identity as part of the embassy, as well as all the info we have on Grey Mane, I know it's not much but it should get you started."

He turned back to Void, "Now, what seems to be the issue?"

Null accepted the folder, but didn't open it. She just stood silently, looking between her sister and Illiad, wondering what the two of them were up to all of a sudden. Were this some sorta attempt to make her stay? No, then the folder wouldn't come into play... Wait a minute, she weren't seriously-

"T-Thank you for seeing us, Consul Easle. I'm sorry if it's a little out of nowhere, but you're the uhm... Karma lord in town, I guess. I wanted to please to ask, if you know if our p-parents are *clear*, so that Null can go see them? I know it might seem trivial, but they miss her, and want to see her before she takes off for w-who knows how long. We're just all scared that they have a debt that Null would be pushed to s-settle, so she hides from them."

Null opened her muzzle and looked at Void angrily, ready to fire off a salvo at her, but looking into her sisters pleading, sad eyes, it just... She knew that she had done this because she were worried, and knew that her big sis were scared about seeing their parents for this exact reason. She also knew that Null were too prideful to openly admit it, and go ask for help from the Consul on this matter, so she had taken matters into her own hooves, and walked behind Null's back. An action which should make the midget pegasus angry, but she just couldn't muster it right now, in the face of what were a sincere, heartfelt plea from her younger sister. A plea regarding something that Null herself actually cared a good deal about, and would like an answer too, but had been too stubborn to ask about.

So she just stood there, looking like she were about to start an argument, but not getting anywhere with it. It'd just be air, and the grand total of zero sounds, escaping out of her muzzle.

It might be seen as somewhat of a waste of time for the Consul, but in Void's defense, she didn't just step up and demand an audience there and now. She had put in a request, and asked if she could please see him about something before Null were sent away. Far as she were aware, she had followed a somewhat standard,civilian protocol with this whole thing. If not, she hadn't been told where she had failed at least.

(General Tidal Wave)

Convoy probably expected a lot of things, when he revealed that he were a changeling. Considering Equestria's history with them, and how strained it still were for some, even after Thorax had reformed the biggest of the Equestrian hives, it were warranted to think it could be a sour response. Especially if it were a non-reformed one, as though the laws had been okay with them, long as they did not try to do something... Familiar, there were still a lot of bad looks sent towards the olden kind. Some of the guards even disregarded the law, and just turned their back when they saw a changeling getting harassed, claiming that they didn't see anything going wrong.

Such guards were mostly not treated well if it were discovered by the higher ups, but since it were often the words of a random changeling against an actual guard, it weren't often that anything even came to their attention.

Tidal's response to it all? A raised eyebrow, small smirk, and the sentence "Could've fooled me, but hey, least this solves that problem."

What problem that were? Well then, she'd explain. She better honestly, since quite frankly, the sentence on its own were a bit pants without some clarification.

"We got a former nursing drone back at South Point, that helps out with the medical side of things. Sweet gal, ain't causing any sort of trouble, but she's been a bit down recently, and I've been thinking that it's been because she doesn't have any of her own sort to have a chatter with. This right here's gonna be something she'd be mighty happy to hear.

Now, I ain't saying you should open up about this to anypony there, or wander 'round all showing like her. Tides know that I get your want to not strutting around this here secret, seeing the sorta story our sort got between one another. Just saying that I'd like if perhaps you two could have an open chat at some point, to kinda help one another, since try as we might, it ain't easy to talk to her when we aren't able to truly understand everything she's going through.

And just for the record, if you ever wanted to show your true colors, you could just do it there. Changelings got protected under Equestrian law, and I ain't bucking that trend. 'specially not when I've lost a few of your kind, who were doing their part in getting us through the miserable years. Ain't no way in hay or high water that I'd condemn a changeling after seeing some fall to protect us, and I don't know anypony up the ranks that does."

They hadn't known they had changelings among them at first. Little buggers were good at hiding, and as such, a few had snuck in among the survivors, or got in later, seeking refugee in town hidden as some other creature. Ponies mostly.

Once the first one had gotten revealed, after he had jumped in front of a wounded guard, about to get attacked by a marauder that had gotten through their front line. He had died on the spot, and well... Magic didn't seem to keep running after they passed on, so his disguise had faltered before he even hit the ground.

Been a surprise for them all, and caused them to start asking questions and look around, until they found two more. Both working in some important roles, helping out, and begging them on their knees to not throw them out. Poor things had been terrified and crying, worried they'd get booted just 'cause of old grudges... Thankfully hadn't happened, even if one had grumbled a bit about not liking this whole thing. South Point didn't stand because they were a racial exclusivity club after all. They made it through because they all pulled their weight, and worked as a unit. Didn't matter what race, and after seeing the heroics of their fallen kin, there weren't any sort of way that they'd push them away. A few changelings needing a bit of sugar here and there wasn't so bad for their health either really, so it wasn't a big deal before that, nor were it made into something afterwards.

Of the few found out, only one remained now, after the other two had fallen through some tough situations, and it were honestly good news that there were now somepony she could talk to. A trained guard even, so Convoy would be less likely to go down easily. Especially with the gates closed.

"Anyway, chew on it, and rest assured that I'll keep your secret tight. And thank you for feeling like you could trust me enough with this. It warms the hearth to know that I've made enough of a good impression on you, to make you think I can be trusted with this. I promise that I won't put that trust to shame.

Now then, you've seen Sunset anywhere? I wanted to give an update on things, and inform that I got the ship ready for the folks you gave word out would come back the first trip. Or do you think she's in there, and we'll just take that afterwards? Can't keep the crowd waiting forever."

The entire conversation had been taking place someplace secure, where they were alone, and not talked about in a loud tone, just to make sure that there weren't somepony listening in. Wouldn't be good if that happened, after this moment of trust between 'em.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"T-Thank you for seeing us, Consul Easle. I'm sorry if it's a little out of nowhere, but you're the uhm... Karma lord in town, I guess. I wanted to please to ask, if you know if our p-parents are *clear*, so that Null can go see them? I know it might seem trivial, but they miss her, and want to see her before she takes off for w-who knows how long. We're just all scared that they have a debt that Null would be pushed to s-settle, so she hides from them."

There was quite the series of emotions on the Consul's face, whatever he had been expecting Void to want to talk to him about, it hadn't been this. First he was surprised, then confused, then some sort of combination of amused and disappointed, the kind a parent has when their child breaks a rule but in a hilarious way. He turned to face Null, "You've been a bearer for what, two weeks now? Almost a month? And you haven't seen your parents once during that time?" He chuckled as he shook his head, "I do understand, I had similar hesitations when I first took up the mantle. You do remember though that I personally met with your parents, helped them recover their memories, while they aren't perfect ponies by a long shot, they have more than repaid their debts. If anything, you being separated from them has entitled them to a bit of extra mercy. When you report to the front gates tomorrow I expect to hear that you visited your family, or I may just drag you there myself."

He turned back to Void, staring at her for a bit, "I see why Mercy desires you so, you're almost selfless to a fault, always looking to help others." He shook his head, "If that's all you needed from me, there are other matters to put in order for the embassy."

(General)

Above all else, Convoy was relieved that the General was accepting.

"Could've fooled me, but hey, least this solves that problem."

He rolled his eyes, "That is, after all, the point."

"We got a former nursing drone back at South Point, that helps out with the medical side of things. Sweet gal, ain't causing any sort of trouble, but she's been a bit down recently, and I've been thinking that it's been because she doesn't have any of her own sort to have a chatter with. This right here's gonna be something she'd be mighty happy to hear.

Convoy looked down, "I understand, we've all been down since our queens fell. So far as I know only two or three are yet alive, and all are inaccessible at the moment, and none of them mine. My Queen, Sleipnir, fell in the evacuation of Manehatten, she sacrificed herself so the citizens and the rest of us could get away to safety. Without a queen many lose direction, and without others to support... I can only imagine how she feels."

And just for the record, if you ever wanted to show your true colors, you could just do it there. Changelings got protected under Equestrian law, and I ain't bucking that trend. 'specially not when I've lost a few of your kind, who were doing their part in getting us through the miserable years. Ain't no way in hay or high water that I'd condemn a changeling after seeing some fall to protect us, and I don't know anypony up the ranks that does."

Convoy nodded, "I appreciate it, but if it's all the same to you I'll remain disguised, this form suits me well after all, as a well designed identity should."

Now then, you've seen Sunset anywhere? I wanted to give an update on things, and inform that I got the ship ready for the folks you gave word out would come back the first trip. Or do you think she's in there, and we'll just take that afterwards? Can't keep the crowd waiting forever."

Convoy shrugged, "I can't say I've seen her since the meeting, but given what she told us at the estate I wouldn't be surprised is she came with us disguised so the others wouldn't see her leave. I suppose if she turns up in South Port when we arrive, we'll know."

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

(Sisters)

Void squirmed a bit under the Consul's look, feeling like she had honestly wasted his time some, as he brought up a fact that should have tipped them off long ago: He had already met their parents. If there were vengeance to strike upon them, why had he not done so earlier? It was honestly quite embarrassing, as were seen from the hard to notice, dark red blush that faintly showed on her face. With her coat color, a blush didn't have a strong chance to be noticed, though her slight squirming were far easier to see.

"I'm... I'm s-sorry Consul, I forgot that you already..."

"Don't. It's not your fault, it's mine."

Null nearly growled as she said this, rather obviously angry. Not with any of them though. No, this anger were directed at her idiotic self, who should have known this from the get go, and instead had wasted the time she could have had before she had to go out into the world, being nervous about nothing. Absolutely nothing!

She kicked a piece of wood across the floor and into the wall on the other side of the room, to try and get some of the frustrations out of her body. Something which quite frankly, barely scratched the surface. The following stomping session didn't do much else, but to make some dust flutter around that they hadn't swept up yet either, but she didn't care about it. She felt furious and stupid at the same time, and subsequently wandered straight towards the door without saying goodbye to either of them.

"W-Wait, where are you going?"

"Home."

With that, she'd go out of the workshop, fuming from the pores and with a look that seems as if anger-fueled lightning were near to sparking around her, and shut the door behind her. Hard.

(the next does not happen if she is stopped)

Void stood back then, alone with the Consul, feeling like she wanted to crawl into a tiny hole and just stay there until she were forgotten about.

"I'm really sorry for all of t-this. With e-everything going on, it must've slipped our minds. I'm r-really sorry for have wasted your time, Consul. P-Please forgive me, while I go get hold of Null. She's not in the right mind for m-meeting our parents right now. I have to d-drag her off s-somewhere to cool off."

She'd move towards the door, though would briefly halt and turn to look at the Consul once more.

"I'm still t-thinking about Mercy. But I can't go anywhere until m-mom have given birth."

If there were nothing more, she'd rush after Null to catch up with her before the aggravated mare would get into trouble, or start the meeting with their parents, with an argument. Nine might have also pitched in to try and calm her down before that. It were tough to say what the curious specter would do about a situation like this.

(General Tidal Wave)

On 5/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Convoy looked down, "I understand, we've all been down since our queens fell. So far as I know only two or three are yet alive, and all are inaccessible at the moment, and none of them mine. My Queen, Sleipnir, fell in the evacuation of Manehatten, she sacrificed herself so the citizens and the rest of us could get away to safety. Without a queen many lose direction, and without others to support... I can only imagine how she feels."

"I don't get the full scope of what it's like for you changelings not having a queen, but I do sympathize with her, as well as you. I can't imagine what it must've been like for either of you to feel that bond break, though I can relate to seeing someone you care about sacrifice themselves so that others could live. My husband made that choice himself, and even if it's a noble sacrifice, it doesn't make the loss much easier.

*sigh* But much as I get that part, the link between changelings and queens are something only you folks can wrap your heads fully around. I can only try to offer a shoulder to cry on, and all the encouragement I can muster, but I'm guessing what she - and maybe you - needs more than that though, is somepony who actually understands. Might do her a world of good to know there's somepony there who gets it.

Dunno what queens are out there though, nor who hers are. She doesn't wanna tell, and I ain't gonna pry. Could be anypony from Chrysalis to Cheshire, really."

Cheshire had been a fairly new queen before the crisis. A jovial sort with a small hive, who had fully embraced the working together with ponies to strike a deal with Las Pegasus, the second she had the opportunity. Had been rather controversial at the time, but the changelings eagerly wanting to join in on the theater circuit were soon enough seen as a boon, since their abilities made costume changes, prolonged makeup sessions and the like, a little more pointless. And what they got in return? Why, joy and laughter of course. Their main emotional food, practically showered upon them for performing shows for audiences of all ages? It were a dream come true. Doubly so since she and her hive were some of the more social, unreformed changelings, and had yearned for their chance to mingle into any pony town, for other purposes than stealing away some emotions here and there.

It had not been a transition without problems of course. Some were not happy to have them around, and they had been barred access to a couple of places, despite the law protecting them. Devious little things were practically impossible to actually keep out though, and they tended to not only frequent those more than the more welcoming places, but openly transform back to their regular forms just before leaving the establishment, to sorta poke at the owners of the place.

Especially Cheshire herself liked to make a show out of it, and had a tendency to actively appear here and there throughout her visit, then blend back into the crowd just to mess with whoever didn't want her there. Usually to the amusement of the locals, whom had a growing number of folks willing to pitch in for the pure entertainment of seeing some close-minded bigot get pulled around by his nose.

Sadly, Cheshire were no longer in Las Pegasus. When the crisis had happened, she had been on a trip to the forest to practice on a new stage that had been set up down there for the forest-loving tourists, and had only a few of her dozen changelings with her down there.

It were still unknown what had happened. The forest fires had been easy enough to see from the distance of town, with the smoke piling up from that area, as Discord's forced had encroached on the area, but there were no eyes on the ground, and the link were too strained for the changelings in the town itself to feel if it had been forcefully severed, through Cheshire dying, or if she had perhaps stopped it herself for some other reason.

Around four had frantically rushed down there before they could be stopped, desperate to find their queen. They had all been struck down before they even made landfall.

These days, there were a lot of speculation and rumors about Cheshire. Most were sure that she had died down there. Struck down as one of the first by the encroaching army. Yet the three that remained from her hive, as well as some of their friends, refused to believe in that, citing the queens talent for blending in and hiding even in plain sight, as reason to believe that she were either in deep hiding, or had infiltrated the army to try and do her part from the inside. There were no proof for either option, nor her death, but it kept the spirits up for her remaining changelings, who did their very best to try and spread smiles in the new city, with performances wherever it were needed. From an improv stage to the hospital, to nurseries alike. It didn't matter. They were hellbent on keeping their queen's legacy alive, whilst waiting for what they were certain would be her glorious return.

It helped keep the morale up, which were good, considering they were more or less useless in a fight. They were performers and tricksters, not warriors, and were just as likely to hurt themselves with a sword as they were others.

On 5/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I can't say I've seen her since the meeting, but given what she told us at the estate I wouldn't be surprised is she came with us disguised so the others wouldn't see her leave. I suppose if she turns up in South Port when we arrive, we'll know."

"Yeah, guess you're right. Let's go in and address the crowd then, shall we not?"

A big ol' grin on her face, and she'd be on her way to see what sorta crowd they had been able to draw in. Hopefully she'd see some familiar faces among the crowd. Yes, even the ones who could describe in great details how she had been essentially dragged outta the shallow waters, drunk off her flank and cowered in seaweed, whilst proclaiming herself to be the goddess of the ocean.

After the third time or so, you really had to wonder how she had been able to get past the stage of recruit, and all the way up to general. Guess some ponies just managed to change. Or her alcohol tolerance got stronger, and she shifted away from moonshine. It were a minorly debated thing every now and again, among some of the bored guards on the slow days in Shark Bay, and a couple of times in South Point since. Folks did like their stories after all, and it wasn't like she hadn't shared a few, so she tended to just shrug it off and consider it fair game.

Edited by Blitz Boom

@Blitz Boom

On 5/27/2020 at 10:10 AM, Blitz Boom said:

"I'm really sorry for all of t-this. With e-everything going on, it must've slipped our minds. I'm r-really sorry for have wasted your time, Consul. P-Please forgive me, while I go get hold of Null. She's not in the right mind for m-meeting our parents right now. I have to d-drag her off s-somewhere to cool off."

Illiad smiled, shaking his head, "Not at all, I enjoy any excuse to get out of the estate. Getting out among the populous is doing wonders for my health. Again, I understand why she'd worry, and I'm glad I could help alleviate the worry. When you find her, remind her that until she finishes her personal vendettas she is not required nor expected to exact vengeance on anyone else."

"I'm still t-thinking about Mercy. But I can't go anywhere until m-mom have given birth."

Illiad nodded, "Of course, nor would Mercy require it of you. Part of your parents' repayment is having you around to help. I have no doubt that even if you accepted Mercy's offer you'd be at your mother's side for a good long while."

Illiad would let her leave then, exiting the shop as well so she could lock it up before running after her sister.

(General)

"I don't get the full scope of what it's like for you changelings not having a queen, but I do sympathize with her, as well as you. I can't imagine what it must've been like for either of you to feel that bond break, though I can relate to seeing someone you care about sacrifice themselves so that others could live. My husband made that choice himself, and even if it's a noble sacrifice, it doesn't make the loss much easier.

*sigh* But much as I get that part, the link between changelings and queens are something only you folks can wrap your heads fully around. I can only try to offer a shoulder to cry on, and all the encouragement I can muster, but I'm guessing what she - and maybe you - needs more than that though, is somepony who actually understands. Might do her a world of good to know there's somepony there who gets it.

Dunno what queens are out there though, nor who hers are. She doesn't wanna tell, and I ain't gonna pry. Could be anypony from Chrysalis to Cheshire, really."

Convoy thought for a moment, "Our queens are our mothers, but also fill a role in our lives much like Celestia did for the Equestrians. Losing them is tantamount to losing ones mother, and Celestia, in the same traumatic moment. Afterwards you are left wanting for their love and guidance, what once brought you a sense of purpose and duty becomes hollow as you remember there is no longer a hive for you to support, no more young to defend, only you."

He shook himself out of the hole he was digging for himself, "No matter, can't change the past. As to the Queens, we know that Permu and Oracle survived, Permu on the Æther, and Oracle at Blackwater. There's a few unconfirmed, but they were mostly on the Cervidian continent, like Nirvana and Maripose."

"Yeah, guess you're right. Let's go in and address the crowd then, shall we not?"

(Assuming you mean the crowd ready to depart for South Port?)

Outside the city, on the recently cleared roadway headed south, was gathered a few dozen ponies and about two dozen assorted other races who had volunteered to be in the first wave of those going to South Port in preparation for retaking and rebuilding North Port. The vast majority of them had been Equestrian, though there were a few, mostly those of the other races, who had not been from Equestria and even a few who were native Trojans. Troy had graciously donated a half dozen desert caravan carts to the cause, the kind which were eight legged minotaur golems skilled at crossing sand, which were currently being loaded up with their possessions and the supplies they would need to make the trip down to South Port.

They would turn to watch the General as she approached, waiting to see what her orders would be.

@Illiad Easle

(Sisters)

On 5/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"Not at all, I enjoy any excuse to get out of the estate. Getting out among the populous is doing wonders for my health. Again, I understand why she'd worry, and I'm glad I could help alleviate the worry. When you find her, remind her that until she finishes her personal vendettas she is not required nor expected to exact vengeance on anyone else."

A nice thought, but they likely both knew that Null were not the type who didn't get involved. She were abrasive and confrontational, with a want to protect the ones who were beaten down by others, who never got what they deserved. If she stumbled upon something, she would act, in whatever way were needed. Only thing that would potentially make her ignore something until later, would be if she had a chance to capture the Grey, and as such, might reason that she would be back to deal with the others, soon enough. It would depend on her mood more than likely though, as well as the situation the one being beaten down were in at he given moment.

CVoid would find Null soon, and though she struggled some, Null couldn't stop her younger sister from carrying her up, and rush towards the nearest alley that didn't seem to have anyone there, so that they could talk things out. As well as allow Null a chance to kick some rocks and such around to get some further frustrations out of her system.

A pair of eyes would be watching them though. Cloaked in a grey robe, with a long hood, covering the face, the only thing that were seen were a single, glowing slit eye, that seemed to thin as it focused on the sisters.

Whoever it were would turn their head and start to wander along again, within ten seconds of seeing the show. Probably just one of the war wounded that did not like to show their scars, who had gotten curious what these two were arguing about. It were not the first one to wear full body disguises like this because of some sort of disfigurement, though the robe were at least somewhat difference. Most were single color, and didn't have a mark near the right thigh that looked like a slashing red claw. A bit with some personal flair.

Anyway, the sisters would have eased up after about a half hour, and would wander together to their parents place, where Void would walk, before pushing Null in front of her. The later not seeming too thrilled about this regardless, but less as if she wanted to strangle someone, and more just sad and regretful.

(General Tidal Wave)

"No matter, can't change the past. As to the Queens, we know that Permu and Oracle survived, Permu on the Æther, and Oracle at Blackwater. There's a few unconfirmed, but they were mostly on the Cervidian continent, like Nirvana and Maripose."

"It's good there's some queens left, though I'm still hoping we got a few in hiding, or who had infiltrated one of the hostile forces, maybe. You changelings are some resilient, resourceful folks. It'd be nice having some more of ya to help around, and you need your leaders as much as we do. Probably even more, it sounds like.

I'm personally hoping Cheshire is out there. What I wouldn't give for one of her concerts one of these days... *sigh* The world needs its glimmers of light to keep the spirit up. Convoy, and there just ain't a whole lot left of 'em it seems."

They would turn to watch the General as she approached, waiting to see what her orders would be.

Orders and orders. That weren't any way to start this off, were it? Had to be friendly here after all, right? So on with her best, winning smile, and get ready to address folks.

"From the bottom of my heart, I thank the lot of you for showing up here. I know the times ahead are gonna be dangerous, but it's humbling to know that even though it's gonna take as many as possible pitching in, one way or another, there's still so many who're willing to take that challenge, as we retake North Point, and finally begin preparing to set our sights on Equestria. It's a great honor to take that trip with you all."

She'd salute to them all, with a big, impish grin on her face, as she felt a warmth bubbly up in her chest. A delightful joy at seeing the gathered beings of several races, as well as the supplies being given to them by the Trojans. Y'know, on top of the ones they bought. She weren't gonna forget this kindness, if ever they needed a helping hoof like this themselves.

She'd put her hoof down five seconds later, and look at them all with a challenging spark nearly going off in her eyes.

"Let's show those moray eels, that there ain't anything keeping an Equestrian down for long.

Alright, let's get to work folks. Let's load the ship up properly."

There'd be plenty to do there on the trip, with pegasi being able to help with the sails if the wind got slow, or the weather needed a kick in the rear before it got bad. Unicorns had their place too in helping sort out their travels back home got smoother too, as the shp did need some power here and there, and engineering alone wasn't all that were needed. There were a procedure or five that needed some unicorns, and the ones who had got them here, could use a break during the trip, to not get too strained. Working some shifts there would be ideal.

Earth ponies could help load up the ship and keeping things secure, as could several others, like minotaurs. Strong gents. Same with griffons, like that one in the grey robe over there, with the hood 'round her neck. Seemed like a bit of a strange bird, but there were an enthusiasm and joy in her eyes over being part of this that made it hard to judge a silly garment that were gonna be replaced soon enough anyway. Weren't combat gear after all.

Plus, she found that Griffons were great at dealing with robe, and that sort were sorely needed for the trip, if this one did as well. Some scouting could be helpful too.

Honestly, they'd find a need for everypony to fill, though not for the entire trip. Couldn't go working others to the bone, right? Best to have shifts, or mandatory breaks if it were not a required permanent thing they were to get on with on board.

As for the ship itself, it had been one of the larger sail ships the had left she had taken with her, to show some strength when arriving, and it had barely been filled with more than the essential staff, and a few guards. The sick one from earlier having now returned to his duties it seemed, though his posture weren't as good as the others. Poor lad had a bad day though, so she weren't gonna correct him or anything.

So yeah, there'd be plenty of room on what were essentially a galleon, for both beings and supplies. They'd have to stash everything on board though, and do so under the watchful eyes of Ship Captain Downtrodden. A grey pegasus male, mid twenties, with sunken in eyes and bags under them that made it permanently seem as if he hadn't slept for days, and a posture that matched his constantly wet looking mane and tail, to make him appear as if he were somewhat depressed and had stayed in bed for a while.

It were just the luck of the genetic draw though, since he were a rather happy pony, as were seen on the tired looking smile on his face.

Some of the ponies from Canterlot might remember him, as one of the ponies helping out as a volunteer fire fighter in the town, and otherwise little more than a low rung guard that for some reason, others tended to look at for guidance, as if he had a real rank. Since he had been on vacation in Shark Bay when all Tartarus broke loose, he had managed to get away with them, and due to his sailing experience, he'd been put to good work. Not as the captain initially, but again, others for some reason tended to default to him to guide things along, including the former captain, who had taken on one of the smaller vessels instead these days. A bit weird, but he did well, so no complaints from her side.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

The next night, the sun had just touched the horizon when the guard would come to get Null if she weren't already at the Consul's estate or the front gates to bring her to the city gates where the rest of the embassy was gathered. It was a small group, just over half a dozen in total, with a pair of minotaur sand walkers like the ones that had been given to the ROC to get their supplies across the desert to the shoreline. The group included Ambassador Branch, an assistant ambassador Dove, a pair of clerical workers, and a guard for each of them, Null being the ninth in the group. The guards didn't seem too excited, more cautious, but the ambassador was delighted, talking to anyone who would listen about how she had lived in Las Pegasus as a young filly before her family moved to Omarega before the war and how much she wanted to see how it had changed since then.

Once they were given the go ahead by the city guard, they all got on the walkers and began their journey across the desert.

(I'll let you catch up before I get into the encounters in the desert)

@Illiad Easle

The visit to their parents had been a rather emotional one, with Null crying and apologizing a good deal of the first half hour, whilst they all collectively gathered around and showed her their love and support, rather than the scorn she thought she deserved for her blind idiocy.

Once that were over, Void would go and make them all something to eat, whilst Null talked things through with their parents about how life were with them, and the details about how Void were going to stick around at least for a while more, to both protect them in the transition period, and make sure they got help with the new foal. She still didn't feel right leaving them behind, but she knew that this were her path to keeping them safe, and the mere thought that the Grey were going to just be allowed to get away with all he had done, made her blood boil. He had to pay, and she were going to be the one to make it happen.

The rest of the evening went on with mostly stories. Their parents asked of some things that happened to them out in the world that were good, to focus on that rather than all the bad, and in turn, the siblings would also ask them for stories of what had happened in recent years, plans for the future, etc. When eventually they went off to rest, Null gave them both a long, drawn out farewell hug, and promised that she would do what she could to stay in contact, even if only through letters, so they knew that she were okay.

It were a tearful moment for the once split apart family, and neither Null, nor Void, could sleep that night because of all the thoughts rummaging around their heads. So instead, they worked, with Null doing hers to finish some projects she had set aside, so that she could leave here with a clean slate, as well as making sure to tell Void to make sure to give her notebook on the varied designs and such she used for false legs to someone who were gonna do it right, and not try something like a monopoly. If possible, she even encouraged Void to try and publicly release these somehow, so that it'd be accessible for anyone, but she would have to figure out the bigger details by herself when the time came.

The two of them didn't touch much upon the major issue though: That the two of them were going to be splitting apart, and this time not just because one had gotten lost or kidnapped. But basically for good, as they each had to pursue their own lives from this point forth.

It would be touched upon as they finally got rest, around a half hour before the sun rose, and were more or less a bunch of reassurances from both sides that they were going to be okay, and warnings from Null about Void having to think long and hard before accepting Mercy, as she hoped that her little sister would finally be able to have some semblance of a life.

Void did not tell her, as she didn't want her to worry, but so far, her opinion were leaning towards accepting. Not now of course. The little one were on the way, there were a transition period now after the gate were closed, and maybe someone would come around to try and get to their family, before Null got to them, so she would likely end up staying here for a long while. But eventually, the thought of going out there and this time not running away, but actually helping others on a level she couldn't even dream about before, were tempting.

The day would go with some more work and preparation, so when the guard eventually came for her, Null stood ready in her garments,with a homemade harness straddled to her, so that she could have the nail bat she stole from the gate sitting comfortably between her wings, and two small, leather saddlebags down her sides. Not a whole lot to put in now, beyond some food, water, and her carving knife set, but something told her that it would end up being important in the long run. Either to get some stuff with her, or perhaps because she'd find some more cursed items, and had to start lumbering those around again to keep them out of the appendages of others. These two bags were smaller than those she had before though, as to not interfered with her wings, but she would figure something out if abundance started to become an issue. Might be there were still somewhere she could take them to get the stuff properly decursed, or at least temporarily stored out of reach, somewhere generally inhospitable.

The sisters would say their (maybe final) goodbyes, and would finally depart then, with Null's last words to her sister being that she'd be back soon, with their *father's* head on a pike, just as promised. It were probably gonna giveher some looks when the time came, but she didn't care. Far as she were concerned, wandering out of Troy after planting a pike with the Grey's head on, right in front of the consulate, were still going to be immensely satisfying.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:02 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The group included Ambassador Branch, an assistant ambassador Dove, a pair of clerical workers, and a guard for each of them, Null being the ninth in the group. The guards didn't seem too excited, more cautious, but the ambassador was delighted, talking to anyone who would listen about how she had lived in Las Pegasus as a young filly before her family moved to Omarega before the war and how much she wanted to see how it had changed since then.

Null would greet them all with a nod, and a suspicious glancing around, before easing up a bit. These seemed okay so far, but she had to remember to keep up her persona here. Firstly, by using that cover name she had gotten, when introducing herself. Likely when the talkative one would come around and speak of her time in Las Pegasus, but regardless of who it'd be, her response would be the same.

"Event Horizon. We're about ready to go?"

She had no idea who the ambassador she were supposed to watch were here, but... Branch seemed like the fancier and less paranoid, guard'ish one, so she'd wait for confirmation on things, and keep in mind that she were likely the one to protect from an axe to the face before the rest, then see where things went from here.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Good scene, well written)

The desert was hot when the sun was out, luckily their walkers had covers to keep the sun off of them as they traveled, but very cold when the sun went down. They sat one ambassador and one secretary with two guards per walker, the ninth one patrolling either on wing or hoof to ensure no traps lay ahead. This ninth position rotated among the guards hourly so none of them were out in the heat or cold for too long, and they'd have four hours rest between shifts. Outside of a few stops where they had to drive some stone crabs and the odd silt scorpion off the path, their first day of travel was relatively uneventful. The guards had started talking to each other when they weren't on patrol, each sharing about their lives before the event. There were five guards including Null, two of them were younger, having only joined the guard after the event, the other two were older, ones who had stayed behind as the final defense of Troy at the end of the event. The older ones told stories of how the world was before, the younger ones talked of how they hoped the world would be now.

Null of course could decide whether she wanted to be a part of their comradery, but if she listened to their discussion she'd learn that after the Summer war Las Pegasus, Appaloosa, and Dodge JCT had all been made Trojan cities as part of the peace treaty, but that they had also practically demanded it themselves while the war was ongoing.

They made camp the first time in the ruins of Alphyns, camping by the edge of the nearly depleted oasis. Dove, the less talkative of the ambassadors, came over to Null while they were camped, "So Event, what's your story? You don't seem much like the other guards, and the Consul said you were being added to this trip for special reasons, care to elaborate?" Dove didn't seem aggressive about it, she seemed genuinely curious.

@Illiad Easle

Null would be present as the varied guards started to form and chatter, and would listen in, but she would still retain her distance and not partake in it. As this cover story were new, she were still trying to iron out some things, and just in general, it seemed like the less she tried to mingle here, the better. Less details she'd mess up, and the stories she had would likely cause issue at some point, as there'd be sort of a trail to follow, if she wasn't careful.

Turns out that she didn't have the option to play *stoic, silent mare, keeping watch at a distance* for too long however, as the ambassadors... Assistant, or whatever she were, came over and started to chat her up. Guess she must've felt like she were lonely or something. Whatever the case, it were time for her to see if what she had thought up so far would carry.

"Never technically been a guard before today. Had a hellish time where I grew up, getting sick and tired of being mocked for my size. So I went off, and spent most of my life as a drifter, wandering the world, trying to find my place in it. Then the war came, and it all just went downhill.

I had enough experience keeping myself alive to have a shot, and enough dumb luck to find someplace to hide until I could escape to Troy. Consul Easle helped me to settle in a lot once I got myself dragged into town, so I owe him some favors. So when he were looking for some help on this trip, I volunteered to lend a hoof. Don't think I'm not worth much just cause I'm small. I've dealt out more beatings than you'd believe over the years. 

Anyway, once I'm sure you got through safely, and won't need me for a time, I'm gonna go look someone up. Been told an old friend of mine's been seen around town, who might know a few things of worth to Troy. Probably the special part Consul Easle were on about."

Old saying she heard once, were that a lie were best hidden in the middle of the truth. So she had essentially told the truth on this, but just changed a few details around. Technically, she Had been spending most of her life as a drifter, after growing up somewhere sucky, and had indeed been fighting quite a lot. Seemed easier to remember this whole thing when it got close to the truth, but weren't specifically telling it.

Regarding her *father* though, it were mostly a lie that he knew things. Or rather, that she were gonna let him tell them anything, as she didn't much care for whatever vomited out of his gullet. She'd interrogate him for what little she wanted to know - mainly why he had done this to them - and then separate his thick skull from his neck. After that, it were just finding a way back home, and a pike. she had a promise to keep.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

Dove nodded, "Makes sense, and no offence, but I did wonder why someone so small was put on as a guard. Nonetheless, your file did mention your age being high enough as well as your varied experience in the sort of things you'd want in a guard." She looked out across the ruins of Alphyns, "Discord destroyed so much, was so hard to stop. It's a wonder they survived out there. Most of those who were left alone were those who sided with him. I know the reports say that this new leader of theirs liberated the town from the legionaries who had captured it, I'm just not sure it's as good as it sounds."

She gave a slight smile back at Null, "It comforts me a bit to know that you've got  friend there, it makes this trip a bit less stressful. I hope you're able to find them when we get there."

Dove seemed to pick up that Null wasn't much for conversation, and so got up to move on to her tent. "Be sure to rest up, we wouldn't want you to be tired on your watch."

The next section of travel was more of the same, the occasional scorpion and crab to kick off the path or kill, the rarer tar-spawn to dispatch. Early on they passed the remains of the Alphyns Observatory, the sight of the giant telescope sitting in pieces on the sand brought a somber mood to the group, one of the guards collected a piece of a shattered lens to take with them. When asked, either by Null or another guard, he commented, "I'll make a spear or maybe a short sword out of it. It seems just retribution to defend the future of Troy with the remnants of its past."

They came to rest once the sun was too hot to continue at an elevated oasis atop a plateau, from which they could barely see the dead oasis to one side and a cluster of clouds which Ambassador Branch proclaimed was New Pegas, she had almost wanted to continue on immediately, but the guards assured her they'd get there just fine waiting for nightfall.

On Null's patrol while they rested she'd encounter a doorway hidden in the clay on the far side of the oasis, most likely it had been hidden by some enchantment as none of the other guards had reported it on their patrols, and it was fairly obvious when she stumbled upon it. Would she enter alone? Call for assistance? Ignore it completely?

@Illiad Easle

12 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"Discord destroyed so much, was so hard to stop. It's a wonder they survived out there. Most of those who were left alone were those who sided with him. I know the reports say that this new leader of theirs liberated the town from the legionaries who had captured it, I'm just not sure it's as good as it sounds."

"Anyone telling you that there's someone out there who survived by being a beacon of good and had no ulterior motive, is feeding you propaganda. I've been around enough to know, that there's no sunshine stories where everything's good. At best there had to be lives sacrificed to get the job done. At worst, it's a dictatorship, ruled by someone who drapes themselves in a veil of kindness, whilst being splattered through with blood. Try listening in to the stories you hear to find out what sort's the most likely. The more one sided it is, the more you should watch your back.

Trust me: There are no such thing as a perfect story."

It might seem pessimistic, but it were the truth, and recent years had just proven it further to the rest of the world. And when it came to her *father*, she knew that there were something not right in it. With all the evil he had caused, there were no way he had suddenly become the great savior, and soon enough, she'd have a chance to look at him and see all that disgusting vengeance he had coming to him.

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"Be sure to rest up, we wouldn't want you to be tired on your watch."

"I will. Maybe I'll join in with a few stories tomorrow. Got a lot on my mind right now."

She were honestly thinking herself as being quite nice about things right now, but this one hadn't been acting badly either, so she'd try to behave back. It were just... She really did have a lot on her mind, and she were feeling both irritated and tense on top of everything, due to Void not being here anymore. It felt wrong not being near her sister, and something told her that it were going to take years to get used to this feeling. Maybe it never would end, regardless of the fact that she knew it had to, sooner or later.

She'd use her time not on duty, to try and gain a little rest, and managed to get in a little time, yet were awake for about a half hour before it were her time to be on duty. Time she'd spend doing some more wing exercises, to help on control a bit more, though she didn't fly. In case she had to hide her curse as the same thing afflicting other pegasi, she had to appear as being grounded too, unless there were little other choice.

"I'll make a spear or maybe a short sword out of it. It seems just retribution to defend the future of Troy with the remnants of its past."

"I can respect that. I know my way around a forge, if you need some pointers on how to use it right."

Null had indeed asked why he picked this up, as she were not feeling connected in any way to this telescope or the things around it, as she had barely even heard of this thing to begin with, but hearing his reasoning made sense. It were something that mattered to him, and he wanted to carry a symbol with him when he fought for the future. There were a kind of beauty in that, which even she could respect.

On Null's patrol while they rested she'd encounter a doorway hidden in the clay on the far side of the oasis, most likely it had been hidden by some enchantment as none of the other guards had reported it on their patrols, and it was fairly obvious when she stumbled upon it. Would she enter alone? Call for assistance? Ignore it completely?

Ah, lovely. A secret passage down, into who knew were, likely obfuscated by magic since no one else had mentioned it. Also because it didn't react before she got close to it. So now were the option on what to do... She honestly wanted to just go down there, and see what'd happen if she also kept on the whole ensemble, and had Nine activate it. Yet at the same time, just doing this meant that the rest might get concerned, or they could get attacked when she wasn't there, and if they then didn't know where she were... Urgh, guess she had to go and tell them first that she had to check something, just to make sure.

So she'd go back, and flag down whoever else were there on guard for the time being.

"Hey, I found something a bit odd, and I'm gonna go check it out to make sure everything's on the up and up. Probably ain't something serious, so I can deal with it alone, and if it's dangerous, I know how to deal with it."

She'd grab the nil bat and give it a small swing, showing what it were that she meant before putting it effortlessly back again. It were surprising how easy it were to get used to this in a way, yet at the same time, swinging something blunt at others wasn't exactly a new thing. This one were just pointer, more than anything. And had a satisfying weight to it that made impact vibrate a little through her leg. Void had actually been a bit concerned at seeing how much smashing things and describing it, had made Null seem sort of happy now and again.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Anyone telling you that there's someone out there who survived by being a beacon of good and had no ulterior motive, is feeding you propaganda. I've been around enough to know, that there's no sunshine stories where everything's good. At best there had to be lives sacrificed to get the job done. At worst, it's a dictatorship, ruled by someone who drapes themselves in a veil of kindness, whilst being splattered through with blood. Try listening in to the stories you hear to find out what sort's the most likely. The more one sided it is, the more you should watch your back.

Trust me: There are no such thing as a perfect story."

Dove was a little taken aback, "Come now, I know Troy isn't perfect, it never was, but it survived. Blackwater, Himillama, Archback, the Æther... they all survived because creatures came together to defend against Discord. Hundreds died to ensure those bastions would stand, and if they did it, why couldn't this one too? Still, I agree, Branch is too optimistic about this trip. I have no doubts that Pegas is not the shining city on the sea she remembers from her foalhood."

"I can respect that. I know my way around a forge, if you need some pointers on how to use it right."

The guard nodded, "If we can find a forge in the city, I'll be sure to ask you about it. Remind me if I don't."

"Hey, I found something a bit odd, and I'm gonna go check it out to make sure everything's on the up and up. Probably ain't something serious, so I can deal with it alone, and if it's dangerous, I know how to deal with it."

The same guard with the telescope shard was the one she had found, he stood up to follow, "No sense in going alone, wouldn't want you getting ambushed or replaced. I'll watch your back."

The guard would not be deterred from accompanying Null, it was a good sign that he didn't seem to doubt her if that counted for anything.

If Null did return to the doorway with the other guard in tow he'd be surprised to find it, "Wonder why I didn't see that on my patrol, must have gotten distracted by something to miss a hole like that. You want me to follow you in or keep watch up here?" If Null asked why he didn't offer to go down with Null watching the opening: "Hey now, you were all set to investigate it yourself just a moment ago, I see no need to change that plan."

If Null decided to go down she'd find the tunnel rather small, it was large enough that she could get through it comfortably, but anyone larger would have some trouble getting through. It was reminiscent of a diamond dog tunnel or a changeling hive passage, but smaller than normal. Away from the entrance, turning a corner from the opening she'd find the tunnel illuminated by luminescent moss. It didn't give off much light, but it was enough to see where the tunnel went without feeling along the side. After a few more meters she'd come to a fork, to the left was more of the moss, to the right was dark, but had a faint murmuring sound almost like speech.

@Illiad Easle

On 6/7/2020 at 8:37 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Come now, I know Troy isn't perfect, it never was, but it survived. Blackwater, Himillama, Archback, the Æther... they all survived because creatures came together to defend against Discord. Hundreds died to ensure those bastions would stand, and if they did it, why couldn't this one too? Still, I agree, Branch is too optimistic about this trip. I have no doubts that Pegas is not the shining city on the sea she remembers from her foalhood."

Null sighed slightly and shook her head. It seemed like she just wasn't getting the point about this.

"You just proved my point. Hundreds died for the safe havens. Good beings who sacrificed their lives so that others could live. This is the best case scenario I'm talking about, where blood's been spilled, but considering everything, it were mostly from some who went down swinging for a cause, and that's about as good as it gets in this messed up world. Sacrificing the lives of others against their will ain't on the good spectrum of thing, y'know.

I can't say for sure if anyone I knew died during the crisis, but I've been around a lot of places out there. Seen a lot of blood spilled that didn't have to, and some from folks thinking it was their only option. I dunno, sometimes it might've been, but I'm just trying to warn you through experience here. Maybe you're lucky and New Las Pegasus's been kept going through a valiant war effort that cost lives, but got it done with a purpose. But if there's no memorials, or graves to those that've been lost, and just glorifying words about victories and how good it's going, or how that leader of theirs is the best thing since pear juice... Ain't nothing as suspicious, as a place that doesn't honor their dead properly. Not these days."

Null were a cynical, paranoid, untrustworthy ball of hatred in many aspects, but even in her worst hours, she knew that there were good folks out there, and innocents who didn't deserve what happened to them. If she hadn't, she would've never cared about all the cursed items they found, or keep getting guilt tripped by the faces of those she'd let down, or friends who had died because of them over the years.

And in areas where there had been a good deal of folks who had ended up dead for the sake of others, like any place who had kept going over the crisis years would've gone through, there were mourners, shrines, and stories about the heroes. If there weren't, then generally speaking, the area had issues. Oftentimes cult leaders, which were a weird constant that Void and her had run into at least twice a year. For some reason, every country seemed to have a bunch of weirdoes dedicated to one shrewd individual, or some kind of deity. Mostly the second. Which in some cases were pretty bad. Not as in *demanded creatures sacrificed in their names*, but actually *told others to stop sacrificing others in their names*. Nothing as messed up as seeing a cult belittled by the deity they worshiped, for doing something he/she/it apparently explicitly told them weren't okay.

"Wonder why I didn't see that on my patrol, must have gotten distracted by something to miss a hole like that. You want me to follow you in or keep watch up here?" If Null asked why he didn't offer to go down with Null watching the opening: "Hey now, you were all set to investigate it yourself just a moment ago, I see no need to change that plan."

"Stay up here, and if you hear a blood curdling scream, things weren't as safe as I thought. Unless it's a different pitch. Might be bringing back a *friend* then."

Null wanted to go at this on her own anyway, as she wanted to test something with this new gig of hers, so just as she finished this, she'd start up a thought with Nine hopefully listening in.

"Hey, think you can turn on those freeze inducing powers while we're wandering down? Thinking this is as good a time as any to stay safe."

Sure it were going to be freezing, but she weren't gonna end up dead before she had her vengeance that easily. Besides, she had to get used to this stuff sooner or later, and she had admittedly been focusing mostly on other training sessions, rather than this. Probably weren't good to keep pushing it away.

Regardless of how long it'd take, she kept on going and soon enough found herself in a somewhat low tunnel. Wadda ya know? One of the few places it were a boon to be her size. The amount of times she had used a diamond dog network of lesser tunnels to travel around with in a pinch... Weren't a high number, due to Void being with her, but on occasion there had been times when she had to do it to get to her sister, or just took a shortcut, whilst Void went with the larger tunnels that could deal with her size.

The moss were a nice touch she didn't see with the dogs often though. Usually they had torches, or glowing gems, and this were more the kind of thing you ran into in caves that were eerily silent, and prone to having something living in them that were more or less ripped straight out of a nightmare. Or a bunch of bushwoolies. Quite honestly, she weren't sure what had been more off putting in her own experience. Something about those hairballs didn't seem right.

After a few more meters she'd come to a fork, to the left was more of the moss, to the right was dark, but had a faint murmuring sound almost like speech.

Aaah, here were something she were used to. A road split with the option between the seemingly silent and nice path, or the one that apparently had some sorta creature(s) at down the road. Experience told her that the nice looking road were a trap, and the voices were cultists, so... Damned either way, she supposed.

"Personally, I'd rather deal with the voices than something I dunno where is, or a potential pit fall. Your take on it, Nine?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

21 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Ain't nothing as suspicious, as a place that doesn't honor their dead properly. Not these days."

Dove simply nodded, "I'll... think about what you've said." [She'd then offer the farewell she gave earlier and depart.]

"Hey, think you can turn on those freeze inducing powers while we're wandering down? Thinking this is as good a time as any to stay safe."

Nine nodded, "Of course," Null would feel the numbing sensation start to cover her coat, then faint trails started to appear in front of her vision, mostly white but one red. "I've turned the eye on as well, might help you navigate a bit better. It looks like a few creatures have been through here somewhat recently."

"Personally, I'd rather deal with the voices than something I dunno where is, or a potential pit fall. Your take on it, Nine?"

At the T the trails looked like they went back and forth quite a bit, it looked like this junction was a frequent path between the lit and the loud sides. The red trail was widest on the loud side, while the white trails were widest on the lit side, except for one which was slightly wider than the red one on the loud side.

"It looks like there's a dark entity where you hear the voices along with an innocent while the others who passed through here went down the lit path. Provided these branches don't meet up again later they should be on their respective sides still, these paths are still pretty fresh."

(Assuming she goes down the dark side with the sound.)

As she entered the dark passage it was easier to see the trails on the ground, but the sound that had previously sounded like speech resolved itself into the sound of running water, likely from an underwater spring or a leak from the oasis above them.

Above the sound of the water though was the sound of sobbing, the tunnel entered a larger room dotted with the glowing moss. The white and read trails were jumbled together as if the ones making the trails got into a fight, then the white trail suddenly stopped, the red trail continuing onward in the direction of the sobbing, it was complimented by a thin trail of blood headed the same way.

At the end of the trail, at the far end of the room, were what looked like two young ponies, one was slumped on the ground, lifeless, white coat stained with drops of blood, the other had the appearance of a thestral or bat pony, blood dripping from their mouth. If Null were familiar with vampire ponies, she'd notice some signs of vampirism on the thestral. "I'm sorry... so sorry! I I didn't mean to, shouldn't have been you."

@Illiad Easle

23 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Nine nodded, "Of course," Null would feel the numbing sensation start to cover her coat, then faint trails started to appear in front of her vision, mostly white but one red. "I've turned the eye on as well, might help you navigate a bit better. It looks like a few creatures have been through here somewhat recently."

So she had a bloodhound vision going with the vengeance meter? Well then, that wasn't expected. Useful she supposed, but irritating. Nothing compared to the numbing coldness that was soaring through her though. Nothing like the equivalent of a permanent cold shower feeling, to keep you distracted. Bloody hay this was seriously gonna take ages to get used to. It was like wandering through a tundra, but without the pelts doing anything to keep the body heat in.

"It looks like there's a dark entity where you hear the voices along with an innocent while the others who passed through here went down the lit path. Provided these branches don't meet up again later they should be on their respective sides still, these paths are still pretty fresh."

"Well, If I'm to take this whole shtick serious, we should go check up on the dark and innocent auras. Might be we can save someone, and if we can't... Well, we got a job to do."

The other one sounded safer, but they were supposed to be teamed up to dole out some vengeance. Wasn't easy to do that, if she openly avoided areas where there might be a need for it. Though again, who knew? Might be they'd be able to make it there in time to make a difference, and save a life instead. That'd be nice too.

Above the sound of the water though was the sound of sobbing, the tunnel entered a larger room dotted with the glowing moss. The white and read trails were jumbled together as if the ones making the trails got into a fight, then the white trail suddenly stopped, the red trail continuing onward in the direction of the sobbing, it was complimented by a thin trail of blood headed the same way.

Okay, odds of being able to save anyone seemed to lower for each second. First the voices had stopped, then the weird lines had gotten tangled up, with only the bad one moving on, and now there were a trail of blood. There might not be a corpse in sight yet, but if you assumed that the dead couldn't be innocent or guilty of anything, this were starting to paint a clear picture. Might not be it of course, but honest time: What were the odds of it not being the case? With her track record, about 6%, on a generous day.

And sadly, it would turn out that she were right...

On 6/9/2020 at 9:06 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"I'm sorry... so sorry! I I didn't mean to, shouldn't have been you."

(Null's response will depend on whatever or not the other one is still alive)

(dead)

"Ain't no way back from what you've done now, kiddo."

It was regrettable that this had happened, and she couldn't get there in time, but there had indeed not been anything she could've done. Being too late to the party had ended up causing one kid to kill another, and sadly, due to an affliction she knew enough off to feel sorry for this one too. Sure there were the monsters who reveled in being vampires, but at this age? Little thing probably didn't ask for this cursed life, and were pretty obviously distraught at what had likely just been a fight that escalated drastically.

Sadly, far as she knew, there weren't any sorta cure for this either. So she'd either have to take the kid in and then hope that she were wrong, and the others knew something, or...

"Surrender, and you might have a chance. Don't make me leave two corpses in this place."

If the vengeance meter were sky rocketing, she likely didn't have much of a choice. Same if the kid went ballistic in a bloodlust or something like it. In which case, she'd have to put this one outta its misery. It were gonna haunt her to put an end to one this young, and if she could chose, she'd rather try to capture, tie up, and drag this one outta here. Might be there were an answer beyond *kill it, before it kills you*. Not like she knew magic, right?

The look she sent this one were pretty full of pity too, even when she stood and were clearly armed to make a point. A rather final one in fact. Wouldn't make her look like much of a killer.

(alive, but barely)

"Hey! Get your flank away!"

She'd charge in, aiming to push this one aside hard, and grab hold of the lil' one on the floor. Might be this one were gonna need a serious beating, or a trip upstairs to see if there were something that could be done about it, that were beyond Null's experience (maybe both) but first priority would be to patch this one up and haul them the hay outta here, while they still had a chance to live through this. A small one maybe, but she'd try to save a life before going after one who were clearly feeling guilty over what had happened already. Probably because of that accursed vampirism. One of the few things that made her happy about her own curse. At least it wasn't That bad. Vampirism on the other hoof, were a never-ending nightmare with only one, predictable outcome, far as she knew. It were possible she were wrong though. Never ran into one who didn't only have one of two things in mind: A want to feast on her, or some poor sap begging to be put out of their misery. Only a few of either though, as at least far as she were concerned, these sorts were pretty darn rare.

"I ain't letting you take another sip outta this one."

She'd try to drag this one off, and not resort to violence unless she had to make a choice. Optimally, she'd be able to get this one out, and try and get this other kid some help, but it were probably gonna be an either or. And if she lingered too long, there wouldn't be an *or* part of that anymore. Lotta blood loss it seemed like.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(Dead unfortunately)

1 hour ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Ain't no way back from what you've done now, kiddo."

The thestral was startled by Null's words, distancing himself from the body a short distance, "Wh... who are you? How'd you get down here? Mistress said..."

He trailed off as his attention turned back to the body.

"Surrender, and you might have a chance. Don't make me leave two corpses in this place."

The thestral deflated, "You might as well, I'm a monster aren't I? Monsters deserve to die." The sobbing returned, but he did not move from where he was, "I, I tried to help. Tried to keep them safe after Mistress left. I fought off the monsters, but now I'm the monster."

Nine sounded conflicted, "Murder is a pretty serious karmic debt, especially against one who was owed so much. It looks like this thestral's own owed relief is sufficient that you don't have to kill them. They could perhaps redeem themselves in time and service. But that's up to you."

@Illiad Easle

"I wasn't gonna hurt you, unless there were no other way."

Null spoke with a sad, actually sympathetic tone to the freaked out little thing, now starting to think to himself, that he were some sort of irredeemable monster. She probably hadn't made it any easier, with the way she had approached him either, even if she tried to be a bit soft in it. She hadn't even drawn her weapon or anything. But her version of going easy on things were skewed, and frankly, she got how her sort of approach hadn't been the best right now. So she'd try to go at this in a way that perhaps might work a bit better: With some degree of understanding. Y'know, the way Void would've done it if she were here.

"You're outta your mind if you think I'm gonna kill this one. It's only an option if there's no other choice, and it's the kindest thing I can do for 'em. It's the only way I'm willing to take on that sorta burden."

It were a few cases that were like that in her lifetime, and it were always associated with someone getting cursed, and acting against their own will. Sometimes she Void and her had been able to get them tied up and brought to a place that could deal with it, or they were able to just negate things themselves, but some curses were too far. Melting the lil' one, or making them bleed uncontrollably. That sorta thing. One she remembered vividly even included skin removal.

In those cases, when there were no chance of survival, and all that were ahead were incredible pain - or if whatever magic had affected them had taken over completely, and couldn't get removed again - Null had taken it upon herself to do what her kinder sister would never be able to do.

Did it hurt? Not what she did, no. She did her best to make it as quick and painless as possible, but it were one of those things that shattered her spirit, and if Nine had been looking around, he would've found that every last one of those memories, had been part of the floating island space that made up her mind. Because they were always there, haunting her, regardless of how it had been the kindest thing to do. It didn't stop it from hurting, and weighing on her shoulders, and were just another aspect of her life that she just didn't know how forgive herself for.

As for this kid, he seemed to still be able to think, and his debt weren't tar black here, so there wasn't a need to go that far. So she'd sit down, and look briefly at the sadly dead one, then let out a sigh before addressing the survivor again. Wasn't anything she could do for that one anyway.

"You ain't a monster, kid. I've met real monsters in my time. Creatures who caused a lot of pain to others, and didn't think about it for a second. What you are, is scared, and understandably grieving over what happened. Monsters doesn't have it in them to regret doing these sorta things. They revel in them.

Can you tell me what happened? You said something about a mistress, and some monsters attacking you? Maybe I can help you."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"You're outta your mind if you think I'm gonna kill this one. It's only an option if there's no other choice, and it's the kindest thing I can do for 'em. It's the only way I'm willing to take on that sorta burden."

Nine shrugged, "The way you talk about your father, and how you usually solve your problems, I had figured violence was typically your first response to this sort of thing. Glad to see otherwise."

Can you tell me what happened? You said something about a mistress, and some monsters attacking you? Maybe I can help you."

The thestral looked a bit surprised at Null's kindness, the tears lightening up a bit as he turned towards Null. (I assume she got closer?) It would be obvious if she had gotten closer that the colt was also blind in one eye, the scar running through it was not fresh, but it had not been treated well. "Y, you would? I suppose I could tell you, I think you're the first who's come down here since Mistress left, she cared about us more than the others, came back for us when everyone else left. She said she'd take us to Æther if we were good, but I guess we weren't because she left us here instead. She said she'd come back to get us, left us in a room like the one we came from... we didn't stay there long and we found we weren't the only ones here." He pointed to his scarred eye. "I think that's when this..." he pointed to the corpse, "...started. I suppose that's how there were so many of them, it might be why no one came back for us."

Null might remember that when they had first arrived at the plateau Branch had said that it had been used as a staging area for the evacuation to the Æther before it got overrun by the tarspawn. 

@Illiad Easle

On 6/11/2020 at 8:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"The way you talk about your father, and how you usually solve your problems, I had figured violence was typically your first response to this sort of thing. Glad to see otherwise."

"I hurt those who tries something, and pushes folks away, because I learned there's no one you can trust. Trying hard to change that part a little, but yeah, I'm aggressive and violent.

Doesn't mean I want to intentionally kill innocents. The time's I've done it, have only been mercy kills. Folks ending up in something they couldn't be saved from, and it doesn't hurt any less to do that, no matter how much I try telling myself it's the kind thing to so."

This were one of the reasons that Null feared Void accepting Mercy. Because she had commited enough mercy kills to know, that the word covered more than just being kind and help creatures in a tough spot. It could be you having to show the ultimate kind of mercy, and Null had done what she could to shield her sister from that sort of thing. Now she wouldn't be there to be able to shoulder that sort of burden anymore, and it terrified Null. Her sister were too kind of a mare, to have to carry around this sort of soul crushing guilt.

In regards to the youngling, Null hadn't moved closer, as she thoyght that trying might make him think she were sneaking closer to deliver the killing blow. So she stayed out of reach, and sitting down, to sorta try and appeared a little less offensively inclined towards the vampire bat.

She were sadly though, still close enough to now get a good look on his face, and see something that hit close to home: The kid was blind on one eye. Just like Void were...

The methods it had happened were clearly different, with Void having lost it due to an infection, and this poor sod having been given the sharp side of a blade to the face, but it didn't make her any less sympathetic towards the thestral. In fact, seeing the old wound, and guessing how young he must have been when someone had tried splitting open his head, made her blood boil with anger.

Nine were right. This kid had a burden himself, but he were surely owed some vengeance too for this. Oh if only she had the one who did it here, she would have started swinging, and not stop anytime soon.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Y, you would? I suppose I could tell you, I think you're the first who's come down here since Mistress left, she cared about us more than the others, came back for us when everyone else left. She said she'd take us to Æther if we were good, but I guess we weren't because she left us here instead. She said she'd come back to get us, left us in a room like the one we came from... we didn't stay there long and we found we weren't the only ones here." He pointed to his scarred eye. "I think that's when this..." he pointed to the corpse, "...started. I suppose that's how there were so many of them, it might be why no one came back for us."

"From what I've been told, there was a place in the area with a gate to the Æther, but it got overrun by monsters. Your mistress might have wanted to come back for you, but didn't have the option.

I dunno if the portal still works, but we can look. There any of those things left out there? Were they keeping you here?"

If there were any of the tar spawn down here, she were going to end up using her bat after all. Gate functional or not, they needed to pay, and then, she had to sort out what to do with this kid. She couldn't just leave him down here on his own, that much were sure.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(By staging area it was a landing platform for airships to take them up to the Æther, no worries though.)

Your mistress might have wanted to come back for you, but didn't have the option.

The thestral sniffled, "I... I hope she got away at least. She cared about us much more than the others. She was the only one who told us we were real, the only one who treated us that way."

There any of those things left out there? Were they keeping you here?

The thestral shook his head, "They aren't keeping us here, we just have nowhere to go. They still lurk around in the deeper hallways, but we closed off that area so they couldn't get to us. I'll..." He started to get up, but his gaze turned to the corpse and he sat back down, "...no, I can't go back now. They'll wonder where Rare went. They'll feed me to the monsters if they find out."

He turned towards Null, a bit of confusion and hope, "You... you came from somewhere else didn't you? I mean, you don't look like the monsters, too much, and I don't think I ever saw you in the hallways before. Where did you come from? Could I, maybe, go with you?"

(edited)

@Illiad Easle

On 6/12/2020 at 9:51 PM, Illiad Easle said:

The thestral sniffled, "I... I hope she got away at least. She cared about us much more than the others. She was the only one who told us we were real, the only one who treated us that way."

"Kid, if there's only one thing you ever learn from me, let it be this: Don't let anyone walk all over you. If they treat you like dirt for no reason, they're the real scum, and they ain't worth more of your time than what it'd take to tell 'em to bugger off. I'm sure your mistress would've wanted you to be able to believe in yourself, just like she did, right?"

It was perhaps a bit cheesy, but come on, Null were an aggressive hobo-goblin, not a motivational speaker. She were trying her best to try and get this kid to believe that he had to be tough to make it out there. He (hopefully) still had a long life ahead of him, filled with ups, downs, and some karmic debt to repay for his actions, and he'd need to believe in himself if he were gonna make it out there, and not just be a massive tool. Weren't any way to live, that way.

Urgh, perhaps she were getting too personally involved in this, but it were just so darn hard not to be, considering how much of the experiences Void and her had gone through, that she saw in this unfortunate kid. Poor thing had lost everything, and didn't have a future here, nor much hope outside, if there bias against vampires were still going strong. With blood on his hooves too, he were in for a tough life ahead of him, as he'd have to remember this until the day he died, and feel the grief and regret that causing someone near to you to die would bring. Null knew the feeling. Even after seeing her parents alive, it didn't remove that ingrained guilt, and it were soul crushing at times.

Almost funny how these thoughts and feeling were more or less helping her ignore the chill going all over her right now. Not entirely, but it didn't grind on her as much. Guess that a good counter for this were to just reach out, and do something that took up a lot of her concentration. Something worth remembering for another time she supposed, though it still weren't taking away the fact that it felt like nighttime in the mountains right now. It'd make her cranky in the long run.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:51 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"You... you came from somewhere else didn't you? I mean, you don't look like the monsters, too much, and I don't think I ever saw you in the hallways before. Where did you come from? Could I, maybe, go with you?"

"...Yeah, I'll get you out of here, but lemme just think for a moment here."

"Nine? This kid here... He's done something bad, and he's gonna have to pay for it, but he's been dealt a harsh hoof too. Can I judge him to atone for his act, by going up and work off his debt, helping those who needs it? Learned of some places back in Troy that had volunteers helping with doling out food, baths, and some basic supplies to some of the hardest hit. It'd be tough work, but in time, if he can keep it going, I think he'd be able to work his debt off.

Also, think we should just leave him when it is, or start off going down there to see what's what? Might be there's the need to clear out some of the area to let 'em out, and potentially dole out some vengeance on them too. I'm getting the feeling we're needed here for more than this kid.

...Also, how do I actually do the whole *judging* thing? Is it s spell or something? Really should've asked that before today."

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"...Yeah, I'll get you out of here, but lemme just think for a moment here."

The thestral nodded, still snivling a bit as his attention went back to the corpse, if Null had previously met Rarity, and decided to pay a bit more attention to the corpse, she might notice that it looked like a younger version of the element of generosity.

"Nine? This kid here... He's done something bad, and he's gonna have to pay for it, but he's been dealt a harsh hoof too. Can I judge him to atone for his act, by going up and work off his debt, helping those who needs it? Learned of some places back in Troy that had volunteers helping with doling out food, baths, and some basic supplies to some of the hardest hit. It'd be tough work, but in time, if he can keep it going, I think he'd be able to work his debt off.

Nine nodded, "With the red trailed ones you've got a good amount of freedom to decide what their punishment should be. In his case I would agree that it is a reasonable punishment given his situation, it's only because of that that he's not black lined. You'll need to get it cleared through the Consul though, on account of his vampirism."

Also, think we should just leave him when it is, or start off going down there to see what's what? Might be there's the need to clear out some of the area to let 'em out, and potentially dole out some vengeance on them too. I'm getting the feeling we're needed here for more than this kid.

Nine shrugged, "You could take a look, I don't foresee any harm in it. They aren't calling for Vengeance on anyone, which is part of why they're owed so much, but there's no sense in leaving them here when you could get them out. It isn't your responsibility per say, but there's nothing preventing you from helping them receive a bit of early mercy."

...Also, how do I actually do the whole *judging* thing? Is it s spell or something? Really should've asked that before today."

Nine nodded, "It's different for every bearer, so exactly how you do it is up to you, but you must make contact with the center of his forehead, right about where his horn would be, either with some part of your body or something in your grasp, then you pronounce your sentence, stating their crime, their punishment, and the duration when applicable." Briefly Null's vision would be overshadowed by a series of prior bearers passing judgement.

The first she saw was a large stallion, earth pony but with alicorn proportions, with the same coloration as herself, black coat with white mane, his mark was a large eight pointed star. He towered over a cowering earth pony stallion, placing the tip of a hoofblade on his forehead. "For the crime of slavery thou art required to repay, forty slaves kept thou one year, forty years one slave thou wilt be in castle Archback. So sayeth Vengeance, So sayeth the Black Knight."

The next she saw was Princess Luna as Nightmare Moon, the image was strange as she seemed to be visiting Celestia in a dream. Celestia in tears sat before her. Luna put a wing on either whither as she touched her horn to Celestia's forehead. "Thou banished thy own sister, who was given to aid thee in maintaining peace. Thy covenants to the Elements of Harmony lie broken, thy connection removed. One thousand years your sister will remain banished, one thousand years you will remain. The peace of thy ponies will bring thee no pleasure until she returns. So sayeth Vengeance, So sayeth the Night Mare Moon"

Next was an earth pony mare stalking up on a cowering unicorn, the Eye of Vengeance was clear on her as she transformed, shedding her disguise to reveal the form of a changeling queen, amber accents unlike Chrysalis' green. She touched a shadowy sword which Null somehow, likely due to Nine or Vengeance, recognized as the Sword of Vengeance, to the unicorn's head. "You conspired to end the freedom of this nation, promote the supremacy of unicorns over all other races, corrupt the system of justice to let criminals run free. Thousands cry out to Vengeance against thee, among them my husband, my king, awaits your arrival in Tartarus. So says Vengeance, So says Goldenrod."

Finally it was Illiad, Null knew it was him despite him not being an alicorn, he was garbed much like she was when she was first given the mantel, he was standing in the same court where he had facilitated her receiving the mantel. On the pedestal stood a pudgy looking unicorn who seemed terrified as many onlookers including surprisingly Pinkie Pie, watched on. A shadowy tendril extended from Illiad's cloak to touch the unicorn's forehead. "Cranberry Pie, for your crimes against Equestria, Empathics, and Myself, including assault, emotional manipulation, enthralling your fellow ponies, you are judged. As Tie Bass suffered in silence you will remain mute, as Sterling Silver suffered familial loss you will lose the respect of the only family you cared about." Pinkie started crying at that moment, "Three years we suffered at your hooves, three years you will suffer the punishment. So says Vengeance, so says I."

The visions faded from her vision, somehow she was aware that hardly any time passed on the outside while she experienced them. "Sorry about that, but it looks something like that. I suppose they were rather extreme examples, but I'm sure you can figure it out."

On 6/15/2020 at 7:57 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"With the red trailed ones you've got a good amount of freedom to decide what their punishment should be. In his case I would agree that it is a reasonable punishment given his situation, it's only because of that that he's not black lined. You'll need to get it cleared through the Consul though, on account of his vampirism."

"Which means I'll have to drag the kid along with me until we get back to Troy, post decapitation of my *father*? Urgh, guess I have to think this through more than I wanted to after all. Whatever, I'm giving this kid a chance, and judging him after I get his hide back to Troy, and have a discussion about this with the Consul. Gotta be somewhere the kid can work off his karmic debt without accidentally hurting another. Or I dunno, some sorta medicine he can take. Little I know of vampirism, mostly goes towards the crazy ones, or those who got the curse, begging to be put out of their misery. I dunno any of the real details on this whole thing."

She also didn't really know Rarity, so the youngling over there carried no resemblance to anypony she knew. The little Null had to do with Rarity ended in one meeting, with her raising a hoof, cursing at the mare, and telling her that if she tried insulting her hat one more time, she'd shove that dress she suggested the mare wore, right down her throat, until it came out the other end.

It had not been the best first impression, and Void had later apologized profoundly to the mare, when Null weren't around. But in Null's defense, she thought dresses were bad, and again, Rarity had insulted her hat. It were sentimental to Null, so quite frankly, it stung in a wrong place.

"You could take a look, I don't foresee any harm in it. They aren't calling for Vengeance on anyone, which is part of why they're owed so much, but there's no sense in leaving them here when you could get them out. It isn't your responsibility per say, but there's nothing preventing you from helping them receive a bit of early mercy."

Null slowly nodded. Might not be her responsibility per se, but really, it sorta still were, right? She wanted to go out and make a difference. This could be it. Plus, they'd sorta owe her if she helped them. Might be she could find some there that would help the kid like this. Helping others didn't mean there couldn't be a secondary thought behind it.

"Alright, I'm gonna have to go down there and clear the area out, so it's safe to get out of here again. You able to hide well somewhere, or do I have to take you with me, and keep your hide safe in the fray? I think it'd be better if you're good at hiding, but I dunno how unsafe things have gotten here lately."

There were no perfect solution to anything here. Either she'd have to hope he'd be safe when she were gone, or try and hope she could keep him safe whilst going through things. Honestly, whilst she thought hiding might be safer, there were some sorta comfort in being able to see him, rather than having to constantly worry if she'd come back to find a corpse.

As for the things she saw... Ergh, too dramatic for her taste. Flair and theatrics weren't really her style, so she'd probably just be rather straight forward with the kid when time came. Something like *I judge you, in the name of Vengeance, to help as many beings, as years you took from your friend.". A rough outline, but it were something like that she'd probably end up going with. Unless she had to go with the ending theme of "So sayeth Vengeance, so sayeth *insert name*" which were pretty ridiculous, but if that were protocol, she supposed she just had to suck it up, and live with it.

All respect to the other ones she had gotten a glimpse off, even if the one with Nightmare Moon had felt a little... Unnerving, to put it mildly. It would quite honestly had felt less off putting in her mind, if Celestia had been yelled at, and threatened, rather than the calm, seeming acceptance of what sounded like a rather cruel punishment from Nightmare Moon.

Now, the Black Knight guy from before that? Him she liked. Slavers were something that Null had an intense, burning hatred towards, and taking one who had kept slaved, and making him a slave in retaliation? Oh, the sweet, sweet irony. She could almost taste it, so good and flavorful did it look. She weren't sure what court he had been talking about, and she didn't like anyplace that actually kept slaves, but at least in this manner, there had been one that were useful to some degree. Also, might more be like they had servants, and this one had less agency after his judgement, in which case all were fair and game she supposed. It were hard to tell without more context. 

Another point in this stallion's favor, were that he had the same color scheme as Void and her. It gave a sort of homely familiarity. Would've been nice if this had been an ancestor of theirs that they could look up to, rather than just knowing the twit she were going after. Life just wasn't fair sometimes.

The third one were a bit odd. The changeling part were iffy, but that wasn't it, as much as the weird sword she saw. Something she knew she had never laid eyes upon in her life, and yet just somehow knew as some sorta sword, related to vengeance. Looked rather nice, though the one it were aimed at sure weren't, considering the sorta charges pressed against the unicorn. This sounded like a proper, black line vengeance situation, which had to be met with the right response. And props to the changeling, she did do the right thing, by sending this supremacist off to rot where his kind belonged. Might be that Null hated members of just about all races, and had a lot of reason (in her mind) to be suspicious of them, but not even she bought that one race should rule over them all. That were messed up.

Urgh, thankfully that one were over with soon enough, and she went off to see... The Consul? Oh, this should be good.

Wait... Was that... The fudge? Pinke Pie? What were that crazy mare doing here?

The two of them had gotten off on a bad hoof as well, with the mare's tendency to be very up front and friendly, not clashing well with Null's aggressive behavior, and dislike of being the center of attention, yet she had just kept on pushing, and pushing. To the point where Null had begrudging just finally said yes to her whole, annoying party idea, just to get her off her back. A small part of her had actually started to look forward to it, and then... Yeah, perhaps she should focus on this instead.

Seemed like it wasn't her being judged, but a family member. And one who had a wrap sheet saying something.

Empaths were a weird bunch, and honestly, outside of the magic canceling aura that Void and her emitted, Null weren't sure how they would be meddled with normally. Other sort of anti-magical fields? Whatever the case, this one had seemingly done it, and had to pay a pretty creative price, in losing her voice, as well as the connection to Pinkie Pie, whom were apparently a family member. To think that Pinkie were related to someone who'd do stuff like this... Kinda messed up.

Sure she had heard that her siblings were odd, compared to her, and the pink mare had let off a comment about how Null reminded her of her sister, Limestone, but this were a fair bit further off the rails.

"Sorry about that, but it looks something like that. I suppose they were rather extreme examples, but I'm sure you can figure it out."

"Yeah, I think I get the theme. An eye for an eye, and you use whatever your weapon of choice is to judge 'em. Sword, unicorn horn, the Consul's weird wings, that sort. I guess to me that'd be poking them on the forehead with the nail bat, or the tips of my wingblades. I'll keep these sorta things in mind when the time comes for me to judge the kid."

"...By the way, kid? What's your name? You can call me Event Horizon."

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Which means I'll have to drag the kid along with me until we get back to Troy, post decapitation of my *father*? Urgh, guess I have to think this through more than I wanted to after all. Whatever, I'm giving this kid a chance, and judging him after I get his hide back to Troy, and have a discussion about this with the Consul. Gotta be somewhere the kid can work off his karmic debt without accidentally hurting another. Or I dunno, some sorta medicine he can take. Little I know of vampirism, mostly goes towards the crazy ones, or those who got the curse, begging to be put out of their misery. I dunno any of the real details on this whole thing."

Nine thought for a moment, "Well, I don't know how far Mercy can go but I don't think it would be out of her depth to cure vampirism. But she only heals those who have earned it, so if he repayed his debt and then some he could earn Mercy curing him if Troy lacks the ability to cure him."

"Alright, I'm gonna have to go down there and clear the area out, so it's safe to get out of here again. You able to hide well somewhere, or do I have to take you with me, and keep your hide safe in the fray? I think it'd be better if you're good at hiding, but I dunno how unsafe things have gotten here lately."

The thestral nodded, "I can hide, no problem, I'm good at that. I'll hide around here until you come back." The thestral looked at her as he said 'when' with a deep level of hope, but deep in his eyes was the resignation that she might not come back for him.

"...By the way, kid? What's your name? You can call me Event Horizon."

The thestral perked up at her question, "Um, Mistress called me Little Faster. I suppose that's the closest thing to a name I have. Before Mistress they just called me Elef."

(As I presume she's headed to the other side, I'll describe it for you.)

Heading back up the trail she had followed to get here she'd quickly get back to the split in the tunnel, as before the tunnel was lit by the glowing moss in the direction back to the surface as well as to the side she hadn't gone down yet.

Going down the other path the air would start to take on a unique smell. The further down the tunnel the stronger the scent got. It wasn't until she reached the end of the tunnel that she recognized the scent,

It was the smell of the facility.

The end of the tunnel only served to confirm the scent, the end being an opening where there used to be a ventilation grate, the fan laying to one side of the tunnel, it looked like this tunnel had been part of a ventilation system at some point. Through the opening was a hallway, almost exactly the same as the hallways her and her sister had traversed before being found by the Consul.

The white trails went everywhere here, it looked like this hallway was a bit of a popular path for whoever was down here, it wouldn't be long before someone came by if the widths were any indication.

(If she stays inside the hole and waits)

It wouldn't be long before a nearby door opened, the even sound of hoofsteps crossing the hallway, when they crossed in front of the opening she'd be able to get a good look at the pony.

He looked like a slightly younger, miniaturized, version of Prince Blueblood. There were differences of course, this one carried himself with purpose, he had a face like one who had quite a bit to think about, and care about, his mane was not coiffed, rather it was simply tied back. His horn was damaged, it looked like it was healing but he likely couldn't use much magic at the moment, he also looked quite a bit more fit than Blueblood ever had.

If Null didn't say anything he'd pass right by without noticing her.

(If she enters the hallway)

It wouldn't be long before the door at the end of the hallway opened, behind it was the pony described above. He'd take a few steps into the hall before taking notice of Null. immediately taking a step back with a look of confusion and reservation, "Who... Where did you come from? How did you get in here?" He had a defensive stance, turning slightly so Null could see, barely, the makeshift blade on his side.

On 6/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Well, I don't know how far Mercy can go but I don't think it would be out of her depth to cure vampirism. But she only heals those who have earned it, so if he repayed his debt and then some he could earn Mercy curing him if Troy lacks the ability to cure him."

"Long as they can keep him in check then, he'll have something to work towards."

Wasn't perfect, but it might give the kid a bit more incentive to give it his all, and some hope for the future. Sometimes, a little hope really were the only thing you needed to be able to get up in the morning, and not just off yourself, because you couldn't see the point in hanging on anymore. Hopefully, as bleak at that seemed, it'd end up being enough in the times ahead.

"I can hide, no problem, I'm good at that. I'll hide around here until you come back."

Awh hay, now the kid was making her feel more sorry for him, at that want in his eyes for her to return, but carrying that bit of doubt and/or fear, that it'd actually happen. Maybe she had gone too soft over the last few weeks to do this as easily as she once had. Or perhaps the kid just resonated with her more than most she handled.

...Honestly, it were probably the big sister in her, that just couldn't accept letting him deal with all this on his own. Seems like the old seer that once drunkenly started babbling off to Void and her were right. Her over-protectiveness would in the long run, just continuously bite her in the flank.

Almost made her sad that she had kicked him in the shins and broken that bottle on his forehead. Almost...

"Um, Mistress called me Little Faster. I suppose that's the closest thing to a name I have. Before Mistress they just called me Elef."

"Ergh, Little sounds better. Let's go with that for now. You make sure stay hidden, alright? And I promise you Little, only way I'm not coming back for you, is if I'm dead, which won't happen. I've dealt with monsters before."

She'd give him an encouraging grin, and pat the nail bat on her back, then wait until she were sure he had gotten hidden well. She weren't leaving until then, but when she did, she went the only other way she figured there were something and someone to find down here. The other side of the T path from before.

It was the smell of the facility.

The end of the tunnel only served to confirm the scent, the end being an opening where there used to be a ventilation grate, the fan laying to one side of the tunnel, it looked like this tunnel had been part of a ventilation system at some point. Through the opening was a hallway, almost exactly the same as the hallways her and her sister had traversed before being found by the Consul.

Awh, son of a...

She had her suspicions once that smell had started to waft into her face, but it weren't before she actually saw this opening before it became apparent that she just couldn't get away from that bloody, run down, piece of junk, torture den of a facility! No wonder there had been monsters down here if that place were connected to the caves.

Actually, it were probably worse than that, when she thought about it. The whole cave system? Might well have actually been part of the facility. Like a test area, of slump part, and Little? Another test subject. The mistress? Researcher. Maybe one of the better, but likely researcher regardless.

If she were to find monsters, going down there were gonna be the path for sure, so after hesitating a bit to curse silently at seeing this dump spilling out here, Null would wander through and set hoof on the sadly too familiar path of the facility. Urgh, she felt dirty just being this cl-

She heard someone - or honestly, more likely some Thing - wander nearby, and jumped back to have her back against a wall, whilst withdrawing the nail bat on her back, and spreading her wings out. It were about time she started this bloodbath against whatever monster came through there. Probably some hideous, goo creature. Or a robot spitting acid. Or zombiefied researcher, gnawing on the remains of his own leg. Or even worse, it could be -

He looked like a slightly younger, miniaturized, version of Prince Blueblood. There were differences of course, this one carried himself with purpose, he had a face like one who had quite a bit to think about, and care about, his mane was not coiffed, rather it was simply tied back. His horn was damaged, it looked like it was healing but he likely couldn't use much magic at the moment, he also looked quite a bit more fit than Blueblood ever had.

- some random pony. How come her luck were that she ended up in a fighting mood, in an area that were filled with monsters, and yet against all odds, she'd be confronted by some regular pony. Didn't look like much either, with that damaged horn of his, despite seemingly being pretty fit, which weren't something she could say about a lot of unicorns. Gangly magic users relied on their magic too much in general.

She had no idea who this one looked like though. Prince Blueblood wasn't somepony she had ever even heard about, which were likely for the best. For him that were. The last noble Null had run into had been a snooty annoyance, and it were only Void forcefully draggins Null away that saved that pony from getting more than a scare, rather than the brick she had been ready to smash his face in with.

In her defense, who'd just leave a brick like that on the side of the road? it were just begging to be introduced to someone's face.

Anyway, better address this one before he went off too far. Either he'd know something, or might be one of the researchers, which would also mean he knew something, and would make Null wish she had a brick at hoof.

"Hey! You there. You with the creeps, the monsters, or the folks stuck down here? I'm here to sort out the mess."

Subtlety were not her strongest suit, so she'd just go head on and see what were what. With her luck? He'd be harboring a parasite, living in his chest, that'd burst out and try to feast on her face. Seemed about right, what with how things were going so far.

• Brohoof 1