Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

14 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"I think I recognize a few of them from last night. If I'm not mistaken... I think a few of the ponies in this crowd died last night." He thought a moment, "Hmm, I think I can identify another artifact they have. I thought I recognized that strange stairway sculpture. It was one of the things they thought my... condition... might be related to. I never got to know too much about it, maybe the expert they send might know more."

"So now they're bringing back creatures from the dead? Because that Never backfires horribly."

If her sarcasm on this were any drier, it'd somehow manage to spontaneously catch on fire.

Seriously, messing with reviving others, could end in many, many horrible ways. There may be clean ones now and again, and she supposed, right now, this one seemed normal. So had a few others she had met before, that rose up from a burial ground, where legends had it that your loved ones would return, if you buried them with a treasured memento.

They looked and acted pretty normal. All the way up to the point where they started to chase down their families, and rip their throats out, while the flesh started to rot from their bones. Had made for a messy situation that her and Void had to get themselves out of, and ended up with several dozen casualties. And that was before the returned started to bury their victims, to bolster their ranks. Turns out the memento wasn't needed, and things just got out of hoof. Barely any survivors left, mass casualties, an a town she last saw engulfed in flames, as it had been the only way she felt sure they'd stay down.

As for the graveyard... Well, she hadn't been able to torch that, before nearby law came around, and seemed like they wanted to haul Void and her in, to put them as scapegoats, since they were outsiders. For all she knew, that place were still there, though hopefully the survivors from back then, had returned and poured acid over the entire area, before covering the remains in cement.

Memories aside, the point still stood that the dead should stay that way. Nothing good would come of messing with the natural cycle like this.

"This just gets worse every time I hear about it. Like you said: Hopefully the expert knows something. Like the consequences. Can't see there not being any."

18 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"It might be best to have the changelings tell us what they know, but there's no harm in investigating for ourselves in the meantime. If we can get in I could get us to that stairwell we took out last night, see if there's anything of note on the other floors."

"Alright, let's get in line then. Any sign of trouble though, and we're leaving."

They might look a little disheveled compared to yesterday, but she still had the chip, so they'd see if that were enough, as they stood in line, and she fought the urge to just yell at the ones in line about how moronic they were. Especially the ones that Arcade claims he remembers from yesterday, which she didn't, since Null hadn't cared about the majority of those they were faced with. Only the ones who might be trouble had caught her eye, and the majority of these, she had just seen as tools. And lo and behold, she seemed to be spot on with that assertion...

(Troy)

As there were an ice box, and actual ice to work with to cool it further, Void got hope that they may actually have these drinks ready before too long. Just had to make sure to put the container in the ice, and then check up on it in a little while. Maybe a half hour, or so? It shouldn't be frozen, after all. Just chilled. So long as it had some coolness going for it, it some ice in the glasses should  be able to do the last little bit.

19 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

It was about when they were all settled in and starting to eat when Elef and the guard mare (Who we haven't named yet by my best recollection, so her name is Ada now) returned from their cultural celebration, Elef still excited by it all, and laden with some used saddlebags filled with a small collection of books, yet obviously exhausted by his activities. "Hey guys! I can't wait to tell you all what all I saw and did!"

"We'll look forward to hearing about it then, Elef. But first, y-you're gonna join us for dinner, okay? Unless you already ate? If not, or y-you'd like to try, we made stew today. Everyone put in a little effort with it. Vale, could you help h-him with a bowl if he'd like some? Just gonna go t-talk to the guard for a little bit. Something I've gotten c-curious about."

Void would put down her bowl - after Lacuna snapped up another piece of squishy veggie, along with a slurp of the warm water. He'd give a long glance towards the bowl, but it were on the floor, so worst case, he could climb down and run over to it, right? Looked like that for him anyway, as Void moved over towards the mare, and just stopped briefly to give Elef a friendly smile. Looked like he had a fun day, and were just about bursting to talk about it.  A lovely sight, though she were still wanting to ask the mare of something.

"So uhm... D-Did everything go okay? Nothing bad, or anyone following you, I hope?"

Considering she were apparently being followed, she had to assume the others might also be. Which were something she'd have to tell the guard mare about, though in a way that would hopefully not alarm the foals, and make them think they'd soon have to relocate again.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

On 2021-02-09 at 4:50 PM, Blitz Boom said:

"So now they're bringing back creatures from the dead? Because that Never backfires horribly."

Arcade shrugged, "Not so much bringing them back from the dead, but undoing the things that killed them. Those affected typically wake up in their bed with no memory of what happened over the past 24 hours. It's just a hunch of course, but I think if we asked the ponies in this crowd what day it was, we may get very different results. Then again, I don't know what day of the week it is, so maybe not the best judge of what's going on."

"Alright, let's get in line then. Any sign of trouble though, and we're leaving."

The line of ponies were of those who did not have chips, they were simply queuing for the chance that they may get a chip before the party started, the Host was known for tossing a number of chips to the crowd throughout the day. If Null asked the guard what was up, she'd be able to show her chip and walk right in with Arcade without waiting for evening.

Once inside they would once again be confronted with the oppressive silence such a layer of dust afforded the place. Arcade would lead the way over to a hidden door, "Here's the stairway we took, it's interesting though..." He gestured to the floor, "There aren't any of our tracks from last night."

The stairway itself went upward, but did not go downward.

(Troy)

Vale and Elef would go together over to the pot, where she got him a small portion to try as he had eaten at the festival. He also took some of the spicy, commenting that there had been many spicy things at the festival.

"So uhm... D-Did everything go okay? Nothing bad, or anyone following you, I hope?"

The guard looked surprised, "Followed? I didn't realize that was a risk we were under. I'll give a better surveillance in the future, but I didn't see anything too overt. Everything went swimmingly, he took to the history like a native Fastar and seemed to enjoy the food and activities as much as can be expected. I just wanted to let you know that I do know a few interested individuals if you want to bring in a storyteller from one of the clans, and they know storytellers from other groups like zebra and buffalo, so I could find someone once you think they're ready. I should also note..." She looked over at Lacuna, "You don't intend to leave... that... here with them right? I'm sure Elef is smart enough to remember that the ones inside the walls are pets, but I wouldn't want an accident to occur while they're asleep is all."

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

12 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade shrugged, "Not so much bringing them back from the dead, but undoing the things that killed them. Those affected typically wake up in their bed with no memory of what happened over the past 24 hours. It's just a hunch of course, but I think if we asked the ponies in this crowd what day it was, we may get very different results. Then again, I don't know what day of the week it is, so maybe not the best judge of what's going on."

"Sacrificial or time magic, both have a lot of bad consequences that's just begging to happen. Ever seen a hole in space and time? I have, and if one opened in this town, I doubt it'd fair any better than the last one who accidentally opened one."

It wasn't something that Void and her dealt with themselves, but they had gotten across a ruin of a semi-large town, a few continents to the east of Equestria. They had managed to accidentally torn a hole in the fabric of things there, and unleashed... Honestly, Null wasn't sure what to call them. Some sort of flesh abominations, she supposed were the best way to put it.

Regardless of the description though, they had been hiding in a house some way off the center, and seen the torn hole in the middle of the air, floating above the town square, and spilling out blobs of infectious growths. They had only been there as some of the monsters in the area had chased them up there, and they had gotten trapped, when barricading there. They'd likely have gotten captured and infected, if not because a bunch of strangely clad creatures suddenly showed up, and started to both massacre the monsters, and set down something in a circle around the rift. It were too far off from her to tell what it were, and even the clothes of those there, but it caused those encroaching on them to scramble outside, and towards the rift, seemingly to protect it. To no avail though, as they had some pretty flashy magic and tools she couldn't identify, that made short work of the creatures. Plus a dragon, which were easy to see, due to it's rather fair size - size of 3x2 clumped together - and fire seemed to work well.

They just about saw the rift getting shrunk and closed, to the sound of a loud shriek, before the whole town started to rumble. Whatever happened after that, she didn't know. Void grabbed her, and bailed out of there as fast as she could. All they saw, were from far away, when some of the buildings began to crumble into dust, and an earth-shattering shriek blasted out. Frankly, Null had been happy to get off that continent frankly, as she didn't want to risk more of that stuff popping up. Plus, the local fauna made her hooves itch.

13 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Once inside they would once again be confronted with the oppressive silence such a layer of dust afforded the place. Arcade would lead the way over to a hidden door, "Here's the stairway we took, it's interesting though..." He gestured to the floor, "There aren't any of our tracks from last night."

They managed to get in rather easily then. No questions asked, even if she had plenty she wanted to say. nearly had to bite her lip on it, but she managed. Somehow.

"Makes sense, if your guess on time magic is the culprit. Or whatever effect you'll call that.

Urgh. This is gonna be a mess. I just know it... Let's walk up, and see what happens. Slowly though, alright? And keep your ears peeled. Might not be any steps in the dust, but there's plenty of dangerous things that's not reliant on feet."

(Troy)

13 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The guard looked surprised, "Followed? I didn't realize that was a risk we were under. I'll give a better surveillance in the future, but I didn't see anything too overt. Everything went swimmingly, he took to the history like a native Fastar and seemed to enjoy the food and activities as much as can be expected. I just wanted to let you know that I do know a few interested individuals if you want to bring in a storyteller from one of the clans, and they know storytellers from other groups like zebra and buffalo, so I could find someone once you think they're ready. I should also note..." She looked over at Lacuna, "You don't intend to leave... that... here with them right? I'm sure Elef is smart enough to remember that the ones inside the walls are pets, but I wouldn't want an accident to occur while they're asleep is all."

"Well, it's g-good to hear that things went well with your trip, and I'm not sure how big an issue it is with f-folks following. I got sent a letter from someone I know, so at least a courier of s-sorts knows I'm here.

Anyway, once we can get others in here, we'll try and clear some of those you and Elef met, and have them come around to give a lecture. I have a few others in m-mind too, but one step at a time. For now we eat, then Elef can tell us about his trip tonight, if he l-likes to.

And don't worry, Lacuna is with me, and won't stay here overnight. I have been t-thinking about getting one for a while now, and had some issues sleeping lately, s-since I'm used to having another there, so felt like a good time. No worries though. I keep a good eye on him, even when P-Piecey is running around with him. They seem to really get along."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade didn't look too sure, but would follow Null up the stairs.

There were a lot of stairs.

It was also rather dark on the stairs, only dim lights present at each landing, each one looking identical to the one prior save for the floor number. "I forgot how many stairs there were when we went down, it must have been the fear that made it so short a trip."

He paused a moment to look down the center of the stairway, separating the two enough that he was outside her influence when they reached the next landing, where Arcade suddenly disappeared.

Null could hear him calling from several floors above her, "I think I found out how we got down so quickly! I'll, um, wait here for you to catch up."

(Troy)

The guard mare nodded, "It sounds like you're not excited to find out this pony is alive. I'll let the guards know to keep a more watchful eye, we don't want anything happening to the foals."

With that she nodded and turned to leave.

The young ponies had gathered around so they could all face Elef as they ate and listened. He set his new bags with books carefully next to his bed before joining them with his small bowl of stew. "So, Ada, that's the guard mare's name, took me out to the old stadium where they were having the festival, it was all covered with these lights, yellow like the sun, and they had this old thestral like me sitting by a fire. Ada had me join the other young thestrals at the fire while the old one talked. It was boring at first, talking about something or other, but then he talked about this one creature, Fastar, who saved a young thestral filly about our age when she was attacked by these wolves made of wood! Fastar had a powerful staff that he used to keep all the thestrals safe until he died. Then the staff was passed down until another creature like Fastar came to reclaim it. That creature then left, and there's a legend that whoever finds the staff and can wield it will be the next leader of the clan, the leader of all thestrals! What if I were to find it? Wouldn't that be cool?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-12 at 6:53 AM, Illiad Easle said:

It was also rather dark on the stairs, only dim lights present at each landing, each one looking identical to the one prior save for the floor number. "I forgot how many stairs there were when we went down, it must have been the fear that made it so short a trip."

He paused a moment to look down the center of the stairway, separating the two enough that he was outside her influence when they reached the next landing, where Arcade suddenly disappeared.

Null could hear him calling from several floors above her, "I think I found out how we got down so quickly! I'll, um, wait here for you to catch up."

A lot of stairs? Sounded like training for her, not a big hurdle. Though if Arcade had an issue with keeping up, she'd be more than happy to stop up briefly, and give him a challenging stare before moving on. Maybe a tiny giggle, just for fun. She were but a simple mortal after all, and not above having a bit of fun on another's behalf.

It stopped entertaining her when he were suddenly vanished, after they had gotten some distance between one another, due to the bad stairs. No wonder they used an elevator, with this shoddy work, right? Or they were all just weaklings who couldn't handle a little walk. Whatever. Wasn't important, as much as find out where Arcade had gone off to!

THe answer would come before she got out of her good skin, as he called out from up higher. Apparently, there were some sort of teleportation field here? What the hay? When no one used the stairs, what were the point? Unless... Something were here that someone didn't want to be seen?

"Just stay put! I'll be there soon."

And so, she'd wander up, though she'd also look extra hard around, trying to see if there were something as she ascended the annoying stairs. Might be it were just convenience, but could also be that there were something in these middle floors that someone didn't want to get scrutinized. If she were wrong, at worst she'd just end up getting up to Arcade, and no worries there. If she weren't, there might be something disturbing she had to deal with first.

(Troy)

The guard mare nodded, "It sounds like you're not excited to find out this pony is alive. I'll let the guards know to keep a more watchful eye, we don't want anything happening to the foals."

"I'm not sure yet what I f-feel about seeing him. He's an uhm... Special sort. But these days, one s-should be happy about running into someone they knew before the crisis, right? I'll f-figure out how I feel about things when I see him. He might've changed."

A little awkward to talk about Molotov, but it wasn't as if she could push him out of her mind all that much, right? He were coming here after all, to visit her. Might be he were still the same, rather pushy type as before, but it could be that she could take it better now. Or that he changed. Or a thousand other little variables, and all she could do, were to wait and see what would happen. Worst case, she'd end up kicking him to the curb, and consider it a lesson learned. Best case, she'd manage to get a good conversation with one of the only beings she had some certainty were alive from her past. Even if it were a pushy inventor she had barely known, that had shown an interest in her that she at the time, didn't know what to do about. Frankly she still didn't, but that was doubtful to matter anyway. He must've gotten new interests in the years since then. Like staying alive, with a personality that she assumed would've gotten him thrown out to the spawn with a bow wrapped around him. Another sign it must've changed.

She'd nod a farewell to the mare as she left, and return to the others. Preferably before her dinner got cold, or Lacuna waddled down to shove his whole head into it, to get to potentially softer bits at the bottom.

The young ponies had gathered around so they could all face Elef as they ate and listened. He set his new bags with books carefully next to his bed before joining them with his small bowl of stew. "So, Ada, that's the guard mare's name, took me out to the old stadium where they were having the festival, it was all covered with these lights, yellow like the sun, and they had this old thestral like me sitting by a fire. Ada had me join the other young thestrals at the fire while the old one talked. It was boring at first, talking about something or other, but then he talked about this one creature, Fastar, who saved a young thestral filly about our age when she was attacked by these wolves made of wood! Fastar had a powerful staff that he used to keep all the thestrals safe until he died. Then the staff was passed down until another creature like Fastar came to reclaim it. That creature then left, and there's a legend that whoever finds the staff and can wield it will be the next leader of the clan, the leader of all thestrals! What if I were to find it? Wouldn't that be cool?"

"I've seen those creatures before, Elef. They're called Timberwolves. I don't know if they're still there, b-but they used to be all over Equestria, so maybe that's where it took place?"

They were not just relegated to there, but it were primarily where she had seen them. Every country tended to have some sort of living fauna around, and timberwolves were not the rarest, nor completely isolated to just one country. Nasty things too at times, but they were easily dealt with, if you knew what you were doing, and a far cry from some other fauna creatures. Like the wicker bears of Harrowmark. intensely aggressive, nasty things, and quite a bit less prone to being split apart than the timberwolves.

Anyway, she had just wanted to add that she knew of the creatures, so that Elef knew that it were not just some fantasy. The creatures were real, as were magical weaponry. So it were possible that there may be that staff he spoke off, somewhere out there.

Something about the story rang a bell too, when the weapon came up. A staff to unite the thestral... The rest of the story sounded somewhat generic, but something about this part, sounded almost familiar... Probably nothing, but she got the feeling this was going to nag her a little, once it got quieter, and she could focus on it.

"A-Anyway, it sounds like a nice story, Elef. And it would be good if you found it, but if you want to go and do t-that when you grow older, you have to learn what it is like to be an a-adventurer. I've been many places, and learned how to survive out there. Maybe I can s-show you some things one day, if you'd like that?"

She'd pat him gently on the head. and give him a warm smile. She'd prefer he didn't take off to chase a potential pipe dream, but if he felt the urge to go into the great unknown, she'd rather that he were prepared for it. It wasn't just fighting one needed to know to make it on the road, but general survival tips too, knowing how to lay and spot traps, deal with various toxins, and so on. It wasn't just something you threw yourself into on a whim. Not if you were expecting to return alive anyway, and she'd very much wish for him to live a long, happy life.

"Now remember to eat, everyone. Before it grows cold. Afterwards, I'll s-see if the surprise I made before is ready."

She'd make sure to eat, and if anyone asked for seconds, she'd pour up. Weren't as if the foals were eating too much, in her opinion. And honestly, if her mom had been here, and weren't pregnant, she would've likely more or less force fed them, as she'd think they needed to be well and proper fed, after the ordeals they had been through. At least she would have, back in the day. Things may well have changed on that account too.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

(Thats... um... totally what I had in mind. Yup! I definitely had something like that planned for this segment.)

A cursory examination of the floors she passed between where Arcade had disappeared and where she would eventually find him patiently waiting for her would reveal nothing out of the ordinary until almost the last floor between her and Arcade.

There were hoofprints in the dust.

The trail led from the doorway on one floor to the middle of the landing where they suddenly stopped. Indicating that the teleport field may be more common on these stairs than she may have initially thought, but someone else had been through here, fairly recently even.

If Null looked up through the middle of the stairwell she'd see Arcade staring back down at her from the next floor up, "Something wrong?"

(Troy)

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"I'm not sure yet what I f-feel about seeing him. He's an uhm... Special sort. But these days, one s-should be happy about running into someone they knew before the crisis, right? I'll f-figure out how I feel about things when I see him. He might've changed."

The guard mare nodded before she left, "Let me know if we should be more worried. These ponies need to be kept safe."

"I've seen those creatures before, Elef. They're called Timberwolves. I don't know if they're still there, b-but they used to be all over Equestria, so maybe that's where it took place?"

Elef looked happy to hear confirmation on part of the story, "Yeah! He said it happened on the edge of Equestria, in a place called the Shimmerwood Forest. They have wood there that glows in the dark!" He looked like he remembered something and went over to his bag and came back with a small bit of dark grey wood. True to it's name it shimmered softly even in the light of the room. "It was brighter outside, cause it was dark and all. He said that unicorns could get them to glow real bright if they charged them with magic."

"A-Anyway, it sounds like a nice story, Elef. And it would be good if you found it, but if you want to go and do t-that when you grow older, you have to learn what it is like to be an a-adventurer. I've been many places, and learned how to survive out there. Maybe I can s-show you some things one day, if you'd like that?"

Elef nodded, and Ardee also looked intrigued at the possibility.

She'd make sure to eat, and if anyone asked for seconds, she'd pour up.

All of the ponies, save for the foals and Elef, would ask for seconds, and it was clear that all of them enjoyed it. The foals weren't the least bit fussy about eating it at least.

Void would find all of the ingredients properly chilled when she checked, she would just need to mix the soda water, flavor, and creme into the glasses that they would drink out of, as the instructions indicated that it was best enjoyed freshly prepared, one step being 'with a smile and a pun'

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-14 at 7:35 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The trail led from the doorway on one floor to the middle of the landing where they suddenly stopped. Indicating that the teleport field may be more common on these stairs than she may have initially thought, but someone else had been through here, fairly recently even.

If Null looked up through the middle of the stairwell she'd see Arcade staring back down at her from the next floor up, "Something wrong?"

"Looks like there's been someone else wandering around down here, in the middle field. Guessing the teleportation's more than a time saver.

Stay up there, and keep guard. I'll have a look. If I see anything dangerous, I'm hightailing it back. You got my word."

Dragging out the knife she tended to at the very least always have on her, and place it in her muzzle. Seemed like she might end up stabbing something today after all. Or maybe not, but best to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it, right?

She could in theory go up and get Arcade, by handing him a feather, but then he might be able to actually die. Or he'd lose it, and get stuck in some kind of temporal loop here. Was safer for him to stay up there for now, and she for sure weren't gonna have him potentially disappear in time. Especially not as they hadn't even had a real date yet.

"Nine? You aware of things in there? Think this is a good time to prepare for trouble. Never anything good that comes from single hoofprints in a dusty hallway."

With that thought send in, she'd start to move forward. Time to see what she'd stumble upon.

(Troy)

Elef looked happy to hear confirmation on part of the story, "Yeah! He said it happened on the edge of Equestria, in a place called the Shimmerwood Forest. They have wood there that glows in the dark!" He looked like he remembered something and went over to his bag and came back with a small bit of dark grey wood. True to it's name it shimmered softly even in the light of the room. "It was brighter outside, cause it was dark and all. He said that unicorns could get them to glow real bright if they charged them with magic."

"You should keep it a little away from me then, just in case. I w-wouldn't want to accidentally drain the magic out of it, Elef. It's a pretty token after all. And potentially could be u-useful for something another time. Magic-infused wood have many sorts of uses. Plus, it's pleasing to the eye, y-yes?"

She made sure not to stand too close, as she gazed on the wood. She had never been to the place before, that were mentioned, but she had seen this type of wood before. Or something close to it, anyway. Sticks of dark wood, brimming with magic to a point where it lit up... Maybe it were the same, but the other were just more charged? It were hard for her to tell, as she were no magic user after all. The exact opposite were more like it, so it wasn't easy for her to tell if things just had a degree of glowing, or if it were distinct things.

Magic were complicated stuff.

Elef nodded, and Ardee also looked intrigued at the possibility.

Seemed like they may have a potential adventurer or two in the making then. A dangerous occupation, which she would not prefer they went with, if she were honest. Yet she knew well, that if the wild called, odds were high that sooner or later, you'd answer it. The exploring spirit were more or less impossible to contain. As such, the smartest thing for her were to make sure they knew of the dangers, and prepare them, in case they got to the point where they just had to go out there someday. It wouldn't be the safe, calm life she'd wish for them, but it wasn't her role in their life to keep them chained down. It was her life to nurture them, and prepare them for the world, no matter what role they chose to be in it.

If that meant being an explorer, then so be it. She would make sure that they wouldn't walk into it blindly, and become one of the myriad of beings before them, who got in over their head, and died because they were not prepared.

All of the ponies, save for the foals and Elef, would ask for seconds, and it was clear that all of them enjoyed it. The foals weren't the least bit fussy about eating it at least.

Void would find all of the ingredients properly chilled when she checked, she would just need to mix the soda water, flavor, and creme into the glasses that they would drink out of, as the instructions indicated that it was best enjoyed freshly prepared, one step being 'with a smile and a pun'

It brought a smile to her face to see that they were all enjoying the meal. From youngest to oldest, there were bowls being emptied and filled up again, and thankfully, there'd be plenty enough for them all. Even for her and Lacuna to have another bowl, though the lizard had gotten his fill during the first, and were now slung over her neck, resting. The cute little, whistling snore were just bringing an extra bit of a smile to her lips, and as she finished her own bowl, she'd go and check up on the sodas.

Thankfully, they were ready now. Well, they were cooled down at least. They still needed a little more work, and then... There.

She got the things ready, along with a bunch of cups, so that there were one for everyone present. Some straws too, just in case. Wasn't the best ones, but she had managed to find some wooden ones that wasn't too badly roughed up, and washed them. She figured they'd be useful when her new little sibling got older, but now they got used before that. A happy coincidence.

Reading through one more time, just to be sure, she'd pour in the ingredients in the way it were presented, and ended up with the wooden straws, popped into the glasses/cups. It looked good for a first try, though of course, the taste is what they'd have to evaluate it on. Here were hoping it went well.

"Okay, I have something here that s-should be good. Never tried making it before, but I followed the steps right. It's called a soda. It's a kind of s-sweet drink. A treat for everyone here. Just try not to spill it all over, o-okay? It's likely to get rather sticky then.

W-Whenever everyone's ready, we'll try together, okay?"

She'd drink along too when it were, to show solidarity, and test the waters. Now it were just hoping it were good...

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

While the door wasn't locked, it was certainly stiff. The hinges sure acted like they hadn't been used in years. Nonetheless Null was able to get the door open far enough to pass through. It would close behind her unless she propped it open somehow, the hinges had some pretty strong springs in them to keep the door shut.

It was dark in the hallway ahead, but she could make out a bit of her surroundings, it looked something like an office space, like one would expect in a Manehatten high rise or Canterlot. The window at the far end were covered, but would likely give a good view down on the town.

There was the distinct chime of the elevator arriving at her floor, followed by the sound of slow deliberate hoofsteps on the dusty carpet.

(Troy)

Elef would also do his part to keep it from getting too close to Void, while also giving her a good angle to look at it, "Do you think you, or maybe Miss Vale, could take it to get charged? I want to see what it looks like when it is full of magic."

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Okay, I have something here that s-should be good. Never tried making it before, but I followed the steps right. It's called a soda. It's a kind of s-sweet drink. A treat for everyone here. Just try not to spill it all over, o-okay? It's likely to get rather sticky then.

W-Whenever everyone's ready, we'll try together, okay?"

The ponies gathered around Vale's makeshift soda fountain setup, sniffing at the syrups and other ingredients before more closely examining the finished product. Ardee would take one once offered, "It looks like something Mistress brought us once, between getting out of the lab and waiting in the facility. It was interesting then..."

Her eyes widened when she took a tentative sip, "Oh! This is much better than that was."

Her endorsement got the other ponies more interested, each taking their glasses and trying it for themselves, they each had a look of wonder at the flavor. Teal though held back the foals before they could get too excited, "I don't know if they'll like the bubbles too much. Could it be made without them?"

Toupé looked at her glass appraisingly, "How did the bubbles get in there in the first place?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-16 at 7:02 AM, Illiad Easle said:

While the door wasn't locked, it was certainly stiff. The hinges sure acted like they hadn't been used in years. Nonetheless Null was able to get the door open far enough to pass through. It would close behind her unless she propped it open somehow, the hinges had some pretty strong springs in them to keep the door shut.

One of the great rules of survival: If you wandered into something unknown, try not to have a door close shut behind you. You might need to run back, and if it were locked, you were screwed.

Sadly, she didn't have a lot of things on her to use in that regard. Just her hat, her knife, and that darn bracer thing she had worn yesterday, as she had been occupied with her mind too much, to really take any of the things she wore then off. Didn't look as nicely anymore, as her more usual dusty traveler look had overtaken the clean one from yesterday, but it were still there.

If it were usable, she would take one of the silver bracers she wore off her leg, and use it to wedge in the door, so it wouldn't be able to lock shut. She'd keep the one on her right leg though. It might be useful later. Silver tended to be.

It was dark in the hallway ahead, but she could make out a bit of her surroundings, it looked something like an office space, like one would expect in a Manehatten high rise or Canterlot. The window at the far end were covered, but would likely give a good view down on the town.

There was the distinct chime of the elevator arriving at her floor, followed by the sound of slow deliberate hoofsteps on the dusty carpet.

Looking around, she were a little disappointed in the area. She sort of hoped for some altars, or at least some bloody smears on the floor. This just looked like a boring little office space, that had been left to rot.

Yet, soon after, she'd hear that this place wasn't totally deserted. There were someone else here, wandering out of the elevator.

This were a point where being small were to her advantage, as Null snuck closer, and covered behind what she could find. She wanted to see who she were dealing with, and try to get information, rather than get it by stabbery. Some degree of stealth might be more handy, than being covered in blood, and have questions raised about whatever or not she saw someone that were missing. Who might not even be evil, but just lost. She'd hopefully find out soon, and learn something important. Without stabbing, but y'know, if it came down to it...

(Troy)

"Do you think you, or maybe Miss Vale, could take it to get charged? I want to see what it looks like when it is full of magic."

"It'd probably best if Vale does it, Elef. Magic doesn't work well around me, sadly. I'm sure that if you ask her nicely, she'd be happy to find someone that could help with this, and get your souvenir brimming with magic."

Her eyes widened when she took a tentative sip, "Oh! This is much better than that was."

This was a weight off her shoulders to hear. She weren't sure what she'd think, but the foals were the important ones in this equation. Their happiness were the point of this, and seeing that it were going well between them, were making her smile more and more.

Having a sip herself, she were honestly surprised how well it had gone. Even if she had followed the recipe well, it were still a first attempt. There were no guarantee that it would be tasty. In a way, she had hoped for somewhat watered down, and just not completely bland, but this were very good. A great recipe, she'd put it down to. A tragedy really, that the one who had made it were no longer among them.

Her endorsement got the other ponies more interested, each taking their glasses and trying it for themselves, they each had a look of wonder at the flavor. Teal though held back the foals before they could get too excited, "I don't know if they'll like the bubbles too much. Could it be made without them?"

Toupé looked at her glass appraisingly, "How did the bubbles get in there in the first place?"

"It's a minor chemical reaction. It's not dangerous, and just kindly tickles, and can make you burp. Soda's tend to be like that, though sure, it can be made without. It'd just be juice then, though. But I can try and work on that, if they don't like this. It might be a little more flat then, since it's made to be bubbly. No worries though. We'll figure it out if they don't like it, Teal. I promise."

There were several recipes here, so she could try and find one that worked without bubbles, or just try and find the things for a nice glass of juice. Whatever it took, she'd make sure to find something the little ones liked too, in case this wasn't to their taste. Maybe the bubbles getting into their nose wouldn't be too enjoyable, for example. A few were like that, and it were perfectly fine. Just something they had to account for in the future, if it were.

She'd take a sip more herself, and let out a small hiccup. Void would try and hide it, but ergh. Wasn't like it wasn't obvious, and it wasn't something bad. Just a regular reaction to the added air, from the drink.

"Sorry about that.

Are you sure they shouldn't try to taste this, Teal? It might be they'd like it, and it might seem a little harsh in their eyes, if we just take this, and they don't get the chance to at least try, and see if they like it."

As for what were asked by Toupé, Vid figured the best way to show her how this worked, were to just show the papers to the filly. And so she would, though at safe distance from liquid, just to make sure it didn't get drenched, and likely damaged. They just got this and she'd like to keep her word on making sure these were safe, and well utilized.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Null was able to quickly get under a low desk, her dark coat given even better cover. Soon enough a stallion strolled past, he was dressed in a sharp suit and wore turquoise glasses that hid his eyes. He gave no indication that he saw Null.

"Well, well, well, looks like we got ourselves another witness." The stallion says. "I'm sure this will all come together soon enough."

He stopped at one of the cubicles, one that Null could see into, where he pulled the blanket off a tied up pony sitting in a chair, he looks fairly roughed up.

"What should we do with him?"

A second stallion steps into view, dressed just the same as the first stallion, only without the glasses hiding his grey eyes.

"He looks weak. I think we should keep him." The other pony says.

"He seems to be in shock. What if he isn't the one?"

"He's the one I saw draw his sword and threaten the guards, sure he's in shock now, but it took a lot to get him this far. I'm sure of it."

The tied up pony stirred to wakefulness at their chatter, "Wh- what's going on, who are you?"

The stallion with the glasses spoke first, "My name is Mister Doe, and this is my associate Mister Cardholder."

"We're investigating a series of gang attacks on the guards."

"Shoddy work."

"You got yourself caught."

(Troy)

Vale nodded at Void's suggestion, "I'd be happy to Elef. If you give it to me before we leave tonight I can have it charged up for you by morning."

Elef would immediately give the piece over to Vale, "I don't want to forget later, so I'll give it to you now."

Teal didn't look too sure, "Well, they didn't much like it last time... but maybe they'll like it this time?"

She carefully took a spoonful of the drink and presented it to Peal, who drank it down without issue, other than a cute burp of her own.

Toupé did the same with Piecey, who was not so much a fan of it as her sister was.

Toupé would look over the presented papers carefully, looking between them and the ingredients Void had used, "So the soda water has the bubbles in it already... but this doesn't say how the bubbles get in the soda water. Does it just come like that out of the ground like normal water?"

Edited by Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

Hmmm, this was quite the scene, wasn't it? Three ponies, of which two of them seemed to be in control, and the third having been beaten up quite severely. Likely to either get information out of him, or prepare him for it. A little taste of what were to come, in case he didn't start talking.

Now, there were no obvious good side here. If the one beaten up were part of a gang, and he had indeed been part of beating up a series of guards, then that couldn't exactly be seen as just, without more information. On the other hoof though, these two had more or less begun torture on this pony, to extract information. It was hard to argue that were a just thing to do at any point. Even if you were in a hurry, and these didn't seem desperate, as much as sadistic.

She could probably interfere here. They seemingly hadn't seen her, and she were often underestimated enough that she could end up doing quite a number on someone, if need be, before they took her serious. Though the question here were really, if it were a wise move? She didn't know how guilty any party here were, and she might accidentally end ups ticking her neck out to help someone who frankly deserved a beating. As well as ending up getting herself exposed to some real shady folks in this town.

But, when in doubt, why not ask the local sin seeker? He hadn't answered before, but maybe he'll get a grip if she rattled her mind a little this time. If not, she were gonna have to go by her own judgement, and that'd require her to see where things were goin, and listen in to what else she might learn, before doing something stupid.

"Hey, Nine? Are you awake in there? Bit of a moral issue here, and I'm not sure if this is a time to play hero. Can't say if the one beaten up is more a victim, or a villain in this, and my guts are saying to stab the two others, if they start going further."

(Troy)

On 2021-02-18 at 6:00 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Teal didn't look too sure, "Well, they didn't much like it last time... but maybe they'll like it this time?"

She carefully took a spoonful of the drink and presented it to Peal, who drank it down without issue, other than a cute burp of her own.

Toupé did the same with Piecey, who was not so much a fan of it as her sister was.

It was adorable as always, to see how Peal reacted to things. And she seemed to do well with this. A little burp, but she didn't seem to mind it at all, so this worked as a treat for her it would appear.

It was a shame that the same couldn't be said for Piecey, who did not seem to like this. A little disheartening, but it were to be expected really. Not everyone would like the same, and though soda were popular among younglings, in her experience, it didn't mean it were for all of them. Maybe if she followed the recipe, but used normal water, she'd be able to make something more to her taste? It'd essentially just be juice, but that were fine too, right? It'd still (hopefully) have the right flavor.

"I'll try and see if I can't make a mix without bubbles for Piecey then. She should enjoy a treat too, just like everyone else."

On 2021-02-18 at 6:00 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Toupé would look over the presented papers carefully, looking between them and the ingredients Void had used, "So the soda water has the bubbles in it already... but this doesn't say how the bubbles get in the soda water. Does it just come like that out of the ground like normal water?"

Void were starting to put the recipe securely back in her backpack again, so that she may head over towards the various ingredients and gathering up what she'd need, when the question got asked by Toupé. One that she would answer, but she would also continue to work at the same time. Best not to waste any time, right?

"Honestly I don't really know how it works, Toupé. I know it's some kind of chemical reaction, and that probably means it isn't tapped from the ground, but mixed up like this. Beyond that, I'm not really sure though. The sort of cooking I usually deal in, is with food, and liquids are mostly down to soup. Drinks aren't really a specialty of mine. But I can ask the vendor the next time I see him. He might know some more on how it is that the soda water works."

So let's see, follow the same steps, but replace the soda water with regular water... Chill it with some shards of ice, and make sure to stir so things got mixed right... Well, it got her somewhere alright. Looked like regular juice, but she needed to make sure the flavor were right first, so she'd use another spoon to take a small portion of it, and have a sip. If it were bad, she'd physically cringe, and try to figure out how to balance it right. If it was as she hoped - except for not chilled enough, as it hadn't been given that time - she'd present that to Teal, and say that this might work better.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Nine mentally shrugged, "They're all pretty evenly matched in the moral department, you could take either side without much consequence morally or just leave them alone. If I had to guess though I'd assume these 'Misters' are related to Grey Mane in some capacity."

Meanwhile Doe and Cardholder continued their questioning.

"Who are you?"

"I'm Flog"

"That's a nice name,"

"If you're a fan of torture."

"Why were you attacking the guards?"

"I... I was defending myself!"

"Against them, or the others you mentioned?"

"The... the others."

"Which ones? You're a little fuzzy when it comes to your own story."

(Troy)

Judging by Piecey's expression as she tries the drink without the bubbles, it may be more accurate that she wasn't fond of the flavor more than the presence of bubbles. Maybe a different flavor next time?

Despite the short time Void has been with them, the ponies already look a good deal better than they did when they first arrived. There's a glow to them that wasn't there before.

After having drank her small portion, Peal picked up on Toupé's fascination with the soda water and joined her in watching the bubbles travel through the glass before saying, "Bubbles." and gently tapping the cup to stir some of the bubbles into motion, giggling to herself.

Elef looks over and asks, "How do ponies get their marks? All the other thestrals at the festival had marks, except for the very young ones, and they were all fairly similar. Do you choose what mark you get?"

The question drew attention from the other young ponies, and a bit of a worried look from Ardee.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

5 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Nine mentally shrugged, "They're all pretty evenly matched in the moral department, you could take either side without much consequence morally or just leave them alone. If I had to guess though I'd assume these 'Misters' are related to Grey Mane in some capacity."

"Then whatever that guy did, it can't be worse than what they do. We'll keep an eye on things, and get ready to spring into action at the right time."

Her eyes narrowed as she were told that these two might be sided with her so-called *father*. Which might mean that they know where he were, and how to find him. The sort of information she'd like to beat out of them, if she had the chance. Which sadly she did not. She did not have the physical power needed for that, and not the right tools at hoof to try it. The half-broken bat were still at the embassy, as an example. So all she had right now, were a knife, and a silver cuff. So unless these two were werewolves, there weren't much of a threat that she could tie them down, or break their kneecaps, and force them to talk. Though she might be able to get some strategic stabbings in. The best strategy likely being to stab one of them fatally, and then the other in less important places, to get his tongue slipping.

Were she going to do that though? Depended on how things went. It were likely still a bad idea, and would end up biting her in the flank. Might well be best that she just observed, and weren't seen. Which for now, were her plan. Nothing too bad seemed to happen thus far, after all. So far, Flog - a name indicating he were definitely not a moral pony - were just beaten up, and questioned. Long as he spoke, he'd likely stay somewhat safe. Or at least the same. His issues would come if he got reluctant, or had nothing more to say. Couldn't just leave witnesses after all, right? Best to hear what she could learn until then, and then try and juggle with her own morality, on when, and if, she would interfere.

(Troy)

6 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Judging by Piecey's expression as she tries the drink without the bubbles, it may be more accurate that she wasn't fond of the flavor more than the presence of bubbles. Maybe a different flavor next time?

"hmm... Might be the taste then, and not the bubbles. They seemed to like strawberry earlier, so maybe I can find something that tastes like that? Sadly can't do it today, but I'll try and make sure to have more flavors to pick from next time."

It was a shame that this meant that Piecey couldn't get a treat like the others though. Had to be something else she could get then, maybe? She may have some fruit in her bag that she had prepared for when she got Lacuna that she could use. Might be his snacks, but she could get more.

She'd go and check, and true enough, she did have a small bag of various fruit pieces. Including some strawberries, that she could get out, along with a few slices or orange, and mango. Of course, Peal were gonna have to be given some strawberry too, or she'd likely try and nick them, but hopefully it would still be okay. They seemed to be fine with sharing, and Peal were also a little distracted, by looking into the bubbling water like it were some sort of lava lamp. It were frankly adorable, and just good to see. The small ones had been cherry all the time she had seen them, though shy on occasion, but the rest were really starting to light up too. Even Ardee, who seemed to be the one who in her experience, had the biggest issue trying to relax, and trust that things would go well.

It really were like working with a younger version of her older sister.

6 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Elef looks over and asks, "How do ponies get their marks? All the other thestrals at the festival had marks, except for the very young ones, and they were all fairly similar. Do you choose what mark you get?"

"Ponies get their cutie mark, when they find out something they are especially good at, or some kind of real passion. Most get it before they turn ten, but for some, it takes longer to find their mark, because you have to experience a lot of things, to find out what your special talent are.

You all had to focus on running away, and staying alive, so you haven't had the chance to try things, and try and get your mark. But don't you worry, okay? It's safe now, and we'll make sure that you learn and try many things. And then eventually, you will get your cutie marks too."

She'd say this, as she took out the fruit pieces, and presented them to Piecey, to see if this were better. It were generally sweet, juicy fruits, so that might be well. And if say, she had a preference for the orange, she also had a taste to work with, for the next time they tried soda/juice.

As for the others, she said her piece to them with a smile on her lips, and genuine sincerity, because she were sure that they would find their marks. She knew Ardee were worried they didn't, as they might not classify as *real ponies*, as she put it, but Void would continue to wholeheartedly reject that notion. They were as real as her or Vale were, and no matter how long it might take, she would make sure that they would feel that. Especially Ardee, who needed that more than the rest, she'd think.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Doe and Cardholder continued their investigation.

"The Bloody Talons and the Black Hooks."

"I see. So you were fighting the Black Hooks?"

"Yeah... I..."

"Why?"

"Because they ratted on us to the Talons!"

"You were selling Yellow Devil, a powerful drug. The Black Hooks were selling it to the Talons. So what did the Talons do to you?"

"They killed my buddies!"

"Tell us who else was involved."

"No! No! Leave them all dead! I... I want to go home..."

The bound stallion seemed to remember something, "Wait, Shouldn't I be speaking to the Judges about this? I demand to see the judges!"

Doe and Cardholder shared a look before looking back at the stallion, "We were hoping you wouldn't ask that."

"While we might have been merciful, the Judges certainly won't."

Rather than unbind the stallion they simply loaded him, chair and all, onto a cart before pushing him towards the elevator.

(Troy)

Elef and the other young ponies seemed satisfied with that answer, Teal looked over at her own blank flank, "How exciting! I wonder what mine will be?"

Ardee though didn't look very comforted, though she did her best to keep such worries away from the others so as to not infect their hope with her dread.

She took the initiative to gather up the glasses as the others finished their drinks and took them over to the sink so they could be washed along with the bowls, "Well, I think it's about time for bed right? Peal looks like she's about to fall asleep where she sits."

Sure enough, without the soda to distract her she was starting to nod off in Teal's lap.

Ardee would look to Void for confirmation, "Unless there was something else we needed to do?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

Null's eyes narrowed, but she didn't interfere. Not even as the prisoner were taken towards the elevator, to be delivered to whoever these *Judges* were. Likely not the regular sorts you'd find in a court, she'd imagine. Otherwise, why speak of them the way that the two had? She didn't know, but it were information that she had to seek out. In fact, this had given her a good deal of things that she needed to learn. including that drug sales were going on in town, and the name of a few gangs. Both of which might well come in handy eventually.

Though for now, she'd wait until they were on the elevator, and on their way. She'd give a quick glance to see if they had dropped or left something behind that she might take with her, though otherwise, she'd simply walk back towards the door she entered from.

"If you wanna judge me for doing nothing, go ahead, but like you more or less said when it came to Ninja: We have to pick our fights. We're here for a much bigger fish than any of those three, and I'm not risking the mission for a low rung drug seller. For all I care, they can do whatever they want to him. Just one less piece of filth on the streets."

Null had very, very rarely had anything resembling sympathy, when it came to drug sellers. The rare circumstance only coming into play, if they had been forced to do it against their will. But if they chose to go out and push their poison on others, she saw no reason she should feel bad for them. Especially considering the clientele that were often pushed this sort of thing on, were the young and dumb. Why should she care what happened to someone who took part in that? And from what Nine had said, he were no innocent. Very unlikely he had then been forced to do this, and as such, she saw no reason to risk herself, nor her mission, for him. She'd rather just take the information she could from this, and be on her way back again.

Unless something went wrong on the way, she'd sneak back to the door, leave, and take the silver bracer with her again, before wandering upwards once more.

"You still there?"

He should be, but who knew what had happened in the short time she had been away? This town were several layers of treacherous, and it just got worse the more she scratched at the surface.

(Troy)

On 2021-02-22 at 5:44 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Elef and the other young ponies seemed satisfied with that answer, Teal looked over at her own blank flank, "How exciting! I wonder what mine will be?"

"You never know. Sometimes, it comes out of nowhere, and shows you something you never would have thought about.

I knew a colt once when I was younger. The sort who liked to make himself some adventures, and wanted to live life, not read about it. One of his friends got an infection from a strange plant, and he went out of his way to help them. Making the antidote, gave him his cutie mark. Last I saw of him, he were following the local biology teacher around with a pile of books, and speaking about antibodies.

For some, it just comes naturally. Like my sister and I, since we negate magic. It is our talent, and we made the best out of it that we could.

Really, anything can trigger it. That's why it's important to try many things, and learn about several others."

Void went over and patted Teal on the head, while looking down with an encouraging smile on her face.

"I'm sure all of you are going to surprise us with your talents, Teal."

She had seen Ardee not being too well about this whole subject, but that mostly came to her thinking they couldn't get one. And Void still refused to believe that to be true. They just needed experiences, and time. And by the gods, they would get both in spades, along with all the attention and care that they needed, to make them understand they were their own unique, special ponies. Real ones, and not just lesser clones, like Ardee were sadly thinking of them all as, due to the things she had been told by those dreaded researchers.

Those coat-wearing monsters better hope they were all gone now, and wouldn't be so brazen as to come around here, and think they had something to say. She would not allow them to pollute these poor foals lives any further than they already had.

On 2021-02-22 at 5:44 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Ardee would look to Void for confirmation, "Unless there was something else we needed to do?"

"Yes, it's probably good if you get some sleep. There's always another day tomorrow. Just make sure to wash up, and I'll take care of the dishes, okay?"

In case the ponies used tooth brushes (I don't know if that's a thing here), and did not have any currently, she would take a bunch out of her bag. Simple wooden ones, with some general off brand tooth paste. Not the best, or anything fancy, but it wasn't as if there were many options out there, and good dental hygiene were important. Sadly, she couldn't find one specifically for small foals, so she had to hope that the regular ones could still work to some degree, if Teal and the others helped the foals with them.

@Blitz Boom

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Unless something went wrong on the way, she'd sneak back to the door, leave, and take the silver bracer with her again, before wandering upwards once more.

As she snuck back to the stairs she would be able to catch a glimpse of the elevator as the ponies entered it, including a hooded stallion who looked her way, the reflection of one eye glinting from under his hood. However, the stallion didn't show any indication of having seen her.

12 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"If you wanna judge me for doing nothing, go ahead, but like you more or less said when it came to Ninja: We have to pick our fights. We're here for a much bigger fish than any of those three, and I'm not risking the mission for a low rung drug seller. For all I care, they can do whatever they want to him. Just one less piece of filth on the streets."

Nine shrugged in her head, "Not your job to anyway, not yet at least. So you're good to go."

Entering the stairwell She'd find Arcade looking down at her right where she left him, he looked relieved when she returned, "I was getting worried, anything interesting in there?"

She would be able to get up to his floor without incident.

(Troy)

(Given the existence of Colgate I'm certain that ponies brush their teeth and have toothpaste.)

They were confused at the toothbrushes offered to them, it seemed like in addition to not having showers regularly in the facility, they also didn't brush their teeth. Though perhaps that wasn't so big an issue, they likely didn't get many tooth decaying foods in the facility like they would be getting here. Toupé examined one closely, "It's... a very small brush? Doesn't seem very efficient."

Teal examined the paste, "Tooth paste? Like, paste made for teeth? To glue them back in if they fall out?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-24 at 6:44 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Entering the stairwell She'd find Arcade looking down at her right where she left him, he looked relieved when she returned, "I was getting worried, anything interesting in there?"

She would be able to get up to his floor without incident.

She didn't answer until she were up there with him, and thankfully, he seemed to be perfectly fine. Not even any corpses of him laying about or anything, so things might have just been calm and safe for him.

"Yeah. Found someone tied up to a chair and beaten, with two official looking types questioning him. Drug dealer and seemingly gang member. Not worth my hide to save, but I did learn of some troubling stuff. Like the fact there is apparently a couple of rivalling gangs in town to be worried about, a drug trade, and some names worth questioning the changelings about. I swear, the more we dig into this town, the more layers of filth is hiding just below the shiny exterior.

They went into an elevator, and might be going upstairs. Thinking now might be a good time to leave, before we run into them, or they come to look around, for potential snoopers. Didn't look like they saw me, but you never know.

Anything happened out here in the meantime?"

(Troy)

On 2021-02-24 at 6:44 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"It's... a very small brush? Doesn't seem very efficient."

Teal examined the paste, "Tooth paste? Like, paste made for teeth? To glue them back in if they fall out?"

"It's not for your fur, it's for your teeth. You put the paste on the toothbrush, and then brush your teeth. It's important to do so, or you might end up getting tooth problems someday. "

She'd show them how to do this, just to make it a little easier for them. She had sort of expected them to know how a toothbrush worked, but she supposed, depending on their diet, they may have not needed it. With the sort of variation in food she'd present them with though, it were probably best if they learned though. She'd rather that they didn't have to visit a dentist anytime soon.

"Someone should probably help Piecey and Peal with this. I sadly couldn't find a brush for small foals, but I'll keep looking.

And there is actually something you can use to glue a tooth on again, but that's just called tooth glue. Only dentists use that.

And dentists are doctors that specializes in teeth. Keeps them healthy, in case you got cavities, or you broke or chipped one."

She didn't knwow if there were one here in Troy, but... Maybe? At some point she'd have to find out, and if the answer were yes, see if she couldn't arrange an examination time. Y'know, after they had gotten to the point where they could introduce the foals to other beings.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade looked concerned as Null relayed to him everything she saw, "Sounds like things aren't quite as simple as they appeared. The abandoned look is to keep others from snooping about I imagine. Nothing happened out here, perfectly quiet, and very dusty. If you think we should head out then lets go. Those dragons wanted to speak with us, and I believe Dove wanted you to be the one to talk to Epsilon, so maybe we could go to one of those places next?"

They wouldn't encounter any resistance leaving the stairwell so long as Arcade stayed close enough to Null to not get teleported to the bottom.

Entering the lobby they'd be able to see tracks left by a cart exiting the elevator and leading off to one side of the lobby. Perhaps they had gone down instead of up, and the judges were in the building as well?

(Troy)

The young ponies looked a bit incredulous, but picked up on the process well enough once instructed on the proper method and amount of paste to use.

The foals didn't have many teeth yet, and were understandably fussy at the minty taste of the paste. That did thankfully mean they wouldn't accidentally swallow any in any dangerous amounts.

A proper pediatrician might also be a good idea at some point, see if they were developing correctly and healthy on the inside as well as out.

After brushing their teeth some of them cast some glances at the shower before Ardee asked, "Um, showering... how often are you supposed to do that?"

Toupé interjected, "At our current rate, it'll be several months before the next one."

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-26 at 5:57 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade looked concerned as Null relayed to him everything she saw, "Sounds like things aren't quite as simple as they appeared. The abandoned look is to keep others from snooping about I imagine. Nothing happened out here, perfectly quiet, and very dusty. If you think we should head out then lets go. Those dragons wanted to speak with us, and I believe Dove wanted you to be the one to talk to Epsilon, so maybe we could go to one of those places next?"

"I still don't like Epsilon. She makes me feel... Irrational, when we're around her. But you're right, she's one to find. Should probably be the next one. I don't think the dragons would be worse off waiting, and they're likely not part of what Dove wants to find out.

So yeah, I guess we go find Epsilon. Maybe she knows something about what's going on with this here wonky tower too. Though after that, we're gonna go back to the embassy to lay off what we found out. Then I'll go pick up what coin I have, and we go look for a place to eat, besides the bakery. We need to scour out some proper places to eat for the job anyway, and we could use some good food too."

They'd start to make their way out, as she imagined Arcade and herself sitting at a dinner table. She tried imagining the candles on the table, and maybe some sort of background music, but it were a little hard to identify with this sort of typical romantic setting for her. Maybe someday, or when she sat in the situation, it'd change. Just didn't feel anything but awkward as it went through her head.

The mind lead a few other places, regarding what might happen during dinner, but it wasn't her fault. He were practically stuck to her, to avoid getting ported down, so where her mind went, were partially on him.

He might not be a mind reader, but the slight blush, and way she averted her eyes as she wandered in silence, might tell him that she were having more of those sorts of thoughts.

Entering the lobby they'd be able to see tracks left by a cart exiting the elevator and leading off to one side of the lobby. Perhaps they had gone down instead of up, and the judges were in the building as well?

Getting safely down there, she'd get to see something somewhat alarming: It seemed like the ones she had seen take off, might not be as far off as she thought. Or someone else who just so happened to exit the elevator with a cart, but what were the odds of that?

"That's the cart they dragged the stallion off in. Guess they didn't go far.

There's a chance to try and learn some more here, but it's risky. We might not be so lucky as to go undetected the second time around. What're your thoughts on this, Arcade?"

(Troy)

"Um, showering... how often are you supposed to do that?"

Toupé interjected, "At our current rate, it'll be several months before the next one."

"Every second day, unless you do exercise, or drop something on yourself that covers a good deal of you. You might need more frequent showers than that, but every second day is usually enough, so that you don't get too dusty or smelly. At least that's what I'm used to."

Often the water were just a river, but Null had made sure that she went and bathed regularly, and Void in turn, carried her sister into the river to get washed up too, when she in turn claimed she didn't need it. Her sister might have authority, but she had the strength, so they tended to be able to push one another to do these sorts of things.

"And you brushed well. I know it doesn't taste all that good, but I sadly couldn't find differently tasting toothpaste either. Hopefully someone will get hold of a few tubes of that one of these days.

But anyway, it's been a long day, and you need your energy. Let's get you to bed, okay? There's another day tomorrow, filled with things to learn."

She'd smile at them, as she said the admittedly cheesy sentence.

"If you want, one of us can read you all a goodnight story too? Vale and I managed to find some books at the market."

It'd be a small one, but Vale or her could squeeze it in, before they'd eventually nod off. If they wanted that, of course. They were free to say no.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

So yeah, I guess we go find Epsilon. Maybe she knows something about what's going on with this here wonky tower too. Though after that, we're gonna go back to the embassy to lay off what we found out. Then I'll go pick up what coin I have, and we go look for a place to eat, besides the bakery. We need to scour out some proper places to eat for the job anyway, and we could use some good food too."

Arcade nodded, "Sounds like a plan, I would also like to try some things that aren't bread, I've had quite enough for one lifetime. Back in that place you found us in, we had this bowl, and whenever you looked away from it it refilled with bread, mostly these dry little sticks of bread, but they were filling."

There's a chance to try and learn some more here, but it's risky. We might not be so lucky as to go undetected the second time around. What're your thoughts on this, Arcade?

Arcade shrugged, "Your call, I wouldn't mind seeing some action myself, and who knows if we'd get another lead like this again?"

If they went to follow the tracks they would lead down one of the hallways before reaching a doorway, the other side of which led to a staircase that led downward, the sound of waves faintly splashing from further down.

At the end of the first flight of stairs was another door that led out to an overlook of the beach, inside the building the stairs continued downward into the darkness.

The overlook connected to a path leading back to the city, but mostly hidden as it sat a bit below the street level, it served as a discrete way to exit the building without being seen by anyone in the plaza.

(Troy)

The young ponies shared a look and shrugged, taking Void at her word on that, and continued with their preparations for bed, this time forgoing any pretense of each being in their own beds and instead pushing two of the beds together so as to be able to more easily share a bed together. They also brought the crib over so the foals wouldn't be too far away from them while also not having any risk of accidentally covering them in the night.

"If you want, one of us can read you all a goodnight story too? Vale and I managed to find some books at the market."

Teal seemed the most excited by this idea, "They have stories for that too?! Tell us one please!" The others seemed interested as well, each sitting up so as to pay attention to the story.

Vale looked over at Void from where she had taken to tidying up the rest of the house while they got ready for bed, "Oh? Well, we'll let Miss Void tell a story first, and I'll share one if you aren't too sleepy. Otherwise I'll tell you one tomorrow."

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-02-28 at 5:41 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade nodded, "Sounds like a plan, I would also like to try some things that aren't bread, I've had quite enough for one lifetime. Back in that place you found us in, we had this bowl, and whenever you looked away from it it refilled with bread, mostly these dry little sticks of bread, but they were filling."

"There's a reason why prisoners are historically given water and bread, y'know? It messes with your stomach. Though magic bread might be different. I dunno. Still can't be high on vitamins and stuff, though I would've killed for a bowl like that, when I were on the road. It would have helped in the times when food were hard to come by."

She could likely have gotten some use out of it, if she had that bowl herself at times. Just set it down, step back a little, and close her eyes for free dinner. She'd still need other things too, to get her vitamins, proteins, and so on, but it were a fair part of a meal, and would do in a pinch, when there were less ideal times going on. Dumpster diving for scraps were at times needed, even if it didn't make her feel better about herself. Nor did it when they had been far from a town, and all she had to rely on, were sparse rations of veggies that were making them sick, yet at least provided some sustenance. A bowl like the one he had, would've been a tremendous help, yet of course they were never that lucky. Closest Void and her got to that, were a bottle that refilled itself with grape soda over time. Due to their effect, they could negate the part where it made you vomit, though it were still a slow refill, and pretty much just a rare treat, more or less.

Arcade shrugged, "Your call, I wouldn't mind seeing some action myself, and who knows if we'd get another lead like this again?"

"*sigh* You're right. Best we check. But we have to stay alert, and try not to make a scene. I'd like for us to get out of here without blood on us."

The overlook connected to a path leading back to the city, but mostly hidden as it sat a bit below the street level, it served as a discrete way to exit the building without being seen by anyone in the plaza.

What the absolute heck was wrong with this place? A beach? A massive long way to go, that didn't make any sense either? And what now, all leading to what were essentially just a backdoor? Maybe this made sense to some other folks, but she was a small building sort of mare for a reason. It were simple, and you didn't have to deal with all of this mishmash. Though she felt fairly sure that this wasn't all that common around here, and just another sign of the extravaganza of the occupying pony.

Y'know, along with being a path to get unseen out of the place, in case say, you had a beaten up gang member strapped in for a joyride. Sure were good with a discreet way out of there by then.

"Hmph. Looks like they're gone. Or if not that, went somewhere else into town, and it ain't easy following a track around everyone else messing it up. Think we should try? Cause all I'm thinking is that this here exit, might be useful as en entrance for us another time. A nice, discrete way to get in, without the twerp in charge, knowing that we're there."

She weren't keen on trying to track a cart they didn't know how looked, dragged by who knew who or what, into parts of town they didn't know what were. It'd be abysmal. Unless it were still within sight, maybe. But what were the odds of that?

(Troy)

Teal seemed the most excited by this idea, "They have stories for that too?! Tell us one please!" The others seemed interested as well, each sitting up so as to pay attention to the story.

Vale looked over at Void from where she had taken to tidying up the rest of the house while they got ready for bed, "Oh? Well, we'll let Miss Void tell a story first, and I'll share one if you aren't too sleepy. Otherwise I'll tell you one tomorrow."

Seems like Void had been volunteered to reading a goodnight story for the dear ones then. No biggie though. Seeing their excited little faces, she would have jumped at it in a heartbeat, if Vale had not *encouraged* her to do so already.

So she went and picked the biggest book that she had found of fairy tales, and had a seat, so that she could easier ruffle through the pages. And pages there were many off, as this scuffed book were filled with a lot of the common fairy tales, suitable for all ages. Which meant they also had the option of some of the darker tales in here, from before those sorts of stories had been rewritten by some publishers, to make them more foal friendly. Though she'd prefer to go with the foal friendly ones instead. She'd rather not scare them, or give them nightmares.

"Okay then, is everyone ready? I think we'll take a few short ones this time, since you're all tired, and then maybe tomorrow, we can try a longer one, okay? Or do you think you can handle one of the bit larger ones?"

If they were okay with her idea of small ones she'd read them the tale of Marepunzel, as well as that of Hoofelina. Some rather small, cutesy tales, without too much dread in the stories. Especially these version, where it for example, skipped over the depressing ending of Marepunzel, where she would eventually get recaptured, judged to be a witch, and chained back in her tower. Doomed to stay there, for all time to come. A rather grizzly one, as it ended on a note of her crying all by her lonesome, in the remote valley she had started in, where no one would be able to hear her wail, and lacked that nice ending of living happily ever after. Plus, that version never made much sense to her, as it just seemed far too cruel.

Anyway, she were reading them the good versions, meant for the younger audience, and would add voices to different characters, to try and make it a little more distinct. As well as make it a little more lively.

If they could handle a little bigger one though, she would start reading on the tale of Haylice In Wunderland. It were highly unlikely they'd be able to get through it all of that one, but a few chapters, they might be able to kill off, before they'd start to doze off to dreamland.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade kept the door from shutting behind them as they looked out on the back exit, there wasn't a handle on this side, but rather a keypad, they'd likely need a code to get back in if they didn't to something to bypass the lock. "Well, we could keep an eye out for that drug dealer if he gets out of wherever he got taken, though the changelings or Epsilon might also know something about what you saw." He looked around, "There's not a lot of witnesses around, it could very well be a trap of sorts if we keep following them. I think it's best if we came back to this another time, asked around."

Nine would chime in however, "We could always follow their trail if you really want to." The lines like she had seen when she found Elef appeared, a trio of grey lines heading off along the path.

(Troy)

(I mean, you first suggested it so...)

They seemed more interested in the shorter stories, and they were all asleep by the end of the second story. Vale had also been listening intently and nodded once Void finished, she spoke quietly so as to not wake them as she went about dimming the lights, "I haven't heard those stories before, they had very different ones back in Cervidas, though I suppose that's to be expected, given the cultural difference and all."

As they went to leave they would find Selena waiting outside, "I would have come in but I saw you were putting them to sleep and I didn't want to interrupt. How are they adjusting?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

Alright, so there were a keypad then. Big deal. There'd be some way to get back inside. And if not, at least now they knew where to go to set up an ambush, if need be. Or surveillance for blackmail, maybe? Again, she wasn't into the whole *tech* thing, but she at least knew that scrying orbs were a thing. Mainly to keep far away from her, and that a few seers had complained than when trying to watch her future, her aura caused a blank void to appear, rather than any details. Yet both of those were still details, though she were more focused on the sort that could be used to watch others from afar. She didn't buy into the idea of destiny, so whatever someone would see, she didn't believe were guaranteed. Besides, if it involved her, it were likely to be useless, so what was the point?

On 2021-03-02 at 5:28 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Well, we could keep an eye out for that drug dealer if he gets out of wherever he got taken, though the changelings or Epsilon might also know something about what you saw." He looked around, "There's not a lot of witnesses around, it could very well be a trap of sorts if we keep following them. I think it's best if we came back to this another time, asked around."

"We're more likely to get something from the changelings, or Epsilon. Even if they allow this guy to live, after they're done questioning him, I doubt we'll be able to scare him more than they do.

We'll let this rest for now, then check up on things once we have someone we can ask about these sorts of local things. Let's get going. Might as well get the meeting with Epsilon over with."

Nine would chime in however, "We could always follow their trail if you really want to." The lines like she had seen when she found Elef appeared, a trio of grey lines heading off along the path.

"No, he's right. We'll be following them, and they got eyes in many places. They'd know we were coming, and could lure us into just the sort of scenario they'd like. I'm thinking I wouldn't want to transport a prisoner without having some eyes out, to see if I were being followed."

She'd been willing to do it before, but Arcade were right. It could be a trap. They'd be best of with a bit of patience, even if she'd like to strangle the lot of them, until they told her where that no good hack of a *father* of hers were. He had a lot to answer for.

(Troy)

Void finished the last story with a big, motherly smile on her face, and just sat there for a bit, looking at the sleeping foals. A bundle of adorable, troubled younglings, that were getting yet another small slice of normal life. It stirred in her chest to think of them as being miserable, but times like these, when they laid down calmly, and seemed to be just like any other foal... She weren't sure if she had ever felt happier than she did in these moments.

But she had to leave and let them sleep peacefully, so she would quietly walk out, and do her best to not have her leg clack too much on the floor. Within a short time, Vale and her would be out of the room, as the door slowly closed, and they could talk more freely. Long as they didn't raise their voices. Which Void at least, wouldn't do.

"I haven't heard those stories before, they had very different ones back in Cervidas, though I suppose that's to be expected, given the cultural difference and all."

"Well, there's the original versions too, but I'd prefer to not tell those to them. They're pretty grim after all, and I'd like for them to get some good thoughts before sleeping.

*sigh* They're adorable, right? Poor little things have a lot of weight on them, but times like these, I feel like we're starting to help chip that away, a little by little."

Her hoof ould slowly go over the door, stroking it gently, as she made her way further from said door. Around her neck, Lacuna were still sleeping soundly too. He had stirred a little as the stories happened, but had dozed off along with the foals, a little by little again, so he weren't gonna cause sound issues.

As they went to leave they would find Selena waiting outside, "I would have come in but I saw you were putting them to sleep and I didn't want to interrupt. How are they adjusting?"

Walking all the way outside though, they'd be faced with a surprise visit from Selena, of all creatures. Which would cause Void to halt, and slide to the side as they exited, rather than walk forward. Didn't want to risk her aura causing trouble for the crystalline being after all.

"Good, I think. They're eating well, and we're helping them get into routines. Pen and Vale have helped educating them too, and I'm showing them how to cook. Small steps, but I don't think it'd be good if we push at them too much to start with. They have to see they have a stable, calm life here first.

I'm worried about Ardee though. She's keeping a lot of responsibilities and worries on her shoulders, and it shows, whenever she talks about them. She's worried they can't get regular lives. In parts because those... Scientists, kept telling her that they weren't real, and nothing, compared to those they came from."

Void got a brief, cold look in her eyes, and anger in her voice, more befitting Null, as she mentioned the word *Scientists*. Butchers and monsters the lot of them, far as she were concerned.

"I swear, if I see any of those things, anywhere near them, I'm not holding back. They've ruined the poor filly's self esteem, and made her think they're nothing. She's... She's walking the same path Null were, because of them. What kind of monster would do that to a poor filly like that?"

She'd look back towards the door, less angry now, and more concerned. Ardee did not deserve something like this. Hay, no one did. And yet, those horrible creatures who cloned them, did just that. Treated them like things, and ruined them in varied ways. Though especially Ardee, who had seemingly been there the longest of them.

"I just hope we can change direction. I admire her being the big sister to them, and thinking she needs to keep them safe, but we have to show her that they're all just as normal, and deserving of a life, as everyone else. Though at least for now, it looks like she's taking it well that we're trying to help lift the burden she keeps on her. And she have expressed an interest in learning some things, so... I'm praying that things will improve."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

It was easy enough to get up onto the street from the path they were on, then trivial to cross the plaza back into the Top Suits where they had first met Epsilon. Arcade took the lead at the desk, "We're here to meet with Epsilon, she should be expecting us."

The mare at the desk looked surprised, but smiled, "About time she got some friends. Wait here, I'll send word up to her." Another staff member took up position on the desk as the mare stepped off into a side room for a moment, returning a few moments later, "She'll meet you in the rotunda, straight through the casino, can't miss it."

Arcade would take the lead unless Null strove for it, "Thanks for the help."

The casino was operating as normal, it looked just about the same as it had the last time they were there. They would find Epsilon waiting for them by the stairs in the rotunda, "You two sure are eager, let's go up to my office." She chuckled, "I mean it's my dad's secretary's office, but she lets me use it so I call it mine."

She led the way up to the third floor to a small room with a window that overlooked the casino from a corner vantage. Epsilon took a seat across the small desk from them, "So, how can I help you two?"

(Troy)

Selena looked relieved as she nodded, "That's good to hear, I was worried they would be too shell-shocked to react well. It's good we had you two available to help them through it." She paused a moment, "I've heard from Ada that Elef is reacting well to being with other thestrals, which is promising for the others, it shouldn't be too hard for them to socialize once we reach that point, though we'll need to catch them up in academics if they're to enter the education system to socialize that way. But before we even consider that, we'll need to have them checked by a doctor, make sure they don't have any abnormalities that might affect their health, and get them treatment if they do. Do you think they'd be comfortable being seen by a doctor? I know your mother isn't trained as a pediatrician, but she might be able to perform the exam if you don't think they could handle a less familiar face."

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-03-04 at 7:30 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"We're here to meet with Epsilon, she should be expecting us."

The mare at the desk looked surprised, but smiled, "About time she got some friends. Wait here, I'll send word up to her."

"*Friend* is a strong word..."

Null would half-mumble this after the clerk had left the desk, to go and send word to Epsilon. It might be something that Arcade heard, but he should be the only one, unless they had someone with super hearing in here, for whatever reason. Like a thestral. Though what they'd be doing, hiding around here, she wouldn't really get.

Still, in the off chance there were any here, it wasn't as if there were much to hear from this. Just Null's continued odd feelings around Epsilon, that she couldn't really tell what were. She just weren't all that fond about having Arcade deal with her, and it frankly irked her to see the two of them in the same room currently, even if she didn't know why.

The casino was operating as normal, it looked just about the same as it had the last time they were there. They would find Epsilon waiting for them by the stairs in the rotunda, "You two sure are eager, let's go up to my office." She chuckled, "I mean it's my dad's secretary's office, but she lets me use it so I call it mine."

She led the way up to the third floor to a small room with a window that overlooked the casino from a corner vantage. Epsilon took a seat across the small desk from them, "So, how can I help you two?"

Null looked around as they moved through the casino. She didn't really bite note in anything happening though, as it were looking just like it had the last time they were here. Nothing seemed to have changed, except the faces in some places.

As they got nearer a certain part of the casino though, she would send a weary look towards the opening, which lead to the half pony, half machine, who had now finally met her end. The three coins that came from it were still in Null's possession, in her saddleback at the embassy, though she hadn't a clue what she were supposed to do with them. or even what they were really made of, to be completely fair. Though it didn't really matter either. They were remnants of a mare who had taken herself too far, and ended up in a state where she yearned for death. Unless she hadn't a choice - like say, they were radioactive - she were unlikely to ever get rid of them. It had to be quite the cause to make her change her mind on this.

It wouldn't be long however, before they met with Epsilon, and Null cringed a little internally. Time for a meeting she had not looked forward to, regardless of it having to be done.

"Epsilon. Ambassador Dove and you were going to make connections, so we're here to sort out any small details, like contact information. Isn't always safe to walk around. Especially not since I've been hearing whispers you have a gang problem in town."

She wasn't exactly sure what they were needing to do here, so she'd spitball this, and try to get a little information out at the same time. If Arcade had a better idea, then hey, he could go right ahead and take over the chat. Long as he didn't get too chummy with her.

(Troy)

"I've heard from Ada that Elef is reacting well to being with other thestrals, which is promising for the others, it shouldn't be too hard for them to socialize once we reach that point, though we'll need to catch them up in academics if they're to enter the education system to socialize that way. But before we even consider that, we'll need to have them checked by a doctor, make sure they don't have any abnormalities that might affect their health, and get them treatment if they do. Do you think they'd be comfortable being seen by a doctor? I know your mother isn't trained as a pediatrician, but she might be able to perform the exam if you don't think they could handle a less familiar face."

"I can ask her, but it's probably the best option. I've told them about mom a little, and they seemed a little curious. Mostly because I told them she were pregnant, which well... Vale really saved me from answering too many questions about that."

She'd send another thankful gaze towards Vale before going on.. The dear creature had really saved her bacon there.

"Since she's my mom, they'll hopefully trust her more than other doctors. I don't think they trust anyone who'd call themselves that normally, after what they have been through.

But I'd like it if we could try to introduce them to someone before mom? Elef is doing well, but I don't know how the others might react to seeing another pony right now, and they might accidentally push her away... Mom's very late term, and I don't want complications. It would pain her, as well as all of the foals, even if I know they'd never intentionally do anything bad like that."

Void would never suggest that the foals would hurt her mother, or the unborn foal on purpose. They were good, kind little ponies, that would never intentionally do something like that. Yet they might panic, and when younglings started to panic, pushing and flailing around, weren't exactly unheard of, and Void worried how it would go for either party if it came to that. So well, a test run of sorts, would perhaps do well, right?

"Could we perhaps start them off with a dentist? I think it would be good to have their teeth checked too, and it would get us an idea how they deal with doctors right now, since it's a smaller sort of examination.

I don't think it's too good to introduce them all to too many at a time either. Not to start with, anyway. Elef have been around others of his own kind, and had the guard with him, so that helps. The others though, are doing a lot to look out for one another in here, and especially Piecey and Peal. Too many at once, and they might start to get overwhelmed, and turtle down, if that makes sense? I have some in town I could suggest too when we start introducing them to others, but well... B-Bit ahead of myself, I guess. First we get them checked, then we work on general social interactions. Yes?"

• Brohoof 1