Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

(she's in a special place. Give her time)

On 2021-04-07 at 7:25 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Your side was very... different. Is it usual for food to hurt when you eat it? I'm not sure I like it much."

"N-No, that's just uhm... I like spicy food. It's not for everyone, and most ponies prefer more sweet tastes. I just... It grew on me. Sour, bitter, and spicy."

If Nine replied anything at this point, along the lines of *Just like you* she swore to Karma itself, that she would find some way to dig into her own head, and slap him silly.

"I know a few other things we could try next time, that's sweeter..."

Null's voice trailed off, as she looked up to try and lock eyes with Arcade again, and now finally, took notice of the agent of the king monster himself. A Grey, sitting here, just in reach. And with so many sharp utensilies in this place... The things she could stab this pony with, and in however many places, were starting to bubble to mind.

If anything could ruin the mood of everything, it would have to be a Grey. And of course in this important meeting, one of those motherless pixie's had decided to show up, and ruin her date with their presence!

Her eyes were shooting lightning into the neck of that insolent brat, as she mentally struggled with the urge to just throw herself at this one, and see if she could implant her face into the table. Just had to stomp down enough times and it'd work, right?

Sure sure, not all the Grey workers were evil, as some were seemingly forced to serve, or die slowly, but logic like that wasn't really enough to stop her from smoldering, and eventually, if Arcade had not said something within a few minutes, she'd start to rise up from the table, and get ready to move.

"I need some air. Are you ready to leave?"

He seemed to be done eating, right? So they could move on, even if she personally at least, had a small slice left on her side. Not a lot, but it wasn't like she couldn't eat it if it were. And in case he were not ready, she'd reluctantly sit back, and look down on the table, whilst sitting irritated, and gnawing on the last of her pizza. 

(Troy)

Selena looked distinctly worried when she mentioned that she had received a notice at where the foals were. "That's... troubling. The curiors only have your shop as your address, that or your parent's place. That building isn't even officially occupied. Whoever left you that note, must have delivered it personally." She sighed, "I'll muster some more guards in the area. I had hoped they wouldn't be necessary, it always draws attention when we move the guards around. I must advise you, if you are to meet this stranger of yours, you can't do so there. Especially if they're from Equestria. I'd like to have Karma personally vouch for their first social encounters, like your mother was."

"I'll uhm... C-Come around with him when he shows up. He can probably answer who left the note too. Just... Please bear with him. I don't think he means badly, but when I knew him at least, his brain sort of worked slower than his muzzle."

At least he were honest about that, and accepted that some of his impulsive flirting, had been the reason for why Null had crashed him into a bundle of chairs and tables. Hadn't been any outrage or anger from his side, just a *Bit too far, eh?*. She'd give him at least, that he were responsible enough to own up to his mistakes. She supposed there were a point there, though Selena would have to judge what sorta balance he were in, when he showed up. Could be any day really. Though the courier he used might be real trouble, when they didn't even want to show their face.

Provided she didn't run into any Equestrian difficulties, Vale would be waiting out front for Void to arrive, "They're not up yet, a service pony came by and hooked up the stove earlier, real quiet like. Anyway, is your mother coming today?"

Void would show up without issues having happened, and frankly looking more refreshed than she had been in days. As she had hoped, the presence of Lacuna, had helped her to sleep more easily. Even if she had to get up early to feed him, she had still gotten more sleep than she had, since Null had left for her own duty. It helped make the day feel brighter already in her mind, and hearing that the stove had already gotten installed, made her smile grow almost radiant. Today were going to be a good day.

Hopefully...

"Yes, and goodmorning to you, Vale. Say hello, Lacuna."

The lizard would crawl down from Void's head, and unto her shoulder, to be more in face height with Vale, and would then let out a happy little melody. And for that, he were granted a small bite of lemon, and a pat on his head.

"That's a good boy. Isn't he just adorable?

Mom will be here early, so we should probably get the foals woken up, and prepare breakfast. We can talk to them about things so they're ready for it when we can, and then tonight, we can work on doing something with the stove. I'm thinking we should bake a pie. Wouldn't that be nice?"

She'd hum as she began to wander inside, and settle down the saddlebags of food for this morning. Yet all in due time. First off, they had some foals to wake up, and prepare them for a special day.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade got a concerned look when Null trailed off, taking notice that her attention was drawn elsewhere, and being aware enough that turning to look himself would likely not help things. He just sat awkwardly until Null mentioned needing to go outside, "Oh, um" he looked at the food they hadn't eaten, "I'll catch up, see what they want us to do with this."

Assuming Null left him to take care of it, he would come out a few moments later with the leftovers boxed up and sitting on his back. If she waited for him she'd see him go up to the counter and ask about it, and receive a few boxes for the leftovers so he could pack them up himself.

Once they were both outside, "What's wrong? You were having such a nice time until you weren't. Did I do something wrong?"

(Troy)

Vale chuckled at Lacuna's greeting, giving a polite bow in return, "I think a pie is a lovely idea. Can't say I know much about how it's made, but I can certainly try and help."

They'd enter the house to find the foals asleep in their warm pile like they were the previous morning. Peal once again was the only one up and waiting for them, standing to peer over the edge of the crib at them as they entered and once again extending her forehooves at them and commanding "Up!"

The rest of the ponies would not be difficult to rouse once Void and Vale were ready to do so. Bleary eyed Toupé would ask, "So... what are we going to do today?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

Null would have waited, though her eyes were fixated on the Grey, whilst thoughts of the pros and cons of attacking her right there and now, wafted through her head. At the point where Arcade came around and they could leave, the con side had won, though the point of *It'd be satisfying* were weighing rather hefty on the pro side of things.

Once they were outside, and she could no longer see the mare, Null would gradually ease up. And when Arcade asked her the question that she should have assumed he may have, she'd quickly turn to him, and shake her head. Still a bit on edge, but she weren't feeling like throttling someone. And especially not her c-coltfriend.

...That still felt weird to even think...

"Wha- No. No, that's- It's not you. It's... *sigh* I have some... Personal grievances with the Grey, alright? Seeing her in there, right at a vulnerable moment, it sorta got to me. You didn't do anything wrong, okay?"

How did normal couples deal with this sort of thing? Uhm...

On an impulse, Null leaned in, and planted a kiss on Arcade's cheek. A peck more or less, and definitely not something that were well practiced. Far as Null could recall in fact, she had only ever kissed three beings. Only one of them in a passionate way, and she did not want to discuss that ritual. Ever. It had been embarrassing to go through in the first place, and she still greatly disliked the one involved for being such a meathead about it, after he got to his senses.

Anyway, that had been about fifteen years ago, and been the last time she tried this sort of thing, so yeah... He may need a tetanus shot, with all the rust that were on her lips.

(Troy)

On 2021-04-09 at 5:46 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Vale chuckled at Lacuna's greeting, giving a polite bow in return, "I think a pie is a lovely idea. Can't say I know much about how it's made, but I can certainly try and help."

"A pie can be many things, and they're pretty simple the make. The trick is knowing how to bake it right, and for how long. Trust me, raw pie batter is not pleasant to chomp down on.

I have these small forms, so thinking maybe we all come and work on a regular pie, and then everyone - including you - can try and use what they learned, to make their own miniature pie. I think that would be a fun group project."

She'd hum along as she got in, and began the ritual of waking up the foals. Starting with the important part, of picking up the early bird that were Peal, give her a small hug, and then put her up on her head, where the filly could see things the best. Lacuna were okay with sharing his space, so he let her have that, and stayed on Void's shoulder. Though if she were open to it, he may also try and climb up to say goodmorning to her. They had gotten along well yesterday, so he'd see no issue with that, unless she were moving around too much right now, due to being morning hyper.

The rest would get up soon after, as she started to call and gently shake a few of them up. It would not be long before they stood ready for the brand new day, full of exciting things for them to do. and of course, it would be the inquisitive Toupé that would start asking questions. A valid one too, which were so well fitting of the clever little filly.

On 2021-04-09 at 5:46 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Bleary eyed Toupé would ask, "So... what are we going to do today?"

"I have a few surprises ready for you for today actually. First one being that the oven have been connected by our very helpful, and nice worker ponies, who did their best to make sure they didn't wake you up. SO that means we can bake something tonight. I'm hoping we can all come together, and try to make some pie. It's good food, and can be used for many kinds of meals, depending on how you make it. It is a very versatile, simple enough dish to make, and very tasty. I'm sure you'll all love it.

The other surprise though, we will discuss over breakfast. Come on now, let's get you something to eat, so you have the energy for the day."

It would be a simple breakfast of bread, and some marmelade, as well as some fruit pieces. Nothing fancy, but a nice, good start to the day. Besides, the bread were homemade, and therefore in her opinion, just that much better. Not to toot her own horn or anything, but she considered herself a good home cook by this point, and felt confident that it would fall into their taste. She had made sure to sweeten it up a little, just to make it a little better. Not too much though. Wouldn't want to fill them with sugar.

Once they had gotten some food in them, she would continue.

"Remember how I told you about my mother yesterday? Well, the surprise is that she is coming here a little later, and giving you a general health check. I know you probably don't trust doctors, but I promise you, that my mom is a good mare. She would never hurt you. But we do need to know if you're all healthy, okay? Selena and I thought that maybe, you would be more comfortable having that done by someone who wasn't a complete stranger, so we asked my mother after you went to bed last night, and she agreed to come and help us.

It's just a small exam though, okay? nothing massive, and if you feel uncomfortable by anything, you can just say so, and it will stop.

But I have to ask you all to please not be too rough around her, okay? Like we talked about, she's very pregnant, and it would really hurt her, if something bad happened to the foal. So please be gentle around her, like she will be with you.

If you have any questions at all, please just ask them, I'll try to answer them."

She figured it were best to be open and upfront about things now, and then try to calm them with answers and clarity, as well as ensure they knew that they had the power to say no, if there were something they didn't like. They weren't at the mercy of someone else. They had agency here. Power. In her mind at least, that mattered.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade looked relieved to hear that he was not at fault, and cast a look back at the restaurant, "That's good to hear, you'll have to tell me sometime about why you don-"

Was as far as he got before Null took advantage of his turned face to get him on the cheek, stopping his train of thought and bringing a blush to his face, with a hoof he tenderly caressed the place that she had kissed him, "Wha- what was that? That felt... good?"

(Troy)

Peal would move to Void's back rather than her head as it gave her more room to sit, and better able to give Lacuna a hug like she had done the previous evening.

The other ponies perked up, slightly worried expressions on their faces as Void talked about doctors and examinations, Ardee's feathers ruffled a bit, which she brushed off into a stretch and a yawn. They were nervous about what was coming, but they had some trust in what Void was saying.

Teal was next to ask, "When is she coming? Are we going to eat first? Is there something we're supposed to do to prepare? When they examined me before they always gave me something to learn first, some sort of spell or something. Is it like that?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

"...A kiss. I know it was bad though. Y-You don't have to pretend it was any good. I'm not practiced."

She'd awkwardly sit and gaze to the side as she sat at the aftermath of doing something reckless. And while she were sure that Arcade were just being nice, he didn't have to give her credit on any account here. She hadn't done this for over a decade, and back then, it wasn't like it meant anything. This were the first time where it were done on somepony she actually, genuinely liked, and well... Her low degree of self esteem couldn't make her accept that she had done it well, regardless of what Arcade said. At best, she could accept that he just didn't have anything to compare it to.

(Troy)

On 2021-04-11 at 4:43 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Peal would move to Void's back rather than her head as it gave her more room to sit, and better able to give Lacuna a hug like she had done the previous evening.

The lizard would return the hug in kind, and give her a harmonious, joyful little song as well, to express his delight. It seemed Peal were doing well in becoming his second favorite pony. Perhaps one day, she'd end up being the sort of filly who'd find herself enjoying working with animals? If she had an early affection for them at least, it might carry over. Though could also end up she'd be a lizard breeder. Nothing wrong with that either. It took time, effort, and patience to do it right, but as Lacuna were proving, it were well worth it. Whatever her eventual passion would be, Void would support it. Provided it wasn't illegal. She'd need to have a sit down with her then, if it came to that.

On 2021-04-11 at 4:43 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Teal was next to ask, "When is she coming? Are we going to eat first? Is there something we're supposed to do to prepare? When they examined me before they always gave me something to learn first, some sort of spell or something. Is it like that?"

"Nono, it's just a general health check. She's just going to see if your hearts are beating right, if you have any obvious sorts of disease, that kind of thing. Nothing invasive, I promise. And if it feels like it's going a little far, then just remember: Say no. You have the power to decide how far you want this to go, and what you're feeling comfortable with. We just want to make sure that you're healthy, since it's kind of hard to know, with how you've had to live on the run. There's all kinds of diseases you can pick up then, and it's best to take it early. Same with some old issues that we can maybe help with, if that is. But that's nothing you have to worry about. This will be a nice, calm exam. Nothing bad, and I promise you that I'll be right there all the way.

So don't worry about needing to learn something. It's not a test, just a check up. Just remember to please be kind to mother when you see her, and if you have questions for her, feel free to ask them. I'm sure some of you will be curious about her pregnancy when she shows up, so don't be afraid to ask her about it, if you want to."

Void would talk calmly, with a kind smile on her face as she said all of this, and did her best to reassure the little ones. They wouldn't have anything to fear from her mother, but she understood the varied stages of worry. Especially from Ardee, who more than the rest, would have an understandably... Strained relationship, towards doctors. It were probably best to take that up with her before her mother showed up.

But first, they should eat some. They needed their energy for the day.

"I'm not entirely sure when she is gonna come, but it should be early. And no worries, we're going to eat first. Let's get ready for it, okay everyone?"

If there were nothing more, breakfast would proceed as previously described.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade shook his head, "Sorry, I... it's just the first I've ever had. Is that something ponies do normally? Or is it just because we're dating?" He'd come over to her, "Sh- Should I kiss you now? Is that how it works? Or is it supposed to be a surprise like when you kissed me?"

He had a nervous chuckle, "We, uh, we should get moving, probably take this back to the embassy and let them know? Then was there something else we needed to do today?"

(Troy)

(Sorry, I missed in the first post when you mentioned what they'd be eating)

They took to the bread and marmalade well enough, the foals and Elef enjoying the fruit most especially. Maybe there was a bit of fruit bat in that thestral?

That aside, they were just about finished with breakfast when there was a knock on the door, Vale being the first to arrive was the one to go out and check, returning shortly after with Vale's mother, her wide form made wider by the bags of medical supplies she brought with her.

Her entrance drew the attention of all the young ponies, though thankfully there was no hint of recognition between them. "Hello there! If you all aren't the most adorable little ponies I've seen." She set down her bags and the ponies' attentions became divided between the bags and her belly, Teal, Elef, and Peal more interested in her, Ardee, Toupé, and Piecey more interested in her bags, the first two with apprehension, the latter with curiosity.

Peal was bold enough to trot over and point, "Big." with all the lack of tact that only a small pony could make endearing.

Vale's mother chuckled, "Aren't you the cutest of them all, you must be Peal."

Peal giggled and nodded.

(I've forgotten Vale's mother's name)

She'd turn her attention to the group, "Well, who'd like to go first?"

Despite the curiosity on the half of their parts, no one would volunteer, instead looking to Ardee and Vale for suggestion.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-04-13 at 6:03 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Arcade shook his head, "Sorry, I... it's just the first I've ever had. Is that something ponies do normally? Or is it just because we're dating?" He'd come over to her, "Sh- Should I kiss you now? Is that how it works? Or is it supposed to be a surprise like when you kissed me?"

"I-It's uhm... Something couples do. You can do it whenever r-really, long as it doesn't interrupt anything important, I guess."

Oh gods, was this what it felt like to be her sister? Nervous, uncertain, and feeling like she wanted to put her head in the sand, to try and lessen the odds of her shoving her own hoof down her throat, and ruining everything? She almost missed being grumpy and looking for a fight. At least she knew what that were, whilst this? She hadn't the faintest clue. She didn't know how relationships really worked, beyond the technical stuff, and trying to explain it to someone she were suddenly in a relationship with, were more difficult than she had imagined it would be.

Still... They had gotten this far, and if he wanted to kiss her, she wasn't against the idea. Might be sorta nice...

He had a nervous chuckle, "We, uh, we should get moving, probably take this back to the embassy and let them know? Then was there something else we needed to do today?"

Aaaand then work came into the picture, and acted as kind of a buzzkill. Typical.

"...Y-Yeah, I guess we should go back, and update Dove on uhm... Stuff, yes. And I think there were... Those dragons, maybe? We can do that later? I'd sorta like to get back to the embassy."

It'd be nice to go back honestly. Not because of Dove. Nuhuh, she could hardly be further from Null's mind right now. No, she were more thinking it'd be nice with some privacy, rather than standing and looking dumb like they currently were, out in public.  They wouldn't have to worry about that if they got a little privacy to talk over things. See where it'd go, right?

(Troy)

That aside, they were just about finished with breakfast when there was a knock on the door, Vale being the first to arrive was the one to go out and check, returning shortly after with Vale's mother, her wide form made wider by the bags of medical supplies she brought with her.

Her entrance drew the attention of all the young ponies, though thankfully there was no hint of recognition between them. "Hello there! If you all aren't the most adorable little ponies I've seen." She set down her bags and the ponies' attentions became divided between the bags and her belly, Teal, Elef, and Peal more interested in her, Ardee, Toupé, and Piecey more interested in her bags, the first two with apprehension, the latter with curiosity.

Void perked up when she saw her mother arrive, and waved her closer to them so that everyone could get a better look at her.

"Hey mom. We were just talking about you.

Everyone, this is my mother, Septicity Bunsen. Mom, this is Elef, Ardee, Toupé, and Teal. And these two little rascals are Piecey and Peal."

She'd introduce the foals to her mother quickly, pointing at them one by one as she spoke their names. She wanted this to be done properly. Though she had barely finished, before one voice broke through it all, and set the tone for this meeting, in a way that only the innocence of youth could really get away with, whilst also making it adorable.

Peal was bold enough to trot over and point, "Big." with all the lack of tact that only a small pony could make endearing.

Vale's mother chuckled, "Aren't you the cutest of them all, you must be Peal."

"Peal is a very energetic little filly. You may end up having trouble making her sit down long enough for any sort of exam, but maybe I can find something that will distract her a little."

She had a small container of strawberry pieces with her, just in case this sort of thing might become an issue, as she had seen how much Peal seemed to like those. It were then somewhat possible to kind of bribe her with those, whilst she had a minor, cursory exam. At least in theory.

She'd turn her attention to the group, "Well, who'd like to go first?"

Despite the curiosity on the half of their parts, no one would volunteer, instead looking to Ardee and Vale for suggestion.

Void would wait for a little, and see who would go first, but it didn't seem like there were any volunteers. Rather, they looked towards herself and Ardee for answers on this it seemed, which to Void were mighty flattering. Ardee were their big sister, who they would understandably look to for answers, but they barely knew her, and yet included her in this? It was honestly very heartwarming. Now it were time to do something with it though.

"How about we go by age then? Oldest first, and then Peal and Piecey at the end? If you'd like, mom can show you what she would like to exam, by using me as a sort of living dummy? You can see then that it's nothing dangerous at all, and that there's nothing to be afraid of."

Ideally, Ardee would step in, and show herself willing to take the first step, but if it would help them, Void would gladly have shown on herself, what sorts of tests her mother may want to do on them. It might make them feel safer about this, and whatever ensured that everything would go smoothly here, she'd do.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade looked like he was maybe psyching himself up to kiss her, but she moved on too quickly for him to reach that point, inwardly he agreed that maybe back at the embassy would be a better place to do it. No one there to see if he messed it up in some way.

He nodded, "Let's head back tot he embassy then, I must say I'm intrigued by the dragons themselves. That effect they have on those around them? I wonder how we'd be able to keep the ambassadors from become enthralled when they interact in the future."

Other than attracting glances as they walked together, they wouldn't run into any trouble getting back to the embassy, they'd find Dove at the desk when they arrived, "Glad to see you two are back, the specialist arrived just a bit ago, Pen is her name, she's settling in to her room right now if you want to bring her up to speed on what you know."

If they went looking they'd find Pen in one of the previously empty rooms.

(Troy)

"We've been examined before," Ardee did speak up, a bit of resignation in her voice, but she turned to the other foals with a comforting smile, "They never hurt us before, not badly. And Void trusts her, so I'm sure she'll be just as kind to us as Mistress was." She sighed as she turned back to Septicity, "I'll go first, where..."

Septicity nodded, "I see there are curtains here, we could go over in the corner and use them for some privacy? And everyone would still be in earshot if you feel the need to call out."

Ardee looked over to the corner Septicity pointed out, back where one of the beds had been before they pushed them all together, and nodded "Let's get this over with then."

Septicity nodded with a smile, "Just give me a moment to get ready, then we'll get started. I don't have a baseline for any of you, so I'll need you guys to be honest with me with anything you know about yourselves so I can make sure you're all developing correctly."

She would go over to the corner and set things out on a nearby end table as well as bringing over a chair before pulling the curtain to close off the area, then Ardee went in. The others would be able to hear them talking softly to each other as well as see silhouettes of the two as Ardee got measured. While they would look over every so often to make sure everything was alright, they seemed relaxed enough to also give Void some attention, "So, um... what should we do in the meantime?"

(Don't worry, Void will get the "fun" details of the exams later.)

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

Part of Null, were honestly a little sad that he didn't just go for it, right there in the street. Of course it would've been dumb, and she knew there'd be eyes on them, but still... It might've been nice. Maybe later then, when they were in more private quarters. Even if she had to pin him down, and make him do it.

On their way back, They - or at least Null - wouldn't notice a pair of eyes following them from the nearby shadows on an alley. Nothing to see really, right? Just another pony, cleaning the alleyways for debris and trash that had fallen out of the cans. Definitely not a changeling in disguise that were following, and watching them in varied forms that most did not take note of, to see what could be gathered about the pair. Certainly there were no kind of interest for them, that were worth having a pair of eyes sent to keep track of them. Who would even think such a silly thing?

*cough*

On 2021-04-15 at 6:07 AM, Illiad Easle said:

He nodded, "Let's head back tot he embassy then, I must say I'm intrigued by the dragons themselves. That effect they have on those around them? I wonder how we'd be able to keep the ambassadors from become enthralled when they interact in the future."

"I could give her a feather. That should last for a few days. Beyond that? I dunno. Maybe some sort of anti-magic amulet? Or do all communication from a safe distance? Sorta depends on the range of their little gimmick."

Null more easily calmed down when the talk were on work, and could communicate without stammering, or acting like a silly school filly. Though that being said, she certainly had the thoughts still roaming inside her head. Pretty hard not to, considering she had just been on a dinner date with Arcade, and kissed him. What exactly wasn't there to think about? How he had agreed to try a relationship with everything that might entail? Because that one were a heavy one for her.

Between that, and trying to focus on the dragons, or Dove, there weren't much left for her mind to give a rats about those who were following them with their eyes. Let them think what they wanted, she had better things to do, unless one of them interjected with something. She'd be mighty happy to put a hoof mark right in their face if they wanted to get snarky at them. But as it didn't seem any did, they'd get back to base, and be met with quite a surprise.

On 2021-04-15 at 6:07 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Other than attracting glances as they walked together, they wouldn't run into any trouble getting back to the embassy, they'd find Dove at the desk when they arrived, "Glad to see you two are back, the specialist arrived just a bit ago, Pen is her name, she's settling in to her room right now if you want to bring her up to speed on what you know."

If they went looking they'd find Pen in one of the previously empty rooms.

Null blinked a few times, at what she heard, honestly surprised that off all the so called experts, it were Pen who had been sent.

"...You've got to be kidding me."

That were all she'd say, before wandering off, to look for Pen. And it wouldn't take long either. A few empty rooms, and one that weren't so much - her bad, she should've knocked - and she'd be face to face with the research gremlin herself. Or well, the two in one, skin eater with a shadow monster inside.

"Are they okay?

...And I guess, hello. Didn't expect you to be the one they sent."

She had rushed to ask quickly in on if her family was alright first, before the usual, normal things, such as a hello. But she'd put one in after. Maybe not the most tactful way, but eh. It worked, right? No need to get fussy on the details.

(Troy)

Before her mother and Ardee went to get the examination done in privacy, Void would move closer to Ardee, and look down on her with a big, proud smile.

"It's good to see that you're willing to go first, Ardee. I'm proud of you."

She meant that. Considering her experiences with doctors, it was a big leap to try her luck like this, but Ardee seemed to be wanting to put her trust in what Void said, when she said that her mother was a good, nice doctor. It were quite a leap, and Void really meant it when she then said now, that she were proud that Ardee were willing to take that risk. Now it were just about showing her that that risk wasn't misplaced.

"And don't worry, you can trust my mother. Just remember that I'm right out here. If there's anything at all, just call for me, okay?"

After they had gone in to get their privacy, and the foals started to look for her for guidance on what to do in the meantime, she'd have to pause and think on it for a bit.

"That's a good question. There's no telling how far between there is when you have to be checked, so starting class up might not be good, and stories would probably drag out too much... Maybe we can play a game? Or I could tell you about other, local animal life, if you'd like? You've seen how a Scaled Cackler looks and acts like now, via Lacuna, but maybe you're curious about the other animals too? It wouldn't take too long to explain those, but it's up to you."

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

On 2021-04-16 at 4:15 PM, Blitz Boom said:

*cough*

Arcade would, though he wouldn't bring it up he would take note that they were being watched. Not being experienced with changelings outside of the lab he wouldn't think that they were being followed by one, but he would conversely think that they were being watched by a group of ponies, and chalk it up to a sort of surveillance arm of the local government, or one of the gangs.

"I could give her a feather. That should last for a few days. Beyond that? I dunno. Maybe some sort of anti-magic amulet? Or do all communication from a safe distance? Sorta depends on the range of their little gimmick."

Arcade nodded, "I remember them working on something like that in the lab towards the end, maybe the expert will know something that could help? While it isn't the best solution, I know firsthoof that often the only thing that can protect against an 'anomaly' is another 'anomaly'" He showed disdain for the use of the term.

"...You've got to be kidding me."

Dove looked a bit surprised, but didn't comment, simply assuming that Null had met Pen before and perhaps had a bad experience with her.

"Are they okay?

...And I guess, hello. Didn't expect you to be the one they sent."

Pen would look over from where she was sitting on the bed, despite being a body suit on a ponnequin she did have a good range of facial expressions, and she looked a bit conflicted to see Null and Arcade. "I didn't hardly expect to be sent either, Vale would have been a far better choice, she knows far more than I did, but I suppose I'm a bit hardier than she is, and the foals are likely better off with a creature that is more... " she trailed off, "They're doing well of course, the foals you found, your sister and Vale are doing a good job of helping them adjust."

Arcade didn't look very comfortable near Pen, and Pen picked up on that, "I assume you're Arcade? I assume your discomfort is because you've interacted with one of my kind before... and I apologize. Not all of us are as, well-adjusted, as I am."

She turned her attention to the both of them, "Anyway, how can I help? The ambassadors told me you two knew the most about what is going on here."

(Troy)

Ardee's visit would only take about half an hour before she would emerge from the corner, some traces of tears in her eyes, but by her expression they were not ones of pain. She went over to whisper to Toupé, who nodded,  then she moved on to Elef where she more publically stated, "You go next, then the other two will go with their charges."

Elef looked a bit nervous, but he went ahead and got in the observation corner with Septicity.

In the meantime they expressed interest in learning about the other creatures featured in the mosaic, and would listen intently to Void and Vale's explanation of each of them as they waited their turns for examination.

After Elef was Teal and Piecey, then finally Toupé and Peal. Towards the end of the last examination there was some quiet, yet audible sobbing that the others took notice of, as well as the louder but still quiet soothing mutterings of Septicity.

Eventually Toupé and Peal emerged, the latter looking about as concerned as a foal could, and the former looking sad and confused, when asked by the others she would simply respond that she wasn't hurt. Her lab coat hung a bit looser than before, indicating that she had taken it off and hadn't buttoned it up all the way after putting it back on.

Septicity looked concerned as she put her tools away and put the curtain back before coming over, "I'll need to borrow Void for a bit if that's alright?"

Vale stepped in, "Of course, I'll keep them busy in the meantime."

Septicity would step outside and wait for Void to join her in the hallway before letting out a deep sigh. "Let's start with the good news I suppose." She looked through her notes, "According to the records the hospital had, and their own accounts, they're quite well developed, over-developed in some cases. I wouldn't be surprised if they were subjected to some sort of accelerated development in the facility. Teal and Toupé are the most aggregious, they claim to only be about 5-7 years old, but they're hitting the benchmarks for 12-14 (Using human years) Ardee is about 15 or 16, and the foals are thankfully well developed foals. No sign of malnutrition in any of them."

She turned to another page as her face drooped a bit. "Now the less good news. You may know some of this already, but I would be remiss if I didn't make sure you knew. Ardee is a bit behind in her primary wing muscle group development, unless she starts some serious exercise she may never fly under her own power, it sounds like she'd be fine with that, but you should encourage her to try so she's not grounded in the future. Elef, he bears some indicators of vampirism, more than a thestral normally does. He told me that one of the guards, Ada I think? Helps him keep it in check, and if that's the case there's no need to worry, it shouldn't worsen. Finally..."

A few tears came to her eyes, she sat down heavily and wiped them away, "Tou-" She choked on her words. After struggling to get the words out she simply turned her notes to the page on Toupé.

It was a fairly standard medical form with boxes to fill in with categorical information like name, gender, and race, as well as a diagram of the body where notes could be attached to specific parts.

Septicity wasn't known for making mistakes on forms like this, but one of the entries had been crossed out and overwritten: Earth Pony  Pegasus

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-04-25 at 7:27 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I remember them working on something like that in the lab towards the end, maybe the expert will know something that could help? While it isn't the best solution, I know firsthoof that often the only thing that can protect against an 'anomaly' is another 'anomaly'"

"I'd argue against that, but I'm cursed, and I've spent a lot of time in the past, collecting and safeguarding other cursed things, so it ain't like I can't see logic in the sentiment. It's just really annoying when you have to accept that one part of that *monsters to fight monsters* analogy, is that you're one of them."

It were not the kindest thing to say here, but it were true. The best thing that you could use to fight one darkness with, were often another kind of darkness, just utilized better. She had to begrudgingly accept that, just as it sounded like Arcade did.

"We'll see if she knows something, but try to think of things like this: It sucks to be what we are at times, but since we're here, we might as well try to do the best we can with the weights we have to carry, right? Gotten me through some tough days, to know that I saved some lives. Even if most of them were ungrateful little twerps."

Pen would look over from where she was sitting on the bed, despite being a body suit on a ponnequin she did have a good range of facial expressions, and she looked a bit conflicted to see Null and Arcade. "I didn't hardly expect to be sent either, Vale would have been a far better choice, she knows far more than I did, but I suppose I'm a bit hardier than she is, and the foals are likely better off with a creature that is more... " she trailed off, "They're doing well of course, the foals you found, your sister and Vale are doing a good job of helping them adjust."

Arcade didn't look very comfortable near Pen, and Pen picked up on that, "I assume you're Arcade? I assume your discomfort is because you've interacted with one of my kind before... and I apologize. Not all of us are as, well-adjusted, as I am."

She turned her attention to the both of them, "Anyway, how can I help? The ambassadors told me you two knew the most about what is going on here."

"I should've known she'd help out with them. She has a good heart. Always wanted to help others. They'll be safe with her."

Void wasn't the most violent mare, but Null knew that if it came to protecting who she cared for, she were not going to hold her punches. And her sister could pack a mean punch if she wanted to. She had seen that several times herself, even if she never went too far. That *honor* were usually reserved for Null. What were a little more blood spilled for her, right? Weren't like it could hurt her anymore... Or so she thought at first, anyway. Time taught her differently, but at least, it'd only hurt one of them then. That had to count for something.

She too noted how Arcade did not seem overly thrilled to be around Pen, which considering everything he had said, more than likely meant that they had thrown one on him. And with what Pen had told her kind did... Yeeeah, she couldn't really blame him for not feeling super enthusiastic to be around one of their kind. She had tried having one of those suits on her herself, and at least she couldn't be eaten like others. The control issue though, had already told her more than enough, about how she felt regarding those beings. With the exception of Pen though. But that had more to do with personal experience.

"You don't have anything to worry about from her, Arcade. I've been through some things with Pen, and I haven't seen or heard about her *hunting* so far. I ran into her in one of those facilities/torture chambers those mongrels have set up here and there, so she knows what it'd like to be on the wrong side of the glass too.

And what's going on here? Darned if I know exactly. We've run into a few things, but I don't know what's from there, and what's just local crazies."

She'd spend some time after that, relaying what she knew. From the dragons and their curse, to the varied time magics going on with the tower, the bears, and even - though a little reluctantly on the details - about Cabinet Mare. Whatever oddity they had run into thus far, they'd mention. Not all of them were from the facility of course, like the dragons, but if it included something/someone that might have been tossed in there if it were, why not mentioned it, just to be all inclusive?

She'd end it on saying what they had more or less been told: That mostly all of the big layers in town, made use of some of these facility anomalies. What all of them were, they couldn't say though. They simply didn't have that sort of details, as they hadn't been there for too long.

Arcade could likely fill in some extra details she skipped over, or weren't aware of, so by the end, Pen should hopefully have a good picture of it all.

"- And that's all I got. What do you make of it?"

(Troy)

As soon as Ardee had come out, Void would have wandered over to her. She didn't think for a second that her mother had done something bad of course, but the examination may still have been hard for Ardee, and seeing her cry like that, made her instinctively want to go over there and embrace the poor, young mare. If Ardee had a need for it, Void would be there and whisper to her in her embrace, calling her a brave mare, and holding her much as she needed it, before going back to the others.

If she did not need this, or outright seemed to reject Void's approach, she would stand though, though look with great concern at Ardee. She wouldn't overstep her boundaries here if it were, but Void felt compelled to go and take care of each and every one of them, if they felt sad, and needed her there. Ardee were but the first, but this would continue with the others as well, if she saw them being distressed.

When she were not in potential sessions of comforting though, she would talk. She would tell as much as she could about the Pygmy Ghost Vultures, and the traits that made them both greatly valued pets, and subsequently had nearly gotten them extinct, when the major towns had fallen, and their instincts had been to return there, when their owners fled. She'd speak of their natural order in their ecosystem, and of how calm and gentle they were, regardless of how they might appear to the foals when they would eventually see one.

Then she would move on to speak page up and down about the Rose-Nosed Dune Foxes. How they lived out in the desert, and how they worked as a family unit, to better survive whatever were thrown at them. She could say of encounters with them she had seen herself, where they were roaming in the deserts, out of reach, but close enough that they may be able to gather something when no one were looking, and bring it out of town. Be it food, or perhaps something that's aid them in making a simple, yet worthwhile shelter. There'd be plenty to speak of how they had adapted to this new age, and how they weren't creatures to fear, as they were not predators of a kind that chased ponies, and in fact had a very important role in keeping populations of for example venomous scorpions down. There'd be breaks between these things, as the others would get out of the examination room. Starting with Elef, then Piecey and Teal, and then at last, Toupé and Peal.

Especially the last one would concern her, since she had heard sobbing, as well as her mothers attempt to soothe one of them. And judging by the looks of them as they exited, that would likely be Toupé. Had it been because her coat had been off? She knew that meant a lot to her, but maybe it were also covering something up, like a large scar, and she didn't feel good having it looked on? She wasn't sure, but she had wandered towards her with worry almost radiating from her, and asking if they were okay.

Septicity looked concerned as she put her tools away and put the curtain back before coming over, "I'll need to borrow Void for a bit if that's alright?"

Vale stepped in, "Of course, I'll keep them busy in the meantime."

"Yeah, sure. Just... A moment please."

If Toupé had been receptive to the attempt at comfort, she wouldn't move away until the filly felt like she were ready to be let go off, though if she hadn't, Void would tell her that if there were anything, she'd be there for her. She'd be there for her. Unless she had totally shut off more or less, and retreated away with one or more of the others. Then it'd be a concerned look, but understanding that this may be more between them, and she weren't needed there, currently.

Regardless of how it went, she would soon enough be alone with her mother, and start the rundown of what had been learned in there. Which started off well, at least.

"Let's start with the good news I suppose." She looked through her notes, "According to the records the hospital had, and their own accounts, they're quite well developed, over-developed in some cases. I wouldn't be surprised if they were subjected to some sort of accelerated development in the facility. Teal and Toupé are the most aggregious, they claim to only be about 5-7 years old, but they're hitting the benchmarks for 12-14 (Using human years) Ardee is about 15 or 16, and the foals are thankfully well developed foals. No sign of malnutrition in any of them."

"We can handle that. We just need to adjust the sort of schoolwork we are doing for them, to catch them up on things. It's not perfect, but it should help with the years lacking at least, I hope. Long as they're healthy, we can handle the rest."

"Now the less good news. You may know some of this already, but I would be remiss if I didn't make sure you knew. Ardee is a bit behind in her primary wing muscle group development, unless she starts some serious exercise she may never fly under her own power, it sounds like she'd be fine with that, but you should encourage her to try so she's not grounded in the future. Elef, he bears some indicators of vampirism, more than a thestral normally does. He told me that one of the guards, Ada I think? Helps him keep it in check, and if that's the case there's no need to worry, it shouldn't worsen. Finally..."

"Mom, you... What's wrong?"

She had been ready to talk about Elef and Ardee before that tear had shown. Starting with speaking of how Ardee had the right to make her own choice, but that she would encourage the young mare to train her wings. If not for flying, then at least so that she might use them dexterously, with things such as wing blades. Perhaps that option for self defense would intrigue her enough, and they could then speak about how she might not want to fly now, but it were best to have the option in the future. If for no other reason, so that she could fly over cliffs and such, if she wanted to go and be an adventurer.

As for Elef, it were a surprise, but it sounded like hi and the guard were handling that, and making sure that he were taught control, so she'd consider that situation to be handled. She didn't want to think of him perhaps hurting the others, but she felt sure that Ada were handling things well. Though she would want to have a word in private with her at some point, just to please ask her to keep Void up to date on things, if something happened. She wouldn't interfere in whatever the mare thought were best, as she were sure the thestral knew far better than her, how to deal with this - she only knew how to deal with vampires in one way, and that one were not an option, if she could help it - but she would just like to know how he were doing, and if there were something she could do to help.

But she didn't get the time to speak of any of this, because her mother teared up, before going on to one of the next things of worry.

Void felt her heart race with concern as Septicity mentioned the first half of Toupé's name. The way she had issues speaking right now, that pained look in her eyes... It were giving Void flashbacks to a grim time. The day when she had woken up after trying to help Null, and her mother had to try and tell her that her leg had been amputated. She could forget the pain and sorrow her mother had radiated that day, when Void had first wriggled her stump, and looked up to her mother for answers. She could even hear her own quivering voice ringing through her head, on the verge of panic and tears, saying "M-Mommy?"

Some days, she thought the only thing that stopped Null from crying until she passed out that day, as their father had needed to tell her that she would never fly again, after amputating the mangled remains of her right wing, were that Void had cried even harder, and louder. She could barely remember what had happened there, except despair and emotional pain, as their mother had tried to calm her down, and give the young filly, who had now at age six, already lost two parts of her body, some semblance of hope. Though she remembered how even though she were weeping too, and in unbearable pain, Null her come over to her, and embraced her too. Even in her worst moment, she had been there for her, despite them both feeling things no foal ever should.

Both their parents had looks in their eyes that day, as the grave impact on the rest of their lives became apparent, and they had to both go through the horrors of amputating and patching up, as well as explain to these foals they had raised like they were their own, what had happened, and what they were going to do. There were a certain pain that came from a parent having to go through that, and she saw some of that now again, when the talk were about to fall on Toupé.

It was a fairly standard medical form with boxes to fill in with categorical information like name, gender, and race, as well as a diagram of the body where notes could be attached to specific parts.

Septicity wasn't known for making mistakes on forms like this, but one of the entries had been crossed out and overwritten: Earth Pony  Pegasus

So when the medical papers had been pointed out to her, Void had grabbed them with haste, and felt her heart beat faster and faster, as she ran it down, and found the page on Toupe. And there, on black and white, were an edit that made Void feel like something had shattered inside her. One single word, stricken out, and replaced with another, that put a context to the lab coat Toupé were wearing, that she had never wanted to see.

She couldn't find words as she just stood there, for several minutes, with the papers shaking in her grasp. She just kept starring at this editand feeling this overwhelming, crushing emotion of misery and sympathy roar through her. Pain over knowing something like this, and the implications of it, all too well, as she had seen the stages it could take through her sister. The desperation, the anger, and unquestionable pain that came from the pegasi instinct to fly, living inside you, but without having the body to reach the skies anymore. The amount of times she had seen Null stand on a high rock, feebly flapping her one wing, and look towards the sky with tears in her eyes, when she thought Void were sleeping, and didn't notice... She hadn't wanted to talk about it, but Void knew it pained her. And she still had one wing to use of, whereas Toupé...

"...D-Did they do this to her?"

She didn't look away from the paperwork as she asked this, but her voice were quivering, as she asked the question she knew had to be asked, but that she never wanted to neither hear uttered, nor answered.

Depending on if she said yes or no, one of three things would happen.

(If yes, and it were deliberate)

"...They better pray I never see them. There's no forgiving this."

Her voice were angry, as she let go of the paperwork, and stomped hard into the floor, cracking it. This were not normal for her, but some things, there could be no mercy for, and no forgiveness towards. Hurting this poor, innocent little filly like this... She felt like if they were here now, she'd currently be cracking the wall with the remnants of their faces. The feeling would likely pass over time, but she would still not be able to simply forgive and forget this.

(if yes, but it were an accident/Septicity didn't know)

"I'm not letting them near her. I don't care what it takes. They're never putting a hoof on her again, without me breaking it. They've already done too much."

She didn't care if it were an accident. They were still responsible for her to end up like that, and she would not forgive that. She couldn't, just like she doubted Toupé could. How would she be able to after all? She still had to live with the scars, and the memory of what happened. There was nothing good from this, and even if those who caused it, would live to regret it, that didn't mean they deserved mercy. Best for them all, if they stayed out of the foal's lives. The only mercy she'd give them, were to turn her back on them, and let them wallow in their own misery.

(if no)

She wouldn't say a word, but suddenly, would let go of the papers, and turn around. Her leg clacked on the floor as she rapidly moved out of that room, and directly over to Toupé, where she would bow down, and embrace the foal tightly, with her head wrapped around the neck of the poor, scarred little mare.

She'd just constantly whisper *I'm sorry* over and over, as she wept for the pegasi. This might not be the best way of dealing with things, but she were stuck in the emotions, and right now, she felt with her whole being, that she wanted to be there, and share her sympathy for Toupé. Another of the fillies who would need to speak with Null, if she had a chance of making it happen. Who else than her, would understand, and could give some advice on what she should do in the times ahead?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

As Null relayed the details of everything the two of them had experienced thus far, Pen took notes, or rather Sean took notes on the clipboard that Pen held out. "We certainly have our work cut out for us then, I think the best idea would be to categorize what poses the largest threat and deal with the anomalies in that order. Unless you disagree I think the Host poses the greatest threat, if only because he's been revealed to have the greatest number of artifacts in his possession, and seems wholly unconcerned with how they're used. It might be best if I got into one of those parties, could see for myself what's being used, then I could come up with a plan to neutralize or contain them. Though to be honest I don't see many good paths that don't involve dealing with Briar, and Sean seems disinclined to face him directly."

She set down the notes, "I am excited about the dust though, with enough dust I could make a few copies of myself, that would make securing the artifacts a bit easier. But what do you think?"

Despite Null's vouching for Pen, Arcade didn't seem wholly convinced that Pen was to be trusted, "Sorry, but getting my skin pealed off is one of my least favorite ways to die, it isn't quick like other ways. You live for several days without your skin." He shuddered momentarily, "But if you trust her then I won't cause trouble."

(Troy)

Ardee and Toupé would accept Void's offer of a comforting hug, Toupé hugging much longer and tighter than Ardee, which made sense given what Void later learned about what had been discovered.

6 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"...D-Did they do this to her?"

Septicity took a bit longer to compose herself before she could respond. "The scars... they weren't fresh, and very professionally done. I only noticed because she had the raised bumps where the sockets are. They at least didn't try to file those down or anything."

She took a deep breath, "She doesn't remember ever having wings, so I assume they were removed at a very young age, maybe as a foal? She thought the bumps were just a deformity, hence why she always wears the coat."

She sighed, "She's lucky to be alive, all things considered. They wanted an earth pony, they could have just as easily tried again. I don't know why they tried to turn a pegasus into an Earth Pony."

She shakily got up, "I should get going, dwelling on this is not going to do me any good. I don't know what we can do for her, maybe we could give her wings like Null? But that would likely require Minostralium and Cloud Diamond, two things that are not exactly easy to come by."

Unless Void stopped her, Septicity would leave.

Back inside, Ardee and Toupé were sitting next to each other, the former holding the latter in a loose embrace, both of the foals were also nearby sitting in her lap, Vale had continued the lesson for Elef and Teal, though everyone turned their attention to Void when she came back in, "Is everything alright? Did we all pass?" Teal asked. 

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

"I've seen her around for a long time, and not noted her doing that to others, but if she tries to get at you, I'll peel her off, and shred her. I'm not letting anyone cause you that kind of suffering again, Arcade."

Null would even position herself between them as she said that, though her eyes were on Arcade, rather than Pen. As Pen weren't stupid, she'd likely get what were going on here, judging from that, but that were up for debate.

After locking eyes with him for a few seconds, she'd turn around again, and look back up at Pen. Personal business would have to wait a little longer. Right now, she had another to deal with. Arcade and her would get some alone time again eventually. Even if she had to drag him into a room by the tail, and lock the doors after them.

"A-Anyway the creep and his murder puppet. I agree those need to be handled ,and if you want dust, we can sneak in like last time. Plenty of it were I went. Though what exactly would happen, if you made clones? Because I rarely see it going well, when beings start to copy each other. Best case, it turns into a crazy hivemind. Worst, they tur on one another, or make evil copies. It's not gonna help if we need to chase down your little skin eating offspring. So you need to sell us on this idea, before I even get close to consider going along with it.

...And we can get into that party if it is. Maybe. They didn't go at us the last time we tried to get up there, so maybe they won't this time either, but I can't say how that crazy, irresponsible dolt does things. Seems like pure whims of whimsy. Though he'd seemingly easy to drag along if he finds someone attractive. I dunno if you can doll up enough for this. Or will they just look right through the facade here?"

(Troy)

On 2021-04-28 at 5:32 AM, Illiad Easle said:

She shakily got up, "I should get going, dwelling on this is not going to do me any good. I don't know what we can do for her, maybe we could give her wings like Null? But that would likely require Minostralium and Cloud Diamond, two things that are not exactly easy to come by."

Void had been looking into the ground, where she had made an impact, from her anger-filled stomp, but hadn't said more than the few words she had at the time. Mostly because the anger were being overtaken by an overwhelming feeling of being sick to her stomach. Just hearing all of this, and how Toupé had been treated... And at an age where she couldn't even remember having wings? There was no reasonable justification for this. it were just revolting, and horrifying. How could anyone ever amass enough good karma, to balance out that that to an infant? They had to be punished for this. But that was out of her hooves. Those directly responsible, who were still alive, were on another plane, and couldn't be reached. The only one she felt fairly sure that were involved, that could be gotten hold of, were Grey Mane himself, and Null were off dealing with him.

So she couldn't do anything but feel her heart sink for Toupé, and the impossible situation she had found herself in, as the anger she had melted further away. She just couldn't maintain it like Null could. She did not have that in her.

Before her mother would leave though, Void would speak up, though she still looked unto the floor.

"...I'll find a way."

That were all she'd say, and she'd need several more minutes in silence before she felt ready to move again. And that came mostly by there igniting a small spark of hope in her. Another path, that didn't require trying to get some ludicrously rare items, which would likely take years upon years. Not a perfect solution, but for cruelty like this, there never were. Though she needed to reach out first, and see if she remembered right, about what she had seen. And then if it could be applied for Toupé. It was a frail hope right now, but she'd lean on that, as she slowly moved out of there, and back into the room where the foals all were.

On 2021-04-28 at 5:32 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Back inside, Ardee and Toupé were sitting next to each other, the former holding the latter in a loose embrace, both of the foals were also nearby sitting in her lap, Vale had continued the lesson for Elef and Teal, though everyone turned their attention to Void when she came back in, "Is everything alright? Did we all pass?" Teal asked. 

Void gave a weak, tired smile, as she looked upon them all with love and tenderness in her eyes.

"...Yes, There's nothing to worry about with your health. You're all going to be okay. I promise."

Her eyes fell on Toupé, and she would likely be able to tell by the sadness that mixed into her eyes, that her mother had told her what she had found out. If not, it wouldn't matter. Void would not talk of this, if she didn't want to herself right now. Instead, she'd wander right over to her, Ardee, Peal and Piecey, and embrace them all. If Elef and Teal came over, she'd move her hooves to make room for them too. Vale as well, if she felt like joining in on this, of course.

"You've all been very brave today. I'm so proud of you all, for going through it."

She had to make sure they got something extra, extra special to eat tonight. Maybe it were time to pull out all the stops, and get to work on something that would make most foal's taste buds dance with joy. She just needed to go shopping first, and then bring out the heater in the workshop. She'd have a lot of chocolate to melt.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

10 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Though what exactly would happen, if you made clones? Because I rarely see it going well, when beings start to copy each other. Best case, it turns into a crazy hivemind. Worst, they tur on one another, or make evil copies. It's not gonna help if we need to chase down your little skin eating offspring. So you need to sell us on this idea, before I even get close to consider going along with it.

Pen thought a moment before responding, "Well, my kind reproduce in two ways. Either I consume enough dust that my mass is big enough to safely copy and split into two smaller halves, or I encapsulate someone and their skin becomes a new one of us." Arcade shuddered at the mention, "The first way is fairly reliable if done without rush, such that I can make sure the full neural network is copied over to the second half, then the new one would be an exact duplicate of me. The second way, well the new one would be a mix of me and whoever's skin got transformed. Regardless, we're not looking at the second one, unless you have someone who needs their skin removed?"

She shook her head,

Seems like pure whims of whimsy. Though he'd seemingly easy to drag along if he finds someone attractive. I dunno if you can doll up enough for this. Or will they just look right through the facade here?"

She looked a bit more intrigued by that, "Hmm... I don't know about dolling myself up, but..." With a bit of a movement of wind she transformed from the lab coat and wonderbolts uniform she had been up to this point, and became a fancy, if not downright flirtatious, party dress that flattered Null's colors rather well, "I could doll you up a good deal. You'd likely be better at fighting the two of them anyway, I could be an extra layer of protection on you. What do you think?"

(Troy)

"...I'll find a way."

(I look forward to what you have in mind. I assume Blitz is an example?)

"...Yes, There's nothing to worry about with your health. You're all going to be okay. I promise."

They all looked relieved by that statement, even Ardee and Toupé, though the latter didn't look wholly convinced she believed it.

"You've all been very brave today. I'm so proud of you all, for going through it."

They all did join in on the group hug, just for a moment, before everyone spread out a bit. Toupé, surprisingly enough, was the one to speak up, "N-now that that's over... what are we going to do now?"

The look in her eyes made it clear she wanted to move on as quick as she could.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-04-30 at 6:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Pen thought a moment before responding, "Well, my kind reproduce in two ways. Either I consume enough dust that my mass is big enough to safely copy and split into two smaller halves, or I encapsulate someone and their skin becomes a new one of us." Arcade shuddered at the mention, "The first way is fairly reliable if done without rush, such that I can make sure the full neural network is copied over to the second half, then the new one would be an exact duplicate of me. The second way, well the new one would be a mix of me and whoever's skin got transformed. Regardless, we're not looking at the second one, unless you have someone who needs their skin removed?"

"No, absolutely no skin removal. I think they're gonna come questioning the new bunch of creatures if someone suddenly shows up without their skin. If you want to do the other one, then fine, but if anything goes wrong with the clones, they're being put down. We need eyes on others, not for a rough change in the local food chain."

Well, except for a certain high ranking pony, who needed to be decapacitated, but that was neither here, nor there.

On 2021-04-30 at 6:16 AM, Illiad Easle said:

She looked a bit more intrigued by that, "Hmm... I don't know about dolling myself up, but..." With a bit of a movement of wind she transformed from the lab coat and wonderbolts uniform she had been up to this point, and became a fancy, if not downright flirtatious, party dress that flattered Null's colors rather well, "I could doll you up a good deal. You'd likely be better at fighting the two of them anyway, I could be an extra layer of protection on you. What do you think?"

"I. Don't. Wear. Dresses."

She were speaking this through clenched teeth, after seeing what Pen had transformed into. She didn't even have to wait for words to figure out what her idea with this were, as the size meant it was either meant for her, or Arcade. And she gave Pen's intellect more credit than to think she'd offer it to him.

That being said, she had still narrowed her eyes, and gotten a bit irritable as she had seen it. Sure it would fit her, and she supposed, by some standards, she would be fetching to look at. But as she said, she did not wear dresses. She hated how movement restriktive they almost always were, and getting dolled up, and being the center of attention, were not something she liked. She liked wearing practical things, and what little she were willing to do with herself to shiny herself up, had been mostly because of Arcade. Had he not been there, it were debatable if she would even have worn the sash.

Now, if He were to say that she'd look good in it, or that she should try this skin dress on, she might reluctantly try it on, but otherwise, she would speak up further about this, after taking some deep breaths.

"I don't want to draw attention, and frankly, if that creep tries flirting with me again, I'll knock out his teeth. Think smaller, and more practical. Like a saddlebag, or sash. I dunno, something like that.

Besides, If we went along with this, what about your little shadow? Far as I recall, we're oil and water. What're he gonna do?"

(Troy)

"I think that after that, all of you deserve a treat, so how about we work on baking some pies? I'll just need ten minutes to get a few things from back home, and then we can start working on something I'm sure you'll all enjoy. We'll try to make one large one, so that you can all see what it's like, and then after that, we will work on small ones, so you can each have your own, with just the fruits in that you like. Like pear, apple, or strawberries. Would you like to try that?"

If they agreed, she'd let Vale keep an eye on them, as she rushed back to her home, and got some baking things she had prepared. Honestly she thought that she wouldn't need it for a few days, and she'd definitely need to go shopping again after they had been put in bed tonight, but it were the best time for it, in her mind. The foals deserved a treat after today, to lift their spirits, and pie were a classic for a reason, when it came to comfort food. At least in her experience, though it may vary, of course.

Depending on if her mother were there, she would go over and look at her with an apologetic look in her eye, and speak softly.

"I'm sorry about before mom. It just... It's just horrifying what happened to Toupé, and I got carried away. I didn't mean to make it tense. I uhm... Need to get back to the others, but when I come home later, I have something to talk to you about. It might be nothing, but perhaps I do know someone that can help her."

With that, she would hug her mother slightly, before hiking up things, and moving along. Lest she were stopped, of course.

If her mother were not there, she would leave a note, saying basically the same thing, but in short.

If her mother were there, but were in any sort of duress, the entire plan would go out the window, and she'd rush over to help her, though hopefully, that were nothing more than a grim, brief thought without anything more to it.

In case everything went alright, she would be on her way back to the foals soon, and on the way, would pass the cloaked griffon she had seen a few times now. Said bird wasn't stalking her, but just wandering by idly, and eating a few biscuits down another street. She just happened to see her again, and for some reason were starting to bite note in her. Likely just paranoia though, as she also got briefly jittery when she saw someone that she had not just seen before, but whom her sister had actively made a new leg for, whistling by, and raising his wooden hoof in greeting. Honestly, she were being paranoid for nothing here, and she knew it.

As she returned to the foal's home, she'd be a few minutes late likely, but she'd have everything with her, stacked nicely in her saddle bags, ready to use. Might be a little heavy for some with the flour and such, but considering the weight of some of the cursed objects she used to have to deal with in the past, this were nothing.

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late. I forgot where the whisk were for a bit. Everything okay here?"

In case no one wanted a treat, or had objections to her saying she'd be back soon, she'd stay put, and look to Vale for ideas on what to do. Maybe a lesson of some sort?

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

9 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"No, absolutely no skin removal. I think they're gonna come questioning the new bunch of creatures if someone suddenly shows up without their skin. If you want to do the other one, then fine, but if anything goes wrong with the clones, they're being put down. We need eyes on others, not for a rough change in the local food chain."

Pen nodded, seemingly more relieved than disappointed at that option being shut down. Arcade was also thankful for the decision.

"I. Don't. Wear. Dresses."

They both seemed surprised by Null's interjection. Arcade, surprisingly, seemed to be warming up to the idea. "We're trying to get close enough to the Host so that we can find out everything he knows, and he didn't give you a second glance when you were standing next to Dove. Besides, as much as the idea discomforts me, I think you'd look rather, er, nice? I know I don't know much about this sort of thing, but it seemed to work for the others at the party." He seemed less sure of himself as he continued, perhaps under Null's withering gaze, "Pen could probably, change it maybe? If it being a dress is the issue, and not, you know, wearing a suit made of skin."

Pen nodded, seemingly impervious to Null's gaze, "It'd be no problem to make it more to your tastes, I could even change it up once there if it doesn't seem to be working."

Besides, If we went along with this, what about your little shadow? Far as I recall, we're oil and water. What're he gonna do?"

Pen shook her head, "That's not a problem. Seen isn't bound to me like Nine is to you. He can stick around here while we're gone, it's plenty dark and warm for him."

She shifted back to her normal appearance, "If you're still opposed to the idea, we can look into other options."

(Troy)

"I think that after that, all of you deserve a treat, so how about we work on baking some pies? I'll just need ten minutes to get a few things from back home, and then we can start working on something I'm sure you'll all enjoy. We'll try to make one large one, so that you can all see what it's like, and then after that, we will work on small ones, so you can each have your own, with just the fruits in that you like. Like pear, apple, or strawberries. Would you like to try that?"

They all seemed to brighten up at that, while the foals didn't understand exactly what Void was proposing, they had heard the names of fruit they liked, and if it involved that they were in favor, parroting the fruit names they recognized.

Depending on if her mother were there,

Her mother was home, or rather had just arrived home when Void got there. She looked up when Void came in, a concerned look on her face, "Everything all right?"

"I'm sorry about before mom. It just... It's just horrifying what happened to Toupé, and I got carried away. I didn't mean to make it tense. I uhm... Need to get back to the others, but when I come home later, I have something to talk to you about. It might be nothing, but perhaps I do know someone that can help her."

Septicity looked a bit hesitant, "I'm sure you'll do your best, just... don't get her hopes up unless you're sure. Those little ponies have had their hearts broken too many times to have hope taken from them again."

"Hey, sorry I'm a little late. I forgot where the whisk were for a bit. Everything okay here?"

By the time she had gotten back the group had moved closer to the kitchen, Vale having put them briefly to work cleaning the area so they could cook as well as personally checking that the oven was working correctly and would be ready for them, before illustrating for them what exactly a pie was and how ovens and baking worked, using some of the bread from their magic bowl to illustrate the concept.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-02 at 4:55 AM, Illiad Easle said:

They both seemed surprised by Null's interjection. Arcade, surprisingly, seemed to be warming up to the idea. "We're trying to get close enough to the Host so that we can find out everything he knows, and he didn't give you a second glance when you were standing next to Dove. Besides, as much as the idea discomforts me, I think you'd look rather, er, nice? I know I don't know much about this sort of thing, but it seemed to work for the others at the party." He seemed less sure of himself as he continued, perhaps under Null's withering gaze, "Pen could probably, change it maybe? If it being a dress is the issue, and not, you know, wearing a suit made of skin."

Pen nodded, seemingly impervious to Null's gaze, "It'd be no problem to make it more to your tastes, I could even change it up once there if it doesn't seem to be working."

"I... "

Null tried to find it in herself to reject the idea more, but whilst she had been able to look at Arcade with a *This is not something I am going to do* look when he started out, she'd blush up a little, as he said she'd look nice, and feel a little less certain of her staunch hatred for dresses. And it really were that, over wearing a suit of skin. Really put into perspective how little she liked dresses, when That seemed like the lesser issue, didn't it?

Her eyes would wander to the side a little, as she thought over this, and had her beliefs fight this unfamiliar urge to want to try and look good for someone else.

"O-Okay. But only because he asked me, and nothing movement restricting. I draw the line at being unable to run, due to either clothes, or you."

The blush hadn't fully left her face as she turned to face Pen, and prepared to be practically engulfed. Not the first time, though she sort of doubted that this time, she'd be put up as a sacrifice to a weird thing that couldn't take others looking at it.

*sigh* Let's see how this went. Hopefully not as bad as last time, even if this would include a dress.

(Troy)

Septicity looked a bit hesitant, "I'm sure you'll do your best, just... don't get her hopes up unless you're sure. Those little ponies have had their hearts broken too many times to have hope taken from them again."

"I'm not breathing a word of it before I'm sure. I've seen what false hope gets you with Null, and I don't want Toupé to end up like her."

It might sound harsh, but it wasn't in the slightest. She loved her big sister, and wished her nothing but the best, but the things she had gone through, and the mental ruination she had witnessed personally, both through their lives, and then with Selena in her head- She wouldn't wish that upon anyone. And especially not a foal.

"I still don't know if it will even work, but I need to try at least. It's uhm.... Maybe it's best I talk more about it tonight. It might take a little to explain, and the foals should have a treat after this, so I should get going. Please be careful mom, okay?"

Truth be told, she doubted it'd take a lot to explain her idea, it were more that there would be follow up questions, and that would take time. Plus, she'd like not to think about this too much currently. What she had already learned were sickening, and she'd like a little bit of distance to that for a bit, if it could be helped. She'd come around to explain this later, as well as prepare herself for what were going to end up being a potentially testing experience soon. And here she thought that it could not have gotten more awkward. Shows her what she knew, huh?

By the time she had gotten back the group had moved closer to the kitchen, Vale having put them briefly to work cleaning the area so they could cook as well as personally checking that the oven was working correctly and would be ready for them, before illustrating for them what exactly a pie was and how ovens and baking worked, using some of the bread from their magic bowl to illustrate the concept.

"Seems like you've been spending your time well. Is the oven working well?"

This would be the first time she saw the famous bread bowl, or at least the produce from it. Didn't look like much, but it had worked well in keeping them fed for a long time. Now however, that was her job, and she had to make sure they ate varied, and healthily, mostly. Times like now, they deserved to be treated to something special. Which is what she'd start packing out for too, as the various tools would be placed up on the table, and then came the ingredients. Flour, boxes of fruit - some cut, some not - eggs, sugar, etc. When it were all there, and the others were potentially done speaking, if they had something to share, she'd look them all over, and then hold up the simplest of things: An apple.

"I think we should start with a simple apple pie. It's a good introduction to pie making. I also couldn't find a lot of berries, so it's best to save those for the smaller pies, so there is for everyone.

So, who wants to learn how to mix the dough?"

She assumed most, if not all, would agree with that, and would get started right away, at showing them all the steps in how to mix the dough, and make sure to show them how much to prepare of the various things, how to mix it properly, and so on, and so forth. It were rather simple, except for how she didn't have a recipe that she followed in front of her, so the others might not know how much one needed of the various things. Though if possible, she would write it down somewhere. preferably on a chalkboard, where the foals got the schooling, if there were one. If not, she'd try and find some paper later.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

"O-Okay. But only because he asked me, and nothing movement restricting. I draw the line at being unable to run, due to either clothes, or you."

Pen chuckled as she nodded, "Not to worry, I'll literally be a second skin. If anything you'll be able to run faster with me on you than by yourself. Let's get you fitted then."

She'd turn to Arcade, "You should get ready as well, wouldn't want to get shown up by your date after all."

The comment would likely affect Null much more than Arcade, but he would head off to his room to get dressed as Pen started to climb off of the ponequinn that she used as a body. Once they were alone she turned her attention to NUll, "So, the two of you make a cute couple. How much have you told him? I don't want to mention anything that might be a surprise to him if you've kept it hidden on purpose. I assume he only knows you by the name the Consul gave you right?"

Provided Null did not object, Pen would move to cover her from the neck down, letting her wings protrude through holes for that purpose, then in front of a mirror she would shift into various different outfits with Null's input until they settled on something they would both consider fancy but still Null's style.

(Troy)

"Seems like you've been spending your time well. Is the oven working well?"

Vale nodded, "As well as can be expected. It's not the most exact on it's temperature reading, but it's margin of error is more than acceptable for the purposes of baking."

This would be the first time she saw the famous bread bowl, or at least the produce from it.

The bowl itself was a shallow wooden bowl, like one would see at any Prench restaurant, and it was half full of a mix of the type of breadsticks one would expect to see there, as well as slices from what was likely a baguette of some kind. If most of the bread in the bowl were consumed about fifteen minutes later the bread would suddenly be replenished as if an invisible waiter had come by and replaced it when they weren't looking. In fact it required that no one was looking right at it for the bread to be replenished.

"I think we should start with a simple apple pie. It's a good introduction to pie making. I also couldn't find a lot of berries, so it's best to save those for the smaller pies, so there is for everyone.

So, who wants to learn how to mix the dough?"

Unsurprisingly they all were interested in learning, although Toupé was a bit more subdued than the others in volunteering. The foals again didn't have much of an idea what was going on, but they were curious as to what apples were, and if they were as good as the strawberries they had had previously.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-04 at 5:58 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Pen chuckled as she nodded, "Not to worry, I'll literally be a second skin. If anything you'll be able to run faster with me on you than by yourself. Let's get you fitted then."

She'd turn to Arcade, "You should get ready as well, wouldn't want to get shown up by your date after all."

Null would blush up, and look away, but not say a thing. More like, standing there, fidgeting, as well as tensing her muscles, as she were conflicted in her normal response to embarrassing her. Which mainly meant violence, or threats. But the issue were that it kinda sounded nice too. Her date... It was still weird to think about, much less say. It's likely be some time before she were accustomed to think about that, yet that would also require it to last for a while, and she still weren't sure if it would. She just tried not to think too much about that, and just enjoy the here and now for a time. Even if the thoughts kept nagging her.

"So, the two of you make a cute couple. How much have you told him? I don't want to mention anything that might be a surprise to him if you've kept it hidden on purpose. I assume he only knows you by the name the Consul gave you right?"

"It just happened, o-okay? It's not a big... It's...

He only knows the cover, that whoever I'm here for, isn't in a friendly way, and that I hate The Grey. I think I've glared at a few too hard for him to have missed that."

She jumped right into just answering the thing that were more clinical, and not as personal as Arcade and her, coupling up, though she still couldn't keep eye contact with Pen as she responded. It kind of helped her get the ball rolling, so to speak, and jump into the topic a little easier.

"I don't know what will happen once he finds out the truth, and I hate that I have to maintain this right now, okay? I don't want to hide this, but I can't risk it. Not now. Not when I'm This close, to finally making him pay for what he did.

I think Arcade would want him to suffer too, for everything that's happened to him, but I don't know. I just... *sigh* I just try to enjoy this, before it all crumbles down. Nothing good lasts..."

There were a silent *for me* at the end of that, as her low self esteem shone through some, while she went over and got ready in front of the mirror.

"I dunno anything about clothes. Just... Nothing too fancy. I am not a doll, and I don't want that much attention. That's for the snobs.

And please don't try something funny, alright? Only other one of yours I ran into, started taking full control over my movements, and tried to feed me to a monster. I'd strongly prefer not going down that route again."

She said it rather nicely, at least in her mind. She had even said please. Likely mostly a factor because she knew Pen, but still, it were some degree of niceness, and a far cry from the time when she had been shouting at the skin suit, and Null had been ejected from the tent.

Regarding the dress, she'd let Pen come up with a start suggestion, and not say anything, lest it went much against what she liked. Which - if she had to wear a dress - would be something elegant, and not too fancy. Just keep it simple and pretty it up a bit, and it'd work best with her. So no excessive coloring that made her stand out like a rainbow, or massive floofs on the shoulders, or something like that. Sides, wouldn't suit her, as she didn't exactly radiate elegance and high class, but rather a wanderer.

(Troy)

"As well as can be expected. It's not the most exact on it's temperature reading, but it's margin of error is more than acceptable for the purposes of baking."

"After a few tries, we'll gauge how off it actually is. No big issue, just means we have to keep a better watch when using it."

Seemed like a typical thing with ovens, that they were never exact. Sure they could be close, but there were usually some degree of adjustment one had to make. It wasn't so bad really. Just took a few tries, and you'd usually know whatever to add a few more minutes, take some off, or if another setting functioned better. It'd be totally fine. She preferred to keep an eye out in the last ten minutes or so anyway, just in case. She wanted a lovely golden-brown crust after all. Not charcoal, or lumpy soup. Though of the two, a bit of charring would be preferable. Horrible with pie that hadn't gotten enough. More or less totally inedible.

The bowl itself was a shallow wooden bowl, like one would see at any Prench restaurant, and it was half full of a mix of the type of breadsticks one would expect to see there, as well as slices from what was likely a baguette of some kind. If most of the bread in the bowl were consumed about fifteen minutes later the bread would suddenly be replenished as if an invisible waiter had come by and replaced it when they weren't looking. In fact it required that no one was looking right at it for the bread to be replenished.

It really were underwhelming to gaze upon, but then again, so were the flask that Null and her had, and that still provided some sustenance, back when they had it. Long as they kept it off their person for a bit, it would refill with juice. And their curse prevented the side effect of vomiting, that had been placed upon the liquid as a prank. At least she felt pretty sure it was a prank. Seemed like it at least, as it wasn't really dangerous.

This bowl seemed harmless in its entirety though. just a bowl, somehow getting filled with breadsticks. An odd thing, but beneficial. Hopefully. They all seemed to be alive, so that was good, but where did the bread come from, and what might there be taken in return? Maybe she were just paranoid, and it was nothing. Lest she noted something, she'd stay away, and let it be what it was.

Unsurprisingly they all were interested in learning, although Toupé was a bit more subdued than the others in volunteering. The foals again didn't have much of an idea what was going on, but they were curious as to what apples were, and if they were as good as the strawberries they had had previously.

"Seems like I will have lots of little helpers then. Let's get started."

They'd start with the basics of the dough. Flour, water, and so so on. Very standard pie recipe, with just a few spices into the dough, to give it a smidgeon of fragrance. The fun part though, were to show them how to knead it properly, with Void skillfully tossing it about on the table, and stomping, folding, swirling, and so forth, until they had a nice, puffy dough ball. And then, came the pie form itself, in which she'd eventually place the dough. Once she had rolled it out, of course. Anything else would be silly.

Once that were done, and the dough were pressed down nice and snuggly, it were time to cut the apples. So removing the core, slice them up, rinse and repeat until there were enough to fill the pie up. Afterwards, she'd work on making, and then putting on, what would be the crust. It'd go slow, since she were explaining, and showing a lot, how to do these things, so the foals could learn it properly. And if they had questions underway, she'd be more than happy to answer them and if possible, slow down further to show them an answer to things.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Pen at least seemed to be listening as Null spoke, though she may have been mostly focused on forming into a nice dress for Null. At the end though she responded, "I can't begin to know what that must be like, but I can see it bothers you quite a bit. I hope you'll be able to find some peace for yourself after all this is over."

Pen eventually settled on a long, but not quite touching the floor, silver-grey dress. It reflected some of the light, but not enough to be flashy, just enough to draw the eye and not blind it. It went well with her black coat and white mane, as well as the obsidian black and gold of her wings. The dress seemed like she wouldn't be able to hide anything inside it, but in truth had many different folds in which she could conceal a knife or a dart. "How's this look?"

(Troy)

They'd all pay close attention as Void guided them, Ardee on more than one occasion using her dexterous wings to help in the kneading and folding of the dough, though her greatest contribution would likely be her weaving the dough for the top of the pie.

Toupé seemed to gradually improve in mood as the pie process continued, something about it seemed to calm her after the ordeal she had previously experienced, or been informed of.

The foals were more of a hinderance than a help, but so long as they got the occasional apple slice they were easily enough corralled into an observational position from the backs of the larger ponies.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-06 at 6:22 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"I can't begin to know what that must be like, but I can see it bothers you quite a bit. I hope you'll be able to find some peace for yourself after all this is over."

"I used to think I'd find peace when I died. Not sure about that anymore."

Seeing Tartarus for herself, or at least the gate leading into it, made her question a lot of things, but the notions she held for a long time that eventually she'd die, and all of her pain and misery would be over, had started to sit in shaky grounds. The existence of ghosts had made her unsure about it as well, but she had summed that either her curse would prevent her from becoming one, or Void would make sure to bury her the right way, to force her off this plane. No easy task that one, but they had been far, and seen a lot of things. Something that could ensure the spirit didn't linger, were one of the rarer, yet proven things, though it required certain things. For one, the entire body of the subject in question.

But that were not an option, now that they were apart. Or at least, it seemed unlikely, so she had to just accept it, and hope she would be able to just pass on afterwards. Though her fear were that she would go to a place, where peace were the last thing she'd find. Tartarus had become a painful reality, right in front of her, and not just some fantasy you scared the foals with. It were a place for the wicked and cruel, and she had a lot of blood on her hooves. Who were to say she didn't deserve to go there? And if not deserved to, wouldn't just go there as it were. The thought that not even death would bring her peace were something that she did what she could to not think about, but it were there, in the background. That fear that there were never enough good she could do, to make up for what she had taken, and she would be tormented forever because of it.

...Best not to think about it further. She should stay focused here, and just try to keep her mind on the fleshy suit, disguised as a dress that she were about to be draped in. Nothing like a nice flesh suits to get your mind off things, right? Maybe the few beings she had run into that had been a great fan of that idea, weren't simply crazy and deranged after all.

...No, that were pushing it. Monsters the lot of them.

On 2021-05-06 at 6:22 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Pen eventually settled on a long, but not quite touching the floor, silver-grey dress. It reflected some of the light, but not enough to be flashy, just enough to draw the eye and not blind it. It went well with her black coat and white mane, as well as the obsidian black and gold of her wings. The dress seemed like she wouldn't be able to hide anything inside it, but in truth had many different folds in which she could conceal a knife or a dart. "How's this look?"

Null would move closer to the mirror and study herself. Taking a few turns, stretching her legs out to try and gauge the mobility she had going for her, and so on. Just gauging the functionality, as well as form.

"Yeah... I could live with this. Not a shining beacon, but just nice and simple, and if need be, I could still kick someone's teeth in. Or stab them with a knife of some kind. I'll give you props on the inner folds I can feel. Guess you know how to sell me on something.

But I wanna hear what he have to say too. B-Because he is going too, of course. Gotta hear if he thinks it goes too far."

She had opened up a bit, but when it came to wanting to hear if Arcade thought she looked pretty, she had backtracked a little again. It were still a little hard for her to openly just embrace that side of herself. Hadn't been something she had to deal with for a long, long time before this, and she were used to needing to act tough. Softening up weren't really just something she were able to jump into right away, and flip on a dime.

(Troy)

Void would make sure to give the foals props for their various contributions to the craft they were partaking in, and when it came to Ardee, the effectiveness in which she used her wings for this, were surely impressive. Void dropped a minor comment about how *I can imagine once they get some muscles, you can work some real magic in a kitchen*, but wouldn't push the subject beyond that. She'd speak with Ardee about that at a later point, when they had some privacy. Along with the naming issue. But that wasn't now. Now, were preparing a well deserved treat for the foals, and they should keep focus on that. As well as ensuring that the little rascals were distracted. And she didn't just mean Peal and Piecey, but also Lacuna, who'd be mighty curious about what were going on as well, and would be drawn to try and poke at, sniff, and lick a few things to check what they were.

They eventually managed to find a good balance with keeping the foals entertained with some playing and Lacuna mingling with them, along with feeding them slices of apple and other fruits at times, when they came over to attempt to help. It was precious, but they were a little more of a hazard than a help right now, so best to keep them distracted, best they could. And it'd work. Soon enough, considering the expected delays, they'd have a beautiful, yet raw pie, and a heated oven.

At that point, it seemed like many were feeling a lot better already. Especially Toupé, who were looking like a happy little filly again. Gods be willing, Void's hunch would plan out, and she would someday soon be able to smile without a care in the world.

"Good work everyone. Now it's just to put it in the oven, and give it some time. When it's done right, it will have a lovely, golden crust, and a moist inside. Hopefully we will get that first try here, and you can try a classic from... Well, pretty much all countries in the westerm hemisphere that I've been in. Apple deserts are pretty widespread."

While she talked, she would put the apple pie into the oven, and briefly enjoy the warm wind from within, before closing the door. It were nice standing in the kitchen, with all her little helpers around her.

"We have about twenty minutes before we have to check it. A little less than what it normally takes, but it is always good to check beforehoof, when dealing with a new oven. Is there anything you'd like to do in the meantime? We could work on the smaller pies if you'd like too, so they're ready after? It's all up to you, my little cooks."

Truth be told, most ponies were little compared to her, but she did mean it mostly as an age thing.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

On 2021-05-07 at 1:44 PM, Blitz Boom said:

But I wanna hear what he have to say too. B-Because he is going too, of course. Gotta hear if he thinks it goes too far.

When Pen spoke Null could feel the air being sucked in one of the sleeves and being blown out the neck hole, her voice was far fainter than before, "Talking will be rather... difficult, for me like this, so you'll have to do the talking. If he's not wooed by the dress alone that is. Still, I'll let you do the moving unless we're in danger and need to run quickly away."

If felt like Pen let out a breath and the dress sagged a bit, like she was relaxing and just hanging on Null's body rather than clinging to it, further improving Null's mobility.

Null would find Arcade in the hallway if she went looking for him, walking towards Pen's room. Or if she waited for him to come back he'd eventually knock.

In either case he'd raise an eyebrow when he did see her, "Wow! You... you look like a whole new pony. It really suits you actually."

Arcade was dressed up a bit from the previous night, having looked a little deeper in the closet and having seen what the other stallions wore. He was actually wearing a grey suit as well, not quite as shiny as Null's, but it was similar enough in color to make them look like a matching set.

(Troy)

The ponies were eager to take what they'd learned and use it to make the smaller pies immediately. No sense in waiting when they already had all the ingredients in front of them right?

They would even let the foals, with close supervision, do their part in making their own small pies, the two of them parroting rather well after watching the older ponies work.

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

16 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

"Talking will be rather... difficult, for me like this, so you'll have to do the talking. If he's not wooed by the dress alone that is. Still, I'll let you do the moving unless we're in danger and need to run quickly away."

"If this is how you talk, I'd prefer that you keep it down. It's unsettling."

She had seen, heard, felt, and otherwise experienced quite a few weird things. Being enveloped in what looked like an evening dress, and feeling the breath going out on her neck, made for an uncomfortable feeling, that made the small hairs on the back of her neck shiver. Least she wasn't being held so closely that this might as well be a literal, second layer of her skin anymore. That were something.

With the look settled, she'd go and look for the one whose opinion she actually cared about, and when she found him, she'd just stad there and look on him a bit, while her heart skipped a beat. She wasn't a massive romantic, or one who went fawning over others, but Arcade looked really good in that suit, actually. It fit his form, and made him look quite handsome. The color were nice too, with it being a more toned down thing than most of the shiny dark ones that she usually saw.

18 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

In either case he'd raise an eyebrow when he did see her, "Wow! You... you look like a whole new pony. It really suits you actually."

Arcade was dressed up a bit from the previous night, having looked a little deeper in the closet and having seen what the other stallions wore. He was actually wearing a grey suit as well, not quite as shiny as Null's, but it was similar enough in color to make them look like a matching set.

"T-Thanks. The suit uhm,... It looks r-really good on you. I like the colors."

Now she really Did feel like a filly on her way to prom. Butterflies roaming in her stomach, blushing like an idiot, and thinking about how nice it'd be to be seen with him. Though that last one were a brief occurrence, before she sort of got to her senses. She were still infatuated with him. That would not be taken away. Yet she wasn't going full on girly. It were just a thought that had rushed into her head, and passed by a little slowly, as she had been uhm... Caught up in the moment. That was it..

If Arcade were thinking of a good point to go in with a surprise kiss, this would likely be it. before the moment had passed, preferably, though he might not catch up on that, and they'd just get on with their day. Seemed like they had a party tower to go to again already. And at this point, they may as well consider buying a tent outside. It'd save travel time since they just went back there all the time anyway.

(Troy)

Null were nearly beaming with pride as she saw the foals get to work on crafting their own mini pies, in the forms that she had taken along for the purpose. Even Peal and Piecey, though they had to be given some guidance and help, for things to not go too nuts, and end with them covered in flour. There would be some flour spots here and there, but this were a kitchen. It couldn't be avoided, and she would rather focus on how well they had all done.

There had still been a need for some guiding points. A dough too thick, her telling them what amount of ingredients they should use, for the smaller pie doughs, and such things, but they actually got through it with a surprisingly small amount of help from her. It told her they had really been paying attention before, and it was blissful to see that.

"Good job everyone. Now, we need for you to decide on what filling you'd like. We have a good deal of various fruits and berries to pick from here. Blackberries are a classic, as is rhubarb, though I could only find enough rhubarb for one, sadly. Anyway, there's also apple, strawberries - which is what a think a certain little filly would love to use - prickly pears, a bit of mango, and some regular pears. There's lots of ways to make pie, but I think the regular filled ones are the way to go, and then we try some other variations of it another time.

Pick what you'd like to come into the pie, and then make sure that things are in small enough pieces. Otherwise, it won't get the right texture. If you need help with it, don't hesitate to ask for help. I'm always happy to do that, even if you've all proven to be very good little cooks."

And speaking of cooking, she had to go check on the apple pie again, just about now. She had done so five minutes ago, but it hadn't been quite done yet at that point. And sure enough, this oven were a little speedier than at first expected, but not too much, so it had just about hit a perfect look now, at a few minutes prior to what were seen as the average time.

70 Best Apple Pie Recipes - How to Make Homemade Apple Pie From Scratch

And there, as she pulled it out and put it on the table, they had it: A beautiful apple pie, that soon filled the room with it's delicious aroma. Though while it were just begging to be eaten, Void would still put it up high, to try and avoid others to get to it right away.

"We just need to let it cool down for a few minutes, and I'll make sure to cut some slices for everyone. It's just a little too hot for you right out of the oven."

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

7 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"If this is how you talk, I'd prefer that you keep it down. It's unsettling."

Pen didn't respond to that, though that was likely due to her not having a way to really respond without giving away that she wasn't a dress. She'd probably speak up in some way if it were necessary.

"T-Thanks. The suit uhm,... It looks r-really good on you. I like the colors."

Arcade blushed almost as much as Null did, and he actually did at least try to go in for a kiss but missed her mouth and got her forehead instead. It was good she wasn't a unicorn or he might have stabbed himself.

He pulled back blushing even harder, "Shoot, I messed that up didn't I? I'm sorry."

He seemed eager to move on as he took the lead past her without waiting for her to tell him just how terrible he was at kissing. "L-Let's get going, don't want to be late right?"

(Troy)

The young ponies would want to try each of the potential fillings that they hadn't been exposed to yet, and everyone would try a very small portion of them all if they were allowed.

Piecey seemed to like the strawberries best, Peal being more partial to the Blackberries. Teal chose pears, Elef chose mango, Ardee chose prickly pear, and Toupé chose rhubarb.

"We just need to let it cool down for a few minutes, and I'll make sure to cut some slices for everyone. It's just a little too hot for you right out of the oven."

They all seemed impressed at how what they made had turned out. "Wow!" Teal said, "Did we really make that? Maybe the oven is magical, replacing what we put in with a much better version? Like that one machine Mistress told us about?"

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-10 at 7:07 AM, Illiad Easle said:

He pulled back blushing even harder, "Shoot, I messed that up didn't I? I'm sorry."

Null blushed up as he hit her forehead. She honestly couldn't tell that that wasn't his intention and it wasn't as if she hadn't done so herself. Though there had been a brief moment when he leaned in, when she were hoping that perhaps now, were going to be the real thing. She felt her heart pound like it here trying to crack her ribcage as he got nearer, yet sadly, it had not gone that way. It still felt nice to feel his lips on her, but she had sorta hoped...

Awh, to Tartarus with it.

Before getting much further than he just had, Null would leap in, and kiss him properly. It weren't something special. A simple muzzle on muzzle kiss. Nothing practiced, or really special. But right there in the moment, she had just stopped thinking about it, and tried to give in, and it felt good. Though both the moment and kiss were brief, she had felt happy in the moment. Nothing weighing her down, or gnawing on her mind. Just a simple moment between the two of them, where nothing else mattered.

Right after though, she'd stumble backwards and nearly fall over her own hooves, with a face now sodark red, that she looked like a ripe tomato.

He seemed eager to move on as he took the lead past her without waiting for her to tell him just how terrible he was at kissing. "L-Let's get going, don't want to be late right?"

If he still spoke after this or not, Null's response would be much the same. Just stammering, as she awkwardly turned around.

"Y-Yes. We uhm... B-Busy. With work."

If there were nothing else from Arcade, she'd start to make her way slowly towards the door.

(Troy)

They'd each be allowed to try out the food in advance, as per usual. Void wanted them to keep knowing what things tasted like, and to know that it was safe as well. Some of the picks from them surprised her though. Especially Ardee, as prickly pears were not something that a whole lot liked to eat. Usually made them pretty inexpensive, but good, if you had a liking for their flavor. Plentiful as well, in desert areas, so it were one thing that were easy to find locally.

They all seemed impressed at how what they made had turned out. "Wow!" Teal said, "Did we really make that? Maybe the oven is magical, replacing what we put in with a much better version? Like that one machine Mistress told us about?"

"Nono, it's nothing that special. It's the heat inside the oven. it warms up what you put inside it, with upwards of hundreds of degrees. Baking especially, means you can make something really grow and take form from the dough you started with, to something airy and delicious. It can also keep your food warm in general, and be used for many, many kinds of foods. This is going to be the first, but we'll go over many others in due time.

I don't know the exact way how an oven work though, but it is just heat, and circulating it. Most ovens I've run into aren't magical, and the few that are, tends to make some very weird things.

What's the sort of machine your mistress told you about? Is it food related, or was it anything you put into it?"

She'd begin to take the plates out, and prepare a knife to cut the apple pie as waited for/heard the story behind this. It'd perhaps give some more insight into their mistress, which could be important, as well as give the pie the few minutes it needed to cool off, and settle. She liked it being warm still, so half an hour in a window weren't her style. Not with pies, anyway. Barring a few exceptions, of course. Baking were a varied science, requiring some different approaches here and there.

• Brohoof 1