Jump to content

Private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom


Recommended Posts

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

Arcade had most definitely not expected to get kissed back, much less with the amount of force that Null had.

He did however, very much enjoy it, as was evidenced by the goofy smile on his face afterwards.

Nonetheless, he dutifully followed Null out of the building.

Branch was at the desk, "Where are you two going dressed like that?"

Arcade was quick to compose himself and responded, "Pen thinks getting a closer look at the items at the party we went to last night would be useful in evaluating what sort of danger they pose and what would need to be done. So we're going to do our best to see everything we can."

Branch nodded, "You two stay safe. As important as this is... funerals are expensive, and replacing you would be impossible."

Unless Null had something more to say, they'd continue on to the party.

Just like the last time, there was a big crowd out front, the lights above indicated that the party was already in progress. They'd show the chip and the guard would let them in, the elevator would take them up to the top floor to reveal the mass of partygoers dancing and socializing. Arcade would turn to Null, "So, do we split up and look around? Stick together? Your call."

 

(Troy)

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

What's the sort of machine your mistress told you about? Is it food related, or was it anything you put into it?

The ponies looked thoughtful as they tried to remember more of what Mistress had told them, Ardee eventually shrugged, "We never saw it ourselves, and she only mentioned it in passing once."

Vale however seemed to remember something, "I don't know if it's the same one, but I heard about something like that once, it was this big clockwork machine that would improve whatever you put inside it, make it into a better version, though sometimes 'better' was subjective."

That said they all turned their attention to the pie that was being cut and plated for them. Teal especially seemed pleased with the result, "It smells so good! And looks so warm! It's been so long since we've had food that was hot. Back with Mistress I think."

Vale seemed thoughtful, but decided the idea she had should wait until she and Vale were alone to share it.

  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Register now to remove this ad.
  • Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Blitz Boom The brothers were initially hesitant at Null's enthusiasm, but with a silent understanding between them they quickly got up to training at Null's speed. After a few good glides from t

@Blitz Boom The unicorn looked unsure, "But, Gemini's enchantments..." The unicorn looked conflicted, but sighed, shook his head, and put his knife back at his side. "No, we've got enoug

@Illiad Easle "I wasn't gonna hurt you, unless there were no other way." Null spoke with a sad, actually sympathetic tone to the freaked out little thing, now starting to think to himself, t

Posted Images

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-12 at 4:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Branch nodded, "You two stay safe. As important as this is... funerals are expensive, and replacing you would be impossible."

"We'll be fine. See you later."

Normally, Null would have responded with a grumbling comment, along the line of *It's not our funeral you're going to worry about*, but right now, she were feeling pretty up beat and rather good about herself. There were even a smile on her face, as she wandered joyfully along, outside of the building, with her coltfriend in tow.

She weren't totally spaced out though. before they had left, she would have swung by her room, and taken some knives with her, since it were a shame to let some perfectly good hidden compartments in this skin dress go to waste. But the endorphins from her kiss with Arcade still hadn't fluttered out of her system yet. The embarrassment had more or less settled down, and the majority of the blush with it. yet she'd still have some time before the paranoia and overarching stony expression would go over her again. Why, she didn't even think to look around at minute things as they went outside, and worry all the time. Not that there'd be much to focus on either. Just a small changeling, being talked to by Bling. She seemed to be out on a dinner run, and had a dozen or so bags of emotion jelly slung over her bag, with one offered to the smaller changeling. Standard stuff in this area, and really, it wasn't the first time they had seen this.

As they went to the party building, and got back in line, Null's mood would start to return to her more regular self, and she started to wonder about how to tackle this. Were they going up to examine first, and see what they could find out? Right for the dust bin? Maybe split up, and see what they could find?

Not the third one. Definitely not. She weren't leaving Arcade out of her sight up here, or he'd be fed to a bear likely. Besides, she needed him to hold her back from knocking out the host's teeth if she saw the reckless lunatic again.

On 2021-05-12 at 4:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Just like the last time, there was a big crowd out front, the lights above indicated that the party was already in progress. They'd show the chip and the guard would let them in, the elevator would take them up to the top floor to reveal the mass of partygoers dancing and socializing. Arcade would turn to Null, "So, do we split up and look around? Stick together? Your call."

"We'll stick together, and try to look around. See if we can find out something important, before we move along. If there's more higher ups here to meet and make contact with, Dove is gonna want that."

Though the dust for Pen would have to wait a bit, until they were done making a round. After that, she could take her to the dusty area, and she could feast on that. Long as she stayed on Null, she'd likely be affected enough by her aura, to not be tossed off, and sent teleporting down.

Null would give a brief look towards the once dancing, and then decide to start walking another way. She'd go with the dress, but dancing were off the table. They were busy here, and frankly, her dancing skills were best described with a big stamp saying *No*. She didn't have any rhythm, and frankly, didn't want to make an embarrassment out of herself like that. So instead, it were time to take a walk around, and kinda soak things in. Who knew? Perhaps they'd run into familiar faces, besides the host. Or Ninja. He could bugger off as well, though she were sure he were here somewhere. The dragons might be too though. Might mean they could set up a proper meeting. Just had to look for a large gathering of fawning fans. Unless they still kept hold of the feathers they got from her... Eh, they'd see.

(Troy)

On 2021-05-12 at 4:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Vale however seemed to remember something, "I don't know if it's the same one, but I heard about something like that once, it was this big clockwork machine that would improve whatever you put inside it, make it into a better version, though sometimes 'better' was subjective."

"I don't think I'd trust a machine that claimed to do that, since what's *better* depends on who's judging it. Interesting idea though."

She hadn't heard of this one, but Void wouldn't get anywhere near that, because there were a few things she were sure about with that machine. The first being that it were likely run by some sort of magic, and she'd break it. And the second that as it were taken in by those self proclaimed *scientists* they had thrown living creatures into it. And whatever had come out of there, she neither could, nor would, try to imagine the results. It could not help but be monstrous, or some kind of machine as well. Or something else, which she couldn't even fathom, but were likely both painful to have become, as well as terrifying.

 Whatever monster you had to be to subject a live creature to that, she wanted nothing to do with them, beyond given a chance to cave in their skulls, if they had been part of what had happened to her precious foals. Though she supposed, putting in some stuff like stones or gems would be okay. It were just hard for her to put it past the *scientists* to have taken it a few steps too far in testing it.

On 2021-05-12 at 4:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

That said they all turned their attention to the pie that was being cut and plated for them. Teal especially seemed pleased with the result, "It smells so good! And looks so warm! It's been so long since we've had food that was hot. Back with Mistress I think."

This were something she'd much rather focus on. A throve of hungry foals, smelling the pie being cut up and plated for them, and being amazed by the steaming, delicious smell wafting off from them. A far more pleasant thing to keep her mind on, and soon after Teal had spoken, she'd put the last plate on the table, and pat the table, while looking down on them all.

"I'll make sure you get lots of good, warm meals. Now come on everyone. To the table, and try it out. There's a slice for everyone. Including you Vale, if you'd like."

She honestly wasn't sure if Vale even did eat, but that didn't mean that she hadn't plated something for her, just like she had everyone else. Including of course, the two foals, whom had gotten a smaller piece each, as they too were smaller. Not by much though. She just wanted to make sure they still had room for other things later. She'd also have a small piece for Lacuna, who'd come crawling up to her once he saw the food was being ready. She had to keep him placated with pets until everyone were ready to eat though, as to avoid him going to town on his, the smallest slice of all, before the rest.

Soon as they all were, she'd nod with a smile on her face, lower her hoof to the table, next to her plate.

"Everyone ready? Then let's eat."

She'd observe them as they were eating, along with trying her own slice out, and feeling rather good about it, as it were delightful and delicious. Nothing fancy. Just a classic apple pie, which were about as baseline of a pie as anything could be, in her mind. Hopefully they'd all like it, and look forward to them getting their own pies baked afterwards.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"We'll stick together, and try to look around. See if we can find out something important, before we move along. If there's more higher ups here to meet and make contact with, Dove is gonna want that."

Arcade nodded, "Sounds good. The dragons seem to be a good place to start, being anomalous themselves they'd have the least motivation to have their own. They might be the easiest to get to tell us about what the other might have. Especially since you have a resource they have a high demand for. On the other hoof, it might be a good time to investigate the pandas or the main dance floor before those events start. We might be able to see what sort of preparations go on and determine if an anomaly is being used."

Looking around they wouldn't see a trace of the Host just yet, but Ninja already had his eye on them from a corner in the shadow. There wasn't quite as much anger in his eyes this time, in fact there seemed to be a small amount of curiosity towards Null.

They'd be able to find the dragons, the dance floor, or the pandagon without issue if they went looking.

 

(Troy)

They would all dig in with enjoyment, including Vale who would eat a somewhat smaller portion than the young ponies, which made sense considering her smaller frame. Were it not for all the mechanical parts she likely would weigh less than some of them.

After they had all enjoyed their portions, and had thanked Void for teaching them, their attention eventually wandered to wondering what was next on the list of things for them to do. Ardee commented after a bit of thought, "Back in the facility we were always doing something, there was always something next to do until they told us to go to bed. Even after we left it was a constant cycle to keep busy. But... you two don't often seem sure what to tell us when we ask. Do... do normal ponies not always have something to do? What are you supposed to do if you don't have a task to fulfill?"

  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

"I suppose we should go explore the dance floor then, before it gets filled out. Might be something worth learning there, and the dragons are likely not gonna leave already, if they're here. Are you sure you're keen about the *pandas* though? We can go there after, but I know you're not thinking well about them."

An understatement, but she couldn't just say *So, these bears that are definitely not real pandas, that murdered you over and over again in that research lab: Fancy going over and poking them, or do you fear another mauling?*. Had to chose her words more wisely. Especially since there were a certain someone luring in the shadows, stalking them once more. It wasn't as if he made an effort to stay hidden, so it wasn't hard to spot Ninja, though she would give him but one, narrowed glare, before averting her eyes again. She didn't want to waste more time on him, lest he got up close and tried to do something.

There had been something off about the way he looked at them, but... No, she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he had gotten under her skin.

A brief thought would come into mind, where she'd just flat out wander right up to him, and ask him what his problem was, but Nine wouldn't need to bugger in to say no to that one. She rejected the weak thought herself, before it had much of a chance to breathe. It would just be stupid to do that.

Instead, she'd go with Arcade towards the dance floor, and see if there were something to learn there. Beyond its inability to affect her, more than likely, but it weren't as if she planned to actually step on it. As she had mentioned, this type of magic seemed horribly unstable and dangerous, and her messing it up via physical contact, would likely cause some sort of chain effect, that'd cause something rather bad to happen. What exactly, she didn't know, but why risk it?

If there were nothing there, they could move on to the bears. If Arcade were up for that, of course. She wouldn't pressure him towards bad memories like that.

(Troy)

On 2021-05-14 at 5:12 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Back in the facility we were always doing something, there was always something next to do until they told us to go to bed. Even after we left it was a constant cycle to keep busy. But... you two don't often seem sure what to tell us when we ask. Do... do normal ponies not always have something to do? What are you supposed to do if you don't have a task to fulfill?"

"Whatever you want, of course. Long as it doesn't hurt others, or is illegal, but that's not something most would do anyway.

You could have a nap, sit around and think, read, play games, crochet- Anything, really. There isn't always something that you have to do, and it's good to just relax and do what you want yourself, when that happens.

Most of the tasks we have planned for you, is just schooling, and making sure you're fed, and hopefully teach you something when doing both. We'll have more things eventually, when we can make field trips and such, but this is the important parts for us currently. Though I do plan to have a dentist come by sometime, just to make sure your teeth is okay. It's okay though, it's not like with my mom. You only have to open your muzzle, and any questions will just be about what you eat. It's kind of like a doctor, that's only focused on keeping your teeth healthy.

Anyway, what would you like to do, Ardee? I can handle putting your pies into the oven, and clean up after the apple pie, but if you could decide, what would you like to do right now?"

Void would have other things to ask Ardee to do eventually, but she'd try and wait until the right time. Maybe at some point, when the others were in class? She weren't sure, but she'd see how things would go, and then act accordingly.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Are you sure you're keen about the *pandas* though? We can go there after, but I know you're not thinking well about them.

Arcade sighed, "Sure, I have some bad experiences with them, but when I saw them while standing next to you I Realized what was wrong. They aren't actually pandas, they're giant bears. I know you didn't see it, but to everyone else they look like regular docile pandas, it doesn't let you defend yourself when they attack. The best you can do is run away. They'd probably be fine if they were left alone, but with the Host antagonizing them all the time..."

He sighed, "I don't know what we can do about them to be honest. Maybe we should leave them alone until we can take care of the Host, then we can get them removed somewhere else, where they won't hurt anyone."

11 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

she'd go with Arcade towards the dance floor, and see if there were something to learn there.

There were a few workers setting up the lighting and sound equipment for the dance, by the level of preparation there'd still be an hour until the dance. The workers were all dressed the same as the ones outside distributing Champaign. In fact, without all the other partygoers in the way, it was easier to tell that all the workers looked the same. If any of them had talked they'd no doubt sound the same.

One of the workers went through a disguised door through which there were stairs leading down, maybe going under the dancefloor? If it were rune based, down there is where it would be.

 

(Troy)

The young ponies shared a look, then looked around the room before Ardee looked back at Void, "What... well, what do ponies our age normally do? Elef was telling us about some of the things he did with the other thestrals at the celebration, do all ponies do things like that?"

(They'll need a push in the right direction before they start to take initiative.)  

  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Illiad Easle

(New Las Pegasus)

On 2021-05-16 at 1:11 AM, Illiad Easle said:

He sighed, "I don't know what we can do about them to be honest. Maybe we should leave them alone until we can take care of the Host, then we can get them removed somewhere else, where they won't hurt anyone."

"They're covered in illusions? Guess that explains why anyone bought what they were told, because they couldn't pass off as pandas for a second from my point of view."

Usually she couldn't see through illusions before she were close to whatever one it were, but if it were a sort of projected spell, or mind perception thing, rather than cloaking... Yeah, she could see that perhaps explaining why she wasn't affected by them. She were sure there were some sorta real term for that, but damned if she knew what it was.

"Let's keep our distance from those things then. Far off too. Not interested in getting in the path of them, and end up getting killed."

So with that sorted, they'd be going towards the dance floor soon after. Ninja would likely be following them in some fashion, at least every now and again, as them deviating from the current group of beings, would likely mark them as some who had to be kept an eye on more than most. But they'd see, they'd see. It could go several ways. Especially if some other creature started to make a ruckus, for whatever reason. Inebriation, probably. She doubted a lot got out of this place sober.

On 2021-05-16 at 1:11 AM, Illiad Easle said:

One of the workers went through a disguised door through which there were stairs leading down, maybe going under the dancefloor? If it were rune based, down there is where it would be.

"Am I getting paranoid, or are they all the exact same? Guessing they're meddling more and more with time magic..."

Normally she'd guess clones of some sort, but considering what were happening yesterday, she got the feeling that the owner here had cheapened out on helpers, and had just one split up into several versions of himself, dealing with everything. Time magic could maybe do that? She very rarely dealt with that, but she had heard crazier. And it would fit the rest of this theme that seemed to be going on. Way more plausible than just one mother having octuplets or more.

"Think we should have a look and see how it functions?"

She'd whisper this to Arcade, as she didn't want to risk others hearing it. Rather softly even into his right ear, before looking around. Just to see if Ninja, or someone else, seemed inclined to be watching over them. If they were being watched, it'd likely be a bad idea to go in and check. It'd likely be rightly seen as them snooping around, and she doubted that Ninja at least, cared much for that. What the host thought were anyone's guess. He might be too blasted on something to even know what were going on, but he wasn't the one to be weary off as it were of the two of them. Wasn't him that she had been warned about after all.

(Troy)

On 2021-05-16 at 1:11 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The young ponies shared a look, then looked around the room before Ardee looked back at Void, "What... well, what do ponies our age normally do? Elef was telling us about some of the things he did with the other thestrals at the celebration, do all ponies do things like that?"

"Not everyone, no. Some of that is very thestral specific, but varied kinds of ponies have different traditions. Normal foal stuff though, is mostly just trying to get school work done, mingle with friends, play, explore, and try different things to attempt getting their cutie marks. As far as I know anyway. I didn't really have a normal foalhood, and I'd very much prefer that none of you goes through the passage I did.

But we can try and start with something simple, and then we'll take it one step at a time, okay? So... Hmmm...."

She'd think for a moment, as she placed the last small pie into the oven, and set the timer. What should she try and bring up that'd be good here... It were rather limiting, since they were stuck in here for a while, so she couldn't even bring them to see her forge, and maybe give them a demonstration of that.

"Well, I think class should wait until the pies are done at least, so we can try something recreational. How many of you can read? I made sure to get some books in here, so and some do like to sit and read for fun. Others like things such as card games. I know a few of those two, along with dice. I think we scrounged a few of those up in a drawer somewhere... I have to look at that if it is, but that sort should be possible too.

There's also drawing, if any of you want to try and be artistic? Only paper and pens right now, but I could perhaps find some paint and canvas to paint on some other day."

She could make suggestions, but Void weren't good at trying to say what normal foals should do. She hadn't had that. Her life had been mostly scarce education, and survival. That wasn't something she wished for these foals at all, and sadly, she had to work with some limitations right now. Hopefully Vale could come in with some suggestions too.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blitz Boom

(NP)

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Let's keep our distance from those things then. Far off too. Not interested in getting in the path of them, and end up getting killed."

Arcade nodded, "Sounds good, not much to be gained from interacting with them anyway."

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Am I getting paranoid, or are they all the exact same? Guessing they're meddling more and more with time magic..."

Arcade looked closer at the workers, "I don't think it's time magic, they'd all be different ages if that were the case. These are all the same age, or nearly enough so, which reminds me more of another artifact, this stone sarcophagus, whoever was closed in it, a physical copy of them would appear somewhere nearby without any of the memories of the one inside it. It didn't duplicate any anomalous characteristics, so my duplicates were wholly mortal and all, maybe the host has access to it? Made a fleet of easily trained workers from one especially loyal one?"

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Think we should have a look and see how it functions?"

Arcade nodded, but remained silent, leading the way to hold the door open for Null.

Under the dance floor there didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, there were several mechanisms that indicated that certain sections of the dance floor could be raised or lowered, but there wasn't anything that could be said to be anomalous other than the workers themselves.

One of them saw the pair and came over, "Hey, um, you're not supposed to be down here, you could get crushed by the dance floor if you're not careful. Here, let me lead you out." He sounded just like the host, but not nearly as pompous or self confident.

 

(Troy)

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

But we can try and start with something simple, and then we'll take it one step at a time, okay? So... Hmmm...."

They nodded, seemingly content with that explanation.

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

How many of you can read?

They shared a look, before Teal raised a hoof, "Well, we can all read, but they used a different written language than are in the books here. I've picked up the differences myself, so I don't think it would be too difficult for the others to pick it up if you were to teach us. I don't know if I quite got it right yet either."

5 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

There's also drawing, if any of you want to try and be artistic?

They all seemed intrigued by that, Toupé seemingly the most interested, "What does it mean to be artistic? Mistress said I was supposed to be artistic, but they never got to that in the facility."

Vale took the opportunity to explain, "Art is another way to express yourself, an alternative to words, as words cannot express everything, using shapes and colors to convey ideas and emotion. Art is something that you can never do wrong so long as it comes from the heart, because everyone's art is different."

They nodded, "Let's try art then, how do we get started?" 

  • Smile 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...