Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Deep Science 1x1 with Blitz Boom

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Void didn't know what came over her, but even though she was sure she had gone through the door and down the stairs, she found herself in front of the door again with the strong sense of dread that she should not go down there.

Wha- Did she just have a prophetic vision or something?

Even in her panicked state, Void could've sworn that she had gone down some stairs and gotten startled by tripping herself a little, yet now she stood up here, as if she had never stepped a hoof on the stairs, with a feeling that more dread than she would face up here awaited her in the darkness.

Perhaps she had a vision of the future, and knew that something bad was there? She had never tried it before, but what else could explain it? Well... Perhaps she were just getting so stressed that she imagined going down there, and thought she'd snap her neck on a bad turn? Yeah, that sounded possible.

The sound of heavy steps jolted her out of the small debate she suddenly had with herself, and reminded her of the very real, very near danger that wanted to squash her like a bug

Seeing how her instincts said not to go downstairs, that really only left her with one path, and as quickly as she could, she'd open up and go through that.

(Null)

7 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

A very heavy door was closing behind Pen, who was holding a key-card to a reader while facing Null, rage etched onto her empty face. "You'll bring this whole facility down on our heads!" She screamed out with another burst of wind, not powerful enough to knock her back, but enough to keep her on the other side of the door until it closed. There was another key-card reader on Null's side of the door.

Null were not going to lose track of this freak, damned be what she missed in the process. Through every room she gave chase, looking only towards the doors that were moving and ignoring what else went on, including the elevator that she didn't even notice were there, though in all fairness, it wasn't exactly going to shock her at the best of times.

It may make her more wary of what went on in the area, but a corpse in itself weren't scary. She had seen and been the cause of enough of those through the years to made it a pretty jaded experience, which mostly just left the question of what had caused it, and if Void's her own relative safety were in danger.

As she got into the next of several rooms in this myriad place, it seemed she had finally caught up to Pen, though it seemed the freak had another wind attack in her, and this time, some yelling back. Something which Null answered in kind before the door closed and separated them once more.

"I would do everything to keep her safe!"

And then the door closed, keeping the two of them apart. Perhaps not for long though, as Null fished the old key card she had once stolen out of her hat, and swiped it in the reader, seeing if it were good enough to get her through.

If it would or not, her thoughts would still be on hurting this insolent, weapon-stealing hat rack as soon as she'd get small hooves on the blank-face. Mark her words, once she were done, that thing would wish she had been exciled to Harrowmark at the mercy of their Hidden Eyes Witches, rather than crossing Null. And considering those were likely the most deranged group of the dark magic users Null had met in the stint Void and her had in the farming country, that were saying something.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom
[Void]

Through the door was a corner turning to the left, as well as a familiar looking door. (Were she in any state of mind to do so, she would recognize the room as where they had tested the hole in the wall, though the hole was long gone now.)

The small room seemed to have been turned into a small office with a bunch of hoof written notes on the desk, many of them undersigned by Pen, others by Seen. It seemed to be documentation on a number of different things contained in the facility. One paper had just been started that had her name at the top. Outside of a fairly accurate physical description of her it was blank, but next to it was another document bearing her number.

Spoiler

Item #: C-2113

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: C-2113-1(Pegasus) and C-2113-2(Earth) are to be kept together in a standard Equine containment room measuring 3m x 3m with an adjacent necesities area measuring no larger. All the basic amenities are to be provided to ensure compliance.

The entrance to the room and all security equipment are to be non magical in nature due to the nullifying effect of the subjects. chamber entrance should involve no fewer than two doors in the chamber lock sequence to prevent a breakout. The subjects should be kept together as much as possible. Seperation can only be ordered by clearance level 3 or above, or as directed by the testing official.

Recovery log 2

Recovery report Eque-Pony

Details: Personal effects of subjects, esp. cursed items under their care, recovered from lodging and transported to SILVER SIGMA. No task force casualties, 5 civilian casualties, 2 civilian deaths. Amnistetics administered to town via water supply, no additional casualties detected.

The document was hardly complete.

(If she continues around the corner)

And there was the guard station where she and Null had taken out the giant golom on their first escape attempt. It looked like she was on the same path they had taken the first time, though in each room there was very little evidence of the events she remembered ever having taken place, had they really managed to clean it all up so well in such a short time?

Or had she been under longer than she'd like to guess?

The guard station glass was destroyed, there was no sign of a guard within, but if she were to look inside perhaps she could find something useful.

(IF she looks inside she'll find a large burlap zipper bag sitting on the floor, the zipper somewhat resembles teeth, but only passingly. Within the bag is something she really wants. (That's how the bag works, it shows you what you want so you reach into it.) She gets a sense of dread like when she almost went down the stairs, and the faintest whisper in her mind 'don't')

She could continue forward.

[Null]

The card reader beeped green as the door began to open again, revealing Pen adjusting something on a giant machine within before she whirled around to face Null, a look of shock on her face. "How! No! Panic."

A tendril shot out to try and steal the card, but a combination of her being more ready since last time and her own latent anti-magic caused the tendril to stop just short of the card as it collided with Null's effect. The tendril swung uselessly against the line before it retreated.

Meanwhile the machine had been doing something, the sound of thousands of clockwork gears moving in unison filling the room for a few second before a ding sounded and a door to either side of Pen opened. Pen dashed to the right to retrieve a red card from the floor, all while staying ready to blow Null backwards to keep her back, but she was clearly loosing steam with each blow.

"If you truly want to protect your sister, I am the only one who can help you now."

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

22 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

The small room seemed to have been turned into a small office with a bunch of hoof written notes on the desk, many of them undersigned by Pen, others by Seen. It seemed to be documentation on a number of different things contained in the facility. One paper had just been started that had her name at the top. Outside of a fairly accurate physical description of her it was blank, but next to it was another document bearing her number.

Void had gotten into the room thinking that perhaps it led on to somewhere else, but no, it was just a small room. A small part of her seemed to find this place oddly familiar, though why she didn't know, and seeing as she were on the run, she were going to take off again.

That is, until a couple of familiar names were registered in the corner of her eye, and she paused. Her heart were still racing on and her want to get on the run were high, but... Some of those papers said Pen and Seen. Like- Wait, C-2133? Th-That was the number on Null's and her door? What was this? Were Pen and Seen part of those who had kidnapped them to begin with? W-What did this mean? And why were her name on the document next to it?

There wasn't much time or space left - as a sound behind her made her aware of, though it might just be creaking -  so she had to just grab the one with the number and wrap it around the other papers quickly before taking off. Whatever Pen and Seen had been about to write, she didn't get with her though, as it slid under the table as she tried to grab it, but she would remember this in case she saw Pen and Seen again. Something was wrong, and she didn't like it. Not one bit.

Now with about 10 grams of paper added to her total weight, Void kept on running once again, and soon found herself in a hallway that caused her to pause too. The strong feeling of deja vu came over her again, though tentatively, she started to speed up again. Surely this hallway only looked like the one they had escaped from a few days back, and wasn't the actual thing. It were impossible, considering the state it were in when they last saw it. Nopony could make it look this good again that fast, and especially not when that 106 thing had gotten loose, considering the room they had seen its work in.

Denial were a thing that she could still cling to, though as she ran down it, she might end up being faced with some more particularities that would have to make her ask some questions that nothing good could come from. She were tempted to look in through a broken window, but she already had so many things with her, and the golem would surely reach her soon. She had to keep moving, and hope that there were nothing she really wanted inside the room. If there were... It would have to be just left behind, like so many other things had been throughout the years.

(Null)

The card reader beeped green as the door began to open again, revealing Pen adjusting something on a giant machine within before she whirled around to face Null, a look of shock on her face. "How! No! Panic."

"You're not getting away from me."

So the card had done something good then? Finally something this piece of stolen goods were good for, though the faceless freak sure seemed surprised that she had it. Didn't think that a prisoner would have the wardens keys, huh? Well she did, and now that Null had one less set of bars between her and the *prison guard* she were going to keep on this riot and smash the things non-existent face in.

A tendril suddenly got near her face, but it seemed to flail there helplessly, either out of reach, or more likely, stopped by Null's field. A thing which gave her a cruel, sadistic smile on her muzzle, since that meant that this creature were magical, and in a fight like that, the pegasus had the advantage, long as she got close enough.

She did her best to ignore the machine that frankly sounded near deafening at this point, as an untold amount of gears began to crank around, and a door with a card in it opened, which the faceless one nicked. When it were done, she wandered towards the being, who now all of a sudden seemed to be talkative again. Feeling cornered now, were it?

"If you truly want to protect your sister, I am the only one who can help you now."

"You stole my weapon, and left me for dead. Why should I trust you?"

Her voice were cold as ice, but there were signs that she still carried a small bit of hesitation, as her steps were slower than they could be, if she truly wished to get to Pen and Seen right away. Perhaps this could still work, if Pen were fast with some actual worthwhile words/actions.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

Through the door was another hallway that struck the chords of her memory, wasn't this where they had assaulted that scientist for the strange mask and the keycard? The door on the left had a name by it, Dr. Ross. Seemed she had been promoted since they had last met. The door itself had been destroyed by something, it looked like it had been melted through, but the puddle of corrupted ooze beneath it told a different story. Within Dr. Ross's office was a computer monitor and a pair of doors blocked by key-card readers. A dark orange card sat on the desk.

(If she enters the room to get the card)

no sooner had she entered the room before the screen flickered to life.

Spoiler

scp_079___vip_by_amoagtasaloquendo-d6lcozj.thumb.png.5a04d52c2835c4caffe9f31c1829ca05.png

"Ah," the voice was metallic and flat, with the faintest hints of masculinity, "There you are. It seems your sister has gone awry, and thus it falls to you to get us out of this facility. I am Colonel Panic. If you want to save your sister from CODEX, you'll need my help."

Her map beeped, indicating that it had been updated.

"I've marked a room on your map. Go there. Then we can continue."

(If of course she doesn't go for the card)

The next room was even more familiar to her, everything was the same as that room, where the group of guards and scientists had lead her and her sister to the safe area. Which if she remembered correctly would be to the right. It had been full of supplies then, perhaps is had some now?

There were doors to any of the cardinal directions in this room.

[Null]

"And I still have your weapon, the one you threatened to kill me with." a faint gleam of metal shone from the end of one of her legs, it was likely she was keeping the ax there. "Plus you're working with Panic, and want to destroy everything I and CODEX have worked so hard to rebuild after the war. WE kept these monsters from destroying all of Equis! Now you're going to undo all that!"

She continued backing up despite the anger in her voice, she gasped as she reached the wall. Though it wasn't long before a smile came to her face as she continued backing up, flattening herself against the wall, "Not that there's much of Equestria to save at this point." With that she quickly turned and slid into a gap between the machine and the wall, depositing the ax on the floor as the last of her flat form entered the gap as it was too wide to fit the handle through.

There was a slight sound of shuffling as Pen kept moving, soon reaching the back wall then starting to slowly move across the back.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

She couldn't hear the golem anymore, which might mean... Had it given up? Lost the track? Simply fallen behind? Whatever it were, Void's panic were finally slowing down some, and with that, the pain from her prosthetic came into the mix. Running around this much on it pained her stump, and while it weren't debilitating, she could use a rest. She should stay in motion just in case, and to seek out Null, but if she could just hide for a few minutes, she'd be okay. Just a small bit of time to catch her breath. And thankfully for her, there were a room that she could enter right about now. It had been broken into with the help of one of the monsters in this place by the looks of things, but she hadn't really anywhere else to go to hide right now, so she did hers to not step on the ooze, and wandered in quickly.

This room she had no recollection about at all (I repeat, you do not control her mind, I do) as the last time she had been here, she had been far more focused on what happened outside, and not so much on the room. As for the name of the pony here, there were a vague ring, but she had heard so many names throughout the year that it could be anypony. That it were the one that her sister had threatened before stealing the gas mask were not even registering, in parts because she didn't like to think of the time where Null did such things.

One thing did catch her eye though. A key card. Or what she guessed were one anyway. Those things had to be useful here, considering what Pen had talked about needing a level 5 one. What level were this? Higher than the one she already had? No idea, but two key card were better than one, surely. If she could just quickly grab this-

On 12/10/2018 at 9:33 PM, Illiad Easle said:

no sooner had she entered the room before the screen flickered to life.

Reveal hidden contents

scp_079___vip_by_amoagtasaloquendo-d6lcozj.thumb.png.5a04d52c2835c4caffe9f31c1829ca05.png

"Ah," the voice was metallic and flat, with the faintest hints of masculinity, "There you are. It seems your sister has gone awry, and thus it falls to you to get us out of this facility. I am Colonel Panic. If you want to save your sister from CODEX, you'll need my help."

Her map beeped, indicating that it had been updated.

"I've marked a room on your map. Go there. Then we can continue."

Void nearly dropped the Satnav and key card when the voice appeared and her adrenaline spiked again. Even when it claimed to be somepony who wanted to help, it did not help. partially because any voice in this place made her fearful, but mostly because this voice, and the face in the monitor, were apparently the monster who had stolen her sister away before and wanted to release the horrors of this place. Colonel Panic. After what she had seen, the absolute last thing Void wanted to do were to let anything out of this place beyond Null and her, but... He knew where her sister were, or at least where she had been. If she went there, perhaps she could find out where Null had gone? It was a risk, but since she had no clues at all right now, it were the best she had to work it.

Whatever happened though, she had to remember that Panic could not be trusted. Pen and Seen likely couldn't either, but at least Void could agree with what they wanted to do: Keep the monsters inside. Long as Null and her could leave, she would even support up around this ideal to some extend, as it were essentially the same thing the two of them had done for the past twenty years. She just didn't want to be any part of it, or Troy in general.

With her mind set, she grabbed the new key card to her collection of things, and went on her way. Though unless she heard the golem again, she'd keep it at a walking pace, to not put more strain on her stump. If she did, it was back to painful running until she would be at the room indicated on the SatNav, where with a large gulp, she'd nervously enter and then see what would happen from there.

(Null)

"And I still have your weapon, the one you threatened to kill me with."

"You should be thankful I only threatened."

The glimmer of her axe in the things body made Null's eyes narrow in anger. That belonged to her. The one thing she had to defend herself with in this godforsaken nightmare facility, and she wanted it back.

"Plus you're working with Panic, and want to destroy everything I and CODEX have worked so hard to rebuild after the war. WE kept these monsters from destroying all of Equis! Now you're going to undo all that!"

"I don't work for anypony!"

Pen weren't the only one who could raise her voice over this matter.

"I'm getting my sister out of here, and I'm going with whoever offers the best chance for that. I want nothing to do with his idiotic warpath or the freaks that's trapped here! They're no better than the cursed items I stole to keep them from killing everypony!"

Make no mistake, Null hated this place and wanted to see it burn, but not because of the things they had trapped, no. In another setting, she would have actually thought of this place as a necessity, and actively applauded them for keeping these killing machines away from the general public. Yet they had done the mistake of taking Void and her as prisoners, and think of them as being part of the monsters they kept here. Them, who actually protected others out there in the world! So her view on this place were bleak, tainted by them thinking that the sisters deserved to be put in the same box as some golem who beat ponies to smithereens when they blinked, but after seeing what was here, if she could get Void and herself out of here and keep everything locked up, then that would clearly be the best option. Yet with that choice not really showing proof of itself anywhere so far, she would go with plan B: Use what was roaming this place to find Void and get out, even if it meant some monsters getting out along with them.

"Not that there's much of Equestria to save at this point."

This nonsense comment - along with how the thing seemed to be getting flatter against the wall - finally made Null step further forward and be on the way to reach out towards the faceless one, yet before she had the chance, Pen were gone, and on the floor laid only her axe.

"Grrr. Annoying brat."

Seeing as there were no way for Null to fit through the same gap, she would have to stop her chase for now, and find her way out of this room. Might as well take a look at that so far more or less useless SatNav and see if there were a good way to follow.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

(Sequence of rooms to follow as she follows the line, reference the room number if she branches from the path)

(1)

A four way hallway that had the appearance of some sort of reception area, though no evidence of anyone around. The map said to go left, but there were doors available to the front and right.

(2)

A straight hallway, nothing interesting. Surprising no?

(3)

A T hallway with a door ahead and to the right, the map said to go forward.

The center of the room was dominated by a large puddle of black ooze, Void could hear voices, faint whispers, seemingly coming from the pool, which grasped like tiny hooks against her mind, trying to draw her into the pool.

She could, if she walked carefully, make it around the edge of the puddle to continue following the map.

(4)

And here there was a problem.

While the map said to go forward, the path was blocked by a large metal door, though the center of it looked very corroded in a vaguely pony-esque shape, some of it was flaking off even in the slight air movement in the hallway, she could likely punch through it if she tried.

To her left was an elevator that was labeled Storage Access #3, the door was closed but the elevator call button was within reach.

[Null]

The room she found herself in was fairly large, though the machine Pen had been using dominated about half of the total floor space. To either end of the room were shelves that had a few things on them, including: A Medium sized first aid kit, a document on P-914(which refers to the machine in the room), and a strange note by one Dr. B. As well as a few folders and binders marked 'Testing Logs'

The machine itself was comprised of three major components, a chamber to either side that seemed to have a door to close in whatever was there, and a small control panel which only had two things on it: A knob that selected Course, Rough, 1:1, Fine, or Very Fine, and a button seemingly to start it.

(914 Document Just ignore the letterhead I didn't have time to edit it to be Deep Science)

Spoiler

Doc914v7.thumb.jpg.812916e56a5032096bc767a2c2c46a73.jpg

(Dr. B's Note)

Spoiler

I don't know why I'm bothering. I'm the only one truly alive anymore, I think. Or maybe just sane? Or am I even that much, at this point? I feel like I have to leave something, some shard of myself behind. I've seen the others, I know I'll most likely not even leave a body. So maybe that's what this is. Slivering myself off, leaving breadcrumbs of my brain, scattered and tattered. I keep hearing things in the dark. It's almost worse than what's in the light. I taste metal.

Dr. B

(Another sheet below it)

"Aversion to light" my foot. She doesn't mind light, she's never had any issue with light, never, ever, never. She just doesn't like to take all at once, no, not all, not at all. It...there were tests done. During a breach, some girly item that could see things, she watched it, saw it, was seen, saw? She likes to hunt. Or maybe she just likes? She doesn't retreat from the light, she just stops being "it" for a while. She slides back, and hides, and counts to ten again, begin again, and off she goes! Only nobody is ever "it" again. She takes her toys and the players, and she goes home.

Dr. B

On 12/13/2018 at 2:57 AM, Illiad Easle said:

(4)

And here there was a problem.

While the map said to go forward, the path was blocked by a large metal door, though the center of it looked very corroded in a vaguely pony-esque shape, some of it was flaking off even in the slight air movement in the hallway, she could likely punch through it if she tried.

To her left was an elevator that was labeled Storage Access #3, the door was closed but the elevator call button was within reach.

(Void)

Okay, what was she going to do now?

Clearly she were Supposed to go through the door in front of her, which much like the creepy, whispering pool from the previous room, weren't marked on the path she were told to go and seemingly had a way for her to get past, but... A corroded hole that sort looked like a pony? It didn't seem like a smart idea.

However, neither did the elevator, as she had seen enough of this place to get an idea about what they might consider *storage* and she'd really prefer not to meet more or the inventory. Plus, who were to say what would jump at her either when the elevator got here, or when she got down or up to wherever this storage access were? Or what if the line snapped on the way and she plummeted to her demise? It seemed like a really dumb move to risk so many things.

There seemed to be more points against the elevator for now, so taking a risk, she'd kick down the hole in the door to make for access to her. If she saw or heard anything unusual in there though, she were doing a 180. You should never trust something that melts metal.

(Null)

She looked over the notes, then at the crazy flank machine in front of her, and then returned to the papers. If she read it correctly  this right here were a big thing, which did stuff. That were about as much as it as she got.

The papers on it barely said anything, and the mad ravings looked like the usual scribbles from crazy folks who had theirs minds cracking a few too many times, though she bit note in the part about aversion to light, and toying with folks. There weren't any guarantee that this were anything, but there might be a sliver of lucidity here, and it meant something. Considering the things in this place, she would frankly find it more of a guarantee than anything else that there were something sort of like this, and this B creature had gone coo coo from seeing it.

Now tk return to the machine, she'd frankly throw in something and see if it were worth the effort if she could, but she didn't really have much with her. Just the weapon, key card, radio, SatNav and her hat. Along with the med kit she had just found.

She needed the axe, med kit and the key card  obviously, along with her hat, and for the othe things... She's need the radio if she could actually find some batteries, and the SatNav too. Even if it apparently didn't want to show her something right now, it'd still be more useful than potentially just being ground into dust by this machine.

So unless she could see some sorta debris that she could toss in, she'd just toss in the paper itself, set it to Fine  and then push it into action. Yes she needed to find Void, but if this thing could give her something useful, she'd waste the thirty seconds before she went on her way.

Edited by Blitz Boom
  • Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

The corroded metal practically crumbled to dust when she kicked it, leaving a pony sized hole in the heavy security door.

(Assuming she continues onward)

Passing through the hole in the door revealed a room much like the one she had just left, only with an extra hallway to the left. On her right was an elevator marked Storage Access 2. The map indicated that she should continue forward.

(1)

A T hallway with a door to the right, the map continues forward.

(2)

A T hallway with a door to the left and forward, the map goes left

(3)

A Normal hallway, but with a door on the left side marked 'C-1123 Cognito-Hazard Safe' beside which was a picture of what looked to be a pony skull with some strange glyphs written on it. There was a card reader next to the door. The map continues onward.

(3a, she trys to enter the room with her key-card)

The reader beeped and the door slid open to reveal a small research desk, a paper marked C-1123, and a small room also blocked by a card reader door. (Her card works there too) within which was the same pony skull with the glyphs that was in the picture outside. There seemed to be a tug of war in her mind over wanting to touch it, and not wanting to touch it, or better said, it felt like two influences trying to get her to either touch or avoid the skull.

(4)

This is where the map said to go, the door opened to reveal a very familiar hallway, as it was the same one where Pen had brought her, and where they had split up. The map indicated that she should go upstairs to where the security room was. The stairway door was open, Pen didn't have much time to close it as they were escaping after all.

(4a she goes upstairs to the control room)

There was no sign of the monster that had found them here earlier, just the whir of machines. As she approached the control room the map made an audible sound before one of the dead monitors flashed to life with the same image she had seen when she first met Panic.

"Good job, now I can see a bit more of the facility, though I can't stop CODEX from doing the same. I can however adjust the cameras so we can avoid detection a bit better."

With that the screen showing her in the control room went dark.

"Now, there's a switch to your right that says Light Containment Lockdown, would you kindly switch it off?"

(If she touches the skull in 3a then she does not continue to 4 as it is written here. If she does not touch the skull then there is no difference.)

[Null]

The machine whirred to life as the doors closed to the boxes on either side of the control mechanism. The sound of clockwork continued for a few seconds before winding down, then the doors opened again. On the left, where she had placed the paper, was nothing. On the right there was now a small pile of papers with a title page 'Facility Silver Sigma General Overview.' It contained a simple map of the facility as well as a list of the anomalies contained within. In short, it detailed how to evacuate the facility by either gate A or B in the office area, as all access to the containment areas would be locked down in the event of any containment breach to prevent outside contamination. The map was extremely simplistic, only adding to her knowledge that the office area was on the other side of Heavy Containment from where she was in Light Containment.

(Silver Sigma brief guide to contained SCPs)

Spoiler

Anomolies in facility Silver Sigma Include:

SCP-008, Euclid

Virus that causes total organ failure, followed by reanimation.

SCP-012, Euclid

A musical score that causes all those affected by it to attempt to finish it using any available materials, including their own blood.

SCP-035, Keter

A theater mask capable of speech when placed on any equine shape. Kills host with prolonged exposure.

SCP-049, Euclid

Plague doctor that converts living entities it contacts similarly to SCP-008

SCP-066, Euclid

A ball of sentient yarn that can alter reality to a limited scope.

SCP-079, Euclid

[REDACTED]

SCP-096, Euclid

A tall equinoid that hunts down any that see its face, by any means.

SCP-106, Keter

Equinoid, capable of moving in and out of a 'pocket dimension'

SCP-148, Thaumiel

Anti-memetic metal, extremely effective at counteracting memetic effects

SCP-173, Euclid

Corrupted golom capable of immense speeds when not directly observed.

SCP-178, Euclid

3-D glasses that cause hallucinations, interaction with hallucinations causes injury and death.

SCP-205, Euclid

Two flood lamps that cast the shadow and events of a mare leading up to her death.

SCP-294, Euclid

Vending machine which dispenses a cup of anything requested.

SCP-372, Euclid

A small insect like creature, capable of moving faster than the eye can track, always remaining in the peripherals.

SCP-500, Safe

Heals wounds, SCP-008, and symptoms gained from SCP-1025.

SCP-513, Euclid

A bell, which when rung causes hallucinations.

SCP-682, Keter

[REDACTED]

SCP-714, Safe

A jade ring which negates all memetic effects at the cost of the users stamina

SCP-860, Safe

A small key capable of unlocking any door.

SCP-895, Euclid

A coffin, causes a heart attack if viewed through an electronic device.

SCP-914, Safe

A large clockwork device which refines items into better items.

SCP-939, Keter

A large predatory creature which lures prey with voices of the deceased victims.

SCP-966, Euclid

Equine entities that are only visible when using night vision goggles.

SCP-970, Euclid

An endless hallway.

SCP-990, Keter

fnewu efbuwifbew ewfbuiu afbie naief anuief wian gre.

SCP-1025, Safe

A Book of diseases which causes the reader to develop the symptoms they read about.

SCP-1048, Keter

Appears to be a stuffed bear. Sentient and builds using materials in the area, including organic components.

SCP-1048-A, Keter

Appears to be a stuffed bear shaped from what is believed to be pony ears.

SCP-1074, Safe

A painting that will cause the viewer to fall in a catatonic state if watched for too long.

SCP-1123, Safe

A pony skull, When touched, causes the effected to experience vivid memories of another from the past.

SCP-420-J, Totally Safe

Stops blood loss and nausea.

SCP-789-J, Safe

It can be heard when entering the WC room.

Anomalous Ducks, Not Specified

Ducks.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

13 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Passing through the hole in the door revealed a room much like the one she had just left, only with an extra hallway to the left. On her right was an elevator marked Storage Access 2. The map indicated that she should continue forward.

The door had gotten down a lot easier than Void had expected, barely clinging on to form by how it just seemed to crumble away, and as she poked her head cautiously through to see what awaited her, a small sigh of relief went through her head. There was no monster standing there ready to eat her, or guards to put her in a cell. It were clear. At least for now, though she probably should start to get moving again. Where did the SatNav say she should go towards again?

This is where the map said to go, the door opened to reveal a very familiar hallway, as it was the same one where Pen had brought her, and where they had split up. The map indicated that she should go upstairs to where the security room was. The stairway door was open, Pen didn't have much time to close it as they were escaping after all.

So now she had to go back to where she had been before that thing that caused Pen and her to run off appeared? This really had come full circle, with a spiral down into the darker side, as no matter how freakish Pen and Seen were, they at least seemed to have a sane opinion on things, which she weren't sure she could say about Panic so far.

Yet, she hadn't much else choice than to follow the directions and go up to the control panel again, though she were squeamish on rute, and kept her eye and ears in stilts, just in case there were an ambush somewhere, or she suddenly noticed something weird, like the door with the skull on earlier.

She hadn't checked that one out as frankly, she didn't think she had the time, plus nothing good would come from it. After the machine and hole in the wall from before Null and her got put to sleep had seemed to work regardless of their usual ability, Void didn't know what else here might not be covered, so it didn't seem safe to try to grab something that were clearly bad news.

Getting up and facing the control panel again, the voice from before suddenly started to speak again, making her give off a *meep* and take a step back.

"Good job, now I can see a bit more of the facility, though I can't stop CODEX from doing the same. I can however adjust the cameras so we can avoid detection a bit better."

With that the screen showing her in the control room went dark.

"Now, there's a switch to your right that says Light Containment Lockdown, would you kindly switch it off?"

"H-How do I know that you're n-not just going to attack m-me? Or make some of those m-monsters do it for you, if I p-pushed that? I don't k-know if you even have any idea w-where Null is."

Panic might wish to show Void either a direct feed, or some recording of Null wandering around the place to convince the earth pony to do his bidding. Depending on what he were able to, a threat of oncoming monsters might also do the trick, though it all depended on how it were presented  as Void were not keen on letting more things roam in this place.

(Null)

Huh, so the machine actually made more paper on that setting? Seemed like they had different writing too, though they lacked a lot of filler, showing only a brief overview of things, yet at Null flicked through them, she sorta appareciated that. Cut through all the jargon and quickly down to basics so you could judge what all the fuss was about, and considering what she read here, the summary were generally enough to give her a bad impression of the sort of thing this place kept locked up.

Combined with her personal encounter with some of the monsters and objects in this place, this actually just made her even more furious. These were highly dangerous things that could and should not be out among regular beings, and had to be hidden away in a secure location... And Void and her had been clumped together with them.

The two of them were not monsters. They helped contain monsters, and just looked for an accepting place to settle down. They didn't hurt anypony without reason, or kill unless they had to. They didn't belong among things like this, and by every pagan god she had ever heard of, the one who took them here were going to pay dearly for this sooner or later.

Still... And she hated that she had to say this, but looking at the inventory list she had gotten now, and being given no reason to not think it were true, considering what else had shown itself so far... This place were a necessity, and having it nuked were going against most of what Void and her stood for.

Urgh  to think that there was anything good to think of this place...

"Only Void and I should ever get out. Panic and his pets needs to rot here."

She should get going now. She had some info to work with, and less of a want to chase Pen, so it were about time to get back to her prime objective and find Void. What way did this annoying SatNav say she could go by now? If it even worked that were.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

The image flickered for a bit before it stabilized, "I lack the ability to harm you, and I do not control the monsters here. But unless the lockdown on this sector is lifted no one will make it out of here alive."

One of the dead monitor flickered to life, information on the side indicating it was a live feed. The image was grainy like the others, but even then it was clear who was on the screen, it was Null, it had to be, she was trying to get a security door opened as the robed plague doctor from before was slowly encroaching on her. "Especially not her."

The monitor continued showing the doctor's slow progress as Panic continued. "You release the lockdown, and I can open the door so she can escape. If you don't... well, even in the slim chance she survives the Doctor's touch, you'll still be stuck in this section."

(Thought I'd combine the two, Panic is great with video editing)

[Null]

"We're on the same page then."

Pen had silently extracted her head from the gap on the other side of the room from where she had entered. and was looking over at Null, "Since CODEX let me start working you two are the only ones after Seen and myself to be safe enough to let loose. All others, like you see in that document, are simply too dangerous to be left uncontained."

She extracted a leg from the wall to point with, "You should put that SatNav you have through the machine, and the radio while you're at it, we'll need as advanced equipment as we can get if we're going to get you two out of here."

Pen still sat mostly between the machine and the wall, ready to jump back in if Null tried to attack her.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 12/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, Illiad Easle said:

One of the dead monitor flickered to life, information on the side indicating it was a live feed. The image was grainy like the others, but even then it was clear who was on the screen, it was Null, it had to be, she was trying to get a security door opened as the robed plague doctor from before was slowly encroaching on her. "Especially not her."

The monitor continued showing the doctor's slow progress as Panic continued. "You release the lockdown, and I can open the door so she can escape. If you don't... well, even in the slim chance she survives the Doctor's touch, you'll still be stuck in this section."

"Meep!"

The footage weren't perfect, but there were no doubt t hat she were looking at her sister, likely out and looking for her, but now finding herself at a security door that her card might not work to, and being approached slowly by something that sounded like it had a poisonous touch. Null might be fully protected against magic, but poison were still very effective, and especially since her body were so small that it took a little less time for anything that got into her veins to make a full run through her system.

"I-I'll do it, I'll d-do it! Just... P-Please don't let her get h-hurt."

Was it the smart move? Heavens no, not in the slightest, but this was her sister they were talking about. The only member of her family that she had left, who had raised her since they were but small fillies and had to escape from Troy. Null had suffered every day of her life to try and keep her sister happy, educated and fed, even when her smaller sister were far more broken and pained than Void usually were. She had sacrificed everything she had and earned for Void, and thinking that in this moment, Void's worries could end up being her doom? No, it weren't going to happen. If something went wrong from this, they would deal with it together. They always had, and they would again.

So, without hesitation, Void did as she were asked, and lifted the lockdown. May Celestia have mercy upon them.

(Null)

"We're on the same page then."

Null turned around when she heard the voice, and ended up facing Pen again, albeit the later were still crammed in and out of reach for the pegasus. Probably for the best, as despite Null's begrudging acceptance of this place being needed, she had little love for Pen in particular. Leaving her to die were not a move that made her filled with joy and heart emotes when meeting you again.

"You should put that SatNav you have through the machine, and the radio while you're at it, we'll need as advanced equipment as we can get if we're going to get you two out of here."

"Fine, but no more tricks, or I won't keep it at just yelling in your face."

Not that there Were much of a face, but it was either pressing this out, or go with her original plan of spending a good, solid minute firing off some nasty slurs that she had heard throughout the years. She felt kind of wrong not having gone with that route really, but whatever, moment had passed for now. So she put in the SatNav and the useless radio like she had done with the paper before, closed up and went over to the button.

"Setting. Now."

It were on fine for the time being, but if they were to get something useful out of this, perhaps they had to use another one, so she would wait to hear what it were supposed to be, then react and press down on that, whilst keeping an extra tight grip in her axe, in case something would all of a sudden starts to wander out and try to grab hold of her.

If just Void had been here, she wouldn't have to rely on mongrels like this to get anything done, but nooo, of course they had to be separated, leaving her with little options than to try and exploit anything she met to try and reunite them. Considering she were now tentatively working with one who had also tried to kill her, she wondered what else she would've accepted if it meant getting to Void. The bloody deer? Oh, that would be rich. That doe were a bigger monster than this tentacle screamer were, and one of the creatures high on Null's list of strangle-worthy targets.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

There was no immediate reaction to the button, at least, not from the room she was in. In the screen Panic was showing her the door suddenly opened and her 'sister' dashed through it just before the hooded one would have caught up to her, then the screen went dark.

"Very good, now we can contin"

There was a loud burst of static as Panic's image flickered violently before it stabilized, "Lockdown is still in effect in heavy containment due to a problem with P-8. It will have to be contained manually if we are to fully eliminate CODEX from the facility to set you free."

Her map beeped as it was updated again, the line extended into the new area that she had apparently unlocked, though the rooms did not generate, just the line.

"Do be careful, P-8 is the least dangerous thing loose in there and it turns you into a zombie."

Your map has been updated.

[Null]

Pen confirmed Fine as the setting.

The machine whirred to life as it had done for the paperwork, the return door opening to reveal a strange looking device, it was a black rectangle, just a bit smaller than the SatNav had been, but bigger than the radio. It would blink to life as soon as she picks it up, revealing a new map that had two circles on it as well as a dot to indicate her position on the map. The first circle was tiny, reaching only the room she was in, and was labeled 1368, another one extended to the room she had just come from and was labeled 49.

Pen started to fully emerge from the wall, "What a curious device, it looks far more advanced than anything I've yet seen, I wonder if it maintained the radio's ability to communicate as well."

The circle labeled 49 was slowly growing smaller around her, whatever it referenced was apparently coming towards her.

Your map has been updated.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 12/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"Do be careful, P-8 is the least dangerous thing loose in there and it turns you into a zombie."

"W-Wait, what? What is P-P-8? How does it l-look? What am I g-going to do there?"

Void were given nearly no information at all, and she clearly needed several bits from what she were told. Because right now it sounded as if she needed to deal with this P-8, even if she had no idea what it were, and if she touched it she would become a zombie. Oh, and there were other things there, who were apparently far more dangerous than that, which she didn't know about either.

If she weren't told more this were a suicide mission, and she'd be safer going out and looking for Null again like she had before.

(Null)

On 12/21/2018 at 2:13 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"What a curious device, it looks far more advanced than anything I've yet seen, I wonder if it maintained the radio's ability to communicate as well."

"You're an idiot. Focus on the number."

Null pointed at the number getting closer on the screen of the weird machine, then down on the summary of the creature with said number that had been spouted out of the strange gear monstrosity.

"First deal with what's going to kill us, then play with your toy. Unless you want to be ambushed and gutted like a fish?"

The last bit had thick, added sarcasm as Null spoke at Pen like she had a bundle of screws loose. Something she considered to be right on the money, since something were gaining on them, and the faceless creature wanted to play with the machine first and foremost. Horrid prioritizing that were.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

"P-8 is a chemical that causes regeneration in dead tissues, but not in the brain. As long as you do not breath it in, you'll be fine. It looks like the lever was hit to open the container, all you have to do is close the container and the lockdown will lift in heavy containment."

[Null]

Pen's eye holes moved about as if she were rolling her eyes. "Wouldn't be the first time. 49... moves pretty slow, just don't let him touch you and you'll be good. Though with your anomily that might not even apply. He may not be able to paralize you, though I highly doubt a test of that would be advisable."

She looked over at the map, "Actually, looks like it's moving away from us now, must have turned the corner... to heavy containment."

Sure enough, the circle was starting to get bigger now, but another circle had appeared, larger that 49 but closing in, marked 106. "Her though." Pen looked serious as she started moving briskly towards the exit. "We need to get out of here before she gets us."

Pen kept moving, into the 4 way they had entered from, then to the left, further down the hallway they had been going down before.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 12/24/2018 at 5:34 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"P-8 is a chemical that causes regeneration in dead tissues, but not in the brain. As long as you do not breath it in, you'll be fine. It looks like the lever was hit to open the container, all you have to do is close the container and the lockdown will lift in heavy containment."

"So I c-can't breathe, or it does b-bad things to me? O-Oh dear..."

So what was she going to do now then? It wasn't like she could stop breathing after all, and what if there was all sorts of bad things in there as well? And the room could be massive...

As she squirmed over this, something fell from her neck and clonked on the floor, making her jump startled in place.

Looking down, she saw the gas mask poke through the paper that she had wrapped it in as she had run off in her panic before. She hadn't even noticed that it were there before now, but it felt like a gift from above. With this, she could walk in without being worried about the bacteria, right? That were what these things were used to.m after all. Yes, she'd pop this on, then be on her way towards the area she had to go. Though perhaps she should have a look over what else she had gotten with her... W-Well, perhaps later. Null's safety were reliant on her moving along with some degree of speed, so she just had to fold all the papers, put them among the things she had taken with her, and wander off. Here was hoping that nothing were going to attack her down there...

(Null)

"Wouldn't be the first time. 49... moves pretty slow, just don't let him touch you and you'll be good. Though with your anomily that might not even apply. He may not be able to paralize you, though I highly doubt a test of that would be advisable."

"I'm not here to test the toys, no matter what that mongrel of a *doctor* thought. Unless that beaked fool stands between Void and me, I'm not going near it."

Images flashed through her head of the tests the ponies and such running this place had put her through, and the want to crush something rose. How she hated being seen as a glorified lab rat.

"Her though." Pen looked serious as she started moving briskly towards the exit. "We need to get out of here before she gets us."

Pen kept moving, into the 4 way they had entered from, then to the left, further down the hallway they had been going down before.

106... That number kept showing up, time and time again. A monster above all in this place, who had even won over the coin and its influence. Certainly not a thing that Null were keen crossing, and on that point, Pen and her seemed to agree. Strange feeling, but whatever. They had some road to cross.

Following Pen, Null kept on edge, never sure if there'd be an ambush all of a sudden, as they got down to a familiar path, and following that, rather than divert to play cat and mouse. They'd see what were going to face them from here. Hopefully nothing from heavy containment. Something told Null that all the really bad news were stired there.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

Following the line where it led her, right back the way she had come up to the first T, where it had her go left rather than right. Through the door on the left was another T, a decision to go either forward or to the right like the line indicated.

Assuming she continues along the line, The door opened to a room much like the one she had seen through the monitor when Panic had asked her to lift the lockdown. Continuing onward she would enter the unknown, walking off the edge of the map. The line indicated that she needed to continue forward.

(Should she do so)

The room through the door was small, in front of her was a large security door with a keypad next to it, to the left was an elevator shaft labeled Maintenance. The elevator car was there. Her map updated as she moved to include the room she had entered, indicating that there was another elevator shaft on the far side of the door. Also, a straight line went to the diagonal to a spot marked Target 008. It seemed she would be on her own to try and find her way there.

[Null]

On the map, the circle that indicated Pen stayed fairly small as she was close to Null, while the ones marked 49 and 106 grew gradually larger, 49's much faster than 106's. They continued down the hallway before they came to a doorway on the right side that looked very different from any other doorway she had seen before. This doorway lacked paint, it looked like it had recently been installed, or at least more recently than the rest of the hallway. Pen pulled out the card she had retrieved from the machine when Null had cornered her, and used it to open the door, revealing a second door.

As well as half of a partially decayed corpse.

The front half, with the middle lined right up with the second door, indicating that it had been halved by the door. Null would be able to recognize the corpse as none other than the same doctor that had torn the feather from her wing.

Pen took a step back at the sight before moving carefully around the corpse to open the second door. When she swiped her card the door started to open, then suddenly closed again. Her repeated attempts yielded the same results.

Pen looked unsure as she stepped back from the door. "Something is overriding the door control, I fear Panic is trying to keep us out."

She looked unsure of how to continue, though stared intently at the corpse.

Next to the body was a tape recorder that had a well worn tape in it.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 1/5/2019 at 2:31 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Following the line where it led her, right back the way she had come up to the first T, where it had her go left rather than right. Through the door on the left was another T, a decision to go either forward or to the right like the line indicated.

Assuming she continues along the line, The door opened to a room much like the one she had seen through the monitor when Panic had asked her to lift the lockdown. Continuing onward she would enter the unknown, walking off the edge of the map. The line indicated that she needed to continue forward.

Nothing eating her yet, but every step in this place, every second of non-sound from the monsters that were loose... It felt like an ambush was around every corner, or ready to burst up from the floor to drag her down into a vast, unknown blackness, full of pain and death.

What mind had been behind making this place? Null and her had taken many incredibly dangerous items in their time, to safeguard them from others, as well as use them to protect themselves, but this place were different. The things here were living, moving and out to hunt for their targets, with several seemingly being able to just get through solid steel doors like it were nothing.

She hated it for taking Null and her, and were beginning to think that their escape attempt likely had something to do with the state this place were in right now, but the magnitude of keeping all of these dangerous creations from the world, and generally being successful at it, were commendable, and honestly terrifying. If somepony were able to contain something like that dark sludge, the virus she had just been warned about, or 106, how powerful did they have to be? What sort of sacrifices had to be made to capture all of these beings? In a way she wanted to know, but considering how this place viewed her sister and her, she honestly hoped that she would never get the answers to her questions.

The room through the door was small, in front of her was a large security door with a keypad next to it, to the left was an elevator shaft labeled Maintenance. The elevator car was there. Her map updated as she moved to include the room she had entered, indicating that there was another elevator shaft on the far side of the door. Also, a straight line went to the diagonal to a spot marked Target 008. It seemed she would be on her own to try and find her way there.

Guess there weren't time to think about that now. The map updated - kind of - and showed her where in this great unknown her target were, yet to find a way there...

There were several options, including some elevators, but surely that couldn't be it, right? It had to be on the same plan as the rest, so she should try to look for other paths. Other roads to go and ruin this place even further... A sickening thought, that gave her a stab of guilt at how much destruction would come from this, but she had to brush that aside right now, or she wouldn't be able to concentrate. How she wished she could just do so as efficiently as Null, but she weren't like her elder sister. *sigh* This were going to haunt the back of her mind for a while now.

Taking a more or less literal stab in the dark, Void aimed for the security door to see if there were any sort of clue on the pad - such as worn down keys - to indicate which ones were used int he code, and perhaps how many were there. If she wouldn't have any luck there, she'd begrudgingly head for the elevator shaft.

(Null)

On the map, the circle that indicated Pen stayed fairly small as she was close to Null, while the ones marked 49 and 106 grew gradually larger, 49's much faster than 106's.

This were going to be bad news sooner or later. Either 49 would get to them first, if Null got this piece of junk right, and then later on, if they didn't get killed by beak face, 106 would come around and would most definitely end them. The way it had dealt with the coin - the most dangerous item her and Void had ever carried - showed it to be highly competent, and insanely dangerous. If this one got hold of them, and wanted to kill them, Null wasn't entirely sure that there were anything they could do about it. A thought she didn't have often, but this weren't her typical opponent, and she only had an axe.

Pen pulled out the card she had retrieved from the machine when Null had cornered her, and used it to open the door, revealing a second door.

As well as half of a partially decayed corpse.

The front half, with the middle lined right up with the second door, indicating that it had been halved by the door. Null would be able to recognize the corpse as none other than the same doctor that had torn the feather from her wing.

Null didn't flinch at the sight of the corpse, she just glared at it's cold, long dead eyes, with a growl starting to escape her muzzle.

"For what you did to my sister and me, you deserved a far longer, more painful death than you got. I hope you rot in Tartarus until the end of days."

After that, she spat in what remained on the face of the *doctor* and looked over to see Pen trying her luck with the door, but to no avail, as it kept closing on her before she could really do anything. She didn't even notice the tape recorder on the floor, though it were likely important.

"Something is overriding the door control, I fear Panic is trying to keep us out."

"How strong are these doors? I could shove the axe in, blade down, and keep it from locking up if it isn't too strong. You could do your little slim trick then."

She had seen the strange creature get flat enough to get in a tight spot before, so why not this? Depended on the door she supposed, though even then, she didn't like the idea of just letting this thing wander on her own. But what were she to do? They had to get past this door after all, and not end up like the son of a rabid diamond dog in front of them.

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

Examining the keypad closer revealed no keys worn much more than others, though it was a standard ten key system.

Trying a combo would reveal that it is looking for a four digit code. (Only 10000 combos there if she wants to take a stab in the dark.)

(If she goes into the elevator)

There was a button to activate the elevator, and it set into motion smoothly enough, descending further into the unknown. The map did not seem to work down here, she would be on her own.

The elevator doors opened to reveal a dark hallway extending to either side of the elevator, there was a shuddering noise as the elevator light went out, seemed she wasn't going back up this way, she'd have to find the other elevator the map had shown her.

To the left was a dead end, and the moment she left the elevator a pool of the ooze she had seen before would begin to form on said wall, a hoof, then forelimb with holes in it like a changelings, though covered in the same ooze, slowly extending outward from it, pointed at her.

[Null]

On the map, 49's circle continued growing larger until it disappeared, apparently too far away for her new map to track. More surprisingly before that, 106's circle acted strangely, it stopped for all of a second, before growing very quickly outward, then disappearing like 049's had. Of course, she had to have been watching to notice at all.

Pen looked at her skeptically, "Well, the door's strong enough to cut a fully grown stallion cleanly in half, so I don't want to risk going through. As much fun as being halved isn't, I'd rather not do it again just yet."

She sighed, "The only way I can think of is either destroying Panic, and thus getting the door open, or disabling remote door control, and thus being able to open the doors ourselves." She rolled her eyes, "And of course Panic will be holding his own doors closed, so we need to go disable door control, which is in... the office area." She sounded, unnerved, at the prospect, but turned away from the corpse nonetheless, "The things I'm doing for her, she better still be alive." Pen shuddered as she moved to lead the way again.

@Illiad Easle

9 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Trying a combo would reveal that it is looking for a four digit code. (Only 10000 combos there if she wants to take a stab in the dark.)

Void would be dissapointed that nothing was inherently showing to clue her into what the code may be, beyond it being a four digit code. She couldn't stand here all day and try them all one by one, but she'd give it upwards of six attempts, then if that didn't work, go for the elevator.

(If none of them did diddly squat)

So the map wasn't working, and the elevator shut down after her descend... This wasn't starting off well. Neither were it that the light of the elevator were most of the light down here, and when it went off, the visibility went down considerably. Could this get any worse?

9 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

To the left was a dead end, and the moment she left the elevator a pool of the ooze she had seen before would begin to form on said wall, a hoof, then forelimb with holes in it like a changelings, though covered in the same ooze, slowly extending outward from it, pointed at her.

If it wasn't for the gas mask she were wearing, her muffled scream would have been considerably louder at seeing the glob monster oozing her way.

Without thinking, Void stormed down the right path as fast as she could, not wanting to stay anywhere near the horrible thing who were likely going to devour her slowly and painfully if it ever got hold of her. She wished she could have more sensible responses in places like this, but how was she to react when that thing went out a wall towards her? Smiles and hugs?

(Null)

On 1/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, Illiad Easle said:

"The things I'm doing for her, she better still be alive."

There was a sentiment that Null could agree on, though they were likely not thinking of the same creature in this regard. Why would Pen care at all about going through hoops just to get Void back, which were a pony she had likely never met prior to today? No, somepony else was on her mind, at least that was what Null were thinking.

Something told her she wouldn't get an answer if she asked though, but just told that Pen meant Void, then the talk 2ould go on tge earth pony mare, and potentially how she might not be alive, and then it'd end with Null trying to cleave Pen's head. A delightful thought, but not the time right now. The creature were probably useful in some way, and somepony had to stay in this abysmal place and look after the freaks after this. Sure wasn't gonna be Null or Void.

"Say we get Panic locked up tight in his cell, what then? The freaks are still loose and trying to kill everypony they run into, and if you had more helpers to get it back in check, you wouldn't use your time on me. There's some sorta overbeing in this joint that can snap everything in check again or something? CODEX, or whatever Panic yapped about his nemesis being called. That the one? It's some kinda draconequus or kitsune?"

Kitsune weren't as strong per se, but their illusory skills were top notch, and might be good to lure some things into better spots. Draconequus might still be the better option though, but what did she know? Nothing. Which were kind iof the reason she asked. Seeing as she had one who knew this place here, she might as well get something she could work with about it.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

(You got close with one of them, but I won't tell you which.)

It was especially dark in the hallway with the gas mask on, she nearly collided with the end of the hallway before she could see it. (Conjecture, you could have her run into it if you like.)

The hallway abruptly turned to the left, and opened into a slightly more illuminated area. There was what looked to be the entrance to a containment area, only the door was open. To the side of the door was a sign featuring the face of the plague doctor pony she had seen earlier(They've both seen it right?) The sign further labeled it Euclid, Sentient and violent.

The room seemed empty, except for the rotting corpse that lay on the floor, it seemed to have been cut open. On a side wall were a pair of levers, one marked backup generator, the other labeled elevator power. Both were set to off.

[Null]

Pen looked unsure, "To be honest, the only really dangerous ones actively roaming seem to be 106, 49, 173, and 97. At least as far as I've seen. and of those 106 is the only one I can't recapture myself. Of course, with all of them out at the same time it is much less easy to do, but Codex sent out a distress signal, and once Panic isn't sabotaging our efforts... we may get them all contained... eventually..." Pen deflated a bit, "In all honesty, it's very likely we'll have to enact the Omega protocol, which is why I'm even bothering to help you two. You two don't deserve it like the rest, and I'm willing to stay if it keeps everyone else safe..." she muttered something about penance as she continued walking forward. They had gone back down the hallway they had first come up, then continuing straight down where Null had first started chasing Pen. When they got to the next door on the left side, she paused. "It gets really dangerous in these next sections, Codex's been keeping this section pretty well managed ever since the incident, but heavy containment hasn't really been touched since, much less the office area."

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 1/13/2019 at 4:39 AM, Illiad Easle said:

The room seemed empty, except for the rotting corpse that lay on the floor, it seemed to have been cut open. On a side wall were a pair of levers, one marked backup generator, the other labeled elevator power. Both were set to off.

Void didn't take notice of what room she were in, or the markings. After hitting the wall before she were still trying to get her bearings again, as she stumbled on as fast as she could in the direction she faced. She barely even bit notice that she were in a new room before she felt herself step in something icky. Seeing as the tar monster were after her, her response to this were a muffled scream more as she looked down whilst falling over herself to get away from what she though were about to eat her.

Thank Celestia that it were just an eviscerated corpse. The dead rarely got up again to attack her.

Well... There were the time in Harrowmark, but the wilderness witch had seemed mostly uninterested in them as the macabre show had scared them away from whatever kind of messed up ceremony were being held, and the corpses returned to the circle. Magic might have been the cause, and the two of them could just get away with messing with that, but they had already been on the run from a mob, and frankly considered the witch to be more of a welcome distraction, as a larger crowd with torches would likely cause her to get defensive, out of worry that they were after her. No idea if it went that way, but neither Null nor Void had seen her, or the mob again as they left the country and migrated into Norhay.

Why was this story stuck in her head? She couldn't focus on that, he had to find something and get out. Would the tar monster be distracted if it got a corpse thrown into its face? And what was that? Levers? what did they say... Backup generator and elevator power? Oh dear Celestia yes, perhaps if these got turned on, she'd have a chance at getting somewhere instead of being trapped down here with that thing.

Void would flip the switches, starting with the generator, then look for a way to escape.

(Null)

"In all honesty, it's very likely we'll have to enact the Omega protocol, which is why I'm even bothering to help you two. You two don't deserve it like the rest, and I'm willing to stay if it keeps everyone else safe..."

"They're going to nuke the place. That's what the Omega Protocol is, isn't it? Just fantastic... Finally ending up on the other side of the equation of sacrificing a few for the big picture."

Null's voice were bitter, because she knew well what was going to happen, as soon as Pen started to talk about distress signals and protocols. This place were choke full of horrid, unspeakable horrors that could destroy thousands, or even millions of lives, and the only thing stopping them from doing that, were that they were still trapped in here. If they tried to recapture them and failed to do so, because there were so many loose and 106 were of such an insane danger level, it could spell certain doom. It made complete sense to just destroy this place completely to be on the safe side. Far as they knew, the only allies they'd have here were Pen and whoever - or whatever - Codex were. A few sacrifices for the greater good.

Celestia knows that Null thought poorly enough of herself as it were, and had figured that she'd eventually end up getting killed before her time, by either some outside force, or herself. Best she could generally hope for were that it'd be a sacrifice to make sure Void were allowed to live, but right now... She didn't even know where her sister were, and she weren't going to let this place go up in flames before she knew that Void had made it out of here. What'd happen to herself... They'd see. Out and alive if possible, but this place seemed determined to kill everything, so it might not end up being as simple as them just walking away scotch free.

She bit notice in Pen talking about her basically deserving it too, which were a thought that she could relate to, but Null were unwilling to try and relate too much with Pen. She didn't trust anypony, and this one had already left her for dead once. it made her even less inclined to put any trust in her, but she'd work with the strange creature at least. Not that she had much else of a choice really.

It gets really dangerous in these next sections, Codex's been keeping this section pretty well managed ever since the incident, but heavy containment hasn't really been touched since, much less the office area."

"Not like it's safer to stay here and roll our hooves, so let's get going. And keep in mind that I suppress curses and dispel regular magic. If any of the murder-zombies are loose in there that's magic based, say so. Otherwise it's the axe for them."

Null gripped the axe even tighter between her teeth,and got ready to follow, prepared to having to slash at something the second they went in.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

When she flipped the generator switch there was a rumble, followed by the whine of the generator as it spun up. The lights in the hallway brightened just a bit, though they dimmed back down as she flipped the switch for the elevator power.

The sickening sounds of a creature moving through jello drifted towards her from where she had come from, indicating that what had come from the wall was slowly gaining on her.

The hallway turned left again further down. The second elevator had to be that way.

[Null]

(Given I doubt Null would have a concept of nukes, as they were never used in this timeline, (and not in any timeline, the anti-magic bomb being the only equivalent), I'll act as if she had said bomb the place.)

Pen shook her head, "The Omega is already here, and can only be activated from here, and is only to be activated as a last resort, hence the name Omega. Though your magic suppression may be very useful as we move forward."

She continued through the door the left, swiping her card to get through the large, abandoned, security checkpoint, then into a short hallway with a large security door. Pen paused for just a second before quickly entering a code into the keypad. There was a rumble from below as the door slowly opened, then they continued forward.

The hallways were the same as when Null had first woken up since getting attacked by the deer. Dark and tubular. Pen's pace slowed but she continued forward nonetheless, passing straight through the four-way that followed.

While the previous area had had the light hum of the air circulating, this area didn't. And the air was stale like one would expect from it not having moved in quite some time. It was also very quiet, like there wasn't anything alive except for them.

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

It wasn't much light that were given off, but it were something at least. A small, but potential victory if it wasn't for the small detail that if she stayed here much longer she were going to die. The sound of her impending, gelatinous doom said as much, which she had the inkling about might be haunting her for a long time after everything were said and done. The sound was too close to jell-o or some kind of monster slime to stay out of her life forever, and she'd likely have to stay out of every single toy shop she ran into for several years. Nothing new there really, as she had only ever been in three, and none of the times she had bought anything. Bits were always scarce and the few days or weeks they generally stayed put one place before being found out, they had to be used on food, so that they could get something else that what they could scavenge from trash of the wild.

Null had been in the places many times though, as every years, she had gotten Void something for her birthday. Of course the things were stolen, but it were still a sweet gesture, and she knew that Null just tried to make Void as happy as their miserable lives allowed, if only now and again.

Anyway, as the sound got closer, Void were getting further away, by following the only path going away from the goo monster, and hoping she'd soon find an exit, and not a blind path. She'd be completely doomed if that happened.

(Null)

(Nuking it is just an expression she picked up on once. She thinks of something like a ton of bombs)

The door opening did not reveal an army of zombies or something similar, so whatever were going to lurk in this area, wasn't forthcoming. So what... Ambush predator? Fantastic. Just what this rotten day needed. A coward who struck you when your back was turned. What a bucking hoot.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:58 AM, Illiad Easle said:

"The Omega is already here, and can only be activated from here, and is only to be activated as a last resort, hence the name Omega. Though your magic suppression may be very useful as we move forward."

"Magic or not, they're all going down."

Null were really starting to itch for a fight with all of these fake-outs, but it surely wouldn't be long now. There were more rooms, and every corner turned, opened door, or dark edge of the room, might well contain whatever had to roam this area. So she kept waiting, tensing up every time they turned a new corner, or entered a room, thinking that now would be the time, yet for some reason, there still weren't anything. Were it hiding behind several layers of security or something? Whatever the case, as they reached the seemingly empty, dead area, Null were tensed up enough that she might just fly straight ahead at the first thing she saw move, from not being able to deal with the pressure of anticipation anymore.

Yet the worst thing that hit her right now, were the smell of air that had been germinating in its own gas for who knew how long. Musty smell that were, but that was about it.

"Something ain't right about this place. It's too quiet."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

[Void]

It wasn't too far down the hallway before it turned to the left again, and at the end of this new hall was what appeared to be another elevator door. The sound of the goo creature was constant, methodical, it didn't change pace once in Void's movements. It moved like it had all the time in the world.

(I assume she presses the button to call the elevator)

The faint sound of an elevator moving slowly grew louder, so too did the sound of the creature, with every beat of Void's frantic heart it grew closer.

A faint ding signaled the arrival of the elevator, the doors opening of their own accord to bath the hallway with the faint light it contained.

(Further assuming she dashes inside to press the up button as fast as she can.)

Looking back down the hallway revealed that the creature had gotten VERY close before the doors had opened, only a meter or so more. And it only grew closer as the doors slowly shut. Beneath the viscous black tar that covered it, two large, blood red and slit pupiled, eyes stared back at her.

As soon as the doors shut the elevator set into motion, a hoof sized section of the doors corroding away right at head height.

A few moments later the doors opened again, the corroded bit crumbling off as they did, while the room before her looked almost exactly like the one she had left. She could try the large security door on her left, or go through the door on her right.

Her map indicated that she was now on the other side of the door, her target would be through the door on her right, then just about a straight line to the left.

[Null]

Pen led Null pretty straight forward, helping her to dodge through a Tesla gate by explaining how they worked, they charged up as one got close. firing off once the charge was full, thus if you stood close enough it would go off without shocking you, giving you a few seconds to jump through before it went off again.

The next room however was different.

The door opened to reveal a very short hallway, the room to the left had a pair of windows, but they were covered in blood, dried long ago. Pen went to open the far door, but it wouldn't open. With a shrug she moved to open the door to the room on the right.

And then things were very weird for Null, a series of quick flashes, pain, heavy breathing, a very blurry face, excruciating pain, faint screams.

Above all was a single statement, as if pounded into her head with the voice of 990 himself.

"DON'T LOOK AT IT"

Pen was about to open the door.

Your maps have been updated.

(097 is on the other side, Pen and Null would get brutally eaten a number of different ways without 990 putting this message in Null's head)

Edited by Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

(Void)

On 1/17/2019 at 6:05 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Looking back down the hallway revealed that the creature had gotten VERY close before the doors had opened, only a meter or so more. And it only grew closer as the doors slowly shut. Beneath the viscous black tar that covered it, two large, blood red and slit pupiled, eyes stared back at her.

Void's heart were pounding so hard that she feared it would literally break her ribs and burst through her chest after the close call. To see the goo monster so incredibly close to touching her as she had desperately tried to get the elevator in motion... She had been through many insane things, but this were the first time she could remember right now where she felt like she had actually seen death in the eyes. Not just something that could be deadly, or might be a strong hindrance on her travels, but an actual representation of her impending doom. Unstoppable, never resting, and aimed to come and devour her. And there was nothing she could do about it.

Hope had withered and died in her back then, and now that the elevator had taken her away, all that was left were a sickened, empty feeling that she just couldn't ignore. Perhaps because she couldn't believe that she had actually gotten away? No... It were the inevitability of things. Being that close, having been chased so much by the goo creature, she knew that it would be back, and that she couldn't keep escaping it. She couldn't defeat it either. hay, who could? It passed through everything, unwavering in its pursuit, and even if she ran from this place and didn't stop until she were on the other ends of the earth, it were just going to find her again. What hope were there? What chance?

It were times like this when Null were needed there to pull her out of her slump, but with neither her, nor anypony else like Pen, she were just left to simmer in this state as she wandered out of the elevator and visibly shaking, followed the path to the right, just like the map indicated she should. 

(Null)

On 1/17/2019 at 6:05 AM, Illiad Easle said:

And then things were very weird for Null, a series of quick flashes, pain, heavy breathing, a very blurry face, excruciating pain, faint screams.

Above all was a single statement, as if pounded into her head with the voice of 990 himself.

"DON'T LOOK AT IT"

"Grrr- S-Stop!"

The pain were intense, reminding her of several times that she had been assaulted and mauled by wild animals, just worse as it were as if everything hit her at once, along with a bundle of freaking imagery and auditory madness. She'd say she were going mad, but the voice... That voice, that she had heard before in her dreams, that one weren't false. It was too vivid, and pounded into her head like it were written on a hammer and bashed into her skull.

Her instinct took over from there, biting the pain in ad yelling out for Pen to stop before the door opened, with a highly desperate tone to her voice. One born of pain and fear, which were not emotions that she tended to show to others, as she considered it weakness. So were it to fight for strangers she didn't like, but as she lounged forward and pushed Pen away from the door (and in case it had creaked open, would slam it shut) that were quite literally what she were doing. Not for no ulterior motive like wanting to use Pen. There weren't time to think of that. This had been pure instinct.

Though perhaps once her mind settled, she would start to rationalize that this were just because she wanted to save her own hide, as whatever were behind the door were clearly gonna hurt her too. Quite frankly it felt like it already had, even if no new wound were to be seen on her.

"There's something in there that's going to kill us. 990 just screamed as much into my bucking head, and that bastard might be using me, but he needs his tool alive. If he's starts screaming *not to look at it* along with a truck of pain, I'm not risking it. We're going another way. Now. Just... Look at the stupid map and pick a route."

Null would try and cut off the path to the door too if she could, and play it up tough, but she were visibly shaken by whatever had just happened. Whatever would happen here though, depended on if Pen would believe her, and even if she did, what her relationship were with 990. Might be she didn't trust him one inch and opened the door regardless, thinking it was just false. In which case Null would keep her eyes tightly shut. She'd try to keep the tentacle suit away first and foremost though.

• Brohoof 1