Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

digital muh gallery

Usager

I really like your style. The strong shading to produce depth, combined with the broad, bright colours fits ponies pretty well. I especially like the Dash in clothes picture.

I'd be interested in seeing other artwork of yours. Do you have a website or dA page?

Also, would you be open to a little critique? I like your style enough that I'd like to discuss it more in-depth.

2 hours ago, Bato said:

I really like your style. The strong shading to produce depth, combined with the broad, bright colours fits ponies pretty well. I especially like the Dash in clothes picture.

I'd be interested in seeing other artwork of yours. Do you have a website or dA page?

Also, would you be open to a little critique? I like your style enough that I'd like to discuss it more in-depth.

i have a twitter but its non pony related. the deviant page its abandoned :mlp_icwudt:

i upload my stuff in derpibooru

critique is always appreciated

Edited by Usager

As I mentioned before, your style is quite effective at bringing out depth. Almost 3D without being CG.

However, there's something a little...I hate to say it, but unnerving about a few of them. I think it's the square or snub noses and puffy cheeks.

I'm not very well-versed in the MLP fan art scene (but I know comics and animation well), so the closest examples of similar art I know of are the pieces Jennifer Meyer and especially Andrea Radeck did for the Ponies: the Galloping cards.

https://scryfall.com/sets/ptg

Radeck's Rarity was effective as it created a toylike appearance, and the card itself is connected to the toys.

It's not that the snub noses and puffy cheeks make the art bad, not by any means. It's just something that, to me, detracts from the fantastic vivid and original style. That's why I like the clothed Dash  and Rarity with accordion piece, and look forward to seeing more experimentation and other subjects in general from you.

Edited by Bato

14 hours ago, Bato said:

As I mentioned before, your style is quite effective at bringing out depth. Almost 3D without being CG.

However, there's something a little...I hate to say it, but unnerving about a few of them. I think it's the square or snub noses and puffy cheeks.

I'm not very well-versed in the MLP fan art scene (but I know comics and animation well), so the closest examples of similar art I know of are the pieces Jennifer Meyer and especially Andrea Radeck did for the Ponies: the Galloping cards.

https://scryfall.com/sets/ptg

Radeck's Rarity was effective as it created a toylike appearance, and the card itself is connected to the toys.

It's not that the snub noses and puffy cheeks make the art bad, not by any means. It's just something that, to me, detracts from the fantastic vivid and original style. That's why I like the clothed Dash  and Rarity with accordion piece, and look forward to seeing more experimentation and other subjects in general from you.

I see :sunbutt:

i always forgett about making the nose more roundy, in this case an attempt was made but the shading was too square. I believe it might be easy to fix but would've pointless at this time. 

Thanks, ill keep in mind making it roundy. About the cheeks, i like it that way, gonna study more so i can do better in that area :mlp_icwudt:

Again, thank you :3!

• 6 months later...