Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Idea : Sunset is the antagonist of the next MLP film

Blue_Phoenix

I mean some reboot of Equestrian girls. Imagine if content from "The fall of Sunset" and etc was all adapted into a feature length film? This would be a fresh take in my opinion and could possibly let her redemption arc make more sense. What do you all think?

• Brohoof 1

I don't see this working with Sunset. We've seen it happen with Discord but almost everyone had a shifty opinion to begin with even after his reformation or at least didn't trust him completely, and that's still the case to this very day. She just doesn't have the personality.

Or do you mean her initial fall from grace when she was still Celestia's Pupil and you meant prequel rather than reboot?

Edited by SharpWit
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, SharpWit said:

I don't see this working with Sunset. We've seen it happen with Discord but almost everyone had a shifty opinion to begin with even after his reformation or at least didn't trust him completely, and that's still the case to this very day.

No not a reformation. A reboot. AU poke with the 2017 film. 

People tend to be weary when it comes to reboots. Sometimes they can get it right but other times they can get it wrong resulting in some serious backlash. An Equestria Girls reboot would have some merit but then Sunset fans might object given how much she has changed since her initial appearance. I guess it depends on what direction they take it in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, Ray_Knight said:

I mean some reboot of Equestrian girls. Imagine if content from "The fall of Sunset" and etc was all adapted into a feature length film? This would be a fresh take in my opinion and could possibly let her redemption arc make more sense. What do you all think?

what? she as already redemde herself, and people who don't know her story have a mistery to sulve (until they get to the comics)

but "we all know you have earned the rigth not to be remembered that way" -forgotten friendship. 

On 10/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, Ashley Zhang said:

I'm positive it's not possible. It's Hasbro and they won't have their favourite eqg character turn into a villain again

that's so true: she is a good girl and we know it :-)

It wouldn't be a reboot, it would be a prequel. It could be fun. Her pony days, how she found the portal, how her and celestia had a falling out, learning to be human, how she came to rule the school; and the grand unanswered question, how she found about about twilight crown and that magic can take place in the human world. I always love some sunset screen time. 

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, Sunlight Glisten said:

It wouldn't be a reboot, it would be a prequel. It could be fun. Her pony days, how she found the portal, how her and celestia had a falling out, learning to be human, how she came to rule the school; and the grand unanswered question, how she found about about twilight crown and that magic can take place in the human world. I always love some sunset screen time. 

The issue with that kind of prequel is that well, for the type of show EG is, there'd be no 'resolution'.  Cuz if it's a prequel to the first movie then all it would do would end in a rather bad note.  Granted you COULD end it with 'teasing' twilight coming but again that's not a resolution.   Shows that have the target audience that MLP has, don't tend to leave actual movies with the 'bad guy still in control'  Yeah it's a prequel but it still would need a resolution for the 'good guys'.

As for the questions.. well, for starters, you're assuming Sunset ever thought Magic from the pony world wouldn't work in the EG world to begin with... Granted she WAS a unicorn but she could of easily deduced that the change to her body (biggest one being loss of her horn) was why she couldn't use magic herself.  It is also possible she tried to experiment with various other spells she learned but *shrug*.  But I'm sure when she found the portal back to the pony world she was like "Ok, some kind of magic must work here."

As for the Magical crown... honestly, the most logical option was that she went back to the pony world to find SOME kind of magic, in which she learned about the crown.  After all, it's possible that she didn't make only the one trip to Pony world as she could of made a trip before that and simply found out about the crown during the first trip.  After all, she'd of had to returned at some point to make the 'fake' crown and have it set up for the "Prom Queen's crown".

The only way I can think of that it'd work... would be that the entire movie is a flashback.  So it'd start in the present, where whatever's happening, and Sunset thinks back on her past for some reason.   Then towards the end, after the 'Twilight tease' It'd simply do some kind of 'first movie montage' then back tot he present.   Could maybe even tie it into like perhaps something's making Sunset NEEDING to rethink about her past or maybe a memory spell or I dunno...

Though the montage could help with the resolution just I just don't think it'd fully work well in this case without the flashback part.

The only other thing I could possibly think of... again not sure if they'd do it.... would be the prequel would lead up to the first movie... but then they'd actually show the first movie again but then in Sunset's perspective.

But, given how 'short' their movies can be... Yeah it may get all 'squished' together or something. *shrug*