Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord's weaknesses.

CastletonSnob

He actually isn't the most overpowered character in the show - he could be, but he isn't because of his personality. He prefers to have fun, cause mischief, create chaos, and play around with his enemies instead of outright defeating them or eliminating whatever he hates. As a result, this creates a way to defeating him.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 2

1.) Anti-Magic (immunity, silence, drain etc.)

2.) Status effects (he doesn't seem to be able to dispel curses and toxins)

3.) Harmony (nuff said)                                                                                       

5.) Psychic attacks (a frail mind of a coward melts away when dipped in madness and despair)

• Brohoof 2

I will admit what he did at the school wasn't his best moment, but, Discord has come a long way since being in stone, twice. He has more reminding to do, but, he's a better Discord than he was before.

Fluttershy is his only weakness. She can control him and he almost died trying to appease her in Discordant Harmony or when rescuing her in To where and back again

• 1 month later...

I simply must assert that Fluttershy is not, nor cannot, be a weakness or as important to Discord as you all think. Is she the one being who gave him completely undeserved trust when he needed it? Yes, she still does mean absolute worlds to Discord! Enough for him willing to basically murder through jealousy alone if he feels their bond is strained... but admittedly murder means little to an immortal being.

But I think Discord is still well aware of that. He may treat the lives of others on a much lower rung of priority than a fellow mortal would but she means more. While still he's aware that he will outlive her, that she is but a blink of an eye to him. But he very likely, after her death of old age, rewind time to relive moments just for nostalgia's sake or even outright reanimate her... but he knows that won't be the same.

Like the whole "alicorn Twilight outliving her friends" theory y'all keep trying to push!

Point is: Threaten Twilight: "Oh, what a shame. That really ought be stopped. I suppose. Maybe it would be the 'moral' thing for me to do to aid somehow... Oh, I suppose."

Threaten Fluttershy: "Hey! Hey! She means something to me!" 

...and you don't offend a god.

I think that's what its always been. Discord's weaknesses are the one things he can't outlive or replace with his magic. His Emotions. 

Like, he let the Sisters stonify him the first time because he was just simply amused that they thought themselves a threat. He knew being stone was barely just a mild inconvenience. Even if he was killed, it still wouldn't mean anything to him. Nothing meant anything to him. Except their Attention. Feeding his Pride.

He fell to Tirek... because he thought he was making a friend. A fellow villain who understood him.  ....aaaaand, that he was a god, and whattaya gonna do to a god? 

Does he let a doormat like Flutters tell him what to do? Yeah. Because killing her wouldn't matter... but her being disappointed in him... knowing that he left something as permanant as an emotion be forever changed in a way his magic can never undo.... that hurts.

He could mind control others easily. But that wouldn't be them accepting him. It wouldn't be His Reality.

Everybeing says they want Total Anarchy. But if nothing goes by anything, it gets painfully boring.