Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler The thing about Cozy Glow

ManaMinori

I see a lot of people griping about why Cozy Glow- a CHILD- wound up in Tartarus during all the crap in the season finale, and here's why- plain and simple- she wasn't repentant. Being a child has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are children in our world who are straight up monsterous murderers and assailants. Likewise, there are children in MLP who are and can be irredeemable. Diamond Tiara was one, but she eventually saw the light and changed her ways. Cozy Glow- in spite of being a child, showed deviousness, manipulated several adults and had them eating out of the palm of her....hoof....thoroughly manipulated and held her peers, the CMC, hostage, led an entire school into usurping an adults's authority and rioting, and soooo many more things.

Here's the nitty gritty- Cozy had every and ample opportunity to change her ways. She had gotten into the school of friendship. She KNEW its lessons and what was being taught to her during the time that she played everyone for a fool and tried to pass as an ordinary student. She sat in classes with the young six. So there's no way hat it's an issue with her being naive and NOT knowing. She KNEW. She didn't want to learn. She remained set in her ways to follow the path of evil, and she paid the price by winding up locked in Tartarus after conspiring with an inmate there to gain power for herself.

There

Is

No

Other

Place

she

belongs

other

than

Tartarus.

Being a child doesn't mean jack spit.

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I see a lot of people griping about why Cozy Glow- a CHILD- wound up in Tartarus during all the crap in the season finale, and here's why- plain and simple- she wasn't repentant. Being a child has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There are children in our world who are straight up monsterous murderers and assailants. Likewise, there are children in MLP who are and can be irredeemable. Diamond Tiara was one, but she eventually saw the light and changed her ways. Cozy Glow- in spite of being a child, showed deviousness, manipulated several adults and had them eating out of the palm of her....hoof....thoroughly manipulated and held her peers, the CMC, hostage, led an entire school into usurping an adults's authority and rioting, and soooo many more things.

Here's the nitty gritty- Cozy had every and ample opportunity to change her ways. She had gotten into the school of friendship. She KNEW its lessons and what was being taught to her during the time that she played everyone for a fool and tried to pass as an ordinary student. She sat in classes with the young six. So there's no way hat it's an issue with her being naive and NOT knowing. She KNEW. She didn't want to learn. She remained set in her ways to follow the path of evil, and she paid the price by winding up locked in Tartarus after conspiring with an inmate there to gain power for herself.

There

Is

No

Other

Place

she

belongs

other

than

Tartarus.

Well I think her problem is that she always had bad experiences in friendship and is an orphan which is why she's like this. The Mane 6 wouldn't be able to reform her cause they don't understand what she's been through!

But I think Spike does, which is why I think he's gonna reform her.

• Brohoof 1

49 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

There

Is

No

Other

Place

she

belongs

other

than

Tartarus.

We get it. Age is meaningless. I don't see how.

I have a different take. While it initially took me for surprise, we are talking about a fantasy world that doesn't always follow our form of justice. There are some pretty horrific things that have happened and almost happened to the characters over the years, so to suggest that Equestria would be completely in line with us is a stretch. I suppose that it is even consistent with what we have seen before since Cozy Glow refused to change her mind, as we saw with Starlight. Unlike Chrysalis she wasn't able to escape. 

Obviously in our world, depending on nation, her punishment would be different. Some countries do treat children harsher than others though. 

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

Well I think her problem is that she always had bad experiences in friendship and is an orphan which is why she's like this. The Mane 6 wouldn't be able to reform her cause they don't understand what she's been through!

But I think Spike does, which is why I think he's gonna reform her.

Those are just assumptions. No one knows what’s behind her life, but facts are, she manipulated and endangered several ponies for the sole purpose to conquer Equestria. Child or not, she’s one of the nation’s greatest threats it has ever faced

For the sake of the story buildup, that's the only "logical" reason why she is sent to tartarus. Since they need someone to free tirek.Done.

30 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Those are just assumptions. No one knows what’s behind her life, but facts are, she manipulated and endangered several ponies for the sole purpose to conquer Equestria. Child or not, she’s one of the nation’s greatest threats it has ever faced

But why though? No one is ever born evil (except Stewie Griffin), something musta inspired her to be like this. And knowing this show, it's probably some very bad friendships and/or negelection. 

13 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

But why though? No one is ever born evil (except Stewie Griffin), something musta inspired her to be like this. And knowing this show, it's probably some very bad friendships and/or negelection. 

That doesn't excuse her actions tho.

There is one other place she belongs to: before the throne of supreme baddie with a shadow power on her tail. If there was ever a canon evil pone to wield PoS, it should be Cozy. Granted, I'm saying this for Cozy without a convoluted tragic past that is immune to the teachings of Harmony.

7 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

Tell that to Starlight! Tell that to Discord! Tell that to Diamond Tiara! :P 

-Starlight was blinded by revenge and oblivious to the apocalyptic consequences of her actions

-Discord is more of a wild card. I kinda give you that with this guy, his defense being only his regret after Fluttershy played him

-Diamond Tiara didn’t try to conquer Equestria tho :mlp_icwudt:

3 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

-Starlight was blinded by revenge and oblivious to the apocalyptic consequences of her actions

-Discord is more of a wild card. I kinda give you that with this guy, his defense being only his regret after Fluttershy played him

-Diamond Tiara didn’t try to conquer Equestria tho :mlp_icwudt:

So what? Y'think Cozy's much worse than Starlight and Discord? We don't even know her past yet! But we will, I'm pretty sure of that! Then people would probably feel a bit of sympathy for her! ;) Cozy's pretty much at the same level as Chrysalis in terms of threat level!

The fact of the matter is that we’ve had antagonists in the past, who have done far worse than Cozy and suffered absolutely no consequences for their actions because they had a sympathetic backstory or a sudden change of heart. You can’t redeem a white nationalist, who almost perpetuated Equestria into an international conflict while in the same episode sending a child to a prison, where literal monsters are housed. 

It also paints our protagonists as total idiots. They’re aware that Cozy Glow and Tirek were working together and yet, they still put them in the exact same place where they can plot together. Tirek has escaped Tartarus before there’s nothing to suggest he couldn’t do it again. 

And you honestly can’t expect me to believe that Starlight, Tempest, the POS all didn’t deserve to rott in Tartarus for everything they did. Starlight’s shortsighted and moronic actions would’ve reduced Equestria to any of those horrible alternate timelines(pick one they’re all terrible), Tempest led an army of foreign invaders which attacked and imprisoned innocent civilians(who knows how much more awful shit she did under the Storm King, and despite her role in his regime she gets off scottfree and it’s the Storm King who ends up dead). And last but certainly not least, the horrible Pony of Shadows. He stole powerful artefacts from his friends, tried to kill them and also tried to kill Twilight and he still was redeemed with no punishment. But yes, the child deserved to go prison.

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Why would Spike know what to do with Cozy? :dash:

For one: if she's an orphan too who has trouble fitting in, who better to relate to her?

Two: if there really is a seventh element like the Tree of Harmony plans suggest as well as Twilight's cutie mark, Spike is most certainly gonna be the one, and by extension, he could reform someone, and it might as well be her! ;)

If he's a "main character" like the staff keeps suggesting, then his moment of glory is just about to come!

Sigh* I am not one of those people that says that we should lock up children in the maximum security prison because frankly they don't belong there. They are not going to make her better, they are just getting rid of the problem out of sight out of mind so it would not bother them anymore. 

You know what the difference between Starlight and Cozy is? Starlight managed to back Twilight into the corner and then Twilight was forced to beg Starlight to stand down. Cozy Glow simply lost plain and simple

Edited by R.D.Dash

2 hours ago, R.D.Dash said:

Sigh* I am not one of those people that says that we should lock up children in the maximum security prison because frankly they don't belong there. They are not going to make her better, they are just getting rid of the problem out of sight out of mind so it would not bother them anymore. 

You know what the difference between Starlight and Cozy is? Starlight managed to back Twilight into the corner and then Twilight was forced to beg Starlight to stand down. 

Beg? More like convince her.

Yeah, let's just lock a child up in Hell.  That'll rehabilitate her.  I'm starting to think the leaders of Equestria have some serious issues.  As it is, if they have some MacGuffin that can just steal all magic from the world, it's the ADULTS' responsibility to SECURE IT BETTER!  And putting Cozy Glow next to Tirek, maybe not the best idea.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, SBaby said:

Yeah, let's just lock a child up in Hell.  That'll rehabilitate her.  I'm starting to think the leaders of Equestria have some serious issues.  As it is, if they have some MacGuffin that can just steal all magic from the world, maybe the ADULTS should SECURE IT BETTER?  HMM?  And putting Cozy Glow next to Tirek, maybe not the best idea.

Why should she be allowed to be among society if she is not sorry and keeps doing irreprehensible deeds?

10 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

Why should she be allowed to be among society if she is not sorry and keeps doing irreprehensible deeds?

The adults need to be the ones to set the example, not the other way around.  And you don't do that by locking a child away in Hell and forgetting about them.  That's just...  psychotic.

And actually, I don't think it'll be Spike that reforms her.  I think it'll be the CMCs.  I think Spike is going to do something else.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, SBaby said:

The adults need to be the ones to set the example, not the other way around.  And you don't do that by locking a child away in Hell and forgetting about them.  That's just...  psychotic.

Ah ah ah, see that's where the execution is all little off. How do you know she is being forgotten about. There is nothing said to the fact that they're locking her up forever to be forgotten. From what we saw of Tartarus it is not Hell where you are tortured and uncared for, it is literally just a maximum security prison, where most of the inmates are just bored rather than suffering. Who says they aren't just keeping her somewhere where she can't escape easier, and a simple place it's easy to visit to try and work with her? We don't know! This is the exact same poor execution the Season 5 finale had where everyone immediately jumped to the conclusion that Starlight was just part of the group permanently and nothing was going to be tackled about past consequences or decisions, she's just perfect. Well the Season 6 premiere killed that mindset (for the most part). I say wait until the Season 9 premiere to know if Cozy really is being treated as a lost cause to be forgotten or really just as the dangerous criminal she is that needs a secured place to work with her easier.