Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make MLP great again

Blue_Phoenix

14 minutes ago, This Whomps said:

Build a wall and make the  Transformers pay for it

That made me laugh, not gonna lie. 

• Brohoof 3

When was this great time you speak of? I understand there was a popularity wave that hit back when mlp got on Netflix. But as with all crazes it he ballooned and deflated a bit. The important thing that we've done that other shows and fandoms failed to do is that we've endured. 

We've got some good things going for us. No one listens to "art of the dress" on repeat because they lack other songs, my brony playlist can go on for hours. We even have a mlp Pandora station. Full length movie, spin off series that's actually good. Equestria daily, derpibooru, mlp forum; It's a great time to be a brony. 

• Brohoof 5

So make mlp great again. Nah it's not working. 

We have to consider two things. First the average person is thinking we all are total idiots or children. Yeah as harsh as it is. Think a second about what the average person thinks about mlp. So it's hard do get average people to watch the show EVEN when there is a big chance they would enjoy it. 

Second damn I forgot what I wanted to say. damn. Oh well....  The show is ending as we all know. well not the show only the generation so we have a small chance to change it with the next generation. In the moment because of the ending of the generation also Cons are ending and many older Bronys are leaving the community. 

But sure we are a big community. But it gets harder to grow with time.

Maybe filthy rich can get us some bits but only if he stops buying statutes for diamand tiara (if you know what I mean)

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, This Whomps said:

Build a wall and make the  Transformers pay for it

Nice one. Donald Trump memes on point.

Seriously though, I don't see what is wrong with MLP at this point. People keep on saying it's the end of times for MLP, but I'm still enjoying it all the same!

• Brohoof 2

I was going to jump on this, but I see you're referring to the fanbase and not the animated series. I think the fanbase is ok as it is, so I can't really offer much to "make it great again". What's wrong with it that you need to strive for it to improve? 

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, PhoenixGER said:

In the moment because of the ending of the generation also Cons are ending and many older Bronys are leaving the community.

Tis debatable. Shalt depend on the G5 arrant.

As for making the show itself great again - 3 crucial points, in mine books, are to be followed:

1. closer to the roots

2. following 1 - less political horse apples in the show. It was about the friendship initially, for bucks sake!

3. Give ponies (main) the screen time equally, MLP should stop being MLS... if 't be true ye get mine drift :nom:

4 hours ago, TwilySparky said:

Nice one. Donald Trump memes on point.

Seriously though, I don't see what is wrong with MLP at this point. People keep on saying it's the end of times for MLP, but I'm still enjoying it all the same!

Yep, we can say that almost the fandom is keeping it alive, which it not a bad point from a point of view.
From other side, it we are talking about how the popularity of the show is going down, my viewpoint is that they tried to entertain greater topics from season 5, like Equality or how to turn something into a weapon...anyway, basically ~20 minutes is not enough for these topics and they were generally only presented in 1-2 episodes. Similar to the movie, it was too short.
On the other hand, this will not fit into the original thing, how the show started.
Some times I have a feeling that the creator just scamp it.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Rixton said:

Yep, we can say that almost the fandom is keeping it alive, which it not a bad point from a point of view.
From other side, it we are talking about how the popularity of the show is going down, my viewpoint is that they tried to entertain greater topics from season 5, like Equality or how to turn something into a weapon...anyway, basically ~20 minutes is not enough for these topics and they were generally only presented in 1-2 episodes. Similar to the movie, it was too short.
On the other hand, this will not fit into the original thing, how the show started.
Some times I have a feeling that the creator just scamp it.

I think there is also a point where the current crop of preteen boys and girls who are childhood fans grow up enough to want "collectables" and so forth, and will be overjoyed to know there is an active fandom they can join (assuming there still IS an active fandom by then, of course) - not all of them will do so, but enough to be a lucrative target market for hasbro.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's too late. Not because the show is winding down, but because the damage has been done. The thing that drove people away wasn't show quality, but the complete absence of a show. It was the stupidly short S3 combined with ridiculously long hiatus from S3 to S4 and S4 to S5. Almost a year between seasons. With no show, fans left in droves. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Bas said:

Actually, I think Lauren Faust dropped in S2 already, writing some episodes during that season and dropped completly in or after Season 3.

That aside, of course MLP moved on, it evolved. And I am certainly happy it did, to me modern episodes are of higher quality than classical ones.

TBH I feel one year hiatus is rather the norm than the exception for series.

Norm or not, there was still a huge drop off during those hiatuses. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, vgmaster9 said:

Bring back Megan McCarthy and the Lady Writers as story editors and fire Josh Haber.

But he wrote some of my favorite episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Fans have a tendency to come and go. They might return out of interest or won't find any motive at all. If they return naturally, that's great, but I think that it's too late to conceive a way to get many to return on a whim. 

On 10/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, Cash In said:

Fans have a tendency to come and go. They might return out of interest or won't find any motive at all. If they return naturally, that's great, but I think that it's too late to conceive a way to get many to return on a whim. 

I bet if Lauren returned, that would turn heads. Granted, I don't personally think of her as the engine that has been driving this thing all this time. I like some of the new directions the show took after she left. But I also know how the purists feel, and it would get them excited I'm sure.

• 1 year later...