Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Official Doctor Who season 11 Discussion Thread

cuteycindyhoney
Message added by Jeric

We have some Whoovians here so by order of Article 6355 of the Shadow Proclamation, I hereby make this our official Dr. Who Discussion Thread for Season 11. 

On 10/8/2018 at 5:41 PM, TBD said:

I have to say, I used to be one of these butthead who doesn't like the idea of "female" doctor. 

On 10/9/2018 at 3:25 PM, Codely said:

I will say.. I was one of those people that didn't want a female doctor. Though that was mainly due to me "not liking change", instead of thinking a female couldn't play the role of the Doctor. Despite saying that though, I still got a lot of hate because HOW DARE I question a female doctor.

I always thought of the doctor as a male character, he's always been male- he could change his face, but not his gender. It doesn't make you a "butthead" or a sexist for not liking it. Remember when the first doctor came back in "The Day of the Doctor" special and made semi-sexist comments about women? why would someone who could be either gender at any time make comments like that if they could apply to himself?

By no stretch of the imagination am I one of these people who whine about "the SJWs pushing their feminist agenda" garbage, but I can't get over the sneaking suspicion that this was a decision made arbitrarily. But I suppose this can of worms was opened by the guy we all love to hate when he made the master a woman for the sake of a plot twist. If there's any positive, it's that he's gone. 

• Brohoof 1

My thoughts on 'Arachnids in the UK'

Spoiler

They picked the perfect time of the year to air this, because it was very creepy with all the huge spiders. I didn't particularly care for it, but Chibnall did a good job with making a quality horror episode.

Grade: B-

My thoughts on "The Tsuranga Conundrum"

Spoiler

This was one of the weirder episodes that we've had in the reboot. It was well done from start to finish, with the introduction of a new monster, a few new characters as well. Overall, this was a pretty good episode

Grade: B

I am still yet to see the episode 6 but so far the season feels very average for me. I do starting to like main cast so it's a plus.

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 2 weeks later...

I missed last Sunday's episode (I don't have BBC America on the tv package we've got at home), but I was able to watch this week's episode, despite mother nature's best efforts (ongoing Blizzard).

My thoughts on "The Witchfinders"

Spoiler

I did not like this episode very much. It did hold some historical significance, as it dealt with England's witch trials of the 1600's. But, it was definitely significantly darker than any of the episodes of this season thus far.

Grade: C

• Brohoof 1

On 11/26/2018 at 4:26 AM, BlazeTurner said:

I watch it every Sunday. I don't see why people dislike the writing, perhaps i'm just bias. I personally love each episode so far.

I judge the episodes on a variety of factors, such as how coherent the story of each episode is.

• 3 weeks later...

So far the episodes is a bit weak (5-3/10), until I caught up to ep. 6 (10/10). So i hope the rest will get better.  

• 1 month later...