Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

g3/core 7 Alicorn in G3?

SkyPie

How would you have felt about an Alicorn being in G3? How do you think she would have been handled? I have pieces of a G3 Alicorn oc in my mind, so I have some idea. I believe the ponies are created from certain random nature occurrences, since it is known from Newborn Cuties that Unicorns are created from two rainbows touching each other. I have a bit of an idea that Pegasai come from a certain cloud formation. And I haven't thought of how Earth ponies would be made. So if two rainbows touching pass through the cloud formation, that would create an Alicorn, which is a 1% chance occurrence, explaining why there is none in canon.

That's a lot of rainbows crossing and certain cloud formations... forming. Though can we all pretend that G3.75 was never cannon? 

Probably would've altered the perception of alicorns in G4. 

Would've made sense for Sky Wishes or G3 Cheerilee to have been alicorns, being the wish granting Pegasai and leader of the unicorns respectively. Also could've seen it happen for G3 Rarity, somepony still learning magic still or Lilly Lightly, an oddity among other unicorns for her constantly glowing horn. 

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That's a lot of rainbows crossing and certain cloud formations... forming. Though can we all pretend that G3.75 was never cannon? 

Probably would've altered the perception of alicorns in G4. 

Would've made sense for Sky Wishes or G3 Cheerilee to have been alicorns, being the wish granting Pegasai and leader of the unicorns respectively. Also could've seen it happen for G3 Rarity, somepony still learning magic still or Lilly Lightly, an oddity among other unicorns for her constantly glowing horn. 

Do you mean Star Catcher? X3 Sky Wishes is an Earth pony.

As a kid playing with G3, I would have probably been mad because there were no alicorns in G1 but there's a chance I wouldn't have cared since I had a baby alicorn fakie as well. Either way, with how special they made the unicorns and pegasi in G3, it would have been a stretch to have more than maybe one alicorn.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, Khoufu said:

As a kid playing with G3, I would have probably been mad because there were no alicorns in G1 but there's a chance I wouldn't have cared since I had a baby alicorn fakie as well. Either way, with how special they made the unicorns and pegasi in G3, it would have been a stretch to have more than maybe one alicorn.

There was one Alicorn in the G1 spin off, My Little Pony Tales.

tumblr_m6on360RRt1qiclz0o1_r1_400.gif

I agree, I can't imagine more than one Alicorn. G3 would maybe have done another thing like Lily Lightly with the Alicorn struggling with being one of a kind and eventually accepting who she is.

• Brohoof 3

There were a couple of candidates I could think of already being alicorns in G3- Like Star Catcher, who seems to be like a super chill Celestia, and maybe Kimono because she's so wise? I mean, why not Razzaroo? The Alicorn princess of Birthdays? Oh, I wish G3 made a comeback again! I can totally see Alicorns in G3 though, yeah, that works:)

• Brohoof 3

On 10/9/2018 at 7:59 AM, SkyPie said:

How would you have felt about an Alicorn being in G3?

I wouldn't have minded at all. Star Catcher feels like she could easily have been an alicorn -- just something about her personality, not to mention the fact that her design was already so different compared to the others.

They released a line of "sort-of-alicorns" in G2 with those unicorns with the detachable wings: 

Silverglow-with-wings.jpgGolden-glowII.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 7:59 AM, SkyPie said:

I believe the ponies are created from certain random nature occurrences, since it is known from Newborn Cuties that Unicorns are created from two rainbows touching each other. I have a bit of an idea that Pegasai come from a certain cloud formation. And I haven't thought of how Earth ponies would be made. So if two rainbows touching pass through the cloud formation, that would create an Alicorn, which is a 1% chance occurrence, explaining why there is none in canon.

That's a really cool idea for explaining alicorn births, but I was pretty sure G3.5 isn't canon to the rest of G3?

• Brohoof 1

An Alicorn would be neat. But on one hand, it is kinda nice having three different kinds of ponies as leaders of the three kinds. Still, an Alicorn Star Catcher is probably the easiest to imagine. And Lily Lightly. But maybe a separate group of Alicorns would be not too bad either.

On 10/22/2018 at 1:19 AM, sci-fi-pony said:

but I was pretty sure G3.5 isn't canon to the rest of G3?

Yeah. I do believe so. There are alot of things that doesn't fit. Like there being a unicorn Cheerilee in the G3 Movies and an earth Cheerilee in the 3.5 (I tend to put the G3 shorts into 3.5 since they seem like one universe).

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...