Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cosmos is coming

Steve Piranha

Well, this is certainly a surprise, looks like our guys from IDW revealed that they are using a villain named Cosmos for next year issue #75, and I’m excited. Why I am excited? Because Cosmos was originally going to be the villain of the pony movie, and a sibling for Celestia and Luna to booth. Said character later evolved into best edgy horse, and the best movie character for many, but some of us where let down for throwing away such a great idea.

Well, the name is being used at least, but I wonder how much of the original concept will be used :mlp_huh:? I’m not sure how much the fans will appreciate a never seen sibling for the princesses, but...

Spoiler

Princess Eris, the villain of the Nightmare Knights series, is Discord’s cousin 

so that’s not too far off. It was even mentioned in the Art of My Little Pony the Movie that little trivia. That may show a possibility of at least being related, as it wouldn’t be the first time the pony comics takes something from the books. Right Princess Amore :dash:?

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/10/nycc-coverage-day-4-liveblog-of-making.html

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/10/cosmos-was-revealed-as-new-mlp-villian.html

MLP76.jpg

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/12/exclusive-my-little-pony-friendship-is.html

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3

Adding another sibling to the royal family; I'm not a big fan of doing Star Wars-ish things with expanding family trees of major characters. Or piling on more Alicorns for that matter. Also not sure what his talent would be compared to Celestia and Luna with a name like that. I think Tempest was much more interesting than Cosmos. And IMO I'd rather see Sombra get another shot at world domination. He got almost no screentime and was Deus Ex Machina'd way too quickly.

Even bigger threat than Discord? He's going to make Discord look like Batman: TAS' Harley Quinn? Doesn't every villain do that now that Discord is reformed? :toldya:

I'm kidding with the smartass remark, I know what they're likely trying to imply is that this guy is similar to Discord in personality. Still, it's very weird to know that they're going to take a scrapped movie character, the original Edgy Horse, and turn him into the Joker, the opposite of Tempest Shadow's serious personality. I also don't know about sibling relationships. However, if he really is going to be the opposite of Tempest Shadow personality-wise, it wouldn't be too far off to speculate about him possibly being Tempest Shadow's brother. :ooh:

@Steve Piranha

This may or may not have anything to do with the "cut from movie" Cosmos. Just saw Katie Cook's twitter; looks like this is a new villain that has nothing to do with that villain so the name matching could be a coincidence.

Granted that could be a red herring, but we'll see.

2 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

@Steve Piranha

This may or may not have anything to do with the "cut from movie" Cosmos. Just saw Katie Cook's twitter; looks like this is a new villain that has nothing to do with that villain so the name matching could be a coincidence.

Granted that could be a red herring, but we'll see.

I do believe that’s a red herring to a certain point, because I’m not expecting him to be made into a brother of the sisters, but I do expect him to be one of the prototypes seen in the book, most likely the mix match since he’s been compared to Discord

medium.jpeg

However, I’d personally prefer if he was an alicorn instead. They can take away his direct connection to the sisters for what I care, but I think it’d be more interesting an evil alicorn. Hell, he could be a bat alicorn since we got a statue and a plushie of those :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

On 10/10/2018 at 2:57 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

Even bigger threat than Discord? He's going to make Discord look like Batman: TAS' Harley Quinn? Doesn't every villain do that now that Discord is reformed? :toldya:

I'm kidding with the smartass remark, I know what they're likely trying to imply is that this guy is similar to Discord in personality. Still, it's very weird to know that they're going to take a scrapped movie character, the original Edgy Horse, and turn him into the Joker, the opposite of Tempest Shadow's serious personality.

Wasn't that basically the Storm King though? He was kind of a bumbling idiot, but his playful side reminded me a lot of Discord, plus a lot of Tirek rehashing with siphoning magic from the four Princesses and then betraying his main ally.

• 1 month later...

Here’s a teaser of Cosmos. Seems IDW is pushing this story to high levels

Capture.JPG

Here’s another tease with one of the covers

2.jpg

it’s official, no Royal Sisters relatives here :mlp_yeehaa:

• 2 months later...

So; the first issue of this arc has released today! Any first impressions? :3

Spoiler

Gotta say I loved how it started. Granted I know plenty of people are sick of seeing the princesses nerfed again, but...eh; never bothered me. I want to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

Cosmos...omg; I'm loving her. XD

The preview images state that the backstory happened a long time ago. We know Celestia and Luna are old al ready, but if this comic is to be believed, then Novo, Aspen, and the Abyssinian King are likewise. Hmm....

• 10 months later...
On 10/9/2018 at 11:54 PM, Steve Piranha said:

Well, the name is being used at least, but I wonder how much of the original concept will be used :mlp_huh:? I’m not sure how much the fans will appreciate a never seen sibling for the princesses, but...

She looks a lot more like another draconequis, and those paper dolls make me assume she'll challenge Discord.