Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic 8th Anniversay Celebration Thread!

MangoFoalix

8 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Good evening my subjects. I thank you for celebrating 8 years of magic and my being reunited with my sister. It would please your princess to hear your favorite MLPFIM jokes. 

Bad Pun Luna | WHAT DO YOU CALL IT WHEN YOUR SISTER REFUSES TO LOWER THE MOON? LUNACY. | image tagged in bad pun luna,memes,mlp,my little pony,princess luna,olympianproduct | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Does anypony know why Fluttershy speaks so softly?

It's because she's a little hoarse!

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

Happy Anniversary, everypony! 

I remember first discovering MLP through watching parody videos on YouTube. This was back when season one was almost ending. A saw a lot of MLP crossovers with shows and games I like. That made me curious about MLP, I started watching the show and more fan-made works. I fell in love with it. 

Without exaggerating, MLP changed my life significantly for the better. I met my closest friends and romantic partners through MLP. 

Whatever happens to MLP, it will always have a special place in my heart. And I will always consider myself a fan. 

• Brohoof 2

40 minutes ago, Princess Luna said:

Good evening my subjects. I thank you for celebrating 8 years of magic and my being reunited with my sister. It would please your princess to hear your favorite MLPFIM jokes. 

Bad Pun Luna | WHAT DO YOU CALL IT WHEN YOUR SISTER REFUSES TO LOWER THE MOON? LUNACY. | image tagged in bad pun luna,memes,mlp,my little pony,princess luna,olympianproduct | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Why, hey, Luna! Enjoying some moonshine tonight? :P

Fandom-wise, it's among the following:

1. This collection of censor bleeps, a video that first introduced me to bronydom.

2. This gem by a comic artist (who sadly canceled their account):
    325523__safe_artist-colon-pluckyninja_fl

3. Rarity fighting a giant crab. This is a gem:
    397985__safe_artist-colon-catfood-dash-m

Show-wise, I got a few. Not in order:

• Twilight explains about the Earth Pony/Unicorn/Pegasi Guard (a.k.a., the EUP Guard). Say "EUP" as it's one one. Eeyup! :D
  • Derpy accidentally locks out the M6 just before the wedding starts.
  • Pinkie's Wonderbolt rap. :laugh:
  • Cheese Sandwich singing Pinkie's Smile Song.
  • Spitfire's "tough love" sequence satirizing Chris Farley's famous SNL skit.
  • "Afraid to get dirty?!"
  • Discord throwing shade at the greeting-card industry.
  • "The party password is "rutabaga." :laugh:
  • "Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep." Dash and AJ poke fun at her song, when they actually sing with her. XD
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

My friend introduced me to it a bit before season 3 came around! I used to laugh at him and the show in general but I couldn't stop thinking about ponies like two days after watching it for the first time, if I remember correctly. Now, here I am! :D

Edited by That Guy with the Fries
  • Brohoof 2

Good Morning my faithful students. I am so glad that you have supported Twilights journey and all learned the magic of friendship. Hopefully, you can share your friendship lessons today with somepony else. 

Image result for Princess Celestia meme

• Brohoof 6

11 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Awww yea its Dash's' turn. Well, Twilight wanted me to say something about being loyal to the fandom that's boring so I want to know whats the coolest episode, pony or fandom member you know. ( Hint its ME! ) 

I think I have to go with Roid Rage Bulk Biceps. That guy just seems to be chill with... whatever he decides to be at any given point, by the looks of it, in this world or another. Not necessarily as awesome as some ponies, but the definition of coolness.

8 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Spoiler

140479559778.png.b4efe03839f898fba456724a2ab36fac.png

19 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

Image result for Princess Celestia meme

NohuggingtheQuinch!!

• Brohoof 3

I know I'm late in saying this, but Happy 8th Anniversary to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic! I can't believe it's been 8 years since the series had started airing on TV. I remember I wasn't really a fan of the show since it first began. I don't even think I've heard of the show until around 2011. It was around the time when I was playing card games with my friends at a local card shop. The game was Cardight Vanguard and two friends had brought MLP up in a discussion. When I was listening to the discussion, I immediately brushed it aside. I didn't understand why someone would like a show like MLP and I didn't look into it. However, the two friends had told me that I would love the show, but I said otherwise. Over the entire year or so, they tried to get me to watch the show. I remember they showed me some songs and pony related videos. The song they showed me was "This Day in Aria," from the season 2 finale. Then, one day one of the friends came over to hang out and showed me Epic Pie Time. I had to admit that while it was random, it was pretty funny.

They kept asking me to watch the show for several months, but I stayed true on my decision. Then, back in the fall of 2012, I decided to give the show a chance. I at least wanted to get my friends off of my back from their constant asking about the show. I told them that if I don't like the show, then they'd stop pestering me about it. They both agreed and I sat down and began a marathon of the first three seasons. By the time I got to the third episode, I was instantly hooked into the show. I could honestly see why everyone would love this show. The characters were interesting and fun to watch, the lessons were very insightful and hit close to home and the setting and breathtaking. It almost made you want to know what else the world of MLP had to offer.

While the two friends, who showed me the series don't watch the show that much anymore. I still continue to watch the series and be a part of the community to this day. I remember once before season 4 aired, I was talking to two other friends on Skype. We talked about what anime we were all going to watch at one point in the year and I brought up MLP. One of the two friends freaked out and asked if I liked MLP. I told him yes and we had so many discussions of the show. The funny part is that I met this person in a Naruto gaming clan on Xbox, in 2013, or so. We didn't really talk that much, but when MLP came along, it felt like we were great friends from the get go. When the fourth season aired on TV, we made it a promise to react to every single episode in a Skype call. It was sort of like a tradition and it was fun to see random parts in an episode that we didn't notice before. We managed to keep it up until around season 7. We haven't had time to react to episodes, but we still get to discuss what we thought after watching said episode. 

Around the time season 5 was going to air, that same friend told me about this forum. I didn't know much about this forum at the time because I've never been on a forum before. After giving it some thought one day, I decided to give it a try. It was also on this forum that my OC was brought to life. During season 4, a couple of friends and I on Skype were making OC's. While it was on pony creator, it was fun to see how we'd look if we were in the MLP universe. My character went through a completely new look and while I'll miss the old version, I truly like the new and true version of my OC. I thank the forum, my friends and all the commissioners and request shops that helped make my character the way his is. The forum has become a special home that I enjoy visiting every day. A place to share ideas, discuss awesome topics and talk to friends, who can understand and relate with you on so many different things.

I remember after graduating high school back in 2011, I went to anime convention, whenever I had time, or if I was close to said convention. I had never been to any MLP related conventions, but it did sound like something fun to do one day. Back in the summer of 2016, I went to my very first MLP convention. That convention was Bronycon in Baltimore, Maryland. I admit, while anime conventions were fun, I didn't really get to do much. I only bought merchandise, took pictures of friends and cosplayers and that was about it. When going to brony conventions, however, it was a whole other experience. Everyone was so friendly, kind, and amazing. The panels were fun and interesting and there was so much to do. Ever since that day, I've been going to more and more MLP conventions as I could. 

I remember 2017 being a really difficult time in my life. My dad was not doing so well, but we thought it was nothing. However, during the spring/summer of that year, we found out that he had lung cancer. We tried to do our best to help take care of my dad, but sadly he passed away in August of that year. I remember Bronycon being the week after his passing, but it didn't feel right to go. After everything that had happened, I didn't want to do anything that would disgrace my father's memories, or something along those lines. However, before he passed away, he told me something. In his last request to me, he wanted me to take care of the house while he was gone and to go to the convention. He wanted me to have the most fun that I could ever have possible. I was honestly shocked. Even in his final moments, he put the happiness of others before his own. I made a promise that I would win a tournament in his honor. When I went to the convention, I stopped by the vendor hall and stumbled upon a table that had necklaces. For some reason, I was drawn towards a Starlight Glimmer dogtag and cutie mark emblem necklace. When I competed in the tournament, I held the necklace close to my heart and said: "Please guide me and please show me the way." As I played, it felt like there were two presences watching over me. One was my dad, who watched over me from up above. The second was Starlight, who was sitting next to me and guiding me through the tournament. I was able to win and got a pass to next year's convention, but I didn't care about the prize. No amount of fame or glory could take away the fulfilled promise that I made to my dad.

I remember going through so many characters, that I didn't know who was my absolute favorite. I remember it was Twilight, since she was the first character I saw when the the show began. During the episode, "Lesson Zero," I felt I could relate to Twilight. Over the seasons, other characters have become special and great, in my opinion. One such pony would be Fluttershy. I wasn't really a fan of her back in the beginning of the series. However, when season 4 rolled around, she was funny, awesome and enjoyable to watch. It was difficult to decide between two favorite characters. When season 7 happened, something had changed. I remember watching the first two episodes with a group of bronies at BABScon. When the episode, "All Bottled Up" aired, I felt like I could relate to the lesson of said episode. I didn't know why, but it felt like Starlight would become an important part of my life. When I lost my dad and the events of Bronycon 2017 happened, it felt like Starlight was there for me. I could relate to her, understand her and share in some of the lessons she went through. I knew right then and there that she would be my favorite character overall. While I still like Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and so many other characters. Starlight will always hold a special place in my heart. 

I'm sorry if I wrote a lot, but I felt it was good to write the journey I've gone through these past 6 years. Things haven't been easy, but I know I'll be able to get through it. This is a journey that I don't regret and one that I'm happy to have gone on. It's sad that Friendship is Magic might end next year, but I'm glad the series has appeared. I feel like I've become a better person from watching this show. I've learned a lot, made friends and made memories that can last a lifetime. If there are some things that I've learned from being a part of the fandom, then it would be this. Some friends come and go, but true friends will always be with you. The journey can be tough, but the experiences and lessons make the journey all the more worthwhile. Even in the worst of times, you must hold hope strong in your heart and never give up. 

Once again, Happy Anniversary to MLP: FiM. No matter what happens next for the series, we'll always be bronies to the core. The show will continue to live on inside each and every one of our hearts. I look forward to seeing what generation 5 has to offer and see what the future holds. :) 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 3

Happy anniversary everypony! :mlp_yay:

Truth is, i became a brony not too long ago, about 2-3 months ago actually, and the story to it is quite interesting, i can still remember how it all began...

I was laying on my couch, watching youtube and playing TF2 (the usual) when i got a bright idea to watch every 2017 movie that i missed in theaters since, i had a lot of time on my hands then, and i had nothing fun to do to. And thus, i have started my quest, and believe me, there were a TON of movies that i missed, some were good, others, not so much, but then i stumbled upon the one, the only: My LIttle Pony: The Movie. At first i was skeptical, i mean, MLP as a movie, seriously? But, having nothing else to do, i watched through the entire thing, and in the end, i liked it, A LOT. (Truth be told, i knew quite a bit about the show long before that, but those were just the basics, i.e. the main characters and their names)

After a brief period of thinking about how i could have liked such a movie i decided to google around a bit and discovered these forums, and, well, the rest is history...

(P.S. i downloaded the first season pretty much the next day that i joined the forums, as of right now im halfway through the second season :mlp_yay:)

(P.P.S oh wow thats a whole bunch of text i just wrote :please:)

• Brohoof 4

I was a big anti Brony guy at first like big time. Til one day I watched a few parody videos and laughed about how dumb the show was. I was watching you tube one night and I saw a clip of mlp in my feed and I was curious so I watched it. I thought hey this is a really good show so I looked it up on Netflix and started watching the series. I never ever thought I would be a brony but now I really appreciate how good the show is plus the fandom as well. I feel this is something I can be a fan of for many many years. 

• Brohoof 2

Wow! Eight years! For me it's been seven years since I saw a funny clip in my YouTube recommendations.  I downloaded the whole first season just to see if "Flutterguy" was a fan dub. I didn't expect to fall in love with Twilight Sparkle the show after just the first two episodes! It's been a great ride so far!

(Here's the clip that drew me into the fandom)

I remember thinking "Ew! What the heck's wrong with that pink pony's tongue?"

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 3

12 hours ago, VSkyGazer said:

Happy anniversary everypony! :mlp_yay:

Truth is, i became a brony not too long ago, about 2-3 months ago actually, and the story to it is quite interesting, i can still remember how it all began...

I was laying on my couch, watching youtube and playing TF2 (the usual) when i got a bright idea to watch every 2017 movie that i missed in theaters since, i had a lot of time on my hands then, and i had nothing fun to do to. And thus, i have started my quest, and believe me, there were a TON of movies that i missed, some were good, others, not so much, but then i stumbled upon the one, the only: My LIttle Pony: The Movie. At first i was skeptical, i mean, MLP as a movie, seriously? But, having nothing else to do, i watched through the entire thing, and in the end, i liked it, A LOT. (Truth be told, i knew quite a bit about the show long before that, but those were just the basics, i.e. the main characters and their names)

After a brief period of thinking about how i could have liked such a movie i decided to google around a bit and discovered these forums, and, well, the rest is history...

(P.S. i downloaded the first season pretty much the next day that i joined the forums, as of right now im halfway through the second season :mlp_yay:)

(P.P.S oh wow thats a whole bunch of text i just wrote :please:)

Mlp had a movie before.  I986. The original my Little Pony: The Movie

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
12 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I didn't expect to fall in love with Twilight Sparkle the show after just the first two episodes! It's been a great ride so far!

I thought I was done with falling for toons long ago... or actually... anyone for that matter. Then out of nowhere this blur of color stole my heart and tore off at Mach 1, daring me to catch her. That race has been going ever since.

• Brohoof 3

• The topic was locked