Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever willingly harm any of the M7/8 or any other character because they did something that was infuriating?

PCutter

Deliberately harming a character in any way  

29 users have voted

1. 1. Would you ever willingly harm any of the M7/8 or any other character because they did something that was infuriating? (Physically, emotionally, verbally, etc.)

• Yes, because they need to be made aware of how moronic what(ever) they did really was and that I can finally get my anger towards them out of my system.
    • No, because I know it would result in permanently broken relations, heavy weight upon my conscience or, at worst, being thrown in prison.

I realize this is a bit morbid, but I guess I'm a bit too curious so I want to get this off me.

We all know that the characters have messed up many times for whatever reason, but I'm aware that there are those who'd finally have had enough of someone's bad moments that they'd finally snap and, for example, slap or punch them because they're done putting up with their ill-conceived actions. Or at least do it every time they mess up.

And all of us in real life are capable of attacking someone in whatever way because we also get tired of their messing up at some point.

If one of the pony characters or any other did something bad, would you willingly hurt them physically, emotionally, verbally, etc.? (Feel free to disclose or withhold how you'd want to do it. At least use examples from the eps.)

If not, why not?

Edited by PCutter

Why the hell would I or anyone wants to wastes our energy on fictional characters? 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 3

I'm going to say no, I'd never willingly hit any of the main characters for this show just because they screwed up, not under any normal circumstances. The kind of screw up it'd take for me to get that angry at them is probably the kind of screw up they'd never make.

Just now, TBD said:

Why the hell would I or anyone wants to wastes our energy on a fictional characters? 

I think it's pretty obvious the point of the original post is that, in this hypothetical scenario, the characters are actually real and you're capable of interacting with them.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, BasementSparkle said:

I think it's pretty obvious the point of the original post is that, in this hypothetical scenario, the characters are actually real and you're capable of interacting with them.

Should be a little clearer on that.

3 minutes ago, BasementSparkle said:

Yes this is assuming that they are hypothetically real and you can interact with them

Self defense at the worst, but only as far as was needed to get things under control and figure out what the heck was going on. Generally it would ptobably be me screaming "what were you thinking?!"

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian
  • Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, bornAgainEquestrian said:

Self defense at the worst, but only as far as was needed to get things under control and figure out what the heck was going on. Generally it would ptobably be me screaming "what were you thinking?!"

And what about the harming part?

28 minutes ago, PCutter said:

And what about the harming part?

The title seems to imply doing it out of rage. I could never do that. But say if one of them was somehow on a rampage or something, I'd try to put a stop to it and there would probably be some ouches involved in that.

The only thing that could bring me to physically attack somebody is if they committed a serious offense against me with malicious intent. Things like killing somebody important to me, destroying my livelihood, or getting me thrown in prison for a crime I never committed. You'd have to be a depraved lunatic to do any of these things and not feel sorry about it.

But you're talking about ponies "messing up". That implies their actions are accidental, so at worst, I'd cuss them out for being an idiot and tell them to go away.

(assuming you mean we'd be friends, as i don't really snap at strangers since i don't care enough for them to do so)
I don't get angry easily, but if they'd keep pushing it, i can say some pretty hurtfull things when i snap, not physical violence, or lashing swearwords and the like, but deep hurtfull truths that either work as a slap of realisation for whatever they were doing that angered me(and other, older stuff they might have done) and then the friendship would continue stronger than ever. or if they're stuborn, it could ruin the friendship forever as the thing i'd say, while true, would be pointy fangs full of poison

If you asked me a year ago, I probably would be willing to inflict verbal abuse to anyone upon being infuriated. Now...I don't think I would be able to bring myself to do that, although I would be disappointed towards their actions.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't be willing to harm any of them ever. There's nothing they could do that would justify anything hurtful on my part. If I think they needed to be aware of something for their own good (and/or the good of others) I'd tell them as respectfully as possible. That's the way that works best for me. Getting mad and lashing out makes me no better than someone who offends me. I don't have the wisdom to appoint myself judge over anyone else. If I'm annoyed, it's best to just turn the other cheek and let it dissipate in its own time rather than let emotions take control.

I just happen to interpret people getting angry at their screwups being equal to them willingly hitting them or something because they refuse to see them messing up so many times.

Doesn't anyone find it the most atom-sized bit hypocritical that everyone needs characters to be flawed and to mess up to be good characters , but say "F this, I'm done with putting up with their BS our friendship is done" the moment they do something bad/wrong, either once or after a number of times?

I've encountered too many people say they can go F themselves just because they messed up even once (or realistically, n number of times). It's like their mindset is "You mess up even once, and we're through. I'll never want you in my life again."

On 10/11/2018 at 2:21 AM, CloudMistDragon said:

I already don't get mad at the actions of fictional characters since I prefer to focus on actual problems in my real life. And now you're talking about the Mane 7/8. I. hope. you. are. joking. 
:mlp_blink:

I guess my time with Person A still haunts me. Sometimes his hate still echoes through my head, even though I rightfully cut off all contact with him. So I assumed that people would be like him. No I wasn't joking.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:36 AM, Cash In said:

If you asked me a year ago, I probably would be willing to inflict verbal abuse to anyone upon being infuriated. Now...I don't think I would be able to bring myself to do that, although I would be disappointed towards their actions.

Are you implying that your past self will intentionally do something violent ? Just how much do you think you've changed?

On 10/11/2018 at 7:59 AM, shyabetes3939 said:

I will never under any circumstances hit any of the Mane 7 or any female character. As for somepony like Snips or Snails, I'd be more than willing to slap those two idiots across the face.

What about k-ling them outright? Sorry if I went too far

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, PCutter said:

Are you implying that your past self will intentionally do something violent ?

...Pretty much.

48 minutes ago, PCutter said:

Just how much do you think you've changed?

A fair bit, I guess. I'm much less of an angry person than I used to be.

Edited by Cash In

21 minutes ago, Cash In said:

...Pretty much.

A fair bit, I guess. I'm much less of an angry person than I used to be.

So what are you now? You still feel like k-ling someone or is that urge not as a compelling as it was before?

9 minutes ago, PCutter said:

So what are you now? You still feel like k-ling someone or is that urge not as a compelling as it was before?

...Well, the temptation of harming someone has lost it's appeal to me, although the feeling occasionally returns, but to a much less vicious extent. 

Edited by Cash In