Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Kirin stayed silent, would you pet them?

KillerKingBakudan

That’s like asking, if a tree fell in the forest and nobody was there, does it make a sound?

Yes :P .

(if by sound you mean the propagation of sound waves. /nobody/ would be able to turn those waves into the perception that is the sound of a tree falling)

1 hour ago, Splashee said:

Anything that can't speak, won't mind you pet them

Mute people *nervous sweating* 

Anyway, to stay ontopic yes I would pet them. However, only if I could be 100% sure that they were okay with it. If I remember correctly they can nod or shake their heads at least.  

3 hours ago, FlitterFlutter said:

Mute people *nervous sweating* 

Anyway, to stay ontopic yes I would pet them. However, only if I could be 100% sure that they were okay with it. If I remember correctly they can nod or shake their heads at least.  

Or they could burn you alive:oh_golly:.

So yeah I'ma ask them too if it's okay.:muffins:

No only if they allowed me to and even then they would have to insistently ask me to do that. Kirins are sentient intelligent creatures, not wild animals like rabbits or birds. That would be disrespectful.

Also, for the record, I wouldn't pet a pony or any other sentient creature either unless they insisted upon it. Fetishizing and objectifying sentient creatures is NOT cool. :smolder: How would you feel if someone tried to pet you on the head without your permission? :mlp_wat:

No, that is creepy and disrespectful. Do you go around petting strangers in the street, too? Would you pet a homeless person as well? Or they aren't "cute" enough for you. Imagine how would be like to treat a kirin or a pony with the same level of respect you would a human being. Not as as a pet to satisfy for you weird necessities. But as another intelligent creature deserving of recognition.

So, no. I wouldn't them. That is unless there is a tacit contract involving the kirin accepting money in exchange for some... petting.

• Brohoof 1