Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Do you like popcorn?

DivineMist1000

I do like popcorn but only if it is literally smothered in butter and salt. I cannot eat popcorn plain. I also enjoy caramel popcorn or the popcorn with white chocolate and milk chocolate drizzle.

• Brohoof 2

I love it! I eat it in the theater and during certain TV shows or movies that I watch. My favorite kind is the unhealthy popcorn that is caked with butter and salt, especially movie theater popcorn! If it has little to no butter or salt, I don't like it.

Edited by EpicEnergy
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Venomous said:

I do like popcorn but only if it is literally smothered in butter and salt. I cannot eat popcorn plain. I also enjoy caramel popcorn or the popcorn with white chocolate and milk chocolate drizzle.

I think it's called Zebra popcorn. Never tried that one!

Just now, EpicEnergy said:

I love it! I eat it in the theater and during certain TV shows or movies that I watch. My favorite kind is the unhealthy popcorn that is caked with butter and salt, especially movie theater popcorn! If it has little to no butter or salt, I don't like it.

I don't like popcorn plain either, it has to be drenched in butter for me to eat it!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Nightmare glim said:

I love popcorn popcorn is awesome I always eat it and when I go to the theater and I usually get an extra large to split with me and my friends and sometimes my parents. I also love to eat popcorn at home to.

I'm eating some right now! I could share it with you, but i don't want to get my monitor dirty!

• Brohoof 2

I love plain popcorn with a little sea salt. I make it myself. Take a quarter cup popcorn kernels. Put them in a plain brown paper lunch bag.  Roll down the top. Put it in the microwave. High, for about 5 minutes. Listen carefully. When the popping starts to slow down. STOP THE MICROWAVE! Unpopped kernels are better than a smoking mess!

Dump in bowl. Add sea salt...Munch away!

YUM!

Unpopped kernels in the bottom of the bag? Make sure to get all the popped ones out. Roll down bag again. Shove back in microwave. Do it again! 

(or save them for next time!)

You might have to double the bags. The ones I bought at the dollar store tend to rip if you don't.

• Brohoof 2

I used to enjoy it all the time even though it sometimes got stuck in my teeth. Unfortunately, I can't have popcorn anymore due to my teeth having needed many fillings and root canals within the past couple of years.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes but I've bitten on hard kernels that didn't find their way to the bottom of the bowl before and the shell or whatever has this tendency to get lodged in your throat and sometimes it just depends. I've had all sorts of popcorn. Sometimes its magical and you can't get enough, and other times it can be like eating Styrofoam.

• Brohoof 1

Speaking of popcorn... This is a cover of the song "popcorn" by "Hot Butter" from the album of the same name. My mom had this album when I was small. I think she still has it. I'll ask her tomorrow. This is the sound of my childhood! I remember that cover air. I was a little frightened of it. I thought those guys were going to die in the butter!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

Popcorn is alright. I used to make homemade popcorn with an air popcorn machine for movie nights, believe it or not. Over time though, my tastes have come to gravitate towards other snacks. Even for watching something long, I usually prefer potato chips for a dry snack. Occasionally, I get movie popcorn at the theaters, but it sometimes makes me nauseous and encourages me to get some candy instead. 

Oh, I love popcorn. :wub: Especially the extra movie theather butter kind. Best place to get it is in the movie theater though. Totally blows microwave popcorn out of the water. 

• Brohoof 1

I actually do, especially eating them while watching movies at the theatre, obviously.

Regular and theater popcorn are my least favorites. 

Kettle corn, cracker Jacks, chocolate coated, cheddar corn. I enjoy all those. 

Heck, I found a place that sells exotic popcorn flavors like chili pepper, vanilla, mint, blueberry, candy cane, etc. I actually got banana flavored. It was really good. 

• Brohoof 1

I only really like two flavors of popcorn, but when I say I like them, I mean I LOVE them. *-* Those are classic movie theater butter popcorn and cheesy popcorn. In particular, in my book, Popcorn Indiana is the best store bought popcorn you can buy. It comes as close to movie theater quality as you could get I think.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind plain popcorn. I haven't had it in a while, though. I really don't like how it gets stuck in my teeth, and I think that's been a big deterrent for me.

I don't like theater popcorn at all. Anything that's overly salty is just not appetizing for me (I mean I eat corn on the cob with no butter or salt if that tells you anything) I instead eat plain air popped popcorn in a popper, and drizzel melted low-salt butter over it.

Other than that I like all the other varieties of popcorn except for kettle corn.