Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

if you were to redo your school days , what would you do differently?

Reecejackox

I would get expelled at the first day of kindergarten. :P

In all seriousness though, I would have been more social... Or have tried to be more social, that is.

Edited by SageofSong

I'd grab life by the balls. I was always timid and shy about doing things. Knowing what I know now (absolutely none of that stuff matters when you're an adult) I'd snowboard more, I'd hold hands with that girl, go on some group camping trips, talk to that person I thought was too cool for me to talk to. Yes academics are important and I still would have gotten all A's but I would have come out of my shell a little more.

And above all PLAY LESS VIDEO GAMES. Who ever says, "looking back at my life I just wish I wasted more time on Xbox."

Everything. Just to see how it would play out.

PS: And I wouldn't turn down that mad scientist's offer of selling me a doomsday machine for world domination... knew made a mistake not agreeing to buy it.

• Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, Sunlight Glisten said:

Who ever says, "looking back at my life I just wish I wasted more time on Xbox

Me

Wish I had a Xbox

59 minutes ago, BlackPony said:

AP Government

I would have paid money to deal with anything trump related at school

would have been so many fart jokes

I would have paid more attention to a girl who fancied me. Took me until college to realize she actually had feelings for me. Talk about obtuse. :P

if i had my memories and knowlege of now?(not like i rmember anything of what i learned there, so i'd still blow my exams)then i'd probably just leave and skip college, or at least chose a different one. 

Be more assertive and go after some of the bullies I had, obviously I couldn't have gone after most of em so might as well be realistic lol.

I'd also have taken higher level high school courses, as what I graduated with wouldn't get me into anything nowadays.

Quite a bit, actually.

1. I would have ignored the people bullying me. Might be easier said than done though... They made it really, really difficult.
  2. I would have been more vocal about my issues. Maybe somebody would have realized how bad they are and I would have gotten pills and maybe even disability checks.
  3. I would have opened up about my sexuality when I was in Junior High instead of later. It would have saved me a lot of embarrassment.
  4. I would have been way less desperate for love. I had three online relationships, and none of them worked for their own reasons.
  5. I would have been more assertive going after my crush. Even if I freaked him out, things would at least be resolved.
  6. I would have answered that one question on a Number Sense test (math-related extracurricular academics stuff) right. If I did, I'd have gone to state again...
  7. I would have realized that one of my friends had a crush on me. It would have saved me the embarrassment of everyone else constantly talking about how she was in love with me, and she'd likely have suffered less heartbreak when she realized that I'm not romantically into girls.
  8. I would have been in the Work Program. I would be doing better for myself right now, for sure.

All I can think of for now, but there's likely more to be said here. 

Pay more attention so that I could take more electives. I could of learned the basics of composing/playing music, instead of struggling like I'am now... or maybe of even taken choir, or learned Japanese because my school taught that language.

Now if I wanna do any of those three its gonna come out of my pocket, all because I couldn't focus in class.

Luckily, grades were really never an issue for me, but if I were to redo anything from school, it would most certainly be 9th grade.

I would avoid some of the "friends" I hung out with that year. Did a few things I'm not proud of, so staying away from them would prevent that. 

Drop a class on time..having a big o' fat F on college transcripts can really screw you up.

Edited by TBD

I would have certainly not handled my high school years the way I did. I would have been much nicer to my band directors and the other students in band with me. I wouldn't have been such a drama-stirring depressing mess altogether.

I hated everything about school so the main thing I would do different is start home-schooling from the beginning and avoid public schools altogether. I didn't have the option to choose that for myself at the time, and didn't start home-schooling until eighth grade, but given the opportunity I'd have been home-schooled exclusively.

As far as what I did when I was in school, I'd do it all the same way. I did my best and it sucked anyway. It was a no-win situation that couldn't be improved.

Probably beat up the kids and faculty at my old school who bullied me. Yes even adults bullied kids before people decided to take bullying seriously. I hate how much of a pacifist i was, and it didnt really get me anywhere.