Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your experience telling people in real life you like MLP?

LucasB

13 hours ago, Sunlight Swift said:

Where do you play the collectable card game? I never tried to get into it but I'm curious.

I don't play it myself but rather I collect the cards. Specifically, I go after the Super and Ultra Rare cards--excluding the Premiere set for the latter for personal reasons--though I do wish that Enterplay were more consistent about releases and overall updates.

No one cares. It's great. Though usually it's just the vintage toys that come up in conversation for me. Although, once I asked my friend if he would pick up a vintage MLP lot for me from Craigslist and he said he didn't want to go to a random brony's house. I casually reminded him that someone selling their childhood G1s was unlikely to be a brony.

I've been pretty lucky cause all of my real life friends are fans of the show in one way or another, and so are many members of my family. And I guess being a female My Little Pony fan is a huge advantage too. :dash: 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Haven't told a single person I watch the show. Although, I did tell a friend of mine ages ago that I used to watch it, he just assumed I was joking.

I don't really see the big deal behind telling people you watch it, to be honest. At the end of the day, it's just a TV show. :nom:

On 10/12/2018 at 3:21 AM, EggyRepublic said:

Online, such as in games, I often name myself "Rainbow Dash" along with my favorite fan art of her, so anyone who is in my lobby can see I'm a brony. Most people ignore it (it's the Internet after all), but some people seem to appreciate the show while others really hate it because they associate bronies with things like furries, weebs and generally view the whole community as weird. I can't entirely blame them for thinking grown ups liking a little girls show is weird.

You know, I really wish somebody would start a brony gaming clan or something. Guessing something like this existed at the peak of the fandom, but I see no reason it can't exist now. All team up in Fortnite or something, set up avatars in the spirit of E.G.

14 hours ago, Khoufu said:

No one cares. It's great. Though usually it's just the vintage toys that come up in conversation for me. Although, once I asked my friend if he would pick up a vintage MLP lot for me from Craigslist and he said he didn't want to go to a random brony's house. I casually reminded him that someone selling their childhood G1s was unlikely to be a brony.

You should've asked, "What are you afraid of? Horse cooties?"

• 1 month later...

Most people I tell about my MLP:FiM fascination don't mind. Most of my friends are into weird things themselves. The only person who had somewhat of an issue with this is my older sister. She just doesn't get it.

I have a lot of friends who are already into niche nerdy shows with cult followings, so many of them either 1. don't mind at all or 2. have at least watched MLP. A very good friend of mine happens to be a pegasister.

I have one close friend who was dumbfounded when he learned that I'm a brony and regularly roasts the show whenever it's mentioned; he can't stand it. :P But he's not immature enough to hate me for it.

Edited by Prospekt

I told my mom and she was surprised about it, but also wasn't judgemental.

I told a future fraternity brother about it and he said he did not understand what I was talking about. He wasn't rude about it, but I guess he didn't know anything about MLP.

I don't know or talk to anybody IRL except for my family, and none of them seemed to care, so that's nice.

Though it's been a very long time since the subject actually came up and things have changed a lot since, but knowing them I doubt it would be any different. ^^

• 1 year later...