Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who thinks that Luna should have saved the day?

Moonlight-Shine

On 10/14/2018 at 8:49 AM, Moonlight-Shine said:

I think Luna should have saved the day instead of the Mane 6? The movie was still good tho!

Only if there was a character arc for her to go through like overcoming self doubt. I think that Starlight, Trixie, and Discord should have saved the day.

• Brohoof 2

No way, the master of chaos should have been the one to save the day. :umad:

Though Luna saving the day admittedly sounds cool, it was an important plot point for the princesses to be petrified. A character like Discord, on the other hand, was bizarrely absent when he could've played a great part in stopping the Storm King and his forces. 

• 1 month later...

Well, the MLP Movie is meant to celebrate the characters we know and love, (Mane 6 and Spike) So, I don't see how the secondary characters would fit in. I think that's why other secondary characters such as Discord, Luna and Starlight were not shown much in the show. I mean, even the princesses are useless. :scoots:

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...
(edited)
On 11/30/2018 at 8:51 AM, Midnight Solace said:

Well, the MLP Movie is meant to celebrate the characters we know and love, (Mane 6 and Spike) So, I don't see how the secondary characters would fit in. I think that's why other secondary characters such as Discord, Luna and Starlight were not shown much in the show. I mean, even the princesses are useless. :scoots:

That seemed like such a waste. They could've done so much more. Give all the characters a chance to play a part. Trixie pulls off an illusion that confuses a whole squad. Starlight dishes out a kamehameha blast. Princess Alcorns in the sky doing strafing runs or taking down an airship. Discord summons chocolate rain and a slew of the gorillas just sit down and start drinking. He also puts an Earthly horse mask on grubber that he can't remove (OK that would never happen in an official movie but it's hilarious). Add a bit of fanon to the official content and let Vinyl use the bass cannon. We know they're usually much more capable than they are in the movie, which reduces every Pony except... three... to running away in a random panic.

Doesn't mean they'd win. But at least make the Storm King's guys have to work for it. You'd just need to add more stormtroopers to keep it balanced (and really, given the size of those ships, there should've been a LOT more than what we saw).

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Trixie pulls off an illusion that confuses a whole squad. Starlight dishes out a kamehameha blast.

I think the reason these two didn't have much of a role in the movie is because the script for it was actually written back in 2014, before Trixie was reformed and before Starlight even existed. They were just thrown into the background at the last minute. I could be wrong, but that's what I heard.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...