World Cup 16 - Tenochtitlan Basin vs Crystal Empire

Jeric

World Cup Top 16 Knockout Round  

141 users have voted

1. 1. Who survives

• The Basin - Derpy, Daring Do, Vinyl Scratch, Fancy Pants
    • The Empire - Princess Cadance, Discord, Doctor Whooves, Tempest Shadow

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-10-15 at 03:00 PM

With Cloudsdale fallen next up is Derpy's team against our second Princess led team. Cadance has had a rough go of it, losing her baby and her husband to Grogar. Discord, her, and the Doctor seem to have an almost insurmountable fight in them, but is it enough to overcome the fandom's mascot, perhaps one of the more unique characters on the show that represents a sort of partnership between staff and fan?

Tenochtitlan Basin

Derpy, Daring Do, Vinyl Scratch, Fancy Pants

vs

Crystal Empire

Princess Cadance, Discord, Doctor Whooves, Tempest Shadow

• Brohoof 4
  • The topic was featured

:muffins: Derpy for the win. Come on everypony! :derp:

How can you say no to these two ponies?

5E4383A3-9838-475B-B77B-F944B08D6382.gif

The Empire is 3/4ths a pity party at this point. Tempest has no horn, Cadence has no child, Discord will eventually watch Fluttershy fall or say goodbye to her when he falls. The Empire is sad. Doctor Hooves is a gentleman, of course he would say that you should save Derpy. 

Propaganda.

Edited by Nightmare Nye-t
  • Brohoof 5

it's one of the hardest choices i had to make so far, if Discord wasn't enough, they went and got Tempest aswel, but Tenochitlan basin just has too many great characters, plus Daring Do who compells me and i have to obbey, so here we are, go team Derpy

• Brohoof 2
6 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Kinda tough but I choosed the Empire, they seem to be much more powerful, maybe that helps? Even tough they kicked our flanks already, but our flanks are pulverized now anyway.

Pulverized they may be, but Cloudsdale will always have a place to crash when things aren't looking so bright.

dash__s_ascent_to_the_stars_by_tenchisamoshi-d3iv19l.png.6c1ae0d64dfca998560f17a995e5595d.png

Answer the call to Team Moon, we've already got Hot chocolate and fuzzy blankets warmed up for all of you.

As for the match, Crystal Empire for sure. Daring Do is the only one who can really hold their own against any of today's opponents but it's still overwhelming.

• Brohoof 2
27 minutes ago, Jeric said:

With Cloudsdale fallen next up is Derpy's team against our second Princess led team. Cadance has had a rough go of it, losing her baby and her husband to Grogar.

Please tell me that if Grogar is defeated, everyone he took away, including Flurry Heart will return safe and sound. @Baby Mario (Baby Dashie) will be devastated if Flurry doesn't come back.

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

Please tell me that if Grogar is defeated, everyone he took away, including Flurry Heart will return safe and sound. @Baby Mario (Baby Dashie) will be devastated if Flurry doesn't come back.

That was part of the agreement with the Tree of Harmony yes 

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

Grogar's butt may feel the flames already :orly:

This is by far the most difficult choice for me. Each team has 3 ponies that I really like, so it comes down to Fancy Pants vs Cadance, and I voted for Crystal Empire. Sorry Derpy and Vinyl.

Well, just from a logical standpoint, (and also, Cadence has always gotten the short end of the Princess stick) the Empire is a shoe-in here. Tempest is scary powerful even with a handicap (and those stun grenade tricks of her's are just as useful in buckball), an Alicorn, Discord, and a Timelord. Crystal Empire is a behemoth here.

Edited by bornAgainEquestrian

Go and lend a hoof to Derpy
she is strugling in this Derby

The question here is, are you daring?
to go against pure chaos darling

But even when one Vynil's music hears
is it enough to stop a mother's tears

Can some Fancy words persuade?
Tempest's temper to soothe aid?

It's our choice for us, to heed this call
or accept the blame if they would fall

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I had to vote for Discord in order to vote for Tempest Shadow. :dry: This *must* be one of Discord's tricks. :okiedokieloki:

seeing she is called Tempest Shadow and not Fizzlepop Berrytwist, it makes me wonder if she's the Tempest from her wild days in self exile

• Brohoof 2

He may be a jerk but we love him anyway:

medium.jpeg

medium.png

She may have been evil but we know all about change:

medium.png

Plus Cadance is always there for supporting others:

medium.jpeg

medium.png

medium.jpeg

(See no hard feelings)

Team Crystal Empire All the Way!

• Brohoof 2
Just now, Trix or Treat? said:

seeing she is called Tempest Shadow and not Fizzlepop Berrytwist, it makes me wonder if she's the Tempest from her wild days in self exile

Oh, she's Fizzlepop alright. "Tempest Shadow" is just the name she uses to gain access into the Organization of Reformed Ponies. 

Derpy: *Crying* Doctor, I'm sorry...My cousin needs me...I don't know what went wrong, but...I want to make you proud...I never wanted this to happen.  I didn't want to face you, but I have no choice...My cousin, Daring, our friend Vinyl, Fancy pants...though I don't know him...these ponies are depending on me do to my best, and I will...Don't hold back, Doctor...because I can't.

Doctor: No, Derpy.  I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry.  In all of time and space, we've been together only to end up fighting with each other.  You have been my rock and now, seeing you on the other side tears me to shreds.  The princess needs me to think of a plan, and that's what I'm doing.  Teaming with Discord was a surprise, and Tempest has a lot of skill.  I believe we can work together to undo everything this maniac has done.  I hate this though.  I never thought we wouldn't be at each other's side.  I never thought the tree of harmony would plan for us to have to attack each other...Cadence saw your face, and she cried for me...she had lost everything, and yet she still hugged me and cried for me because she knows...she knows what we mean to each other.  I am glad you won't be holding back, Ditzy Doo...because I won't either.  Just know, that if you win, I will not be upset.  I will understand.  You are capable of the most amazing, wonderous, unpredictable things...and if we win, know that...I will get you back!

Derpy: I love you, Doctor

Doctor: I love you too...Derpy.

• Brohoof 4