World Cup 16 - Tenochtitlan Basin vs Crystal Empire

Jeric

World Cup Top 16 Knockout Round  

141 users have voted

1. 1. Who survives

• The Basin - Derpy, Daring Do, Vinyl Scratch, Fancy Pants
    • The Empire - Princess Cadance, Discord, Doctor Whooves, Tempest Shadow

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-10-15 at 03:00 PM

5 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

Did you really think its wise to oppose a Personification of Chaos, a Time Lord and a powerful princess?

332463__safe_discord_animated_laughing_l

hold my beer Discord, :umad:.

it's not wise to go against a spirit of chaos, but it's even less wise to trust the future of all the land in it's claws

2 hours ago, Nightmare Nye-t said:

Doctor Hooves is a gentleman, of course he would say that you should save Derpy.

If you acknowledge who Doctor Hooves is, then you know he is one of the Ponies who has the best chance at saving all of us, and also the fallen. Demons run when a good Pony goes to war.

13 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

medium.png

But I'll still choose Cadance-Discord to go further.

Is this something from S8 that I haven't seen yet, or is this completely fan-made? She looks like she's in a spaceship... :o

• Brohoof 1
Just now, bornAgainEquestrian said:

If you don't trust Discord to protect the land, at least trust him to do nothing that would upset Fluttershy. He's been down that road before and has no desire to repeat it.

Hard to get a grip on tactics when Vinyl is going away...

I'm actually tearing up. I just can't believe it. :(

• Brohoof 1

Cadence looks at the score.  They had the high ground for the time being.  Tempest and Discord worked together well as a team, and even the Doctor was going all out.  She looked over to the other team.  Poor Derpy.  She had fumbled the ball a few times, once having it hit her in the face, and another time somehow flattening it.  They were covered in mud from trying.  She closed her eyes a moment, the picture of her darling husband and baby in her mind lost to who knows where.  Another picture slid in of her teammate and his love hugging for what may be the last time.  A tear ran down her cheek.  She couldn't imagine the pain those two were feeling.  She had lost her love from the beginning, but to be forced to play against you beloved...to know that winning means losing the one you love...it was the cruelest thing she had ever witnessed.  "Celestia as my witness, if we make it to him...he will pay for this."  she murmured.

Daring looked over to her cousin, frustratedly kicking the dirt.  They had been doing well in the beginning but were slipping behind.  She tried not to think about what was going through Derpy's head.  What could motivate her to keep fighting her hardest against her special somepony.  She had faced daring adventures and narrow rescues before, but without a miracle, they would be the next ones gone...she looked over to the Doctor, bucking the ball with all his might.  Discord snaking it around to curve it as another shot caught in their bucket despite Vinyl's best to pull it away.  His eyes were not cold, but full of pain and fury.  Derpy's eyes showed the same.  They were fighting for their team, but there was understanding whenever they gazed at each other.  They never faulted each other for this.  Daring shook her head...had to keep her head in the game...though if she was asked to choose between this game and facing Cabilleron and Ahuizotyl at the same time while dangling from a breaking rope over a pit of venomous snakes...she would choose the latter...at least then, she would be the only pony to worry about...

Edited by Janicethelight
  • Brohoof 4

Derpy was going to lose, making a mess of her task once more, it wasn't her fault she was like this, but it was also not an excuse for everything, she didn't care, she gave it her all, that is what mattered, she didn't just give up, and before the dreamscape could devour her and those who were put in her charge, she delivered one more letter, probably her final..

If you're reading this i'm probably gone, but please don't be sad, as i am not sad as i'm writing this,in fact, i'm happy, i'm happy I was able to offer my help, clumsy me actually lead a team this far, the fact that you have all trusted me with this is more than enough reason to make me happy, even if everyone around seemed to despair, hope will always be here, as long as we keep fighting, i am grateful for this oportunity, but am also aware that the road ahead is hard and full of obstacles, so to those who will go on fighting on behalf of us all, thank you
~Derpy of Team Tenochitlan Basin
TcFUfOZ.gif

• Brohoof 3
10 minutes ago, Trix or Treat? said:

Derpy was going to lose, making a mess of her task once more, it wasn't her fault she was like this, but it was also not an excuse for everything, she didn't care, she gave it her all, that is what mattered, she didn't just give up, and before the dreamscape could devour her and those who were put in her charge, she delivered one more letter, probably her final..

If you're reading this i'm probably gone, but please don't be sad, as i am not sad as i'm writing this,in fact, i'm happy, i'm happy I was able to offer my help, clumsy me actually lead a team this far, the fact that you have all trusted me with this is more than enough reason to make me happy, even if everyone around seemed to despair, hope will always be here, as long as we keep fighting, i am grateful for this oportunity, but am also aware that the road ahead is hard and full of obstacles, so to those who will go on fighting on behalf of us all, thank you
~Derpy of Team Tenochitlan Basin
TcFUfOZ.gif

((If I may))  

PS.  To The Doctor.  Fight on.  Fight with everything you have.  I know what you've done: past, present, future, and across worlds.  I don't know where I'll be going, but know I'll be keeping spirits high, waiting for you.  I know you will come for me.  You always do. 

• Brohoof 3

This...was it Grogor?  The tree of Harmony?  Why split these two up?  Why make them fight each other?!  I'm sorry.  I probably sound like a broken record, but I mean, I can't imagine what it would feel like to see someone I loved on the opposite end of a fell and know that no matter the outcome, we may never see each other again.  It is one thing to just have your loved ones 'snapped' out of existence.  It is entirely another thing to put two lovers on opposite sides and make them fight for their team, knowing that no matter what happens they won't see each other...

BNut this two...they can find a way back.  Derpy has left before...we all know it...the doctor has as well if you are a part of that fandom...they will find a way to save the other...Grogar...I hope you realize what this means...no matter who loses and who wins, you will have a pony that will be set on freeing their beloved...on finding them, and on banishing you for this torture...and tree of harmony...I don't know why you chose these teams, but I am saddened that you put these two on different ones knowing full well this might happen.  I can only hope you have a plan to right this wrong.  

sad derpy 5.png

sad doctor 2.jpg

sad Doctor.png

• Brohoof 3

(Assuming that the poll is over now)

The last whistle blew.  Derpy and the Doctor finally managed to look at tue score.  Neither could before.  Neither could let themselves know which one would go.  

The Doctor froze, a single tear escaping from his eyes.  He looked over to Derpy, who felt a mixture of feelings.  She was frustrated and angey at uerself.  She slipped up more than once do to her clumsy nature, but she couldn't help but feel a bit relieved.  She knew they dod everything they could, and they held their own against the other team.  She also knew that the other team had the likes of Discord, Tempest, Princess Cadence...and her beloved Doctor.    

The honest truth was that their chance of winning had always been slim.  She breathed, looking back, her team slowly disappearing.  'I'm sorry every pony.  But...we did our best, and I am so proud of my team.'  She looks to the doctor, begining to disappear herself.  The Doctor ran up to Derpy, hugging onto Derpy.  For the first time since the games began, Discord wasn't smiling.  Flashes of a certain pony flashing through his mind.  Tempest was walking back, thinking of her time with the storm king when there was no choices but the kings choices...but creatures could still he with their loved ones.  This is so much worse.  

Cadence allowed her tears to fall freely.  No pony stopped the Doctor from hugging Derpy.

"Doctor...I did my best." Derpy smiled, a tear falling down her cheek, "but I let down my team."

"Don't say that, Miss Whooves."  Fancy smiled, "we saw how hard you fought for us.  We all worked our hardest."

"That's right, cousin.  We are all so proud of every member of our team.  Look at who we faced.  Given the circumstances, I think we did a great job."

Vinyl nodded, walking over to Cadence to give her a note that simply stayed, "save Octavia."

Derpy felt a warmth in her heart, looking back to the Doctor.  She wiped the tears as they hugged, "Don't you worry, Doctor.  Your team won.  You have a strong team that can defeat Grogar, save Equestria.  If there's a way to bring me back, I know you will find it."

"No! Derpy!  I don't want to loose you!"  

Derpy nodded, "I know.  I don't want to disappear on you.  I never wanted for you to feel pain because of me.  But this grogar...he made everypony feel some loss.  He's torn families and friends apart, and other ponies will have to fight those they care about.  Equestria won't be the same after this.  They aren't going to need a clumsy mailmare...what they will need...is a doctor."

"They'll need your beautiful determination too, Derpy."

Derpy smiled, kissing the Doctor passionately before she disappeared completely.

The doctor sobbed.  Cadence hugged him, keeping the note close.  Discord put his clawed hand on his shoulder.  Tempest stayed away, her head bowed.  

After some time on the court, the Doctor lifted his head, a stone cold set of eyes now done with tears, "I swear I will find you.  No more, Grogar! You hear me!  No more!"

• Brohoof 2