Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unicorn ponies or Pegasus ponies?

DivineMist1000

3 hours ago, Artrexus Hope said:

But unicorn have the ability to use magic to fly to the skies like Starlight Glimmer here for example, she uses magic to fly up to Rainbow Dash's race against the bullies when she was young, but enough with starlight, unicorn can have spells that can yield off any threats and hostile to be safe and protect other defenseless ponies and creatures :stressed:

Has it really become so much of a common headcanon that Unicorns can fly just as well as Pegusi? Were that true, I think it would drastically screw up the balance of the three tribes, and even make the idea of Alicorns meaningless. Arguably, a unicorn could also use magic to move a cloud (probably still wouldn't be able to walk on it though). I feel like while they CAN do this, it's probably much more draining than it would be for a Pegasus to do the same thing. And also, this is Starlight, probably the most powerful Unicorn of the time who can actually duel against a freaking Alicorn, so that's probably not the best example for asking, "Is unicorn flight practical?"

Edited by BornAgainBrony
  • Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I would, without a doubt, choose Pegasus. The ability to fly is just so cool to me and the weather control abilities are really neat. Being a Pegasus you have the whole sky to fly around and do what you want, which really gives freedom to them. Plus, the weather manipulation is very useful and is a huge part of maintaining the world. And to be honest, I think that Pegasus wings themselves add a lot of charm.

I know what your going to say, "Pegasi are way less powerful than Unicorns" but I don't think that all matters. I like that the Pegasi aren't trying to be the most powerful. They have flight, cloudwalking, and weather control which is a nice balanced skill set if you ask me. So yes, Pegasus all the way!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...