Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is the concept of a human in Equestria cringey?

AveryGamerDude

5 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

Humans bad. Ponies Good.

That was another cliche of the HiE genre back in the day. The main character would also say that human kind was bad and Equestria was perfect. 

4 hours ago, Fhaolan said:

In my opinion, rather than worrying about whether some is 'cringy', worry more about whether you have something to say in your story. What is the story's point? 'I want to do a HiE story' is not the best starting point. 'I want to tell a story about a character who learns 'X' about 'Y'' and it just happens that this is best told with a HiE story, then cool.

Also remember that if you write stories because you are seeking approval from others... this also rarely goes well. You're likely not going to get the approval you want, no matter what you write. Don't write for other people, write for yourself. People will always try to beat you down with disapproval. Hell, this is the Internet, there are people out there who actively seek out things to disapprove of just for the giggles. Prepare yourself. Build up that thick skin now, before the barbs start flying.

I’m currently writing my own HiE story because I want to and also to see if I can do it. I don’t care if other people wont like it. 

• 1 year later...

In some contexts having humans can work are is cool but for humans in equestria more than cringey it would be uncomfortable simply because the world of equestria is suppose to be a place where everyone is suppose to be more magical and innocent in a way and having humans around would only remind me how horrible can we be as a species in a world like that and how true it sometimes is. Also let's not forget the implications it would have into world building where normally the humans are not in equal footing with everything and everyone else in the world because humans are usually the greatest or something. All the mundane RL world stuff will have a weight on the human characters too and all the baggage that comes with it. Let me just forget that we exist as species in mlp.

Sometimes it's just ends up really boring. I don't know. People just tend to create really long stories where they keep it dragging on and on and where is absolutely nothing happens.

Sometimes the human is so negative or uninteresting like a cupboard that you just want to drop the story and never come back to It.

Edited by RDDash
  • Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...
(edited)
On 2020-09-10 at 8:50 PM, Splashee said:

Bring Megan or whatever her name was back. It will be as great as bringing back Spike to G4!

Yeah, it would be interesting if Megan was part of G4, but hey, there's always fan fiction for it.

As for the topic question? No, I don't think so. In fact, it could be a lot of fun.

Edited by JMTV99
  • Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, JMTV99 said:

Yeah, it would be interesting if Megan was part of G4, but hey, there's always fan fiction for it.

As for the topic question? No, I don't think so. In fact, it could be a lot of fun.

She is part of G4 tho :fluttershy:

image.png.3fe32113be96ea7cfc77154b4647180f.png

my headcanon tho, she’s her daughter :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

She is part of G4 tho :fluttershy:

image.png.3fe32113be96ea7cfc77154b4647180f.png

my headcanon tho, she’s her daughter :mlp_icwudt:

Yeah, that's the closest thing we ever gonna see her again.:eager: