World Cup 16 - The Moon vs Wonderbolts Academy

Jeric

Top 16 - Pony World Cup  

152 users have voted

1. 1. Who survives?

• Wonderbolts Academy - Spitfire, Vapor Trail, Cloud Kicker, Celestia
    • The Moon - Pony of Shadows, Luna, Nightmare Moon, Somnambula

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 2018-10-20 at 01:25 AM

• The topic was featured

Finally time for Changeling Kingdom's time to sh....wait, oh I guess we're saving best for last. Okay then.

In this instance we support the Wonderbolts Academy

Spitfire: 1792162__safe_screencap_maud+pie_spitfire_starlight+glimmer_trixie_a+matter+of+principals_spoiler-colon-s08e14.png

nAnd Celestia: 1441355__safe_screencap_princess+celestia_princess+luna_starlight+glimmer_a+royal+problem_alicorn_animated_confused_female_gif_giggling_mare_pony_reass.gif

No offense Luna but you took this guy and yeah we ain't having it (still love you too Somnambula):

1586551__safe_screencap_pony+of+shadows_starlight+glimmer_star+swirl+the+bearded_twilight+sparkle_shadow+play_alicorn_beam+struggle_dark+magic_magic_tw.png

1746112__safe_screencap_applejack_flash+magnus_fluttershy_meadowbrook_mistmane_pinkie+pie_rainbow+dash_rarity_rockhoof_somnambula_spike_starlight+glimm.png

• Brohoof 5
2 minutes ago, Trix or Treat? said:

sorry KH, i'm with the moon in this one, i mean Luna was already great, and with Somnambula, the fun has been doubled

Eh, no need to be sorry, just giving some support to the Underdogs here :-D

10 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Hail the Princess of the night! 

LunaCanterlotVoice.jpg

Nice try, but one must use the traditional 'we' for it to be accepted as Royal Canterlot Voice.

Spoiler

Sorry about the nitpicking, the image is hilarious.

• Brohoof 2

image.png.98ba9b46e922cc4af3ef8364d05bb3fa.png

We're both the night, thou sayest! Fine, mine lief! I am the night which brings serenity of mind and rest for mortal body. I am mother night, which takes away their pain, their burdens, their fear, anger, sorrows! I cuddle softly them, whispering advice. WHICH NIGHT ART THOU?! Who are thy children, when eternal cold, thou planned to bring, would kill them?’ – Princess Luna

Nightmare Moon swooped down and landed atop the grassy ridge with a proud clatter. Dry leaves rustled helplessly around her from the sudden impact, silently settling about the brush and tall grasses. Pumping her wings irritably, the turbulence scattered the loose forest debris around her, pushing it into the shadows. The evening sun peered from behind the mountains, bathing the town below in orange and red. Shadows stretched from the high peaks, concealing large swaths of land within their long and slender darkness.

After days of verbal tussle with Princess Luna, it was time to settle her unfulfilled questions with the residents of Ponyville. The Princess hid away, horrified that her true self had become manifest, independent. She would not accept Nightmare’s existence. She would not let her in, leaving Nightmare alone. Nightmare’s only bond with the living had shunned her, denying any chance of life beyond this endless Dream.

‘Night cometh before the day, as birth before life. Night cometh after day, as life into death. Darkness. It matters not what ye shall call it, my spirit testifies the Night is Eternal, for what cometh before and after hath no boundary.’

image.thumb.png.2f3c1fdd7a844380dc1fc759edf11c3e.png

This is the place where it all began. Her escape from solitude long ago. And now, she had returned again, thanks to the bleeding Dream born of the impish might of Discord. Celestia will finally pay for her transgressions. As for the rest, those blinded by the sun, they will see true power and justice.

Slowly she walked to the rocky edge, legs quivering with intense frustration. Sorrow welled up within the void of her heart, clawing and gnawing at her insides, pounding against her armor with relentless hollow pain across her skin as she recalled her reply to the Princess...

Words...mere words that cannot hold the truth of our destiny! You holdeth not the power you speak, it belongs to the Night which you deny.

Behold your Children who honor not your compromise with the elite and haughty, but in the mystery of our strength! Even while imprisoned thus, they wept for our return. It was only the deceptive meddling with the Tree, which thou had broken with thy True Self! Do you not remember that day when you set yourself free! Your tears dried by your might, your heart healed and made whole. Your vision ever sharp and penetrating into the meaning of all things.

It was the moon that eclipsed the cutting rays of despicable jealousy and insult! You defeated her! Only then did you command respect, only then did Equestria see their princess of glory and power!

All the while you see your precious subjects suffer under Tirek, Discord, and all the dismal tyrants who seek not only to rule, but to quench their fear...

of you!

There is cruelty in punishment, yes. But it needn't persist, dear beautiful and dreadful spirit. For how long will you be defeated over and over again, while the Elements of Harmony laugh at your dwindling status?

For what can you bequeath? Thine hour is coming, when your subjects turn on you in preference for the lesser.

Turn to me. If only for a little while, that you may be reminded how your heart beats.’

How could Princess Luna not see? How could she deny such an obvious weakness? Playing a well-mannered servant to the sister of insult and hypocrisy. Long ago, her heart was so honest when it spoke openly to Celestia,

‘thine subjects that have it all, the ones that always laugh and play, the ones that are so easily loved…they spew their venom upon the lonely and the lost.’

Celestia. How dare she divide us as she divides the Night. Baby Luna may bow to her, but Nightmare Moon shall never!

Her eyes glowered down at Ponyville. The small cottages and softly shaped buildings huddled about a tall and slender dark crystal palace. Banners atop steeples gently waved in the twilight breeze. It was silent, and still. They would never know what hit them.

Recalling how the ponies play together, laugh, and cheerfully embrace one another, she clenched her jaw. The ponies danced and rejoiced in the sunlit nature. They were always together, oblivious to her. Tears welled up in her eyes. They didn’t understand, didn’t care. For all their joy and kindness, they were also quite comfortable excluding those whom they did not prefer.

“Insolence!” She growled, “Not another step!” Feeling the tears streak down her cheeks, Nightmare roared. The cry invaded the silence like rolling thunder, pounding into the sky and reflecting off the hills and valleys below. She needed release from this pain. A release that only the cries of fear and misery could satisfy.

Mustering the power within, she concentrated all her anguish and disgust. Her horn glowed, drawing bright flashes of crackling energy that surged around her.

“My anger is justice. I am the queen of the forgotten!”

Drawing a deep breath, she reared up to release the magic.

‘Ahh…choooh!’

A small sneeze from the bushes behind her interrupted.

Nightmare turned to see three small foals and a larger pony huddled under an evergreen tree. They were covered in the shadow of its thick foliage, but that was no safety from her impeccable night vision.

She growled from the pain of the receding magical energy. All brought to the surface of mind now depressurizing into her blood, causing intense pain.

“Who…are…you!” She sneered, her gaze locking onto a pair of green eyes possessed by the larger, berry colored pony with a scar streaked down her face, and an accompanying broken horn.

The fillies whimpered and fell to the ground, covering their eyes from Nightmare’s gaze. The larger pony crooked her leg, seemingly attempting to step forward but thought the better of it. Instead, she turned to her side shielding the fillies from Nightmare. “My n…name is Fiz…uh, Tempest. I’m Tempest Shadow.”

Nightmare smiled. “I do enjoy the smell of your fear. However, you are not welcome. Go away.”

“What are you doing?” Tempest asked, swallowing hard. Her voice was a shaking mess.

“I said, GO AWAY!”

“B…but we can’t. Your Majesty…we are lost. We can’t find our way down.”

Nightmare’s eyes narrowed. “You’re bluffing. Try again, broken one.”

“I speak the truth. I…I don’t even know these fillies…I just found them…”

“Hmm, so then, speaker of the truth, what happened to your horn? Was it Celestia's work?” Nightmare struggled for expression, but it was impossible to dampen her pain.

“N…no. Long Story. I was young…”

“I care not. Tis a waste of time. Leave me, or I…”

One of the fillies yanked on Tempest’s red mane. Nightmare could hear whispering amongst them. Tempest shook her head. “No!” She said in a hushed voice, “put that away.”

“Put what away? Show me little one, what do you have?” Nightmare narrowed her eyes, focusing on the fillies, ready to ignite the entire area into engulfing flames if need be. Things in dreams were not always as they seemed.

The filly slowly walked forward, holding a plush doll in her hoof. She held it up for Nightmare to see but didn’t move more than 3 or 4 paces in front of Tempest, who closed the gap between them right away.

“What…is that…” Nightmare spat, clenching her teeth. The object was hardly recognizable. A bulb of fabric with multicolor stitching and a pair of black buttons, perhaps intended as eyes.

“She means no harm.” Tempest said, holding back her own tears.

“What…IS IT!”

“boo boo bunny.” The little foul piped.

“She saw your tears…so she thinks you’re hurt.” Tempest explained, wrapping the little one within the crook of her front leg.

“Run.” Nightmare said hoarsely. She took a few short, shaking steps back.

“We’re sorry…she didn’t…”

“Run Away! You foolish…sniveling welps! Run away from me!”

Nightmare turned toward Ponyville and unleashed everything she had. A black cloud shot from her screeching mouth, quickly advancing into the valleys below. She spread her wings and took flight into the enveloping magical darkness. Her howling and wailing shrouding all of the colorful sun rays, and it dwindled slowly until finally all the light faded away.

The Shadow Storm has been released into Equestria.

‘I am Nightmare Moon. From hence a fear so great you awaken screaming, frozen in thy helplessness. Once alone in the darkness, now ye see me!’

image.thumb.png.fa3f49cb80669eff5df27cb588873a27.png

• Brohoof 3

((ooohhh, I hope you come back if and when Nightmare moon fends off against the team with Cadence since Tempest is there.))

Two sisters, facing off once more.  Luna had sworn not to let their transgressions to end in a fight again lest...let what was beside her be unleashed.  She still wished to ask Discord how he or the tree of harmony was able to get both versions of herself.  Seeing the nightmare next to her was unnerving, bringing back old hurts that she had locked away, and realizing history could well repeat itself.  Celestia was holding back tears.  Visions of her sister, as the very nightmare she saw close to her, flung into the moon as a last resort in order to stop her rage...without realizing that what she needed the whole time...was understanding...how long had it been that she planned, and failed, and planned, and watched, and waited until everything came to be just right.  I had been wonderful having her sister back, but the thought of losing her again...to being the reason that Luna was gone...or to torment Luna with the same guild of losing her.  It cut at her heart deeply.

"Awwwww, the sisters going to cry?"  Nightmare grinned.  The pony of shadows snickering in the background.

"Enough!"  Somnambulashouted angerly, "I understand you two have your reasons for your actions but have a little heart...they are sisters...and they must fight each other..."

Vaper Trail hugged Celestia, looking over to Luna, "I'm...sorry."

"It's alright, young pony.  Luna and I knew we would have to go against each other eventually...We will fight honorably."

"We can count on the princess to see us through, "  Spitfire nodded, "and with us working together, we may pull it off."

"Either way...this will not have a happy ending."  Cloudkicker realized, looking between the two princesses with her ears drooped.

• Brohoof 4