Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cider Season

Rainbow Dash

I still don't get why it's a big deal calling it cider in places like Europe. It's always been called cinder even in the Flim Flam Bros. song.

Edited by Happy Yoshi

Just now, Happy Yoshi said:

I still don't get why it's a big deal calling it cider in places like Europe. It's always been called cinder even in the song.

In Europe, cider's exclusively an alcoholic drink. They change it to juice to not implicate that kids are consuming a hard beverage.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Dark Qiviut said:

In Europe, cider's exclusively an alcoholic drink. They change it to juice to not implicate that kids are consuming a hard beverage.

Wait, do the English dubbed over the line?

But in Real Life, do they or do they not physically change the drink between the countries? And it's more of a cultural difference? 

4 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Exactly. Only in America do they call it “hard cider” when it’s alcoholic.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

Wait, do the English dubbed over the line?

In the U.K., they changed "cider" to "juice" in Where the Apple Lies. But in the past, the U.K. either cut out references to cider or censored the episode entirely (Squeezy never aired and was a DVD-only release, I believe).

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

Exactly. Only in America do they call it “hard cider” when it’s alcoholic.

^ This.

• Brohoof 2

I don't drink cider myself because of the alcoholic content but that shouldn't stop any of you from having some so long as it's in moderation. Just be sure you're all sober enough to try your hand--hoof--at the newest trivia.

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
  • The topic was locked