Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What shows do you want cancelled?

CandyCorn

I have to say for me... Lethal Weapon. It's dead without Clayne Crawford. Riggs is what made the show what it was, and now that they fired him and threw in a new guy... it's not even Lethal Weapon anymore! imo Riggs WAS Lethal Weapon. Don't even get me started on this because I'll probably end up chewing heads off. >____>

ANYWAY... what shows do you wish would be cancelled, and why?

Edited by AdorbzFangirl

inb4 Teen Titans Go.

Honestly though.... none. Stuff should get cancelled because nobody  - or at least not enough people - want to watch it. I wouldn't want something to stop being made just because I want it to.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, AdorbzFangirl said:

I have to say for me... Lethal Weapon. It's dead without Clayne Crawford. Riggs is what made the show what it was, and now that they fired him and threw in a new guy... it's not even Lethal Weapon anymore! imo Riggs IS Lethal Weapon. Don't even get me started on this because I'll probably end up chewing heads off. >____>

ANYWAY... what shows do you wish would be cancelled, and why?

They made Lethal Weapon into a TV series? Didn't know that. 

At present I want The Simpson to have one last meaningful season before sunsetting into animation history. Its impact to animation was massive and will leave a legacy for a lot longer than its run. It is time. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

They made Lethal Weapon into a TV series? Didn't know that. 

Yeah, but it's crap now. It's losing viewers and dropping in ratings because they killed off Riggs. :/ Whatever you here about him over his firing is most likely not true btw.

All reality TV firstly. It is all trash that doesn't have any reason to exist. Especially ones that focus on the lives of rich people or celebrities. Those shows can go to hell. Beyond that, the only one I can think of is Big Bang Theory, but that show is ending next year so, wahoo. :D

• Brohoof 5

As @Jeric noted, definitely The Simpsons. It's a shame to witness it continuing to the extent where it has lost almost all of its former substance and dignity (a gigantic shame considering that 1989 - 1997 Simpsons was debatably one of the greatest TV shows of all time) and become a shell of its earlier self. I doubt that it will actually happen anytime soon, but thirty(!) seasons is far beyond enough for any scripted TV show.

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies

45 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Honestly though.... none. Stuff should get cancelled because nobody  - or at least not enough people - want to watch it. I wouldn't want something to stop being made just because I want it to.

This. So much this. So often people are all " I dont like it so it should go away " if that actually happened well MLP would be gone because of brony hate. 

• Brohoof 1

1. Modern Family. I can't believe that I used to think this show was decent. When I watch it now the show is an unfunny train wreck that attempts to make a story out of the everyday lives of a family that was more than obviously designed to be as dysfunctional and unlikeable (as a whole) as humanly possible...I have no idea why this show is STILL going. There's nothing interesting that should be keeping people watching... I can't think of one reason to even watch this...
  2. Big Bang Theory. Same problems that Modern Family has, but multiply them. Frankly, I'd consider this TV show on second look to be... horrendous. The humor is seemingly designed to be so unfunny that it's offensive, and is totally mean-spirited. None of the characters are likeable (especially not Sheldon, like seriously, who even THOUGHT of that creature...?), and all of them disgust me to varying degrees (even Raj, who's not quite as bad as everyone else. But is still CONSTANTLY used as a stereotype...).
  3. The SImpsons. There's very little reason for a show like the Simpsons to have 30 f***ing seasons, and the fact the series is so old and the fact that the writers have exhausted all half-decent ideas has been made rather obvious by now. It's become an entirely separate show from what it used to be in my mind, and I obviously mean that in a bad way. It's become a blank slate that lacks real charm, unlike it was between seasons 2 and 9 (when it was filled with charm and humor that WORKED)...
  4. The View. Literally everyone on that show needs to SHUT UP AND GET A LIFE and stop complaining about things LITERALLY NOBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD COULD EVEN REMOTELY CARE ABOUT UNLESS THEY WERE A THIRD WAVE FEMINIST WITH ACTUAL BRAIN DAMAGE. Even then, I've never known anyone else male OR female that has the world so freaking contorted around themselves. Seriously, these women are so self-centered it's downright infuriating...

Normally I'd say I just change the channel and don't want anything cancelled just because I don't like it, but...

"Teen Titans Go!" Just stop it already. The original animated series was wonderful. They turned it into crap in "Go!"

?format=2500w

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

WWE Raw and Smackdown. 

They just really really suck. No where near as good as they were 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. The quality is so inconsistent from week to week that I can't be bothered to tune in to see if it's good. No doubt they're the worst wrestling programs on television today. 

Here. It's a few years old but the issues are still very relevant. It'll explain it better than I can. 

After 25 and 19 years on the air respectively, it's time to pull the plug. 

• 2 weeks later...