Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lets over-analyze!

Spark

There is no such thing as over analyzation!

The more you analyze, the better!

quote name='Starswirl the goateed' timestamp='1338488567' post='411417']

Why anslyze? Because we can. No, seriously, because we can. The vast majority of TV shows are shallow with no hidden meaning. MLP has layer upon layer of meaning, allegory, allusion, etc. It is a crime to NOT be analyzing this show.

This week I'll finish a 5500 word MLP philosophy essay that I've been working on for three months. Analyzation is awesome!

You will earn my brohoof when you publish this and send me a link.

They might have scheduled the clouds to be there for the time being, but then, for Celestia's arrival, wanted a nice clear day for her.

Finally! Someone speaks the obvious!

I mean, they control the weather. That doesn't mean they want sunny clear skies 24/7 every day every year. Sometimes it's good to have clouds, and in S1E8 we discovered sometimes they make it rain. It just meant she was the one assigned to change the weather. It's because they control the weather that she ended up clearing the skies.

Why anslyze? Because we can. No, seriously, because we can. The vast majority of TV shows are shallow with no hidden meaning. MLP has layer upon layer of meaning, allegory, allusion, etc. It is a crime to NOT be analyzing this show.

This week I'll finish a 5500 word MLP philosophy essay that I've been working on for three months. Analyzation is awesome!

Make a thread about it when you're done, and PM me so I don't forget :D

Analyzing is magic XD

And awesome and fun.

Finally! Someone speaks the obvious!

I mean, they control the weather. That doesn't mean they want sunny clear skies 24/7 every day every year. Sometimes it's good to have clouds, and in S1E8 we discovered sometimes they make it rain. It just meant she was the one assigned to change the weather. It's because they control the weather that she ended up clearing the skies.

Good point. I'd like to add to that, who doesn't like a nice cloudy day when the sun is beating down? Or cloud gazing? And who wants to stare up at a completely blue sky all the time?

Good point. I'd like to add to that, who doesn't like a nice cloudy day when the sun is beating down? Or cloud gazing? And who wants to stare up at a completely blue sky all the time?

Personally, I dislike clear blue skies, they're not that interesting, especially compared to rich cloudscapes that sometimes form :D

• Brohoof 1

Over analyzing is my job!

To answer the OP: Rainbow Dash seems to be the Chief Weather Pegasus for Ponyville, as seen with how she was the one who organized the tornado in, "Hurricane Fluttershy." Not to mention she's one of the best flyers in Ponyville so everything weather related would have gone to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my over-analysis. Equestria and the Royal Family endorses the Caste System.

Have you noticed that Canterlot is the most prestigious city where all commerce, government, and military is located? But Canterlot is a Unicorn city. Earth Ponies who work there are discriminated against, as seen with Rarity's encounter with the window washer. Not to mention that being a window washer is a pretty low class job. So the Unicorns are the upper class, the 1% as we say now a days. This is further supported in the Pony Tribes episode where they live in giant castles like traditional European noblemen.

Pegasi clear the weather and during the time of the three Pony Tribes, they were the Warrior class, heavily militarized and drawing from how we see Greek and Roman culture. Both cultures emphasized heavily on military endeavors. Not to mention that almost all of the Royal Guards are Pegasi. Cloudsdale itself is also a very industrial place, producing all types of weather in giant industrial factories. Considering Equestria's military force is limited to the Royal Guards, the Warrior class is now the industrial working class.

Earth Ponies live on the ground and in more rural environments. In the Pony Tribes period, they looked incredibly poor, living in hay shacks reminiscent of Asia and Europe's peasant houses. Not to mention they were the peasant class, living in a feudal system where they had to surrender food to the Warrior and Noble class (Pegasi and Unicorns). Now, they live in places like Appleloosa, obvious note to the American Frontier. Many of those who came to America were poor Irishmen and Englishmen who heard of a place where they were practically giving land. Still, their magical affinity is all about growing food...the farming class.

"But Filthy Rich is an Earth Pony!" Some might say. Yeah, and the business class was discriminated and considered incredibly low in social status. All they have is money, not class in a caste system. Merchants and the like were considered low in the Hindu caste system, the Korean, and to an extent, Europe as well. In almost all cases, they could buy their way to nobility but nobody truly recognized them as a noble by blood.

• 2 weeks later...

The script writers told Rainbow Dash that she should clear it up to prove her abilities to Twilight Sparkle.

And else there wouldn't be the 10secondsflat shirt. :P

The script writers told Rainbow Dash that she should clear it up to prove her abilities to Twilight Sparkle.

And else there wouldn't be the 10secondsflat shirt. :P

They were forgotten and just happened to drift in RD's direction.

The clouds don't move by themselves. This was proven when they were scared of the Everfree forest because the clouds moved by themselves.

(edited)

What can earth ponies do that stands out? I know someone noted they could grow food which seems alright, (even though it doesn't exactly have a "cool" factor,) but kinda falls apart when you consider that a fair amount of earth ponies don't even do that. The general fanfiction assumption seems to be that they're stronger but the series doesn't really back this up, for instance: Whenever they're helping Applejack with apple bucking the pegasi seem just as capable as the professional apple farmer.

Fluttershy notwithstanding, the canon answer from Faust herself is that Earth ponies have a quasi-magical connection to the Earth (and they are physically stronger than unicorns or pegasi). This means they have greater aptitudes for farming and concerns with animals.

My big question is how land ownership works in Equestria.

We see that each of the mane cast lives independently (except Applejack (on a family homestead), and Pinkie Pie (apparently renting a room from the Cakes in Sugarcube Corner)) but we've also seen that Twilight lived by herself in Canterlot.

Posted Image Which is curious, since both her brother and parents live in Canterlot as well.

It's a tad lavish even if it's supposed to be a dormitory or personal study for the Protege of Princess Celestia.

My thinking is that home-ownership and property works on a much different system than it does in our world- and especially different from the American system (because it's dumb be able to make minimum payments that are less than your mortgage interest).

Edited by Blue