Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cider Season Trivia

Ganondorf8

Welcome to the Cider Season Trivia.

In the midst of the insanity of the MLPF World Cup and the looming Nightmare Nights in the near future, Cider Season has begun and that means those who love to drink cider are going to be very happy. Hopefully, none of you are too hyped up on cider otherwise you might miss out on this. Right now, Applejack is busy dealing with an apple theft or something, but before she galloped off, she asked me to present some questions based on her exploits.

Me? I don't drink cider myself so I'm more than fine to do this. There are nine questions to answer as well as a bonus question and by answering them all correctly, you will earn yourself a badge dedicated to Applejack. What is on it? I'll let you find out for yourselves. As before, you must submit your trivia answers to the right character. In this case, @Applejack. Any concerns must be sent her way though you can send them to me. Remember that hints aren't available for all questions and the bonus has none. Collaborations are also allowed so feel free to join forces with others if you feel the need to.

Oh, and as usual, the bonus can be substituted as a correct answer if you're not comfortable with your answers for the regular ones.

Now... Due to some issues in the previous trivia, there have been some slight changes. First of all, you will be given four days to submit your answers to a specific character, in this case, @Applejack, from the moment this trivia was posted on the forums.

Also, from now on, the trivia threads will be given a time lock feature where they will automatically lock after the allotted time has passed. Once the lock happens, that particular trivia will have ended and no further submissions will be accepted barring very special circumstances. In this instance, it will lock after four days.

Ready for the questions? Good because here they are.

Q1. What command does Applejack use to get Winona to herd up animals?

Q2. What are the cutie marks of each member of Sweet Apple Acres?

Q3. What animal did Rainbow Dash knock over rushing to beat the line for Cider Season?

Q4. How much does it cost for a Sweet Apple Acres mug of cider?

Q5. Which episode did Applejack say the following: "I'm Applejack! More apple fwitter?"

Q6. Where were Granny Smith, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom during Bats! 

Q7. What did Applejack do to the Apple Family with her lies as a filly?

Q8. When did Granny Smith first fight the apple blight?

Q9. What marks the site of the Apple & Pear wedding?

Bonus. In Rollercoaster of Friendship, Pinkie Pie appoints Applejack to a special position and then the latter is able to use it to access an area that's off-limits to the public. What is the position Applejack is given? How is this position used to access the off-limits area? What does she do when she gets there?

Edit: Question Five has been changed to include the correct quote. Thanks to @ChB for pointing it out.

• Brohoof 7

@Ganondorf8

I'm sure I can answer 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 9 with a quick rewatch on some of them and others I already know the answers to.

Q5 gives me an excuse to binge watch all the Applejack scenes. Any scenes without her I can safely skip, right?

Q8. I wonder if Granny Smith personally says the answer and like with Q5, I could just rewatch all the scenes that have her in it until I find it?

I need to get all 3 parts of the bonus question to win that point?...........

OK. No pressure :mlp_lie:

@Happy Yoshi

Yes, you need to answer all three parts of the bonus question. As for skipping scenes that don't have Applejack... That's fine although how it will affect the trivia difficulty will be up to you to determine.

Sent them through for Apple horse's approval :mlp_yeehaa:

Although now I'm wondering :mlp_lie:

Spoiler

Do Bright Mac and Pear Butter count for Question 2 because I included them. They're family after all.

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Q5. Which episode did Applejack say the following: "More Apple Fwitters Please?"

I believe this is a slight misquote. I don't think she said, "Please."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@KH7672

I'm going to say yes to this.

@DonMaguz

My response is in the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Current members including their parents.

@ChB

I looked it up for myself and you're absolutely right. Guess I'm going to have to correct a certain someone whenever I can spare the time. Allow me to adjust the question so that it's correct instead of what it is.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, DonMaguz said:

About Q2... how many Sweet Apple Acres members are we talking about?

- Current members (post S7)?

- Members during most of the series?

- Every member who has lived there?

@Ganondorf8

What a second doesn't that mean, 

Spoiler

Apple jack

Big Mac

Apple Bloom

Granny Smith

Grand Pear

Bright Mac 

Pear Butter

I thought it was just the first 4. I swear, if I submit this and get it wrong for leaving out one member because I thought it was supposed to be currently living at the start of the series, I'm going to turn into a Nirik. Heck can't I just include all 7 just to be safe.

there should  be no penelty for adding extra members to the answer, right?

Please tell me I don't have to include anymore members passed the ones above.

The ENTIRE APPLE family is way too numerous for this, @Ganondorf8

Edited by Happy Yoshi
Empathize

4 hours ago, Happy Yoshi said:

These questions better not be trick questions. Because if they are, that wouldn't be very coming for the Element of Honesty. Right? :mlp_toldya:

None of them are trick questions.

• Brohoof 1

Oh no! I just signed on and didn't know there was an event today! Good thing I've got time to get my answers together. I'll have to wait till tomorrow cuz I can't stick around tonight. I hope I don't miss too much of this event. 

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, KH7672 said:

Although now I'm wondering :mlp_lie:

Hide contents

Do Bright Mac and Pear Butter count for Question 2 because I included them. They're family after all.

Spoiler

I doubt they're needed, but you just made me question my answer to that one, how about we start listing the whole family from s1 e1 introduction on the buffet they made for Twilight to inspect, heck, even pinkie pie might be an apple, better include her too

@Ganondorf8

I still haven't gotten my concern answered about this:

17 hours ago, Happy Yoshi said:

@Ganondorf8

What a second doesn't that mean, 

Reveal hidden contents

Apple jack

Big Mac

Apple Bloom

Granny Smith

Grand Pear

Bright Mac 

Pear Butter

I thought it was just the first 4. I swear, if I submit this and get it wrong for leaving out one member because I thought it was supposed to be currently living at the start of the series, I'm going to turn into a Nirik. Heck can't I just include all 7 just to be safe.

there should  be no penelty for adding extra members to the answer, right?

Please tell me I don't have to include anymore members passed the ones above.

The ENTIRE APPLE family is way too numerous for this, @Ganondorf8

Edited by Happy Yoshi

1 hour ago, Happy Yoshi said:

@Ganondorf8

I still haven't gotten my concern answered about this:

It doesn’t say Apple Family. It says Sweet Apple Acres. Most of the Apple Family don’t live, have lived, or work on Sweet Apple Acres. Question is not confusing at all. 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Jeric said:

It doesn’t say Apple Family. It says Sweet Apple Acres. Most of the Apple Family don’t live, have lived, or work on Sweet Apple Acres. Question is not confusing at all. 

Okay, I'll answer the question 2 about the Cutie Marks using the ones who lived at the farm, including

Spoiler

The Apple Pearents, Bright Mac and Pear Butter  (that's what I call them)

As well as Grand Pear since he's been welcomed back at the end The Perfect Pear. Ok.

Edited by Happy Yoshi

15 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

Okay, I'll answer the question 2 about the Cutie Marks using the ones who lived at the farm, including

Reveal hidden contents

I’m not confirming the answer here. That hurts the integrity of the trivia. You gots to earn it. I will say that just being a member of the family (blood or marriage) does NOT mean you are affiliated with the farm. 

With regards to question two, I think some slight leeway will be in order in terms of acceptable answers. It will be up to Applejack to make this decision though.

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

I’m not confirming the answer here. That hurts the integrity of the trivia. You gots to earn it. I will say that just being a member of the family (blood or marriage) does NOT mean you are affiliated with the farm. 

I'm not trying to cheat here. I do know who works at the farm, okay. I just don't want to be tricked by a seemingly vague question. That's all. Give me some credit for at least trying not to be fooled.

EDIT: I'm just trying to make sure there is no confusion here.

Edited by Happy Yoshi
Trying to make a calm response.

Okay, I sent in my answers. But this is the first time I've been genuinely uncertain of my success in a trivia challenge. I went through hours of viewing and research but simply could not find what I was looking for, so I had to take my best guess on at least one of them. I was actually dreaming about these trivia answers last night! That's how drenched my brain was in this challenge. :lostit:

I hope it all works out. Best of luck to all who participate! :mlp_icwudt:

One thing we haven't seen yet is the correct answers posted after each trivia event. I'm sure we'd all like to know how well we did. @Ganondorf8 is there any possibility this could be done? If I get any of the questions wrong I'd like to be able to improve my pony knowledge from my mistakes.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2