Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cider Season Trivia

Ganondorf8

8 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Okay, I sent in my answers. But this is the first time I've been genuinely uncertain of my success in a trivia challenge. I went through hours of viewing and research but simply could not find what I was looking for, so I had to take my best guess on at least one of them. I was actually dreaming about these trivia answers last night! That's how drenched my brain was in this challenge. :lostit:

I hope it all works out. Best of luck to all who participate! :mlp_icwudt:

One thing we haven't seen yet is the correct answers posted after each trivia event. I'm sure we'd all like to know how well we did. @Ganondorf8 is there any possibility this could be done? If I get any of the questions wrong I'd like to be able to improve my pony knowledge from my mistakes.

When you know the episodes, transcript of the episode might be faster then checking the entire episode, that's how I found most answers...if they are right that is XD

• Brohoof 4

12 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

One thing we haven't seen yet is the correct answers posted after each trivia event. I'm sure we'd all like to know how well we did. @Ganondorf8 is there any possibility this could be done? If I get any of the questions wrong I'd like to be able to improve my pony knowledge from my mistakes.

This is something that the EC's have been discussing for some time now and we concluded that posting the correct answers wouldn't be a good idea. While I can understand wanting to know what the answers are, it would lessen the overall effect that these challenges represent. Now, this isn't a permanent no as we might change our minds in the future.

15 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

what you can do is specifically ask to be told which answers were incorrect, if any(in your original answer post, and only during the trivia timeframe), we'll be happy to tell you which ones(but not their answer)so you can go search some more, even if the event is over. and if you want to get the correct answers that much, you have but to ask someone who has the badge, they will not be posted publicly however as some like to play at older trivia they have missed for the fun of it

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

In the midst of addressing concerns here, I almost forgot to submit my own answers for the trivia.

I got it all typed out but not yet submitted. I will soon

EDIT: And Submitted. 

Edited by Happy Yoshi

10 hours ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

When you know the episodes, transcript of the episode might be faster then checking the entire episode, that's how I found most answers...if they are right that is XD

I often check the transcripts, but they don't always cover all the visual aspects of a scene, so some viewing is necessary. It is good advice though.

6 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

This is something that the EC's have been discussing for some time now and we concluded that posting the correct answers wouldn't be a good idea. While I can understand wanting to know what the answers are, it would lessen the overall effect that these challenges represent. Now, this isn't a permanent no as we might change our minds in the future.

3 hours ago, Trix or Treat? said:

what you can do is specifically ask to be told which answers were incorrect, if any(in your original answer post, and only during the trivia timeframe), we'll be happy to tell you which ones(but not their answer)so you can go search some more, even if the event is over. and if you want to get the correct answers that much, you have but to ask someone who has the badge, they will not be posted publicly however as some like to play at older trivia they have missed for the fun of it

Fair enough. Thanks @Ganondorf8 and @Trix or Treat? for the input. That clarifies things. ;)

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

I often check the transcripts, but they don't always cover all the visual aspects of a scene, so some viewing is necessary. It is good advice though.

Fair enough. Thanks @Ganondorf8 and @Trix or Treat? for the input. That clarifies things. ;)

yeah, at some occasions i still watch the scene too, just to be sure

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Dreambiscuit said:

No problem.

Also, a reminder everyone that when this thread automatically locks, the trivia will end there and then. Be sure to send in your answers before it's too late.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, The Bone Soldier said:

@Ganondorf8

I’ll try and get my answers in tomorrow, OK bro.

It will need to be before the thread auto-locks tomorrow afternoon but I'm sure you can do it.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Bas said:

This is not the award for the trivia, is it?

Cider_Season.png.d203ecbbb3276c7bb60ec48

AJ didn't check my PM yet, but it has been like 24hours already.

Country ponies not knowing how to internet...

The PMs will likely be checked once this thread closes tomorrow afternoon.

Edit: This badge was given out throughout the event as a means of passing it around to other users. The other badge created for Cider Season is the one being given out for the trivia.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.

4 hours ago, Bas said:

This is not the award for the trivia, is it?

No it's not, that's a "give-a-member" budget. I assume the budget  with applejack's hat is the trivia budget. 

Edited by TBD

10 minutes ago, TBD said:

No it's not, that's a "give-a-member" budget. I assume the budget  with applejack's hat is the trivia budget. 

Oh that's right! The badge with the Stetson hat--Applejack's hat--is for the trivia. Thanks for correcting me.

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

Oh that's right! The badge with the Stetson hat--Applejack's hat--is for the trivia. Thanks for correcting me.

no problem :mlp_smug:

• The topic was featured
  • This topic was locked and unfeatured
(edited)

This thread and thus the trivia has been locked which means no further entries will be accepted. Thank you all for participating in the Cider Season Trivia. Be sure to be prepared for when the next trivia comes along--it involves Nightmare Night. Hopefully, it won't take Applejack too long to go through your answers and award badges accordingly. I'll be sure to give her a nudge forward in the right direction.

Edit: Submissions will be reviewed by the weekend.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Added a bit more.
  • Brohoof 1