Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health fear of clowns

OG CHUCK

Do you have fear or use to have fear of clowns ?

and why they scare you ?

yes I use to have fear of clown when I was a kid but I conquer it  but they continue to weird me out

I think they are from another word they are not natural

• Brohoof 2

Clowns don't scare me but I can see why they would frighten others. They can be uneasy to look at.

• Brohoof 1

@OG CHUCK

@shyabetes3939

@Venomous

@DJ_Vinyl.Scratch_3

Nowadays, I feel like media is stupidly making all clowns look evil. Not all of them are evil monsters trying to kill you. Whatever happen to the positive true perception that most real life clowns have a living of making people laugh. 

Heck look at the definition:

a comic entertainer, especially one in a circus, wearing a traditional costume and exaggerated makeup.

By definition, any entertainer trying to make people laugh is a clown even those who don't wear clown makeup.

People like Robin Williams, Dave Chappelle George Carlin and Richard Pryor are all comedians and by definition, are clowns too!

If you ask me, people need to be reminded of the true definition of a clown being a comic entertainer, first and foremost and not negative stereotypes of being scary monsters.

Edited by Happy Yoshi
  • Brohoof 2

Heck, there are some articles online that show innocent hard-working clowns losing their livelihood because of evil clowns have done ruining the image of what a clown is supposed to be: a comedian first and foremost:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3b4bg5/real-clowns-are-pissed-that-evil-clowns-are-giving-them-a-bad-rap-vgtrn

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://amp.timeinc.net/time/4520149/clown-attack-sighting-craze-history&ved=2ahUKEwidlbijpJbeAhWJq1QKHQPbBtMQFjALegQIBRAB&usg=AOvVaw227q4jtR1BaAQdyNTb4LTE&ampcf=1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://torontosun.com/2016/10/05/clowns-are-now-getting-a-bad-rap/wcm/394cb501-f1c3-47a3-a025-f8ac473b9f25/amp&ved=2ahUKEwidlbijpJbeAhWJq1QKHQPbBtMQFjAKegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw3-fCc7AUbSB6u-79OlZF1a&ampcf=1

Unless you legitimately have coulrophobia (fear of clowns) I think some people need to be reminded that there are both GOOD Clowns as well as bad ones just like there are good and bad people in the world.

• Brohoof 1

@Happy Yoshi , my great grandfather used to be a clown for some time. It's sucky that evil clowns had to come up, but you have to admit; that clown makeup is just creepy in general. I don't find it bad that some people find them scary. The other entertainers should not be compared with clowns. Yes, they may have similar purposes but they aren't wearing super 'creepy' outfits and face makeup. So I do disagree with that statement. I do understand how you think this though.  Sure there are good clowns but I'd think that this discussion refers to all clowns in general. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Vinyl.Scratch_3 said:

@Happy Yoshi , my great grandfather used to be a clown for some time. It's sucky that evil clowns had to come up, but you have to admit; that clown makeup is just creepy in general. I don't find it bad that some people find them scary. The other entertainers should not be compared with clowns. Yes, they may have similar purposes but they aren't wearing super 'creepy' outfits and face makeup. So I do disagree with that statement. I do understand how you think this though.  Sure there are good clowns but I'd think that this discussion refers to all clowns in general. 

It's just I've been seeing the negative stereotype about clowns being scary monsters used too much. All I want is for people to accept that there are both good and bad clowns. 

Also, not everyone sees clown makeup as scary. I'm an example of a viewer who have no problem with clown makeup. It's not what a clown looks like that automatically determines whether the clown is good or bad, it's what they do to other people, whetever making them laugh or actually intending harm that proves whether a individual clown is good or scary.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not afraid of clowns but I can understand why people would be afraid of them. They do come across as unusual which is meant to be their intention as a means of making people laugh at their antics, but not everyone appreciates this resulting in the fear aspect. It also doesn't help that clowns are portrayed in a negative fashion in various circles.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I'm not afraid of clowns but I can understand why people would be afraid of them. They do come across as unusual which is meant to be their intention as a means of making people laugh at their antics, but not everyone appreciates this resulting in the fear aspect. It also doesn't help that clowns are portrayed in a negative fashion in various circles.

Exactly. 

And that last sentence is the reason that bothers me a lot.

Where is the teacup reaction?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Yoshi said:

It's just I've been seeing the negative stereotype about clowns being scary monsters used too much. All I want is for people to accept that there are both good and bad clowns. 

Also, not everyone sees clown makeup as scary. I'm an example of a viewer who have no problem with clown makeup. It's not what a clown looks like that automatically determines whether the clown is good or bad, it's what they do to other people, whetever making them laugh or actually intending harm that proves whether a individual clown is good or scary.

I know what you mean. 

Yeah, that's why I used the ". But yeah, I get what you mean. Just many people are scared of clowns and I can understand that too. 

• Brohoof 2

I am definitely not afraid of clowns overall, but if done well in a horror setting, they can be extremely unnerving. Pennywise is obviously one of the best examples. I think one of the reasons for this, is that clowns are outfitted to have a constant happy expression and atmosphere, which could hide darkness underneath. I think that is where some of them can unnerve me personally, thinking of what they feel underneath the smiling makeup. All of that really does make them a good idea for a horror film, because you have that facade on the surface that can hide something sinister.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really been afraid of clowns ,

Fear of Clowns does seem to have decreased in prevalence in recent years..

Maybe Clowns just aren't as popular as they used to be...The idea of hiring a clown for a birthday or celebration, does seem a lot less attractive than it was 20 or 30 years ago, So not as many are exposed to them...

Edited by White Blood Cell
  • Brohoof 1

No I'm not scare of some guy/girl who's just doing their job.  If there some who choose  to be the  scary clown, well.. I happen to like scary clowns.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not afraid of clowns but I found them unnerving when I was little and still do to some extent. It has nothing to do with the fact that they're an overused cliche in horror movies. Rather, it's the fact that they are boisterous, flamboyant, and bigger than life. They can have an over-excess of personality, and when all that character confronts a child with an effort to be engaging and interactive, that child is often going to freak out. Lots of kids are shy or introverted, and when someone bigger than life with a bright colorful costume tries to elicit a laugh or favorable reaction, the immediate reaction for the child is to withdraw, escape or seek protection behind a parent's legs. Adults who have a negative perception of clowns are probably carrying over their childhood fears associated with them.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:58 PM, Lucky Bolt said:

Yes I have a fear of clowns.....but not Ronald McDonald. Loved him ever since I was like, 3

for me  it kreep me out 

I've never quite understood the fear of clowns. I understand where it stems from, all the movies that portray them as demons, aliens or serial killers and such, but I've always seen clowns as the extravagant and quirky performers they were in the past. A master of silliness and acrobatic feats. To some just having clown-like makeup on activates that fear regardless of how the clown may be acting and that's always seemed a bit odd to me.

• 1 month later...

I'm not happy when someone is getting in my face or trying to get a reaction out of me. I know that's what a lot of clowns are supposed to do, but I'm an introvert with a temper and I'd just as soon kick him in the pom poms as break a smile on cue.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...