Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shows that drive you insane.

Dashy 4 Ever

American idol, america's got talent, all their knock-offs and cousins. Much of those shows are scripted but they present it as reality, and they play sappy music when setting up a person's backstory to try and manipulate the emotions of the viewer in a really shallow fabricated way and it's kinda sickening to me. Also the fact that they never go off the air

Edited by Olly
  • Brohoof 5

I don't know.. normally whenever I see a trailer for any new shows, i knew right away it's going to be stupid. So i didn't bother wasting time on checking it out.

I’m probably gonna get banished from this forum by saying this but... The Office. I’m sorry. I just can’t stand it! It’s not my cup of tea! My friends think I’m crazy, but oh well :rarity:

Also, American horror story. It’s just not that great to me, but people are always saying how great it is. I tried watching it several times. It’s just very... blah, boring, and cheap to me. Overrated in my opinion.

Edited by CoconutCake

Steven Universe 

I like the show but the long freaking time span to get less than a handful of new eps is just a freaking killer! 

• 4 weeks later...

WWE Monday night raw and/or Friday night smackdown.

I used to like them. A lot of people did. They were the hottest ticket in town from '98-'01. But then they bought out the competition and have been sliding to decline for the past 17 years. 

Best word you can use to describe WWE's main roster products as a whole, would be 'frustrating'. There seems to be some animosity between the corporate side of the company and it's loyal, die hard fans. 

The talent is there in spades. Great matches and compelling storytelling can be had. But the shows are so inconsistent in quality and the creative decisions are just mind boggling. Plus the individual talents are treated like interchangeable extras. 

In short: WWE is the EA of wrestling. 

• Brohoof 1

On 10/23/2018 at 3:39 PM, cpl_dixon said:

Pretty much any new cartoon on Cartoon Network. 

This, Ten fold. Like, how long are they gonna milk Ben 10 or Total Drama Island?

Supernatural is a show that should have never existed in the first base. Fan base is what killed the show IMHO.

Since its loosley considered a show, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah. No one could replace Colbert, and this guy is the 'nail down a chalk board' sound personified.

Any current or upcoming Drama's or Sitcoms. Most of them pander to a specific demographic, or force a stereotype.

Scorpion

It basically treats the main characters as tools for the secondary characters. Being a person if relatively above-average intelligence, I find the idea of being used to be rather unsavory.

Teen Titans Go!, Clarence, every modern sitcom on Nickelodeon, Planet Sheen, Fanboy and Chum Chum, and almost every modern reality show (especially The Bachelor/Bachelorette).

...to name a few.

• Brohoof 1

Oh dear, here we go:

Code Lyoko

Totally Spies

Anything on Cartoon Network right now

Flapjack

Chowder

ChumChum

Kim Possible

Phineous and Pherb? Ferb?  I don't know, I don't care

Any live action Disney Hannah Montanna bullcrap

Teen Titans

Jimmy Neutron, most of new Nickelodeon in general

The Kardashians and anything to do with them

Shows about mothers thinking their hoo-ha is a clown car and has way too many freakin' kids. 

13 Reasons Why

One Piece

Bobobobobobobo (Yeah its an Anime)

Any new Scooby Doo cartoon. They just suck. Everything stopped being good with SD after Witches Ghost

There's more, I just blocked most out. Might get back to you later.