Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Idol Round 1

AnonyPoni

(edited)

HELLO EVERYPONY! Welcome to Equestria Idol!

This is a competition we will have to see who is the BEST SINGER in the herd!

Your Prize = Bragging rights! (maybe a badge or a title if Feld0 wants to)

This is round 1.

Anypony is elegible. You task (if you choose to accept it) is to sing songs from MLP FIM.

Only certain songs can be sung for the competition. Some of the songs are to short to see how well you sing.

(if the song says sing twice, that means you have to sing the song twice in the recording as if it was another verse)

Here is the list of songs you have to choose from

Laughter (sing it twice to count)

Winter Wrap Up

Art of the Dress

Art of the Dress (when rarity is restitching the dresses)

You Got to Share, You Got to Care (sing twice)

So many Wonders (sing twice)

At the Gala

Fluttershy's Pet Song

Becoming Popular (The Pony Everypony should know)

The Flim Flam Brother's Song

Perfect Stallion song (sing twice)

Pinky's Smile Smile Song

B.B.B.F.F.

This Day Aria (if you pull this one off... that would be amazing)

Love is in Bloom (The Extended Hasbro Version, Check this link, it is a bit longer and with less talking breaks in it) *Hint* Favorite Song *Hint*

Here are some Rules and Guidlines

To enter, simply make a video or recording of you singing one of the above songs and post it to youtube. Then put the video on the thread.

I will listen as many as I can and choose 20 ponies to go on to Round 2.

You may have a piano/band cover or a instrumental in the background, but it is not required.

You may Modify the way the song is played (ie playing it in a heavy metal version, or singing it slowly and majestically) Creativity may improve your chances.

Don't worry if you don't have fancy recording equipment. I am listening to how well you sing, as long as I can basically hear that, your fine.

If there are more entries than I expect, then I will ask some help from some ponies to help me out.

If you are shy and don't want us to know your face, that is fine. Just have a picture or something showing instead.

If you drop out, Just take your video off the forum.

Don't be shy if you don't think you sing well, I won't be that pony who was mean to everypony when they sang on American Idol.

The length of the song matters. I will be a bit more strict on short song than long ones (Just the way I look at it). However, long ones you have too sing well for a longer time.

I won't give bad, mean critism, only nice comments if I like your singing.

if you have questions, quote the Q bellow and ask it

Q

Round one ends on June 2, 2012

Happy singing!

(a note to the Moderators: I Moved it to the forum games section because more ponies browse this section)

(I know the Prize isn't much, so I will see if I can make the honor more appealing)

Edited by Anony-Brony

I might compete, but I've never recorded or made music before...

Also a question, would Fan made songs count? Like Eurobeat Brony's Discord and Luna, Daddy Discord, basically everything from Aviators, etc.

And to make it clear, at this point I am not participating, but the possibility is there.

(edited)

I might compete, but I've never recorded or made music before...

Also a question, would Fan made songs count? Like Eurobeat Brony's Discord and Luna, Daddy Discord, basically everything from Aviators, etc.

And to make it clear, at this point I am not participating, but the possibility is there.

Well...no. Not for round one, anyway. I was going to do that for Round 2. You have to make it to round 2 first. (If you do compete, you won't have much competition by the way this thread is looking.

oh... don't worry about recording experience. Im sure you can do it easily

Edited by Anony-Brony