Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.

Dashy 4 Ever

Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.

• Aww... it's so cute!
    • Bro, what is this?
    • Um......
    • This show looks good!
    • Nope, not watching that show!
    • Why did I bother?
    • Let's see what this is all about.
    • Other: State your initial reaction.

while watching the first episode of S1 (I've seen and heard about mlp for a long time, but when I seriously decided to watch the show to see if it's any good and what's the fuss is all about, I started of course with S01E01)

my thoughts at first minutes were like:

-ok, so this is cheap flash animation. probably this cartoon is made with only one purpose - to sell toys and other merchandise...

then I start diggin' the characters, which were super interesting to watch at, then the voice acting was (and still is of course) great!

and then the epic story! some super mighty evil creature (pony I mean) was trapped in (or on) the moon, but today is the day! and the only one super-smart pony knows about it! now she have to warn everypony, but they of course don't listen to her, then she tries to investigate by herself (with help of her assistant Spike the dragon), but getting distracted by everypony, since she came at the preparations for the big holiday! and then.. it was already too late. Nightmare Moon was here.

then goes the second episode. of course I have to know how they'll defeat such threat... and then it goes on to the third ep. and fourth... and here I am. part of the fanclub.

• Brohoof 3

I watched a bunch of parodies on Newgrounds a year before I got into it.

Then I stumbled onto Lesson Zero, and I was like 'Wow, this show looks awesome and cute and pretty!' And now here I am lol.

• Brohoof 1

I always thought that the quality of the show was good, I just wasn't really into it and enjoying it to the fullest until I was five episodes in. Everything about when I was first getting into the show does still have some nostalgia value for me, however. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

In my case, I knew that MLP was an Internet phenomenon before I saw it for the first time, so when I accidentally saw it on TV I was biased and thought "How can people be into this?" without paying much attention. Only a few years after I realized how great it is.

• Brohoof 1

@Sondash Studios

Moved to Sugarcube Corner. :)

As for me; it was pretty much "huh; this actually looks pretty interesting. A high stakes situation with pony Maleficent? I wan see more!"

• Brohoof 3

The first time I actually sat down to watch the show, I really enjoyed it. But before that, honestly I avoided it. The only reason I ever even started watching in the first place was because I was bored one day, turned on The Hub, noticed MLP was on and wanted to see what the hype was all about. I didn't have high expectations at all. But that episode (Castle Mane-ia) was really fun and I just had to start the show from the beginning.

• Brohoof 4

When I first saw mlp (older gen), my first reaction as a kid was "ooh colorful ponies." And that's when I first liked mlp. It's dies down as I got older till G4 shows up. 

• Brohoof 1

I was surfing through the channels late at night/early morning and I saw My Little Pony listed on the TV schedule. I had seen it listed there before but never gave it a thought. Such was my desperation for anything that wasn't an infomercial, that I tuned in and saw Twilight trotting along in Lesson Zero. I thought, "This is cute animation. I love the way her little hooves look as she walks toward the camera." I had only planned to take a glimpse, but it held my attention so completely that I watched the rest of the episode and haven't stopped watching since. I couldn't believe that I stumbled across such a gem. The next day I told my brother I'd discovered the 'next great show' and he did some research on it, telling me later that it had a huge following of grown men called Bronies. I thought, "This is too cool for words!" and knew I had found something truly special. 

• Brohoof 2

I was in college when MLP:FiM first aired. I was aware of its existence but brushed it off as a girly show.

Fast forward to late 2017 when I watched the first 2 episodes: "Huh, that was quite fun to watch". Fan made content brought me to the show.

• Brohoof 2

MLP: FiM is one of the few times I actually bought into the hype of something. It was definitely a "What's all the hype about?" reaction at first, but the show really grew on me, and after a long-ish hiatus here we are today :proud:

• Brohoof 1

When I first started watching this show, I was just a lazy and curious 9 year old. I noticed that Season 1 wasn’t all that enthusiastic, but I found its story to be more interesting compared to watching shows on CN. Later on I thought of this show as cute and here I am today. Close to graduation and still cuddling with my twilight sparkle Plushie every night. Lol.

My response was quite literally "bro, what is this?" As I, an 18 year old girl, was introduced to the show by my 20 year old brother. So that, and hesitation. He pestered me for months to watch it before I finally did. And that only happened because he cornered me on spring break, lol. 

When my sister begged me to watch MLP, I thought she was talking about G3. I was hesitant at first. But when I finally watched my first episode, it was very different from what I thought it would have been. So then I watched more and then I was hooked. MLP changed my life forever. I won't go into much detail, but I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my sister introducing it to me on that day. 

• Brohoof 3

When I was in 3rd grade I made fun of the theme song and rainbow dash. In 6th grade I was browsing the stations (cable) and I saw what I think was the first ep of season 7 on the hub network. I didn’t watch it though cuz I still thought i was a girls show. Just on January 5th of this year, I became a brony because I just thought to myself “let’s do something crazy and watch a kids show!” It was one of the best decisions of my life becuz I was introduced into a whole new world and now aware that there was a fandom. Soooooo I join the forums 2 months ago and my life is so much better!:pinkie: *sqwee*

i also said (IVE SHOULD HAVE WATCHED THIS WAYYYYYYYY SOONER!!!!!!!)

Edited by MidnightDawn
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first I ever heard of My Little Pony was when I was 14 years old and on a family trip to visit some friends. One of the sons Of my parents' friends was a brony and showed us his pony collection and told us the show was really good. My main memory is of looking at a poster of Rainbow Dash on his bedroom wall and thinking, "Maybe... no, it's not for me". Two years later, my siblings started watching it, and with some reluctance on my part, I finally watched an episode, Luna Eclipsed specifically . Since then, I've been hooked!

I always new of the shows existence and the irony community however it wasn't until June of this year when I stumbled upon a "briny cringe" video. Though I didn't find the video cringe at all, I was fascinated at how the show attracted this audience. As I result I decided to try the show and let me tell you: it's one of the best things I've ever done!

I think I bench watched the first two seasons on the grounds that it looked interesting to watch. Of course I skipped the whole Twilight Sparkle got wings drama, and I guess it didn't traumatized me as much it did the rest of fanbase

Well, I watched the old 80s ponies as a small child, and I watched it like I would any other cartoon.

As for gen 4, I started hearing about during its first season, and I was like, "Lauren Faust made this? Well, Powerpuff Girls is the best thing ever, so let's give it a shot". It turned out to be the best flash animation I'd ever seen, and overall a better cartoon than anything else on at that point. The 00s was a desolate wasteland of animation, so I watched on with curiosity and fascination.

...Although the first time I searched for 'new mlp', I accidentally found some sleepover episode from season 3 or whatever, and I couldn't believe people actually liked that stuff. It was a few days later that I found some pictures of the show and went on a new search.