Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.

Dashy 4 Ever

Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.  

37 users have voted

1. 1. Your initial reaction when you first saw MLP in your life.

• Aww... it's so cute!
    • Bro, what is this?
    • Um......
    • This show looks good!
    • Nope, not watching that show!
    • Why did I bother?
    • Let's see what this is all about.
    • Other: State your initial reaction.

I was at a panel and the presenters desktop was DJ Pon3. And I was like "Oh hey, dudes have found something unique and appealing in a little girls show. Big deal. Guys liked Powerpuff Girls and the Sailor Moon dub/edit. This is nothing revolutionary.." 

• 1 year later...

I was flipping through channels and I saw MLP on, and I was like "that show looks boring and I'm not interested, I'd rather watch Transformers Prime instead". I didn't even watch it for a moment. It wasn't until I watched part of an episode that I started loving the show.

Complete curiousity on my part is what brought me to this. :squee: I had looked at all of it before and went ‘Jeez, people like that?’ and then the moment I saw those Six ponies come together, everything in my life finally made sense. :wub:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 3

I first saw it on TV and watched it for a minute (like I used to do with all animated shows) then completely forgot about it. The moment I became interested in ponies is when I saw some yellow pony in my friend's skype avatar

• Brohoof 1

The very first time I saw anything mlp related was this gif

f530ce31b2e62aa57d4c73b84f6711ad.gif

My first reaction was accordingly: "wtf?!"

I don't remember where I heard the rumors of mlp being good, I think it was while I was reading Homestuck and just stumbled upon a conversation regarding the theme. It was the age of the first mlp "haters gonna hate" kinda memes that were everywhere. And that's how I got interested on seeing what was the fuzz about... Just like how I got into Homestuck too. 

I saw the winter wrap up song reblogged on tumblr.  

RD came up immediately, and my first reaction was “This is adorable” 

Then RD raised her hoof and I absolutely died of cuteness for reasons only my brain knows, but can’t put into words, and I was hooked ever since. 

Spoiler

I mean look at the cuteness. 

D01A507B-629F-41DB-99D0-9D73645B0A1B.jpeg.1ccfd8c8410fe5e410060545f4e93a3e.jpeg

First time I saw it, I couldn't believe it was MLP. The episode that I first saw was Boast Busters. I was in the computer lab one day at school (12th grade), and saw a girl watching the episode. I asked her what the show was and she said it was MLP. I was like "What? It can't be. The last time I saw MLP was those intolerable english accented ones from the mid 2000s."