Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi! I finally joined an mlp forum!

CinnamonStrings

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

pinkie-pie

How did you find MLP Forums?

I was looking for some forums to join cause I'd like to make friends somehow. I figured a themed forum is better, cause this way I'd definitely share at least one common interest with potential friends. :)

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Mlp was a great part of my childhood. I used to play with ponies as early as in kindergarten. I grew up with G3 and still have a ton of merch from that time. I also loved the G1 series, I watched it whenever it aired. Then came G3.5... I think you can guess why my fanhood stopped then and there. :yeahno:

At first, I actually disliked G4. And not because of something like "eeew, it's for little girls" or something - heck, I was a 9 year old little girl when G4 began! I simply judged the book by its cover. I hadn't seen any episodes, only the brushables at the shops and I was so used to G3-style that I didn't want to accept this change.

The first episode I saw was Over a Barrel back in 2011, I think... and while it's not one of the better episodes, I still enjoyed it a lot. Soon, I binged the dubbed version of season 1 on Youtube and when dubbed season 2 came out, I did the same with that. 

I consider myself an actual part of the fandom since August 2013. That was when I first visited an mlp fansite and discovered that this show about cute horses has such a large and diverse fanbase. Ever since then, I've been keeping up with mlp news. :) 

.And that's how Equestria was made! 

Sooo, I guess I'll tell you a bit about myself. :) 

Hiii, I'm CinnamonStrings, a young mare from Hungary. I'm almost 17 (my bday is 23 December) and currently go to high school. My current study and career plans are to go to uni to become a historian or linguist (not sure yet which one). 

OK, as you can guess, I love history and languages for sure. I also love literature, geography and biology in general. In my free time I love looking up random stuff on the net, watching Youtube, drawing, reading, writing, watching shows, movies, especially mlp (naturally :mlp_smug:)  and listening to music. I love board games and card games too. I'm interested in psychology, pscychoanalysis, astrology, a bit of esotheria, and stuff. I collect gem bracelets and minerals in general as a hobby. What I reeally enjoy is overanalyzing my favorite shows/films/games and that includes mlp for sure! :) 

Mlp affected my life positively in a lot of ways. The season 4 opener was the first time ever when I watched something in English without subtitles. It was a super big deal for me back then, but I wanted to see the new episodes sooo bad that I decided to go through with it. And I never needed any subs for mlp ever since. It helped me a lot in learning English and I'm planning to check the German dub sometime, maybe it will help in that too. :)  

My favorite mane ponies are Pinkie Pie and Rarity, but all six mares grew so close to my heart over the years and so did Spike, the CMC and Starlight. <3 My fav characters also include Celestia, Luna, Discord, Trrrixie, Spitfire, Capper, Rockhoof, comic!Stygian, Starswirl, Ocellus, Gallus and maaaany more. And Octavia is best background pony! :D Oh, and I like Equestria Girls too. Sunset is one of overall top favorites.

Okaay, some other stuff I also likeAvatar (A:TLA and LoK too - one of the best-built fantasy world I've seen, seriously), Gravity Falls, Criminal Case (Facebook game I'm addicted to), Undertale, and more.

OK, with this I'm also gonna be totally honest, make AJ proud...

I'm usually pretty lonely... I don't really have friends. :( My self-esteem is low and so I don't notice whenever someone wants to befriend me... and I miss the chance to form a closer bond with them. I have a hard time opening up to people because of my low self-esteem and that might make me seem arrogant or dull or disinterested. I am indeed more introverted than social, but I'd still like to have at least a few close friends so bad... who I could go out with and stuff. So from now on, I'll do my best to change and become more friendly and outgoing. And joining an online forum is part of the change too. :) I wanted to do this for a long time anyways.

Kudos to anypony who read my rambling all the way here, haha. Have a good day/night/whatever time of the day it is for you right now (it's almost midnight for me)! :) 

• Brohoof 7

hay.png

Oh look, another Cinnamon huh.. Well Hai! I'm Cinnamon, Cinna, Cinny, whichever you wanna call me.

If you have any questions, or just want a pony to chat with, feel free to PM me! I'm always all for new friends.

And yeah I know how it feels to be lonely, so I know about that, but maybe that will change now that you're here. And yeah you like a lot of cool things!

Have a good time here, and kudos to another fellow Cinnamon. xD Hehe.

Edited by Lil'Cinnamon
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Oh, hello! It's too late I guess to welcome you, just wanted to say I am from Hungary too, since not so many of us are here. :)
Igen, írhattam volna magyarul is, de ez a szabály. Kivéve mikor nem. B)