Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What would you do with a billion dollars?

CandyCorn

-pay bills 

-fix house

-fix family. I mean... medics xd

-fix me

-get a cool cintiq

-get a good pc decent enough to move photoshop

-invest

Spoiler

Pay hasbro a huge amount to let me marry fluttershy

-help some friends.

Just to cover the important stuffs :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I would buy a brand new car and a house and pay it all off upfront. I would also donate to some animal shelters/humane societies.

• Brohoof 2

Step 1. Buy a small village in some third world country. 

Step 2. Declare independence from said third world country. 

Step 3. Pay other third world countries to acknowledge my "country" in order to make it somewhat legitimate. 

Step 4. Crown myself king and spend the rest of the money on the coronation ceremony.

Honestly? This question is deceptively difficult to answer; 1 billion dollars is far, far more than 1 million, to the point where it is difficult to know where to even start. To put this into perspective, I will list the price of a few luxury items (or better):

• Private islands in London: 750,000$
  • Private jets: 300,000$
  • Diamond and Gold Rolex watches: 6,500$
  • A Mansion: 20,000,000$
  • A Yacht: 70,000,000$
  • DIVA vodka: $1,000,000
  • A Rolls-Royce Sweptail: 13,000,000$
  • The Diamond Wedding Gown: 12,000,000$

If you were to buy all of these items... you would still have 870,943,500$ left. Throughout all of the reckless spending we have just covered... you would still be set for life. With that said... where does one even begin? Yes, I would buy myself a cozy home, retire quite early, donate quite a bit of my fortune to charity, travel the world, purchase exquisite wines... overall, being an indulgent individual. :D 1 billion dollars in an incomprehensible amount of money, after all.

In summary... what would I do with 1 billion dollars? Counterquery: what wouldn't I do with 1 billion dollars? :D

• Brohoof 3

• Move my family to New Hampshire pretty much immediately, since that's what we want to do anyway. Just no more need to wait or worry about financially making it work. With that money my parents and I could both have separate, luxurious homes.
  • Buy my parents a house somewhere warmer to go during the winter.
  • Buy every wind instrument I could ever want! Very much including historical ones like crumhorns! And for a non-wind instrument, I'd definitely have a harpsichord.
  • Vacation and tour through Western Europe and Greece.
  • Donate some money to good causes.
  • Brohoof 1

I would:

1. invest in stocks

2. put a few million into a savings account

3. probably start my own publishing company

4. purchase a secluded home of reasonable size

5. give several million to select family members

6. donate several million to trustworthy charities 

7. pay bills

8. take classes to learn marketable skills. Money disappears quickly--even a billion dollars (especially if you have thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of medical bills)

Spending enormous amounts of money on entertainment and luxury items would destroy me and my family. I would have to ensure that I had a steady income before I could really enjoy my wealth.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14
  • Brohoof 1

I would buy half a billion lottery tickets! :muffins:

I'm honestly not sure what I would do with that much money, I guarantee you that I wouldn't be able to use it all in my lifetime unless I give it all to charity or shred it. :P One of the only things I wouldn't be able to do with that money is acquiring Apple. :huh: 

Anyways, I would probably travel the world, make my friends and relatives millionaires if they wanted to, and... not much from there. :D Frankly, I think having that much money would be a hassle. Think of all the math you need to do whenever you file your taxes. :laugh:

• Brohoof 3

Just a million (or preferably a few) would be enough for me to live comfortably! :P

But if by some strange occurrence, I ended up getting a billion (which I certainly wouldn't be against), I could think of a lot of things to do. I'd probably save most of it, just spending when I felt I needed something. And with such a huge amount of money, I'd give my family a few millions, or at the very least, help them with some expenses. I'd probably give some to charity too (don't know which one, but that's not today's problem ;)). And what else – maybe I'd realize some completely insane dreams. Perhaps I'd start making cartoons, which has been my dream – even if I lost a few millions, I'd still have plenty left! :laugh:

• Brohoof 5

Alright, let's get started!

1. Donate a lot to people who need it more than me.

2. Give Hasbro tons of cash to make sure MLP doesn't die for the next 20 years.

3. Pay the credit cards.

4. Save it.

5. Invest it.

6. Use it to marry my very special Rainbow Dash! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I would start by giving some of it to charity/helping others/certain friends and family members/etc and then finally treat myself to everything I ever wanted....I'd buy me a 10-acre (or larger) ranch/farm in Kentucky or Tennessee, own lots of horses, maybe some cows. Purchase all my dream vehicles and just happily live the rest of my life in comfort from there. 

Probably put the rest of it in savings or something. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I would start by giving some of it to charity/helping others/certain friends and family members/etc and then finally treat myself to everything I ever wanted....I'd buy me a 10-acre (or larger) ranch/farm in Kentucky or Tennessee, own lots of horses, maybe some cows. Purchase all my dream vehicles and just happily live the rest of my life in comfort from there. 

Probably put the rest of it in savings or something. 

Could you buy me my dream car while your at it?:(

• Brohoof 1

I'd just hide it  and ponders for a very long time about what I should do with this much money..

• Brohoof 2

• Hire lawyers to account for it all. 
  • Heavily invest in stocks, precious metals and real estate. Have my money make money.
  • Put 10% in bank. Live off interest. Sleep all day. Never work again. 
  • Fly to Europe for heavy metal festivals. 
  • donate to as many kickstarters, indygogos, paetreons and streaming services as I want.
  • Build my dad the bomb shelter he's always wanted.
  • Buy my mom the snow leopard she's always wanted. 
  • Donate to every animal shelter in the world. 
  • Buy a tank and get license to drive it. 
  • Buy rights to MLP. 
  • Brohoof 4

I would call Elon Musk and ORDER him to take me to the moon!  I'd go to Mars too, but only if it's a round trip! I'm not planning on spending the rest of my life there!

(If I can convince him to go with me, I'd take my husband. If not, bye honey! See you in a year or two!)

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Buy my mom the snow leopard she's always wanted

Your mom sounds COOL!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 2

I would hire a development team to make the best videogame for the brain that's both challenging, plays at your pace, and has good aesthetics and storytelling.

I would hire the Skullgirls Animators, Lauren Faust, The guys who made Nes Battletoads, The guys who invented DnD if they are alive, The guy who made Devil Daggers, The Co-op developers on Starcraft 2 and the StarCraft/Brood War developers, Some of the guys who worked on Doom (the recent one), and the people who made Panoramical. And some random games with good sound design like Donkey Kong Country or Mario sorta sound design so it keeps people in and so the full spectrum of sound will be good all the time anyways.

I would give them each a percent of the total gains from sales plus a normal wage for the work they tend to do.

The team will be organized so you can put up ideas because those are alot of creators with alot of good ideas potentially and we need everyone to be able to speak up. Oh and I am on it too, the game has to be enjoyable and something I would actually play and I would be the one providing the theory on maximizing it for the mind.

The game would be totally aesthetic, have large variety, it recognizes the speeds at which you press which buttons and how fast/often you use new abilities and old abilities as time goes on in each game mode to try and understand your learning speed and current skills so it can provide a lightly stronger challenge each second for you to adapt to. I want it to also account for perception skills. Like theres a room of 80 objects you have 20 seconds before a bad guy blocks the door n gets you or something *subject to change or parallel or similar scenarios* and then they notice based on the brightness, where your eyes tend to linger, which items you had a preference for visually, which items you had a preference for based on description and which ones based on use.

Then it encourages you to use lesser used abilities more over time, til eventually you are doing every skill at peak level and your peak keeps rising due to muscle memory and the game having an effectively constant difficulty increase that it knows you can handle.

And each playthrough will differ because your skills will differ and based on your skills there are different aesthetics. And the story will keep you engaged with just plain enjoyable moments cuz of Faust, humor of the 'toads', badassery of doom. And then the 'toads' help to employ true skill oriented mechanical variety.

Then it has an rts trippy aspect in first person somehow. Like in missions you teleport to locations, can posses units, can spawn units of many varieties each with odd niche roles. And the game constantly changes so you need to relearn the abilities relearn what units there are and what structures, relearn enemy units, enemy unit behavior strats change based on a spectrum and 3-d graph determined on the aesthetic alterations which are determined based on your skills.

But so you do not miss out on anything it needs to be like an evergrowing spectrum that branches out so you don't miss any unique combinations if you go from 0 skill to mastered. Which means it should be independent from a difficulty calculator. And then eventually you may realize different aesthetics mean you are getting too comfortable or not comfortable enough with certain strats.

The story will be about exploring different perspectives and strategies and dealing with alternate strategies for which there is an infinite spectrum of.

And the game should be graphically simplistic enough so that more of the ram can be used for predictive difficulty on the changing system or it'll be really imbalanced, and it'd require alot of playtesting with people of various controls and skills and game histories.

It should be intellectual gameplay, whilst skill oriented gameplay (think faster/outplay oriented or tactics, And clever technical strategy or mindgames oriented etc)

And one philosophy for skill gain is, the game's speed can change throughout time. Slower to 50% all the way to faster x% based on skill level and frame-rate. Spatial distortions. Contrast changes, color variability, camouflage intensity of enemies (transparency and camo patterns)

The game should be trippy for the highest skill levels like the entire game ate 20 tabs of acid and a pound of magic shrooms and have a breathing tube on where you perpetually inhale dmt

719043718_!cutetreehuggertreehuggertrippy.thumb.gif.86219630a22280f011f8ee71d9d62c23.gif

and because you slowly improved at it over the course of 10,000 hours the game is eventually entirely unrecognizable to noobs but you from muscle memory, reflexes, and subconscious recognition skills and abstract thinking can habitually deduce everything that's going on constantly even though the enemies are shapeshifting entirely once per frame while having distortions and color changes camouflages and transparencies brightness and textures all at the same time, including the environment shifting constantly as well. Someone next to you be like 'wtf is that an indoor pool that turned into a whale and wishes it were a clown or something?' Naw man, that's a fireman I spawned.

And I would make it for VR. (lol on other consoles too of course, but on vr 10k hours in would be sadistic lol)

... And now that I think about it the second thing I would do is hire people to help with a thing to try and get psychedelics legalized because studies say they grow brain cells so can increase rate of learning like when they used it on mice. So its actually good for you. So that's where alot of my money would go to as well.

Then I would hire people to have plants genetically modified to contain all non-addictive nootropics (brain enhancers) and psychedelics, and so it has dna from weeds and grasses and cacti so it spreads like wildfire and can survive in harsh climates.

Then I would visit the world. Then provide funding for stuff to keep people young forever.

And of course find ways to make more money doing other stuff I like so I can keep doing weird ambitions with my money. Perhaps make tons of expansions for the game idea.

• Brohoof 2

A billion sounds like alot. But I have lots of ideas what to do with it.:-D

1. Pay off the house loan.

2. Donate to MLPF.

3. Donate to Tiarawhy.

4. Buy all my favorite cars.

5. Buy tons of pony merch.

6. Invest in stocks.

7. Have an memorable wedding with Twi :twismile:

8. Donate a few million to those who need it.

9. Buy a beach house.

10. Put the rest in the bank, live off interest and never go to school again.

• Brohoof 3